Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Ryousuke no Sasoi

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

447 Pages  « 402 403 404 405 406 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 537,182  ·  Replies: 11,163 
> Random Thoughts
Tessou
  Posted: Sep 9 2017, 11:53 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Hey, EU wants open borders, they're gonna get the side effects of open borders.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Sep 9 2017, 01:29 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

We're on page 404 .. technically this page should be Not Found. awesome.gif ??

Also, in other news Prince user posted image FINALLY started a YouTube channel .. the man was creepier than Jaden Smith ~ but I'll be a monkey's uncle if he didn't make some dank AF tunes!user posted image

SPOILER
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nerubian
Posted: Sep 9 2017, 03:51 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,931

QUOTE (Tessou @ 3 hours, 58 minutes ago)
Hey, EU wants open borders, they're gonna get the side effects of open borders.

And the population suffer from it. I hope the EU will fall someday because of this.
Tessou
  Posted: Sep 9 2017, 07:43 PM

Group Icon

I think it'll be more than the EU crumbling. We're talking about an aggressive ideology taking over a continent.
umustwait101
Posted: Sep 11 2017, 06:13 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

Will be visiting Paris tomorrow. In Amsterdam and Belgium, I see a lot of Muslims but they are just normal folk. Germany also was very diverse. Munich was very nice to me. From what I've read, France has just been doing immigration wrong: they've let in minorities without integrating them into society, so now you have large populations of people feeling alienated. Either they should keep immigrants out, like Switzerland, or integrate them into society, like Germany and the Netherlands. But we'll see, tomorrow. There's so many tourists in Europe, and it seems with the exception of Zurich and Munich, there's plenty of scammers, beggars, and pickpocketers flocking all the famous sites.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Posted: Sep 18 2017, 08:30 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

youtube is very sneaky at times on their recommended vids. its a few times i saw it recommended some shitty vids, namely popular pop artist channels. thankfully it doesnt occur too often and i mark them as not interesting.

on a more serious note, do car oil life monitors notice that the oil was changed before the notice was supposed to go on? or does it only register when the light goes on for hte oil change?? i have a 2011 Ford Fiesta and i did an oil change after 5k KM interval. that last oil change was 1k KM ago/3 months ago and the notice went on yesterday. im pretty damn sure its still good so im guessing it only does the calculations on a predetermined scale. mine cant be reset unless the light goes on for the oil change.

This post has been edited by 207 on Sep 18 2017, 09:34 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 18 2017, 02:07 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

To your first point, YouTube recommends crappy pop artist garbage if you don't give it anything to go off of. For instance, if I fire up Chrome in incognito mode and go to YouTube, the front page will be entirely pop crap. So if you've disabled tracking cookies and/or are not logged in, then all it has to go on are pop crap and whatever videos you've watched so far in that single session.

To your second point, 'maintenance required' lights are just based on miles traveled. On my car, the timer can be reset anytime by holding down the reset button. The light will come on, then it will go out, indicating the reset. If your last oil change place didn't reset it, that's why it's coming on. If you actually can't reset it until it's on and actually intend to use it, then live with it until your next oil change and reset it then. Otherwise just reset it now and ignore it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
APX
Posted: Sep 18 2017, 08:50 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Hmmm...not sure if to pick up an unlocked SE or Iphone 6... both are cheap as fuck on ebay, won't ever add a sim card or use it as a actual phone.

SE seems my best pick.
Posted: Sep 18 2017, 09:12 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 7 hours, 5 minutes ago)
To your first point, YouTube recommends crappy pop artist garbage if you don't give it anything to go off of. For instance, if I fire up Chrome in incognito mode and go to YouTube, the front page will be entirely pop crap. So if you've disabled tracking cookies and/or are not logged in, then all it has to go on are pop crap and whatever videos you've watched so far in that single session.

