Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Extasy In My Dream

5 Pages  « 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 12,503  ·  Replies: 116 
> [Fanfic] Midship Monster!, Prequel #2 to Final Battle!
thx712517
  Posted: Oct 28 2007, 10:12 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,877

Bridgestone Potenza RE-01Rs, they look awfully familiar to the photo I'm posting below. Man, homework sucks....

The five sequential hairpins were rapidly approaching, the AW11 still just barely in the lead. Entering the first turn, Hayato dropped his inside tires into the gutter, gripping tightly and accelerating at full speed. Bunta followed, wincing as the AE86's suspension made a rubbery crunching sound under the stress. The second hairpin, the third, and the fourth passed rapidly, the hachi-roku's bandaged suspension just barely holding together. At the fifth hairpin, Bunta made his move. Using the exit-oriented gutter technique as opposed to the entry-oriented he had been using, he shot past the AW11 and floored it, the supercharger spinning up instantly, increasing its power. The hachi-roku shot down the straight, putting meters between the two.

“Takumi,” Itsuki said, “are you going to switch cars?” Takumi frowned and looked at the AP1 with admiring eyes before looking back at his friend.
“I don't know,” he said. “I don't think I would be the same if I didn't drive the hachi-roku, but that S2000 felt incredible.”
“I don't know how I would feel if you drove a different car,” Itsuki replied bashfully. “It would be too easy for you to defeat your opponents.”
“Hey, Itsuki, don't say such a thing. I lost against Hayato in the 86, but I lost against him in the AP1 as well. I still need improvement, and I'm not sure such a powerful car would let me do that,” Takumi said, shaking his head.
“Fujiwara,” Ryosuke said, “don't be afraid of power.”

The two Toyotas rocketed down the straight, one more corner and a short straightaway between them and the goal. Hayato, side by side with the Trueno, floored his car, the engine spinning up to 12,000 RPMs. Fujiwara's supercharged AE86 could only hit 7700 RPMs, but at that speed it was putting out the same power and almost twice the torque, which was why it was slowly forging ahead. At the end of the straight, both cars hit the brakes at the same time, Hayato initiating a short drift to take the inside line and point his car down the final straight, while Bunta drifted the 86, weight-transferring and using the engine's torque to lift the inside front corner of the car enough to clear the side of the road, allowing him to cut the corner inside the sharp-turning AW11.
“What? That's impossible!” Hayato shouted, revving the 4A-GE past its redline, desperately searching for enough power to push him forward faster.

The two cars left the corner dead even, with the final straight the deciding factor. Without any form of compassion Bunta floored the supercharged motor and forged ahead, using his greater power to cross the line first.
“Fractions of a second,” came the radio's announcement. “Fujiwara Bunta won by zero point seven four seconds!”

With everyone at the base of Mt. Akina, Bunta approached a visibly shaken Hayato and held out his hand. With tears about to spill from his eyes, Hayato handed over the keys to his cherished AW11. Bunta held them in his tightly closed fist.
“I would have won by more if I had the time to finish repairing the suspension,” Bunta said.
“What are you going to do to my car?” Hayato asked, afraid to know the answer. As Ryosuke and Takumi arrived, they quickly walked over to watch.

"I taught you how to tune a suspension perfectly, and how to set up a car for any condition. I will teach you one more thing," Bunta said as he handed back the keys.
"What?" Hayato asked, confusion mingling with the happiness of regaining his car.
"How to be a human being," Bunta replied, shutting the door on the 86 and driving off. Takumi watched his father disappear and turned back to look at Ryosuke.
“What just happened?” he asked.
“Your father, Fujiwara, has won this match twice over,” Ryosuke replied simply.

“So how did it perform?” Joushima asked, running his hand along the scraped frame of his car.
“It did well, but I could have done better. I didn't realize it was too low to hook the gutters. I found out quick enough though,” Takumi admitted with a blush.
“Hmm, that you did. Well,” he said, standing up and dusting off his clothes, “nothing's broken, just scratched up a bit. No worse than what I've done to it at times,” he added with a smile. “But you still haven't answered my question, Fujiwara. How did it perform?” Takumi thought for a second, putting the words into their proper order.
“It felt like my hachi-roku, except better. The chassis is stiffer, the suspension is more capable and precise, and the engine feels incredible,” Takumi said. “I like how quick the steering is. The rack in my hachi-roku is so slow, you have to turn and turn and turn the wheel. Yours, you just shift your hands slightly and it moves. I really like it,” he admitted.

“I thought you would. I used to race a hachi myself, when they first came out. I was a younger man then. I tried an FD, a JZA80, and I even flirted with an NA1 before I settled on this car. When the time comes for you to get a new car, Takumi, try many before deciding. You'll find one that's perfect for you, and that lucky car will reward you with incredible performance.”
“I know that some day soon I'll need to get a stronger car,” Takumi said, “but I really hope that my hachi-roku will be fully repaired, with the old engine in place. I don't think I'm done learning from it yet. I lost against Hayato in the 86, and I lost in the S2000 as well. I need to get better before I can justify a better car.”

