Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Mega NRG Man - Back On The Rocks

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 7,992  ·  Replies: 84 
> Ye generic E3 Topic, What again?
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 9 2014, 12:35 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,607

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ 13 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
I'm hoping Phantom Pain will happen during Sony tomorrow. Has anything actually been confirmed on that, though?

Actually the press conference is at 6 today, unless something changed. Hoping for a Phantom Pain trailer aswell. LOL at the Last Guardian apology.
Shirogane
Posted: Jun 9 2014, 12:44 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

Sweet merciful Jesus, it would suck if your computer crashed midway through downloading the beta.... Aka, me.

Enjoying the ensuing error messages. facepalm.gif
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 9 2014, 12:50 PM

IDW Goldmember

I spoke too soon. I was expecting this at the Sony conference at the earliest. Grim is an accurate term.
New MGSV trailer.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zbSoVWcfmw )

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Jun 9 2014, 02:25 PM
Tessou
Posted: Jun 9 2014, 01:56 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

You shouldn't compare Hardline to GTA V. Compare it to Payday 2. wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Shirogane
Posted: Jun 9 2014, 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 15 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
You shouldn't compare Hardline to GTA V. Compare it to Payday 2. wink2.gif

See, I can compare it to GTA on the basis that Rockstar wouldn't deliver the heist feature for GTA:O. But that's just me. whistling.gif

I have yet to play Payday 2.
APX
Posted: Jun 9 2014, 02:18 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (Shirogane @ 6 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
See, I can compare it to GTA on the basis that Rockstar wouldn't deliver the heist feature for GTA:O. But that's just me. whistling.gif

I have yet to play Payday 2.

GTA:O ; Open world, able to travel the entire map, get in tanks, helicopters, etc.

BF:H ; Set objectives, no real open area to do as you please.

Can't compare it. whistling.gif
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 9 2014, 02:18 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

Seems like there's some trailers floating around Youtube already.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubx7696t82I )

As for the EA conference... The only thing I was looking forward to was Battlefront, but that ended up being disappointing. Hopefully they'll show some real game play next year.
Shirogane
Posted: Jun 9 2014, 04:01 PM

QUOTE (APX @ 1 hour, 42 minutes ago)
GTA:O ; Open world, able to travel the entire map, get in tanks, helicopters, etc.

BF:H ; Set objectives, no real open area to do as you please.

Can't compare it.  whistling.gif

Apart from the promised Heists? derp.gif I wouldn't mind the open area factor, but holy hell, Rockstar.

This post has been edited by Shirogane on Jun 9 2014, 04:04 PM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 9 2014, 07:05 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Sony's conference wasn't that great. The only games that really interested me were Little Big Planet 3, No Man's Sky and Abzu.

1886 looks interesting, but I'm sick of looking at these gritty and gory games. Never been a fan of the Arkham series, I usually just watch the cut scenes on Youtube since the gameplay always bore me. Same goes for Mortal Kombat. Never cared for that series either. Too clunky for my liking. Uncharted 4 was a surprise despite all of the people leaving Naughty Dog lately.

The main thing I was disappointing in was the lack of Kingdom Hearts 2.5. There was supposed to be some huge reveal for that game. Maybe Square will have their own keynote some other day this week.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 9 2014, 07:07 PM

Group Icon

The heists in GTA V (at least the single player ones that we've actually be able to play) are nothing like what is presented here. In Hardline, you walk in, you grab a bag, and you get away from the cops. That's exactly like Payday 2, albeit nowhere near as in-depth, and not at all like GTA V's heists.

Also, that Far Cry 4 preview. I'm fucking HYPED to play that shit.
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 9 2014, 07:48 PM

IDW Goldmember

No Man's Sky stole the Sony conference for me. I'm sold on that. cool.gif

I'm rather surprised FFXV and KH3 made no appearance this year.
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 9 2014, 08:28 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Tessou @ Jun 4 2014, 10:05 PM)
It's reportedly in active development, although rumor has it that they're dropping the "Patriots" part of the title to get away from the stigma of the development hell it's been through. They might do some sort of presentation for it ahead of E3, but it's not listed anywhere on the schedule, nor is any "unannounced title" under Ubisoft, so who knows.

