Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - No Turning Back

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  « 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 32,252  ·  Replies: 85 
> Ghost in the Shell Film (Live Action)
The Sixth Element
Posted: Apr 1 2017, 11:12 PM

matter intangible

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,779

I have watched the movie this friday and I would like to say that its a different story from the original which it did announce,
SPOILER
Its not a bad movie neither it was a great movie, its sort of in the middle.The visuals were pretty cool and just gives off the Cyberpunk vive thats its well known for. (Also made me kinda hype for the new Projekt CD Red game Cyberpunk 2077) I won't spoil the movie for those who haven't watched it, but I think its worth a watch ONCE.

This post has been edited by The Sixth Element on Apr 1 2017, 11:12 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 2 2017, 12:06 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Yep, totally agreed. I enjoyed it, I didn't regret going to see it, it made sense, but I don't feel the need to re-watch it.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 2 2017, 07:28 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (The Sixth Element @ 8 hours, 15 minutes ago)
I have watched the movie this friday and I would like to say that its a different story from the original which it did announce,
SPOILER
Its not a bad movie neither it was a great movie, its sort of in the middle.The visuals were pretty cool and just gives off the Cyberpunk vive thats its well known for. (Also made me kinda hype for the new Projekt CD Red game Cyberpunk 2077) I won't spoil the movie for those who haven't watched it, but I think its worth a watch ONCE.

What did you think of....

SPOILER
Tessou
Posted: Apr 2 2017, 10:07 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

The handwave of doom.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 3 2017, 07:44 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Yesterday, 7:28 AM)
What did you think of....

SPOILER

SPOILER
The Sixth Element
Posted: Apr 3 2017, 10:13 PM

matter intangible

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,779

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Yesterday, 7:28 AM)
SPOILER

SPOILER

Its a big spoiler so I'd rather watch the movie before reading that. Its just my opinion on the matter but it still does spoil some parts of it.
Tessou
Posted: Apr 4 2017, 08:06 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Apr 3 2017, 11:44 AM)
SPOILER

B...but I was agreeing with you... unsure.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 4 2017, 10:51 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 45 minutes ago)
B...but I was agreeing with you... unsure.gif

You have the wrong Asuka as your avatar, b-baka! So nyanners! laugh2.gif
xiao
Posted: Apr 5 2017, 07:27 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

The spoilers in this thread have actually sparked an interest in watching the movie now:

Still, they could've done any story from the zillions of spin-offs GitS has offsprung ... and they still would've been the same because Scarlett just doesn't make a good Motoko. It's not about having a white actress, it was about trying to make GitS appealing to the mindless masses with an A-list celebrity.

And it was neither appealing to the otaku that love GitS, or the little kids that would rather watch Power Rangers, or their parents that were wishing they could've gone seen John Wick 2 instead. If they would've made it a Rated R flick ~ it would've had a bit more success methinks. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 10:06 PM)
B...but I was agreeing with you...  unsure.gif

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 8 hours, 26 minutes ago)
You have the wrong Asuka as your avatar, b-baka! So nyanners! laugh.gif

There can only be ONE Queen of T-Back's ... If anybody gets that reference: you're going to hell with xiao too! laugh.gif shifty2.gif ~

user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 5 2017, 09:11 AM

ShiMACHaze

>chu2 asuka
>not glorious german asuka

GTFO!

As for the film, I have two friends who haven't seen it who have decided already that it's horrible and an affront to the original and isn't worth the digital media it was mastered on yadda yadda yadda. Of course, they haven't seen it, so I just kinda chuckle. I then go into a belly laugh when they defend their position by posting an article where some SJW-leaning Japanese-American actresses get butthurt that they weren't cast.

lol k

The only thing that disappoints me is that the filmmakers are too busy pointing blame to advocate for their film, but ah well. It was worth seeing just to enjoy--and to make SJWs mad. troll.gif
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 9 2017, 08:26 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

I wonder how the whitewashing controversy really affected the movie's release cause judging from a few articles I've read, it's expected that the movie is going to end up being a bust financially and that the film makers are going to be losing $60 million.

4 Pages  « 2 3 4