Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Time Trial Maxi4

Important Rules
Please READ this topic before starting a topic in this section. And remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

This section is on a basis of member-helping-member, no one is obligated to answer your questions.
People are taking their own time to answer your question(s), be thankful and appreciate helps from the others.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,290  ·  Replies: 14 
> wanna ask about iro, noob question
juanc
  Posted: Oct 26 2008, 07:39 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,952

well i wanna ask 'bout iro,both uphill and downhill.

i just want to know how to wall rape. well,i try many times to wall rape but the result is not that good,i always hit the outer wall and sometime i got stuck at the apex.

so,is there anythin else that i should know ? like,braking before u turn,or somthing like that ?

i want to improve my irohazaka time. sad.gif
DigiBunny
Posted: Oct 26 2008, 05:07 PM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

Im not sure if Im on the right track, but usually I get an exit speed of 87+ by braking before entering and sticking near the wall. then when my headlights start to pass around the apex i give the wheel a full turn and tap the brakes a little.

Once I see the straight I gun it -o-. A little bit of countersteering here and there to steady the car.

Then again I DO slam into the wall....like every time.

I do use this other method though, sometimes I turn the wheel to the opposite side to gain leverage, THEN I push it all the way to the turn. Not sure if it helps, but I havent noticed any big difference.

Id like to add how to wall jump in Iro as a question in the thread. Having an opponent pull that on me is becoming an irking thing when i cant follow.
juanc
  Posted: Oct 27 2008, 01:38 AM

Shmuck

Ah i see,well i can get an exit speed around 80+ sumthing,and sometime 79 or something like that.

my time is only 2.55' in iro so it still very slow. i want to know how to wall rape properly like the one in the video.

well my method is i took the inside corner,and then i brake,downshift,full turn and then countersteer.
DigiBunny
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 06:11 AM

Reading is magic!

Uh...maybe it depends on the car , but when you downshift WHILE turning, you start to slide more. Not good if you're trying to NOT slam into the guardrail. Do it before and after.

Your method seems sound enough. What you could do is experiment with different styles (i.e. inside and outside corner entrances ONLY per track) and find which one is actually the faster style.

I tried tapping the gas intermittently while on the turn. If my assumption on the game's mechanics are correct, tapping while on the turn but not long enough to be considered a press will keep your speed up.

At least, it did on AKAGI for a little bit.
icedagger
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 06:32 AM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Today at 10:11 PM)
I tried tapping the gas intermittently while on the turn. If my assumption on the game's mechanics are correct, tapping while on the turn but not long enough to be considered a press will keep your speed up.

At least, it did on AKAGI for a little bit.

That's not a good idea. Whenever you release the accelerator, the car loses a bit of traction and starts sliding, causing you to lose speed especially while turning.

Before you enter the turn, brake just enough so that the game doesn't penalize your acceleration. Then step on the gas immediately after you finish braking.

You never need to take your foot off the accelerator for more than an instant, unless you're braking hard.

As for wall-raping on Iro, just imagine that you're taking the turn normally, but turn in 1 car length earlier so that your car hits the apex wall and slides around it. Just give the brakes a tap, then full gas and turn in.
juanc
  Posted: Oct 27 2008, 03:21 PM

Shmuck

i see,well about the downshift,so must i downshift berfore or after the turn ?
icedagger
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 04:38 PM

Slowpoke...

If you drop out of your current gear's power band, downshift as soon as you've floored the gas pedal again.

juanc
  Posted: Oct 28 2008, 03:13 AM

Shmuck

ah i see. thx for the tip. but i often stuck at the apex and then go in reverse,LOL
icedagger
Posted: Oct 28 2008, 06:09 AM

Slowpoke...

Another tip: Make sure you're already stepping on the gas when you hit the wall. If you aren't you'll lose more speed and will increase the likelyhood of getting stuck. thumbsup.gif
DigiBunny
Posted: Oct 29 2008, 03:23 AM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (icedagger @ Oct 27 2008, 06:32 AM)
That's not a good idea. Whenever you release the accelerator, the car loses a bit of traction and starts sliding, causing you to lose speed especially while turning.

Hmm...That explains why releasing the gas and stepping on it again doesnt help when I wanna go faster on a straight after hitting the wall.

So wait, how do you jump the wall then?
juanc
  Posted: Oct 29 2008, 07:01 AM

Shmuck

So i brake before i hit the wall or i brake when i turn my steering wheel ?

oh yeah,what about the jumping part ? i always get an exit speed of 65+ km. always lose to much speed
pukpukracer
Posted: Feb 9 2009, 06:49 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 31,801

i'd like to know, too. Is 80-90 in 3rd gear normal for the hairpin mazes of Irozahaka?
DigiBunny
Posted: Feb 10 2009, 01:19 AM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (pukpukracer @ Yesterday at 6:49 AM)
i'd like to know, too. Is 80-90 in 3rd gear normal for the hairpin mazes of Irozahaka?

That...would depend on how many gears your car has. Im assuming it's a 5 gear, so normally you can clear a pin at around 87+ via wallrape. Im not sure exactly HOW to wallrape however, so...yeah.

To answer my own question earlier, Countersteer like mad. Apparently thats all you need to know about flying off the jumps at around 92Kph.
pukpukracer
Posted: Feb 11 2009, 06:08 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 31,801

it's a 5 Gear Rx-7 (Kei) so I guess I'm doing OK? When racing another guy he leads me until the hairpins, when we both do this bizzare 90kph dance bumper to bumper and then run like mad through the tunnel and bridge.

so the car actually jumps off the road?
DigiBunny
Posted: Feb 12 2009, 01:10 AM

Reading is magic!

Yes, the tires do leave the road in Iro. Multiple times. To do this, you need to again, wallrape.

You may experience some accelerarion lag when you start jumping the first time. That's normal. Eventually your reflexes make up for it and you can start clearing jumps at 92kph.