Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - singin' 4U

6 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 142,045  ·  Replies: 137 
> Initial D Fanfiction (Updated June 15th 2015), Links to all fanfics within! Renovated April 18th 2012
Gunma's 34
Posted: May 9 2008, 07:39 PM

The R34's chosen one

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,787

Do you think my story could be considered a fan fic?
I mean , my story is in a comic style, not typewritten.
The characters are pure original still, the courses and cars are unanimously similar to initial D...
like the AE86, FC, FD, GTR32, levin, etc...
if you guys are interested, here's the link...

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=32813

to those who just posted at my thread:
thanks a lot for the posts grin2.gif
to those who haven't read it yet?
go ahead and read it. everyone's welcome. leave a comment if you guys want to as well...
Meteor
  Posted: May 9 2008, 08:01 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Sorry. But comics/doujinshi/fan-ga can't be considered a fanfic.

And this list was made because there were so many fics in this section that some had a high chance of being "lost". But your comic so far is the only one in the Merchandise section. So, as long as it gets enough updates, it should be staying on the first page.
Gunma's 34
Posted: May 10 2008, 02:10 AM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

Thanks for that, Meteor...
if ever I make my next update by text...
like what I just posted (check on it if you like)
will it be then considered a fan fic?
Not sure though if I'm gonna place it on my thread or here at Initial D general...
what do you think?
Meteor
  Posted: May 10 2008, 02:41 AM

if ever I make my next update by text...
like what I just posted (check on it if you like)
will it be then considered a fan fic?

Nope. Just because it's text doesn't make your latest update a fanfic.

If you're confused as to what is considered a fic and what isn't, I'd suggest reading a few of the fics in this section. That'll give you a general idea of how to write.
Rudy
Posted: Jun 16 2008, 09:19 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Meteor
  Posted: Jun 16 2008, 09:41 PM

/R/ to remove my fanfictions from the links, please.

Every single one? Even your latest?

Ok then. I'll remove 'em now.
Rudy
Posted: Jun 16 2008, 10:15 PM

Unregistered

Sanae
Posted: Jul 27 2008, 03:28 PM

IDW Okamisan

Member No.: 19,388

Okay, a friendly mini-guide for (beta)Readers and Authors:

Readers:

If you read a story, please be kind enough to inform the author by posting a comment. You don't need to analyse the whole thing, just a 'well done' or a 'thanks for sharing' should suffice. However, it tends to help more if you want to explain what you liked about the story and what you found that could have been improved.

If you think that what you're going to say will offend the author, it probably will; in that case, you might prefer PMing the author instead. That said, I always say that often, if you have nothing nice to say...better be quiet.

To finish off: if you want to offer your 'services' as a beta reader, send a PM to the author giving him/her a few good reasons why you think you can be of help, maybe even listing other works which you have beta-read.

Authors:

If you start a story, do your utmost to finish it, even if it takes a while. I don't think that there's anything more upsetting for someone who reads a story to find it unfinished for years.

No one is perfect but, a little bit of spell-check does wonders. Also, if you think you'll benefit from one, ask someone to beta your chapters. Note that this option will slow down your update rate significantly (which is why I prefer not having one).

Try and tag the story accordingly (if it's a comedy, romance, whatever...) or else use a little summary on top of the first chapter so that readers know what to expect. Also, adding a disclaimer won't hurt, after all, no matter how much we would like it, we don't OWN Initial D.

This post has been edited by Sanae on Jul 27 2008, 03:36 PM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
FinToy-83
Posted: Jul 27 2008, 03:45 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

geesh, there's no need to rub it in! I'm writing when my inspiration allows.. I might type faster if you promise to make some lasagna though.. whistling.gif shifty2.gif
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Aug 10 2008, 05:51 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,713

Please /R/ remove my fanfic, Initial D 1/2 Stage - I decided not to continue it. Fortunately, I have slowly(almost at a snail-like pace) been writing a new one over the summer. I plan on finishing it, and then revealing it in stages.
Meteor
  Posted: Aug 10 2008, 11:42 PM

Request granted. Initial D 1/2 stage removed.
Rudy
Posted: Feb 9 2010, 12:05 AM

Unregistered

Sanae
Posted: Feb 9 2010, 12:16 AM

IDW Okamisan

Member No.: 19,388

Dori-kun, Meteor hasn't been online for months. crying2.gif

Maybe we could get one of the mods and/or admins to edit Meteor's first post for us and, while we're at it, maybe even add each of the fanfic status (completed, on hiatus, in progress) and maybe even the author for our own reference. What do you guys think? Doable, Y/N?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Bumpercam
Posted: Oct 30 2010, 08:09 AM

Rage Against The Light

Member No.: 36,515

Alas, this thread has died of natural causes. Too bad for me... So many good crossovers, too, i can learn from them about car-fic writing, especially the battles...