Well it turns out you were right... I am still glad they're developing at least something Rainbow Six.
APX
Posted: Jun 9 2014, 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 20 minutes ago)
The heists in GTA V (at least the single player ones that we've actually be able to play) are nothing like what is presented here. In Hardline, you walk in, you grab a bag, and you get away from the cops. That's exactly like Payday 2, albeit nowhere near as in-depth, and not at all like GTA V's heists.

Yup, Payday 1/2 is a true heist game, drills, etc etc. it's a shame it's not super popular. dry.gif

Missed the Sony conference, but from the chatter on here, only three or so games were good?
Lupin_III
Posted: Jun 9 2014, 10:24 PM

The Noble Keyboard Warrior

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,907

YOUTUBE ( http://youtu.be/1t_Co0gfj18 )
Tessou
Posted: Jun 10 2014, 05:29 AM

Group Icon

Well, it wasn't PS4 exclusive, but R* announced GTA V for the next gen consoles and PC during the Sony conference. It was inevitable. The trailer looks gorgeous. It looks "at home" here, with more peds and activity. Water reflections are great. Since we only got one minute of footage, I hope R* gives us more information regarding just what is upgraded with the next gen release.

EDIT: R* sent a mass email out that details a few things: Grand Theft Auto V will take full advantage of the power of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail. Increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions all work together to bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North’s epic reimagining of Southern California.

Switch between the interconnected lives of Michael, Trevor and Franklin as they embark on a series of heists across Los Santos and Blaine County in the biggest, deepest and richest open world experience yet, with game world enhancements that include new wildlife, upgraded weather and damage effects, and an array of new details to discover.

Sony bungled the much-awaited Destiny footage. They kept cutting away from the video to give us shots of the audience watching the video we want to be seeing. MURDER THAT CAMERAMAN.

There wasn't much else to speak of at the Sony conference that we didn't already know about, sadly. They mentioned "150 games in development for the Vita" and then promptly forgot about the Vita for the rest of their keynote. Thanks, guys. Really standing behind your handheld, there. Quantic Dream was also nowhere to be found. What the hell? On the plus side, No Man's Sky was the standout hit.

On the whole, I think Sony dropped the ball here. Their conference was very disjointed and didn't "flow" very well. If you want the best evidence of this odd setup, look at where they put the Mortal Kombat X trailer: right in the middle of a very business-y segment. I think Sony lost their touch after last year's slam dunk. Maybe because they're happy resting on their sales advantage over the Xbox One, or maybe because they simply think that having another exclusive Destiny video was going to win the audience over.

Yesterday, the clear frontrunner was Microsoft. They put together a well thought out, smooth conference that gave gamers what they were asking for: lots and lots of games. While not all of them were particularly exciting or polished (Fable Legends looks like shit), they never, EVER stopped to talk about new Xbox Live features or Kinect. Even with the Dance Central game, the speaker was careful not to actually mention the Kinect. Phil Spencer was on stage quite a lot, and he made sure to note almost every time that he and the Xbox team are listening to customer feedback now more than ever, to the point of setting up a new website specifically to deal with customer feedback, to make the Xbox "for you". The new Kinect-less SKU is evidence that they are actively listening. In a post-conference interview, Phil said that Microsoft made mistakes with the marketing direction of the Xbox One, and that under his new leadership the console would be moving under a "games first" ideology.

Somewhere out there, Marc Whitten is thinking about killing himself.

This post has been edited by Tessou on Jun 10 2014, 05:45 AM
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 10 2014, 06:49 AM

IDW Goldmember

I'm still not sold on picking up a next-gen console anytime soon still. I'm glad that there are some decent titles finally confirmed and on the way. Just started a PC build and that along with my PS3 should suffice for now.

Down the road, the PS4 is still going to be my target console, especially if The Last Guardian finally comes to pass and I'm quite interested in a 3DS. Outside of Halo, Microsoft just doesn't particularly interest me and Nintendo has fallen off my radar as far as consoles but that's been the case since the Wii.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 10 2014, 09:01 AM

Group Icon

Nintendo had a very short digital presentation this year, clocking just over 40 minutes.

New Kirby game that seems like a successor to Canvas Curse. Neat, but didn't look like it was breaking new ground.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Snoozefest.

Hyrule Warriors was expected, and looks like every other Musou game. Lots of generic square arenas, lots of identical enemies just standing around waiting to get killed. The bosses, a new take on enemy generals, seem pretty interesting, though.