To your second point, 'maintenance required' lights are just based on miles traveled. On my car, the timer can be reset anytime by holding down the reset button. The light will come on, then it will go out, indicating the reset. If your last oil change place didn't reset it, that's why it's coming on. If you actually can't reset it until it's on and actually intend to use it, then live with it until your next oil change and reset it then. Otherwise just reset it now and ignore it.

i noticed that too on YT if im not logged in or on another PC. its not often pop recommendations come along on my page but it usually surprises me when they sneak onto there.

thanks, for some reason ford doesnt have the proper info in the book or whatever but it cant reset the oil life whenever i please to do so. its a bit stupid as the previous vehicle chevy venture had an oil life guage that could be reset any time. the new thing Ford did removed that option, i cant even check the oil life as theres no option to do so. blink.gif i'll just reset it and go on with my day as i know when i need to do the next oil change. ive reset it before though i believe i had to look online as the info in my book was wrong.

ive done the last 3 oil changes myself and only 2 recent of those were before the warning came on. i went to the dealer for the first 4 yrs as the warranty was still good but after that i did it myself.
umustwait101
Posted: Sep 19 2017, 04:02 AM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (APX @ 7 hours, 11 minutes ago)
Hmmm...not sure if to pick up an unlocked SE or Iphone 6... both are cheap as fuck on ebay, won't ever add a sim card or use it as a actual phone.

SE seems my best pick.

My mom lost her iphone se to pickpocketers in Europe, and I'm currently looking for a replacement. I'm seeing SEs going for around $200 on eBay. For that price, you could get it at the MetroPCS store as well.

If you use other carriers, or if you don't care about the phone part, I've seen iPhone SEs going for $150 for Virgin Mobile or Boost Mobile.

While $150 to $200 is cheap for an iPhone, there's lots of androids that are around that price point with similar performance. In particular, I'm looking at the Galaxy A3, Xperia Z5 Compact, and Xperia X Compact, though the latter two are a bit higher in price.

https://www.boostmobile.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw...es/Silver,16GB/

I think it ends up being around $200 for the iPhone SE, since you have to pay for one month service.

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Sep 19 2017, 04:06 AM
Nerubian
Posted: Sep 22 2017, 05:03 PM

𝒟ℯ𝒶𝓇 𝒹𝒾𝒶𝓇𝓎,
ℐ 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓇 𝒻ℴ𝓇ℊℯ𝓉 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓂ℴ𝓂ℯ𝓃𝓉 𝓌𝒽ℯ𝓃 ℐ 𝓈𝒶𝓌 𝓂𝓎 𝒻ℯ𝓂𝒶𝓁ℯ 𝒸ℴ𝓊𝓈𝒾𝓃 𝓃𝒶𝓀ℯ𝒹 𝓌𝒽ℯ𝓃 ℐ 𝒻𝒾𝓋ℯ ℴ𝓇 𝓈𝒾𝓍 𝓎ℯ𝒶𝓇𝓈 ℴ𝓁𝒹.

𝒮𝒾𝓃𝒸ℯ𝓇ℯ𝓁𝓎,
 𝓂𝓎 𝒻ℯ𝓂𝒶𝓁ℯ 𝒸ℴ𝓊𝓈𝒾𝓃'𝓈 𝒸ℴ𝓊𝓈𝒾𝓃

This post has been edited by Nerubian on Sep 22 2017, 05:04 PM
Posted: Sep 22 2017, 09:26 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

i must really hate myself, i was watching naruto shittyden eps 382-293 (not the fillers) and i finally saw both of them die and the series ended with the bad guys winning. that was a horrible train wreck to watch.

*looks at next eps* awww F&^K, there are more eps to the shitty series. im slowly gonna see the remaining non filler eps in this 3rd rate anime and bury this long dead decomposing mess of a series. F*^K boruto, im not gonna see another rehash of this shitty Naruto anime again. boruto is just gonna follow the same old formula until you have them focus on 100 characters at the same time.

