Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Manuel - Gas Gas Gas

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 15,786  ·  Replies: 209 
> Are you afraid of losing?, in battle..
rx8driver
  Posted: Oct 31 2006, 03:59 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,870

i find that some people at my place are so afraid of losing..

first kind of loser, when they lose to someone they started cursing bad words and scolding and sometime picking a fight mad.gif

another kind of id player i notice..they never turn on accept challenge because they are soooo afraid of losing..some of them just want to keep the 100% win rate..this is so lame dry.gif

as if they will loss their dick after losing in a game laugh.gif

third kind of id player, they like to fish others..like example i was fished to tsuchi in my MR2 by a ER34..he win of course..after that battle i wanted to fish him back to happo but he quit..obviously he have no balls/no skill to accept challenge and just wanted some cheap win (u fished others, prepare to get fish as well) dry.gif

the champion of all loser, they battle themself..not one time but repeatedly..asking their friend to purposly lose to them..just to get a nice win rate/BL ohmy.gif

as for me i dont care much, id is just for fun..winning or losing depend on one's skill
Kam!kaze
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 04:24 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 18,983

I hate losing, but it happens. If someone challenges me, I expect a fair race, and the outcome is the outcome.
cosmoz
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 04:41 AM

Juicylicious!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 7,085

i dont mind losing if my opponent is obviously better than me..
i get real pissed off if my opponent wins by luck or by fishing..

hate it when i was leading and suddenly while turning i get gear brake.. and the guy just past me with ease..
AsH_
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 04:56 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 20,587

i hate losing consecutively... 1 is ok, 2 no good, 3 pissed me off...

i hardly lose so im ok... unless im fished..
icedagger
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 05:01 AM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

I'm not scared of losing. Even against fishers. The only time I turn Accept Off is when I don't feel like battling or am TAing seriously and don't want to be interrupted.

I have nothing to lose in getting defeated. If the person won because of skill, I don't mind. At least I had the honor of battling someone better.

And I'm not scared of being fished either. I hate it, but I'm not scared of it. If I lose, it would be a meaningless win for the other guy because he fished me, and if I win I get to laugh in his face.

But I don't really battle that much. The main reason I leave Accept on is to get free games if I win. biggrin.gif
EA99
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 05:05 AM

woo happyface

Member No.: 5,162

QUOTE (rx8driver @ Today at 7:59 PM)
third kind of id player, they like to fish others..like example i was fished to tsuchi in my MR2 by a ER34..he win of course..after that battle i wanted to fish him back to happo but he quit..obviously he have no balls/no skill to accept challenge and just wanted some cheap win (u fished others, prepare to get fish as well) dry.gif

you shouldnt really be losing to FR's on tsuchi anyways tongue.gif start up + block ftw. Anyways, I'll have to admit I WILL turn challenge off since I KNOW heaps of the people at my arcade (hongkies!) love tsuchisaka. I don't think they do it on purpose to fish, but they just love the course and ALWAYS RACE there -.-" but i guess i can always peg those evos back on Happo laugh2.gif
junetrish024
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 05:10 AM

The 5a.m.-coffee-drinking- Evo.IV-driver

Member No.: 20,298

Well... he's using the MR2, and I tell you it's quite poor in Tsuch... But then, as I react, there's just something I would like to say...

We sometimes win and lose battles, regardless of our skills, car set-up or race track... What's important is we learn by every race... Thus we become better...

This post has been edited by junetrish024 on Oct 31 2006, 06:49 AM
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 06:46 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

not really, i believe that there's always a winner and a loser in battles... as much as possible i try my best not to lose, but when i'm about to lose in battles, i don't mind since there are numerous people out there who are waaaay better than me...

i used to get mad when i get fished, now i just simply laugh to myself, thinking that he's probably scared of a fair fight... and sometimes, they don't even give me a chance to strike back...
junetrish024
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 06:48 AM

Well... I used to get pissed when someone fishes me, now, well.. Sorry if I bring you to my own turf if you fish me... Say they fish me at Usui, I bring them to Tsuch... I dunno but lots of guys I see play Usui greatly are quite bad at Tsuch... The more reason I teach them Tsuch 101...
Kyo_K
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 07:04 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 15,837

im up for any sorta challenge really.. infact im really desperate for a challenge..
Chrono
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 07:21 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 16,310

Hmmmm...

Honestly, im afraid of losing now that i have my green aura!
Im the only one in my area with it...
Holy crap everyone is desperate to fish me just for the easy win and possible battle level up for them and down for me!
But i still accept a challenge because i usually win most of the time!

