Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Tommy K - Break the Night

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 25,719  ·  Replies: 63 
> Tusky's Kars, and whatever other road legal things
Tuskano
  Posted: Nov 5 2014, 02:28 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,740

QUOTE (Rudy @ Yesterday, 12:34 PM)
Screw this. Once chapter 7 is done and through, I'm going to follow my dreams. I'm going to get a 60 and drive out to Cali so I can roll with you guys. Maybe not for AX15, but definitely 16. The jelly is just too much for this stomach to handle.

I might do the same sometime in the future. By this December 11th, I'll be living up in Washington and seeing snow.

On a new note...

Yea! Got the truck back last night from the autoshop, installed new mirrors and a new forward side light. The shop fixed about 99% of the dents and most of the rust. Plus a new gloss white paint with a black solotone interior. I think they even touched up the bottom and bumper.

SPOILER
Tuskano
  Posted: Nov 9 2014, 06:49 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Well, it was a semi eventful day today. Cleaned and prepped the truck... then started applying bedliner. Then... ran out of bedliner thinking 2 cans was enough.

SPOILER
Tuskano
  Posted: Nov 27 2014, 03:45 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Some noobish mistakes were made, and I had a shop fix them, which resulted in a perma-wet bedliner look which I like alot. Now that my lil-truck is back, I taped the fender flares on the sides to see how they looked. The right side rear fender seems to be bent upwards more than the flare is, so bending that back would be easy. The front I might have sitting too low, as the flare on the fwd end is barely contacting the truck fender. Before they are put on, I am debating using the remaining beliner spray cans on them, or to use simple black to match the front bumper and garnish. Not sure yet... but I want to spray them before monday comes.

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...bca&oe=5511FB8B

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...330&oe=54D798B6

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...034&oe=551F6B25

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...fd5&oe=550D69C4

And with some photoshop... love it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hpho...a8fd9aa2bd812fc
sideways
Posted: Nov 27 2014, 04:11 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

That thing looks like it must have an amazingly small cabin
Rudy
Posted: Nov 27 2014, 04:32 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Tuskano
  Posted: Nov 27 2014, 04:40 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (sideways @ 23 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
That thing looks like it must have an amazingly small cabin

Enough for two people... it is all about the basics. Just two cushions and headrests for seats. None of this electrical seat adjuster magic...
https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...775&oe=550835BE
It's small enough where I can still reach out the passenger side when going through a drive-through!

QUOTE (Rudy @ 3 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
Hijet? More like Flyjet. awesome.gif

Or when lowered... a Lojet? >.O
Rudy
Posted: Nov 27 2014, 04:42 PM

Unregistered

Tuskano
  Posted: Nov 27 2014, 04:44 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Rudy @ 1 minute, 49 seconds ago)
I'm trying to say, it looks really nice and I like it

Sorry.

Sorry o.O

Thanks lol.
Rudy
Posted: Nov 27 2014, 04:53 PM

Unregistered

Rudy
Posted: Apr 1 2015, 07:14 PM

Unregistered

Tuskano
  Posted: Apr 1 2015, 07:54 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Thanks man.

Well, I'll start by saying this. It was an April fools joke. Sorry if I made you worry, I don't partake in a lot of fools jokes and was both surprised and grateful in the FB responses.

The 3000gt is alive and well while being driven almost daily. Still have yet done any major mods to it aside from that new battery/tires a few months ago. Still have not touched any of the electrical issues that I had mentioned it having in the past.

The truck had a hicup a month back where I had to avoid rearending someone who braked sharply. That had cost a crankshaft and not sure what else. But I ended up getting a new remanufactured engine to replace it, and will be rebuilding the bad engine. I'll include pictures of that later.

The scooter is fine too. Got engine goodies to put on. Already lowered and has a performance CDI installed.

In the end I guess I did my update... Will post pictures later.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by Tuskano on Apr 1 2015, 09:17 PM
Rudy
Posted: Apr 10 2015, 12:11 PM

Unregistered

This post has been edited by Rudy on Apr 10 2015, 12:12 PM
Tuskano
  Posted: Apr 18 2015, 09:19 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Rudy @ Apr 10 2015, 12:11 PM)
Dude, joke about hitting the lottery, your girlfriend getting pregnant... but DON'T joke about your car.

That image gave me flashbacks to the wreck in my Genesis Coupe. Same exact nature of accident, and now I'm going bankrupt because the guy who hit me was an illegal alien and fell off the map after the accident.

The lack of it being a joke hit me a few hours in when I checked the responses after work. Sorry man, didn't intend it to look like that. Unfortunately it had.

Crap, sorry to have heard about your experience. One with someone like that is the worst. That was always one of the bad points of driving down in socal with all those with no insurance who didn't speak a word of English.

Rudy
Posted: May 29 2015, 08:26 AM

Unregistered

Kiroshino
Posted: May 29 2015, 08:51 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 34,203

Speaking of the 3000gt VR4...

I drive by a second gen every day. Looks like something that came out of FnF: body kit, carbon fiber, etc. I haven't actually pulled over to look at it, but if it's the same car that I saw in a CraigsList ad a while ago, it needed some body work and they were asking $5k at the time.

Very cool looking cars. I was warned that they were expensive to work on, which was why I never gave them a closer look. Heard they can make good power with some mods.