This post has been edited by 207 on Sep 22 2017, 09:27 PM
xiao
Posted: Sep 23 2017, 01:43 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 8 hours, 28 minutes ago)
𝒟ℯ𝒶𝓇 𝒹𝒾𝒶𝓇𝓎,
ℐ 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓇 𝒻ℴ𝓇ℊℯ𝓉 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓂ℴ𝓂ℯ𝓃𝓉 𝓌𝒽ℯ𝓃 ℐ 𝓈𝒶𝓌 𝓂𝓎 𝒻ℯ𝓂𝒶𝓁ℯ 𝒸ℴ𝓊𝓈𝒾𝓃 𝓃𝒶𝓀ℯ𝒹 𝓌𝒽ℯ𝓃 ℐ 𝒻𝒾𝓋ℯ ℴ𝓇 𝓈𝒾𝓍 𝓎ℯ𝒶𝓇𝓈 ℴ𝓁𝒹.

𝒮𝒾𝓃𝒸ℯ𝓇ℯ𝓁𝓎,
 𝓂𝓎 𝒻ℯ𝓂𝒶𝓁ℯ 𝒸ℴ𝓊𝓈𝒾𝓃'𝓈 𝒸ℴ𝓊𝓈𝒾𝓃

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓾𝓶𝓪𝓷 𝓫𝓸𝓭𝔂 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓲𝔁 𝓸𝓯 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓾𝓽𝓲𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓶𝔂 𝓭𝓾𝓭𝓮 ~ online2long.gif

SPOILER
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nerubian
  Posted: Sep 23 2017, 07:46 AM

𝔗𝔬𝔬 𝔰𝔪𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔰𝔱, ℑ 𝔡𝔦𝔡𝔫'𝔱 𝔟𝔢𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔞𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔰𝔢𝔡.
Posted: Sep 26 2017, 12:02 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

stupid FKng movies running over the broadcast time of the next shows. they were playing one of the more recent trek films and it overran the time slot by 14 minutes. it cut into the new startrek discovery ep1-2 air time which i conveniently set to PVR but didnt count on the movies messing that up. censored2.gif thumb_down.gif rant.gif rant.gif

its an interesting series that i'll likely follow, not sure how i'll rate it in the end but i'll still see it.
Meteor
Posted: Sep 29 2017, 10:24 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

So a while back, I decided to revisit an old idea of mine - losslessly compressing an image by creating two smaller offshoot images that can be merged back together in GIMP. After experiencing a perfect breakthrough that actually wasn't (I came up with a method that was both perfectly lossless and provided significant compression over PNG... but that only worked on images which didn't have that much high-frequency information to compress anyway) and then doing a bunch more experiments, I've managed another breakthrough that... also isn't perfect, but is very close to it.

(Images spoilered for the sake of loading times and page real-estate)

SPOILER

First, we have this lovely shot of the SpazEvo hotlinked right from the thread dedicated to it. I didn't check how small it was in the format it was uploaded in (jpg), but saved as a png with some of the extra compression options checked, it clocks in at 896.5 kb.
SPOILER

Here we have two offshoot images. The first is simply a pixellization filter applied to the original. The second is a blend between this pixellated image and the original image (two 50% opacity copies of the pixellated image on top of the original image, to be exact). This is to make use of the fact that png excels in compressing huge chunks of color instead of fine detail.

These images are 3.6 kb and 553.1 kb respectively. I went with two 50% opacity copies because only blending one of them onto the original image produced an offshoot that was somewhere in the high 700s.

After this, it was a matter of making GIMP calculate backwards. Starting with these two layers, the pixellated one on top and the blended one under it, I set the top layer's blend mode to grain extract to get an overlay for the difference between the images. Then using the grain merge blend mode, I merged three copies of this overlay onto the blended image. This is the result.
SPOILER

It looks practically perfect. It's also only 587.5 kb in size in this "decoded" state. That of course means that something was lost somewhere. If you compare this image to the original, you'll notice that the contrast is actually a little different in the background, and that's only the most obvious difference. The blended image didn't retain all the information from the original image (which ultimately isn't surprising, given none of those extra fancy high-precision color modes were used in any step of this process), so the final image does end up being slightly different from the original in the end.
This difference was a lot less noticeable for the other blended image (the one that was 700+ kb), but I'm sure I'd have also found a tiny bit of difference there if I'd looked closely. So tiny it'd probably be hard to notice anyway, but enough for it to no longer count as lossless.