... will i still be warned for bumping an old sticky?
Bumpercam
Posted: May 25 2011, 06:31 AM

Rage Against The Light

Member No.: 36,515

Hey guys, i know it's rather old but can you guys help me for this page? It's a kind of recommendation page in TvTropes for ID fanfics, and i'm only in this fandom for a little over six months now. I don't know where the best fics are, except for Sanae's. Just replicate the formatting there if you want to edit it yourself, but leaving some recommendations (plus a few words about the fic's strength and weaknesses) here for me to update is okay too if you don't have a TvTropes handle (making one is free of course).
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 11:01 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

If I may add a suggestion, can you add the name of the author and whether or not the story is finished? It's a pain to shuffle through all the posts and updates to see if the story I'm reading is finished. And I get a bit disappointed if its really good and it's not yet done. Other than that, this is a great way of organizing things Meteor. Thank you for adding my story here! happy.gif
Meteor
  Posted: Apr 15 2012, 02:59 PM

Yeah, I should do that. Already started work on it. Most of the completed fics now have a (completed) next to their name, regularly updated fics will be identified as such and some author names are up too.

Oh and, Demon Boost. Your request was granted a bunch of months before your return, but I didn't really make that clear so I'm pointing that out now.

EDIT: Finished making the changes.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Apr 16 2012, 03:32 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 07:05 PM

Patient Zero

Thanks for updating everything Meteor! Now a little technical question; but if there are no parenthesis next to the author's name, does that mean that it's not regularly updated or something? Because I laughed when I saw (regularly updated) next to my fanfic. Also, may I do some more formatting to your post to make it a little less cluttered? smile.gif
Meteor
  Posted: Apr 17 2012, 12:26 AM

Now a little technical question; but if there are no parenthesis next to the author's name, does that mean that it's not regularly updated or something?

Yep.

As for your second question: Tell me what you've got in mind for that first smile.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 09:48 PM

Patient Zero

I just wanted to do some formatting to make it a little easier to look at. Take this template for example:

Beyond the Horizon
By THE_HONDA_CG2
(Regularly Updated)

I hope Sanae doesn't mind me using her story as another example. I read it all in about two days and I absolutely loved it! happy.gif

Dreaming of Akina
By Sanae
(Complete)

And an example of an incomplete one. I consider an incomplete fanfic one that hasn't been updated in over a year. That should give the potential readers a heads up:

... Is a Beautiful Word
By tiQlado
(Incomplete)

Just my thoughts on how to make it more organized. smile.gif
Meteor
  Posted: Apr 18 2012, 12:42 AM

That does look better. I've gone ahead and done that for you.

Feel free to make any further changes if you find it necessary.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 05:22 PM

Patient Zero

Woah, you work fast Meteor! Thank you for putting in those updates and everything. I find it a little funny that my story is the only one what is (Regularly Updated). Anyhow, I see one tag that says (Discontinued) I think you should change it to (Discontinued) so it is distinguishable and well... it adds a little more color to the post. smile.gif
Meteor
  Posted: Apr 19 2012, 11:08 AM

Done. Thanks for the suggestion.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 12:13 PM

Patient Zero

Once again, you work very quickly Meteor. Thanks! I have another suggestion, but I'm not so sure about how nicely it will work out. So its up to you if you want to adopt it or not. I was thinking about rating the length of fanfics with a 5-star system. As an example (I'll just use Sanae's again since I love is so much! happy.gif ):

Dreaming of Akina
By Sanae
(Complete)
★★★★★ (81 Chapters + Extras)

Let me explain how it works, depending on how long the fanfic is, it gets that number of stars. You can change the ranges if you need to. Also putting the number of chapters after the ranking will help readers see exactly how long the story is:

★✰✰✰✰ - Short (1~10 Chapters)
★★✰✰✰ - Shortish (11~20 Chapters)
★★★✰✰ - Medium (21~30 Chapters)
★★★★✰ - Long (31~40 Chapters)
★★★★★ - Epic poem status (+50 chapters)

My fear is that some people might mistake it for a critic's rating system. So if the story is finished and its short then it has less stars and then some people might not want to read it or something. Once again, Meteor it is up to you if you want to put it in place, maybe we can use different symbols like squares. In the end it's up to you:

■■□□□

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Apr 19 2012, 12:14 PM
Meteor
  Posted: Apr 19 2012, 12:18 PM

The star thing would be easily mistaken for a quality rating so I'm not going to try that yet. I'm thinking of simply mentioning the chapter count next to the titles, but I'm not sure of that either right now.

6 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6