Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Overload - Black Out

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  « 6 7 8 9  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 92,901  ·  Replies: 212 
> Card reader error solution :), How to NOT get your card eaten...
Ekinsbs
Posted: Nov 6 2006, 04:52 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,307

ok what about this problem sometimes when i turn on the machine the screen CARD R/W ERROR how the hell do i fix that?
Posted: Nov 6 2006, 05:17 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (Miguel @ Mar 19 2005, 01:47 PM)
The ONLY solution so far for this problem:

Ok, everyone here at one point has had their share of cards eaten by the card reader either at transfer, renewal, or purchase. Well, after my share of experiences at a number of arcades, this solution has always saved my ass, so I thought I'd share it with you guys. This has only been tested and successfuly approved with transfering, renewing and purchasing of cards, I'll use Inspection for the example since this is the time it most often comes up.

Ok so you sit down to what you think is your normal play of initial D, and you put your card in, well little do you know it's inspection time! So you go about what you normally do here and put your coins in for your new card, the machine then spits out your invalid and you wait...........and wait.............and wait...............*looks at watch*.......then you start thinking oh shit, what if it eats it since it's taking too long? Now comes the worse part, you see the " Card reader error, please call attendant and reset the machine" screen and you freak out! This is the part where people give up, well, instead of giving up hope and shutting off the machine and killing your card that you put soooo much money into..(this is going to be long so get ready).....Talk to the arcade attendant, ask for the person with the keys to the machine if it's not that particular arcade attendant, and ask them to please open the card reader/writer. Now here are the steps:

1. Get them to open the card reader/writer for you

2. Now you must lift up the gold plate that sits above the card that's being written on. There is a little latch to lift this plate right in front of it nearest to you, it's a staight metallic bar with a piece of plastic over it, about half the size of your pinky.

3. Now, once you have the gold plate up, you should be able to see the new card that's supposed to be written on, take that card out of the card reader doesn't have to be cautious because this card hasn't been written on and won't be written on at all.

4. Once the card is out, shut the gold plate back the way it was BUT make sure it clicks to make sure it's completely shut.

5. Close the card reader back up and press the start/view change buttons.

You should now see the "Please remove your card, this card can no longer be used" screen but it won't give you another invalid. Wait from 5 to 10 seconds and you're good to go.

The reason for this is still a mystery to me, but I'm guessing that when the new card is inserted, the sensor for the card reader/writer that detects when the card's been inserted doesn't read it, therefore can't write on it. Please, if you ever have this problem take my advice and use this information, it's the only chance you have of saving your card, DONT TURN OFF THE MACHINE. I've used this over and over to save other peoples, and my own cards, and it's been done at numerous arcades, so I know that it's not JUST the machines in my area, these are arcades all over so cal and some in santa maria. But please, use this information to your advantage, I mean, with this error already in progress, what else do you have to lose? blink.gif  Thanks for your time and I hope this works for you the way it does for me, because without it, I would have quit a loooooooonnnnnngggg time ago.

-Kengai_rcrZero

ekin: read 1st post or just look above

if no cards are in the machine than its no problem, but if there are cards in there.... try start and view change at same time, might work sometimes

btw how does step 3 ensure data isnt lost?

This post has been edited by 207 on Nov 6 2006, 05:24 PM
Ekinsbs
Posted: Nov 8 2006, 06:48 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 20,307

ok so just tell them to open the card read/writer?
Posted: Nov 8 2006, 07:28 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

sorta, never knew this when it happened or didnt know mamngers enff to request even if i knew wat to do. havent bothered to actually do it

This post has been edited by 207 on Nov 8 2006, 07:29 PM
nigga_drifter
Posted: Nov 24 2006, 01:27 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 22,012

QUOTE (Whoosh @ Mar 19 2005, 10:51 PM)
ok ill explain exactly what happened. first i put in 50 cents for the game
then i put another 50 cents for a new card then i wait. it doesnt say card purchased but the screen stayed the same and after like a min it says card jam. so there is cards in there but something is not letting it come out. it happened last night too. is there a way to fix it without the key. jason tried hitting it last night and it work but i tired hitting it today and it didnt. is there a certain spot?