So yeah, this was my little scrub-tier foray into advanced image compression; so scrub-tier that I didn't write a single line of code for this and that the method itself is tied to one specific application. I made a few interesting findings in the process though, and hopefully I'll be able to refine this further so that it can be an actual file format one day.
umustwait101
Posted: Sep 29 2017, 10:31 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Meteor @ 7 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
So a while back, I decided to revisit an old idea of mine - losslessly compressing an image by creating two smaller offshoot images that can be merged back together in GIMP.

Very interesting read. It's an interesting concept to merge together two pixelated images to get the resulting image. I'm thinking about doing something like that.
Saint
Posted: Sep 30 2017, 12:52 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

QUOTE (Meteor @ 2 hours, 28 minutes ago)
So a while back, I decided to revisit an old idea of mine - losslessly compressing an image by creating two smaller offshoot images that can be merged back together in GIMP. After experiencing a perfect breakthrough that actually wasn't (I came up with a method that was both perfectly lossless and provided significant compression over PNG... but that only worked on images which didn't have that much high-frequency information to compress anyway) and then doing a bunch more experiments, I've managed another breakthrough that... also isn't perfect, but is very close to it.

(Images spoilered for the sake of loading times and page real-estate)

SPOILER

First, we have this lovely shot of the SpazEvo hotlinked right from the thread dedicated to it. I didn't check how small it was in the format it was uploaded in (jpg), but saved as a png with some of the extra compression options checked, it clocks in at 896.5 kb.
SPOILER

Here we have two offshoot images. The first is simply a pixellization filter applied to the original. The second is a blend between this pixellated image and the original image (two 50% opacity copies of the pixellated image on top of the original image, to be exact). This is to make use of the fact that png excels in compressing huge chunks of color instead of fine detail.

These images are 3.6 kb and 553.1 kb respectively. I went with two 50% opacity copies because only blending one of them onto the original image produced an offshoot that was somewhere in the high 700s.

After this, it was a matter of making GIMP calculate backwards. Starting with these two layers, the pixellated one on top and the blended one under it, I set the top layer's blend mode to grain extract to get an overlay for the difference between the images. Then using the grain merge blend mode, I merged three copies of this overlay onto the blended image. This is the result.
SPOILER

It looks practically perfect. It's also only 587.5 kb in size in this "decoded" state. That of course means that something was lost somewhere. If you compare this image to the original, you'll notice that the contrast is actually a little different in the background, and that's only the most obvious difference. The blended image didn't retain all the information from the original image (which ultimately isn't surprising, given none of those extra fancy high-precision color modes were used in any step of this process), so the final image does end up being slightly different from the original in the end.
This difference was a lot less noticeable for the other blended image (the one that was 700+ kb), but I'm sure I'd have also found a tiny bit of difference there if I'd looked closely. So tiny it'd probably be hard to notice anyway, but enough for it to no longer count as lossless.

So yeah, this was my little scrub-tier foray into advanced image compression; so scrub-tier that I didn't write a single line of code for this and that the method itself is tied to one specific application. I made a few interesting findings in the process though, and hopefully I'll be able to refine this further so that it can be an actual file format one day.

That sounds impressive! Is that your research in university? I know nothing about computer imaging so just guessing.
Meteor
Posted: Sep 30 2017, 08:23 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Nope. Just stuff I did for the hell of it.
umustwait101
Posted: Oct 1 2017, 08:01 AM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Meteor @ Yesterday, 8:23 AM)
Nope. Just stuff I did for the hell of it.