Mainly fishers here where i play...
They either take my AE86/EA11R to Tsuchisaka or Irohazaka...
To make things worse they chose WET!!!
But Boost sure evens things up Hahahahha

I feel more embarrassed to lose to the AI in LoTS beyond 3x completion...
Hahhahaha
EA99
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 07:30 AM

woo happyface

Member No.: 5,162

QUOTE (junetrish024 @ Today at 9:10 PM)
Well... he's using the MR2, and I tell you it's quite poor in Tsuch... But then, as I react, there's just something I would like to say...

We sometimes win and lose battles, regardless of our skills, car set-up or race track... What's important is we learn by every race... Thus we become better...

Uh dude, I KNOW how the MR2 handles there. MY ONLY car i have and use is 1 MR2. So yeah get this, it IS poor in Tsuchi, But STILL can handle well if you can drive it alone (i.e. not in a battle)
rx8driver
  Posted: Oct 31 2006, 07:46 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 18,870

QUOTE (EA99 @ Today at 7:30 AM)
Uh dude, I KNOW how the MR2 handles there. MY ONLY car i have and use is 1 MR2. So yeah get this, it IS poor in Tsuchi, But STILL can handle well if you can drive it alone (i.e. not in a battle)

as for me..my main car is RX8..my MR2 is just for me to take down the local record for happo ib and hopefully iro (i cant handle RX8 at happo and iro that well, shame to be called rx8driver sad.gif )

MR2 is easilly killed at tsuchi/shomaru..not only because of the oversteer..the slow top end accleration make it even worse

i like the MR2 handling very much..just that it isnt a very good battle car sad.gif

I feel more embarrassed to lose to the AI in LoTS beyond 3x completion...
Hahhahaha

yea...lose to computer is more embarrasing than losing to a real player.. laugh.gif

losing to bunta is ok..he has got NOS laugh.gif
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 08:58 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

losing to itsuki when uve completed lots a few times sure must be embarassing (i stop lots at 3x)
junetrish024
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 09:39 AM

Sorry if I offended you... My bad... Umm... yeah... RIGHT! The MR2... Still can be handled well by well hands... *points to EA99*
kaiku
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 11:06 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 14,692

losing isnt that much of a deal to me. its a game...you win some you lose some. shows how much you need to get better at. but if i lose by a little mistake...my competitive attitude takes over and race him again in the same course to show him wassup...
darkpaladinzz
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 11:48 AM

do a barrel roll

Member No.: 14,420

yeah..losing isnt a big deal for me either..considering on my spirit, i have 70+ losses to one single person
kaiku
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 11:51 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 14,692

QUOTE (darkpaladinzz @ Today at 11:48 AM)
yeah..losing isnt a big deal for me either..considering on my spirit, i have 70+ losses to one single person

wow...interesting
darkpaladinzz
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 11:59 AM

do a barrel roll

Member No.: 14,420

yeah..considering i have only like 180 battles... and win rate of 56%
08TTGSL
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 12:01 PM

Eww evo

Member No.: 19,156

losing is something i dont care about, because you learn from your mistakes.
Cowman715
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 01:09 PM

The only Miata driver around

Member No.: 14,640

I have the expectation to lose so... No I'm not scared...

However... everyone at my arcade exsept for my team will NOT face me... What's there to be scared of? Lose your level 11 aura that you got from boosting off your little brother on Iro Reverse Dry when you almost lost?
FD3SIzDaBest
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 02:25 PM

It's All or Nothing Right Now

Member No.: 10,657

QUOTE (Cowman715 @ Today at 4:09 PM)
I have the expectation to lose so... No I'm not scared...

However... everyone at my arcade exsept for my team will NOT face me... What's there to be scared of? Lose your level 11 aura that you got from boosting off your little brother on Iro Reverse Dry when you almost lost?

DAMNIT!!!!! I WISH I STILL HAD THAT FOOTAGE!!!!!!! XD!!!!!

Nah I'm not really scared of losing. I kinda get upset for being fished but other than that I don't even really show much emotions when i race. Ionno except for when it's like a super super super fish( ex Evo 3 vs. Rx8 on Happo Wet) or maybe Cow on Happo sometimes, I don't really lose.
Gunso
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 02:31 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 20,032

hate losing when I'm fished or being blocked the whole way. Also hate people who tell me to hold brake before race. I always do the opposite.
driftshift
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 04:06 PM

MR Yama Denrei

Member No.: 20,247

Not really. I only get mad if they cheat somehow.
johnnyjohn911
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 07:26 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 7,036

i dont mind losing. just that i hate it when a NOOB beats me with boost or down shifting my gears. that and fishing

9 Pages  1 2 3 »