50 cents!!!!! HOLLY SHIT ITS COSTS 1 DOLLAR AT THE PLACE I PLAY!! ans another 2 dollars for a card. its all good tho
me and my fello gooks spend about 100 alltogether a night on id lol
-Jt-
Posted: Nov 29 2006, 01:57 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,179

QUOTE (nigga_drifter @ Nov 24 2006, 01:27 AM)
50 cents!!!!! HOLLY SHIT ITS COSTS 1 DOLLAR AT THE PLACE I PLAY!! ans another 2 dollars for a card. its all good tho
me and my fello gooks spend about 100 alltogether a night on id lol

$1 dollar HOLY S**** I HAVE TO PAY 2$ TO PLAY AND ANOTHER 2 TO BUY A CARD!
Shirogane
Posted: Dec 3 2006, 09:10 AM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

im just too damn afraid of buying one, it will tear that one to shreds, and i dont trust those guys at the concession stands for the theater they have the brains to fix it.

Loss: 8 quarters and a useless card if it gets shred
Saint22
Posted: Dec 3 2006, 10:11 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,276

Is the screen black and it just says Card R/W Error?? That happened at my arcade before. I just got there and it was like that. The guy workin at the time was a dick and just said he didn't know how to fix it.
Error
Posted: Jan 2 2007, 02:07 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 22,669

My friend told me how to do this, guess he got it off here.
Saved my Cappucino's life.
I love you. biggrin.gif
zippo729
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 06:45 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 22,645

yeh, i just lost my gdb to inspection today. i lost a 700k bnr34 the same way, unfortunately, if i had pressed the start/viewchange buttons after i had taken the blank card out, i'd have been fine. c'est la vie. i guess i know now. but i tell ya what, it really blows.
Error
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 05:42 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 22,669

The place I play lost the keys now.
Anybody know where I can buy a lock pick kit now?
Manix
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 11:44 PM

Speed Demon / Eurobeat DJ

Member No.: 21,007

Wish I knew of this just two months ago...poor white WRX GDB crying2.gif .
But I've got the Type R now. fear2.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 03:59 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Miguel @ Mar 19 2005, 02:47 PM)
The ONLY solution so far for this problem:

Ok, everyone here at one point has had their share of cards eaten by the card reader either at transfer, renewal, or purchase. Well, after my share of experiences at a number of arcades, this solution has always saved my ass, so I thought I'd share it with you guys. This has only been tested and successfuly approved with transfering, renewing and purchasing of cards, I'll use Inspection for the example since this is the time it most often comes up.

Ok so you sit down to what you think is your normal play of initial D, and you put your card in, well little do you know it's inspection time! So you go about what you normally do here and put your coins in for your new card, the machine then spits out your invalid and you wait...........and wait.............and wait...............*looks at watch*.......then you start thinking oh shit, what if it eats it since it's taking too long? Now comes the worse part, you see the " Card reader error, please call attendant and reset the machine" screen and you freak out! This is the part where people give up, well, instead of giving up hope and shutting off the machine and killing your card that you put soooo much money into..(this is going to be long so get ready).....Talk to the arcade attendant, ask for the person with the keys to the machine if it's not that particular arcade attendant, and ask them to please open the card reader/writer. Now here are the steps:

1. Get them to open the card reader/writer for you

2. Now you must lift up the gold plate that sits above the card that's being written on. There is a little latch to lift this plate right in front of it nearest to you, it's a staight metallic bar with a piece of plastic over it, about half the size of your pinky.

3. Now, once you have the gold plate up, you should be able to see the new card that's supposed to be written on, take that card out of the card reader doesn't have to be cautious because this card hasn't been written on and won't be written on at all.

4. Once the card is out, shut the gold plate back the way it was BUT make sure it clicks to make sure it's completely shut.

5. Close the card reader back up and press the start/view change buttons.

You should now see the "Please remove your card, this card can no longer be used" screen but it won't give you another invalid. Wait from 5 to 10 seconds and you're good to go.