Imagining you winning a Noble prize and this is what you say when you go up to give your speech.
Posted: Oct 2 2017, 09:47 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

can someone please explain to this crazy Cannuck why 2 words scare the shit out of an entire country: Gun Control and USA???

another stupidity and huge tragedy/loss of life in another routine mass shooting. whats with the USA and their favorite phrase "it not the time to discuss gun control". it looks like its never a good time to discuss it at all because it the biggest taboo there could ever be.

is there any hope that USA will get their head in the game and deal with this overabundance of assault weapons and firearms ingeneral? someone has to tell the NRA to go to hell and just deal with the issue like a sane population in a civilized nation.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 2 2017, 09:49 PM
Tessou
  Posted: Oct 2 2017, 10:08 PM

Group Icon

Gun control is not the answer. Crazy assholes will obtain firearms, illegal or otherwise, regardless of the law.

Hilldawg used this as a platform to bitch about the NRA attempting to legalize silencers as if that would solve anything with automatic rifles being used against citizens (because they couldn't hear the gunfire) despite silencers being literally melted by automatic fire.
Posted: Oct 2 2017, 11:16 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 8 minutes ago)
Gun control is not the answer. Crazy assholes will obtain firearms, illegal or otherwise, regardless of the law.

Hilldawg used this as a platform to bitch about the NRA attempting to legalize silencers as if that would solve anything with automatic rifles being used against citizens (because they couldn't hear the gunfire) despite silencers being literally melted by automatic fire.

i do believe there is merit in limiting what weapons people can buy and that its the crazy A-holes that are the biggest problem but why the hell isnt USA trying to do something about all this violence? they had more than enough crazy people go off the rails with firearms and its been a repeating pattern.

i just dont understand USA sometimes. i know owning weapons is in the US constitution but i just cant understand why its a re-occurring pattern in USA. sure having a weapon for hunting or self defense is a valid reason but having anymore than 1 type of gun per category in the house is just mind boggling. why would a household need to have a weapon for each member of the family let alone half of the family members of a normal household? its a cultural thing(??) that i could never hope to understand.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 2 2017, 11:21 PM
Sensation!
Posted: Oct 2 2017, 11:24 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

QUOTE (207 @ 7 minutes, 51 seconds ago)
sure having a weapon for hunting or self defense is a valid reason but having anymore than 1 type of gun per category in the house is just mind boggling. why would a household need to have a weapon for each member of the family let alone half of the family members of a normal household? its a cultural thing(??) that i could never hope to understand.

Shoot a gun. Shoot another gun. You'll understand.
Its the same reason why people collect cars.
Posted: Oct 2 2017, 11:32 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 7 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
Shoot a gun. Shoot another gun. You'll understand.
Its the same reason why people collect cars.

ive shot 2 guns already in the Edmonton shooting range. a .44 colt (50 rounds) and 45 magnum (25 rounds) at half charge. its a powerful thing but i saw no practical use in owning one at all. legal target practice ranges are fine with me but have too many guns or stored improperly is too much of a risk to yourself/friends/family and any one that happens to be nearby. somethings are better to just experience but never own personally.

cars arent made to kill people but its a proven fact that flesh and bones arent any match for the various crashes cars can get into. guns were made for 1 purpose: to kill the opponent/bad guy. knives, blunt objects and other things that can be weaponized all have their risks but they have other better uses to avoid bodily harm.

sorry if im going on a bit of a rant but when i hear that atleast 1 household has 2-3 handguns, 2 shotguns and 1-2 AR-33 stashed in the house, it makes me wonder what the owners are planning to protect themselves from. you dont need that sort of fire power at any point unless you're a prepper or in a zombie apocalyse.

thats just my thoughts and views so i cant understand why people will abuse that or try to justify that sort of firepower.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 2 2017, 11:47 PM

447 Pages  « 402 403 404 405 406 »