Rudy
Posted: May 29 2015, 09:03 AM

Unregistered

Seri
Posted: May 29 2015, 09:21 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,610

Which is why I want to go FC instead.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tuskano
  Posted: Jun 6 2015, 10:39 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Man, f my computer. Thing needs to be thrown out the window and run over. Ate two responses and lags like hell. So now I'm on my phone. Finger-thumb-texting this out. I am also noticing that most of my past pictures don't work no more, like my sig. IDW must hate FB. Not going to bother fixing them, just going to piss me off more. Not even sure if my following pictures will be working and for how long.

Sorry for the delays. Been less on forums. Above reasons partly have a connection to that.

Yes, 3000gts are moneypits and hold nothing of value thanks to lots of people wanting to undervalue them. I bet that 5k second gen still will have the same owner until he sells for less. Like 2k.

Mine still is a good daily. Still runs decently despite the electrical problems I have not yet had the time to troubleshoot. Thinking of maybe letting it go since it is hard to have 2 project cars. That, and it being a possible moneypit have held off on modding and just doing enough to keep it running well.

I am on a navy detachment over in the Key West right now, but when I get back I may put out a feeler in the local Mitsu groups. The majority of stock on my VR4 may hold better value. Mine still looks clean... still will love it til the end.
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...fg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

I just got my Hijet 2 days ago. Rode out on my chuckus to pick it up. I had bought a new stock engine to put in the Hijet, so still in the break in period. I have the old engine too, so once I get a engine stand or something, I am going to go forth and take it apart, see what other than the crankcase was bad. The build it up and big bore it. Maybe other mods too, and it can be a fun spare engine.

I still have yet to lower it thanks to the engine, but now I'll get to possibly doing that when I return home. I might get the fender flares I bought months back put on first though.

The chuckus has been great as well. Easy to learn with and on. In the 3 months, I have put a 50mm big bore kit in it to replace the stock 39mm. Also a performance air filter, retuned and jetted the carburetor myself, and lower rear shocks. Even installed a ammo box custom mounted myself for extra cargo. Never has seen a shop or another pair of hands yet and I have been pround of that.

So... life's been goodish for me. Wish I was as active as I once was, but I have been on the PC less. Phone more so, as it is easier to watch YouTube videos and FB.

Rudy
Posted: Jun 8 2015, 08:38 AM

Unregistered

Tuskano
  Posted: Jun 8 2015, 10:02 PM

IDW Supremo Member

My panda GTO was awesome until I got it in my head to attempt a auto to manual swap when the auto gave out. I could have still been driving it if I just got a new auto. And it would have been very reliable. That was my fault. The VR4 doesn't have as much memories as my first and it will be easier to say goodbye if I find someone.

The Hijet will never leave me, I'll be known as that 80 year old grampa with the weird truck.

This post has been edited by Tuskano on Jun 8 2015, 10:05 PM
Tuskano
  Posted: Jul 13 2015, 03:17 PM

IDW Supremo Member

The VR4 has been sold. New owner is literally in the next apartment complex over from mine and it also warms my heart that he has and runs a shop. He plans to rebuild and rewire everything... maybe import a few parts from Japan. Of course he also is a drifter so he has plans to try to awd drift it lol. He is also with the same local car club I'm in, so maybe I'll see it at future meets.

But yea, would be cool to see how it goes. For awhile, I owned two cars and now all I own can fit in my garage. It's like a weights been lifted off my shoulders... and is a weird feeling at the same time.

Now instead of fast cars, I'm a weird mini-truckguy lol.
Kiroshino
Posted: Jul 14 2015, 05:07 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,203

lol Kei trucks are pretty awesome. biggrin.gif

Now that you're down to one project, what are your plans? Save up?
Tuskano
  Posted: Jul 15 2015, 12:32 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Kiroshino @ Yesterday, 5:07 AM)
lol Kei trucks are pretty awesome. biggrin.gif

Now that you're down to one project, what are your plans? Save up?

They very much are! Well... I'll be spending less on gas.. does that count as saving_? lol. I got/or am waiting for things. Like those dang fender flares. I might get with the guy who bought my GTO and see if he can help me out. Some metal might need bent more so the flares can fit better.

Of course fender flares means I am planning to lower. And I managed to find keitruck specific coilovers. Those will take awhile to get here....

Those are main goals to finish before next year.
Tuskano
  Posted: Jul 21 2015, 11:02 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Because scooter bottoms out on ramps, and that I am tired of lifting my scooter on the bed, I decided see to put more truck things on my little guy. It has 4wd and now a bed crane... I think it is more truck then some of the things we see on the road these days.

Of course I also had to get a bumper with a receiver Hitch... still need to wield it on to make it stronger.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hpho...277&oe=564E2E41

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hpho...21f&oe=560DFCD8

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hpho...b9f&oe=56177326
Tuskano
  Posted: Jul 26 2015, 10:55 PM

IDW Supremo Member

So I finally figured out how to post pictures as the forums hate FB picture links. Or at least this whole time I have failed to know how to get around that. They worked before, but after a update or something, all links past and present have stopped working.

Anyways, thanks to flickr, I can now show how my truck has been doing. From that picture, everything is fine.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Annddd... something I have been waiting in the mail for. Can't wait.
user posted image

As for my GTO... she is gone and sold to a friend. I still see her on base and she still looks good as ever. The new owner has a self owned shop and he plans to lots of enginework ect. So, good news is I can now focus fully on my truck, and I also know that my VR4 has gone to a good home (that is in the next apartment complex from mine lol)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Opps... forgot I pretty much said this in posts above. Picture's still good.

This post has been edited by Tuskano on Jul 26 2015, 10:58 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3