Amiibos, their answer to Skylanders/Disney Infinity figures, are given special abilities to entice players to buy them on top of the games they're made for. They interact with the game pad, so there's no special accessory to buy, which is a plus, but when it's set up so that you gain an actual advantage over other players by buying these figures, it raises a red flag.

The new Zelda game, which was given a tiny amount of screen time, looks decent but at the same time doesn't look like it's pushing the console's capabilities one bit. Open world Zelda is a great concept, but make it the example of the console's power, not another lazily textured simplicity-fest.

SSB reveals Palutena and Dark Pit as new characters. Ho hum.
Seri
Posted: Jun 10 2014, 09:14 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Well, guess there's no need for a Wii U yet.

Oh, and as a Vita owner, I'm disappointed in Sony for not showing us anything decent.

This post has been edited by Miura Seri on Jun 10 2014, 09:15 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 10 2014, 12:27 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

The only thing that surprised me during the Nintendo conference was Fantasy Life being announced for a North American release. I've been waiting for that game for a while now.

It was nice to see some Pokemon OR/AS gameplay. But you kinda know what to expect with those games. Pokemon X/Y visuals with the R/S region and story.

Mario Maker seems pretty neat, but besides that, I didn't care for too much of the stuff shown. Even the SSB reveals. Although, at least they added Palutena, since they're lacking in the female fighter department.
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 10 2014, 01:53 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Anyone else catch the news that Square Enix is releasing that FF Agito PSP game as an enhanced HD game for the PS4 and X-Box One? Weird decision that it took them 3 years to decide on bringing it to the West in any form...
APX
Posted: Jun 10 2014, 02:56 PM

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DBrG2YjqQA )

GAH, my dick is raging hard! If it's true about the new 'traffic' in the game, heists, specially the first one might be a bit of a problem, but goddamn, I can't wait, I NEED MONEY.
fettman53
Posted: Jun 10 2014, 04:16 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,717

Not sure if I'm missing something, but...aren't ALL Legend Of Zelda games open-world? I mean sure, some parts of the world map are blocked until you get to certain parts of the story, but...they're still open-world, are they not? I guess maybe they've changed lately? I haven't played any of the Zelda games past Majora's Mask, but I remember that the GameBoy games I played, Ocarina Of Time, and Majora's Mask all had large, open worlds to explore that, by the end of the game, were fully-opened and travel-able to you.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 10 2014, 06:09 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 4 hours, 16 minutes ago)
Anyone else catch the news that Square Enix is releasing that FF Agito PSP game as an enhanced HD game for the PS4 and X-Box One? Weird decision that it took them 3 years to decide on bringing it to the West in any form...

Vita owners are pissed about it. They're looking for more sales obviously, but they should at least make a Vita version as well. Just like they did with FFX/X-2 HD. Which sold pretty well on the Vita.

To clear some things up. Final Fantasy Agito is actually a completely different game now. Final Fantasy Type-0 is the one that released on PSP years ago and is coming to PS4/XB1. FF Agito takes place during the events of FF Type-0, but it's going to be a free to play game on iOS and Android.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQice_T4Nio )

And did anyone catch that Super Smash Bros Invitational tournament? It was so hype. If anything won E3, it was that. So pumped for that game to come out.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Jun 10 2014, 06:22 PM
Tessou
Posted: Jun 11 2014, 06:47 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (fettman53 @ Yesterday, 8:16 PM)
Not sure if I'm missing something, but...aren't ALL Legend Of Zelda games open-world? I mean sure, some parts of the world map are blocked until you get to certain parts of the story, but...they're still open-world, are they not? I guess maybe they've changed lately? I haven't played any of the Zelda games past Majora's Mask, but I remember that the GameBoy games I played, Ocarina Of Time, and Majora's Mask all had large, open worlds to explore that, by the end of the game, were fully-opened and travel-able to you.

I think they're talking about "open world" in the sense of being more like a nonlinear Skyrim type of game rather than the somewhat rigid "you must complete dungeons in this order" style of previous Zelda titles.
fettman53
Posted: Jun 11 2014, 05:23 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,717

QUOTE (Tessou @ Today, 6:47 AM)
I think they're talking about "open world" in the sense of being more like a nonlinear Skyrim type of game rather than the somewhat rigid "you must complete dungeons in this order" style of previous Zelda titles.

If that's the case, I'd expect this game to be VERY big. I wonder how they'll pull it off.

4 Pages  1 2 3 4