The reason for this is still a mystery to me, but I'm guessing that when the new card is inserted, the sensor for the card reader/writer that detects when the card's been inserted doesn't read it, therefore can't write on it. Please, if you ever have this problem take my advice and use this information, it's the only chance you have of saving your card, DONT TURN OFF THE MACHINE. I've used this over and over to save other peoples, and my own cards, and it's been done at numerous arcades, so I know that it's not JUST the machines in my area, these are arcades all over so cal and some in santa maria. But please, use this information to your advantage, I mean, with this error already in progress, what else do you have to lose? blink.gif Thanks for your time and I hope this works for you the way it does for me, because without it, I would have quit a loooooooonnnnnngggg time ago.

-Kengai_rcrZero

ah so i see wat happened wrong with my evo7
she removed the card from it then shut off machine when she was supposed to press start and view change
ChaosAngel
Posted: May 20 2007, 10:18 PM

IDW Spartan #6

Member No.: 22,883

this has been happenin for me for a while now, n i think its my card but luckily i get inspection in 2 more plays n hopefully it wont happen again. n this mostly happens when i go to challenge someone

someone has accept challenge on, i go on n challenge him, put in my money, put in my card, waits...........waits........waits......(note: the last time i used the card it takes like 3mins for the card to eject after you finished playing with it), still waiting.........then a error pops up saying something like unable to read card or whatever, press start n view to eject it, put it in again, same thing happens long wait, do it a couple more times n it doesnt work BUT sometimes it does, i also try bending the card to see whether that works, n it forces me to use a different card

so far i have only seen this happen to me and it has not happend to my other cards

anyone know any reason y?? maybe i bent my card too much?? but i dont remember bending my card at all..........
Rest_24
  Posted: Jun 25 2007, 10:27 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 17,851

Is it ok for me to scratch all the infos on my card? i mean, my name. my completed course, etc..?
Sil80Drifter
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 10:44 AM

#1 Street Fighter Fan

Member No.: 19,411

QUOTE (Error @ Jan 10 2007, 05:42 AM)
The place I play lost the keys now.
Anybody know where I can buy a lock pick kit now?

if thats a serious question.. heres my serious answer:
you cant buy lockpicks. you need a license.. LOL

i have lockpicks however
rosh
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 06:52 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 13,292

QUOTE (Rest_24 @ Jun 25 2007, 10:27 PM)
Is it ok for me to scratch all the infos on my card? i mean, my name. my completed course, etc..?

happ controls sells the key. The key code is 631
Rest_24
  Posted: Jul 2 2007, 04:12 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 17,851

QUOTE (rosh @ Jun 28 2007, 06:52 PM)
happ controls sells the key. The key code is 631

what do u mean?what do u mean? i cannot understand....did happ mean happogara?
xeoreg
Posted: Jul 2 2007, 04:51 PM

Mmmm....Koda Kumi =)

Member No.: 15,581

QUOTE (Rest_24 @ Today at 4:12 PM)
rosh
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 09:43 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 13,292

QUOTE (Rest_24 @ Jul 2 2007, 04:12 PM)

my fault. I quoted the wrong person. But for whoever needed the key,^^^^there it is.
Kobe101
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 12:46 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,417

Thanks for the site, but theres like a security guard at the place I play at. I dont wanna risk it.

And a card got jammed at the place I play at recently.The attendent wasnt there. Some guys thought they could fix it, so they turned of the machines. Poor card.
Kazuki
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 12:24 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 25,623

So, what do you do about a reader that isn't even recognized by the machine? the one at metrocenter in AZ on the left side was doing that last time I tried using it. also the sound was murdered. those poor machines....
MîGüÊl
Posted: Aug 22 2007, 06:20 PM

I <3 The AE86

Member No.: 24,425

ohmy.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif im not the only Miguel in IDW!! wooo!!!....awesome shifty2.gif
Jezza
Posted: Aug 23 2007, 02:42 AM

IDW Jap-a-neeze Member

Member No.: 20,278

QUOTE (MîGüÊl @ Today at 12:20 PM)
ohmy.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif im not the only Miguel in IDW!! wooo!!!....awesome shifty2.gif

yeah, and the other miguel is a lot more famous than you are!
EVOIIIbossoffKING
Posted: Oct 30 2007, 09:12 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 27,236

i try before my evo7 card give the machine eat le then i cannot sleep the hole day the car lv 3+ leh
MSN=cslim8888@hotmail.com

9 Pages  « 6 7 8 9