“Well,” Masashi said with a groan, “you got your wish. Hayato had that engine in a million pieces. I'm surprised there wasn't anything missing.” Bunta looked at the rebuilt engine sitting once more in the 86's engine bay and sighed happily, ignoring the ache in his back and his bruised and bloody knuckles.
“It was worth the effort. This car was designed for this engine,” Bunta said. “All that weight up front killed the handling, and the busted cradle didn't make things any easier.”
“You say that, and yet you still won,” Masashi replied, helping himself to a bottle of water.
“I would have won by a bigger amount if you'd fixed the front end properly the first time,” Bunta said with a grin.
“So what's your plan now that the car is back to its usual perfect condition?” Masashi asked.
“I was going to give it back to Takumi, but after racing it, I'm not so sure,” Bunta said.

This ends the prequels leading up to Final Battle! Obviously some things are different in these two prequels. Ryosuke has already met Bunta, as one example. Nakazato and Sayuki are not co-driving the R34, but oddly enough they're showing signs of being a couple before the idea ever struck me in these two prequels. I hope that these slight inaccuracies won't lessen your enjoyment of these two prequels. I'm going to take a short break, a week tops, from writing fanfics in order to recharge my Initial D batteries and get a lot of homework and special assignments taken care of for college. However, I won't be cruel to you. I'll include a paragraph of the next fanfic. Just remember that this takes place after Final Battle!, with the FC trashed and Ryosuke about to be discharged from the hospital.

“Hey, are you Takahashi Keisuke?” the man asked. Kenta turned around and shook his head, pointing to the tall blond-headed racer leaning on a brilliant yellow FD.
“Takahashi Keisuke?” he tried again.
“Yes?”
“Are you the brother of Takahashi Ryosuke?”
“Yes, he's my older brother. Who are you?” Keisuke asked suspiciously.

“My name is Daichi Yoshiro. Your brother and I had history together a long time ago. I had to leave this country on family business a number of years ago, but I'm back now, and I want my chance at revenge.”
“Revenge?” Keisuke asked, completely confused. Ryosuke had never mentioned anyone named Yoshiro, but then again, it might have happened when he was running with his gang and completely cut off from the rest of his family.

“Tell him my name and he will know who I am. It is not important for you to be mixed up in this. Do not protect him, Keisuke. Tell him that the Grim Reaper is coming for him.”

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
DK_2
Posted: Oct 28 2007, 10:34 AM

I wear purple pants. +1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 25,400

Darn you for taking a break! =O It doesn't matter cause i'm going to be internetless for a week. laugh.gif BTW. What's an NA1??
thx712517
  Posted: Oct 28 2007, 10:38 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Posted: Oct 28 2007, 11:11 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

nice, a new fanfic. hav a title for it yet?
thx712517
  Posted: Oct 28 2007, 11:16 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

I think I'll be going with "White Comet Downfall", but I'm not sure.
Posted: Oct 28 2007, 11:33 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

sounds good so far. hav fun with the homework, it sure can pile up fast if left alone ohmy.gif
s13_slider
Posted: Oct 28 2007, 08:23 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 23,009

I have to say I REALLY loved reading your writing, man! Keep up the good work and I'll be looking forward to your future work.
Meteor
Posted: Oct 29 2007, 01:19 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Cliffhanger-ending trilogy in progress.

And so ends another great fic.

Hmm. White Comet Downfall. The name's not bad, I think it'll do.

This Daichi's quite an enigma.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Oct 29 2007, 01:22 AM
RickyDGreat
Posted: Oct 29 2007, 12:38 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,705

I enjoyed that, look forward to more of the upcoming stories fear2.gif
Möbius
Posted: Oct 29 2007, 05:26 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

Looking forward to the next one. Keep up the good work! smile.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Oct 30 2007, 02:58 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 4,713

Great job! I'm impatiently waiting for your next one.
red comet 7
Posted: Oct 30 2007, 03:31 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 24,875

no! the COMET CANT HAVE A DOWNFALL. mad.gif

how can someone beat ryousuke?
if they beat ryousuke wouldnt that mean that theoretically someone is out there that could beat bunta?
i dont know about all that...

there better be A REALLY GOOD EXPLINATION of it.

like he falls in love with a girl and quits or something...

either that or takumi or keisuke eventually surpasses him... but that'd be dumb right after FINAL BATTLE...

he cant lose.
DK_2
Posted: Oct 30 2007, 03:43 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

Umm Ryosuke lost already by Takumi... Like in the second stage.
Posted: Oct 30 2007, 04:09 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

i just hope ryosuke doesnt drive an rx8 for that battle. an fd would be cool.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 30 2007, 04:09 PM
red comet 7
Posted: Oct 30 2007, 05:05 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 24,875

but he beat him in the one that counted didnt he?
crash
Posted: Oct 30 2007, 08:40 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 2,683

What was up with the piston ring that got Ryosuke all excited? Also, are you going to write in Takumi's mother in your fanfic. I read all of your fics twice. Great writing! Its better than reading the mangas in my opinion.
Panda_86
Posted: Nov 2 2007, 10:34 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 27,036

Bunta, saves his son!
Bunta won thrice ye see..
(1) He gets the motor back
(2) He teaches Hayato a good moral lesson
(3) Hayato wont get a team sponsorship because the motor, once again taken away from him!!!

With Takumi having lost the AE86 from his first fight with Hayato and his AW11...
and also losing pon using the S2000 (though that was his first time racing with it...)
I suggest Takumi can try driving new cars... what about...

A Nissan Silvia?
An AE86 with an F20C motor... more torque compared to his AE86... well that is if Bunta would agree to get the motor taken out again...

Nah!!!

Good Work here thx, looking forward to Ryosuke's newest challenger... happy.gif

5 Pages  « 3 4 5