Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Go2 - Spitfire

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 9,852  ·  Replies: 59 
> [FANFIC] The Ghost Of Akagi (discontinued), a fanfic
Meteor
  Posted: Nov 20 2006, 08:46 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

Well, I'm bored, so I thought I'd try doing an ID fanfic.

NOTE: Not discontinued any more Currently discontinued.

NOTE: This story is set in the future so most of the cars are made up by me.

Prolouge:

It was a dark, rainy night on Mt.Akagi. And the sound of engines revving could be heard. . .

At the summit, there were two cars. A dark blue Mitusbishi Lancer Evolution 16 and an orange Nissan Silvia S24. They were both positioned side by side.

'5.'
'4.'
'3.'
'2.'
'1.'
'GO!'

Tires squealed as the two vehicles took off, The Evolution 16 leading. The first left turn was coming up. The driver of the Evo steered his car into the right lane and braked while the driver of the S24 took the inside and let his foot off the gas. The Evo's driver steered left, as did the S24 driver. The cars gripped through the corner.

The driver of the Evo shifted down to 5th and the S24 driver shifted down to 4th. The Evolution was still leading. A left hairpin was coming up. The S24 moved into the left lane again but the driver of the Evo, being ahead, had found a good time to put enough pressure on the brake pedal to let the rear slide out, thus keeping small areas of both lanes free.

A right hairpin came up. The Evo slowed down and drifted through it while the S24 went in without slowing down and started drifting through it. The driver of the S24 noticed that his car was sliding towards the trees and thus braked hard before it was too late. The Evo driver still had the lead.

All of a sudden, a third pair of headlights appeared behind the two cars. A yellow vehicle that didn't look anything like something of the current time started to catch up to the other two cars. The three vehicles slowed down before the left turn. All three cars drifted through it. As soon as it had cleared the turn, the mysterious vehicle passed right through the other two vehicles before drifting through the right hairpin and disappearing into the night. . .

Is it good enough to be continued? Did I make any mistakes?

This post has been edited by Meteor on Apr 18 2012, 02:02 AM
bLiNk-182-gC
Posted: Nov 20 2006, 10:25 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,983

gogo do continue. =D. it might be better to me(bias ><) if it was ryousuke's car instead of keisuke's FD. hehe happy.gif. but good job anwyay laugh.gif
Meteor
  Posted: Nov 20 2006, 11:31 AM

NOTE: Sorry if this chapter isn't good. It's 1:25 AM here.

Chapter 1 - And so it begins. . .

It was a peaceful night on Mt.Akagi, or atleast it was so until an automotive symphony became audible. . .

A silver 560SX was driving down Akagi pass, looking for challengers. It found one quite quickly.

A black riced out Civic ZK10 Type R, complete with stickers, neon underglow, an un-aerodynamic shape, extra weight (audio systems) and 4 exhaust pipes started chasing the 560SX.

Hmph. Another ricer. This is going to be a piece of cake! Thought Hakiya as he increased the pace of his car.

Hakiya Jikao was a 19 year old who had a need for speed. He had untidy black hair and dark blue eyes.

A left turn was coming up. Hakiya took the outside while the ricer took the inside. Hakiya lightly tapped on the brakes while the ricer didn't slow down at all. The driver of the 560SX shifted down to 4th gear before steering left. The ricer pulled the e-brake and began sliding through the corner, but met the trees before even finishing the drift.

These days, most of the people I race are just not enough of a challenge. Thought Hakiya as he drifted through a right hairpin.

All of a sudden, the interior of the 560SX lit up. Hakiya saw a pair of headlights in his rear-view mirror. They were definitely not of the ZK10.

'You're on!'

The 560SX took the right lane and gripped through the left hairpin. The chasing vehicle did the same. The mysterious vehicle behind Hakiya started coming closer and closer. A right hairpin was coming up. Hakiya took the outside and braked hard before turning in, going to the inside of the turn and going to the outside again right before exiting while the chasing car gripped to the inside for the whole corner. After both cars exited that corner The chasing vehicle overtook the 560SX.

Hakiya looked at the yellow car's rear closely.

Mazda RX-7. . .

The RX-7 gripped through the right hairpin and disappeared into the night. . .

Could this be the RX-7 that everyone's been talking about?
bLiNk-182-gC
Posted: Nov 20 2006, 11:55 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 15,983

hmm. a question. is the person driving the yellow rx7 still alive? maybe keisuke became a bunta?? happy.gif
Meteor
  Posted: Nov 21 2006, 12:46 AM

To answer your question. No.

Chapter 2 - Information

It was the day after Hakiya encountered the mysterious antique on Mt.Akagi.

7:30 AM

Hakiya got out of bed, took a shower, put on his work clothes, got in his 560SX and drove off to the gas station where he worked. Once there, he parked his car and got out.

'Morning Hakiya' Greeted Ekio.
'Good Morning Ekio' Replied Hakiya.

Ekio Buyasu was a 20 year old who had dark brown eyes and spiky blonde hair.

'Yo Hakiya!' Said Rijuo.
'Hey there Rijuo.' Replied Hakiya.

Rijuo Truza was an 18 year old who worked part time at the gas station. He had neat brown hair and black eyes.

Later on, after the day's work was done.

'Hey Hakiya, you up for a battle tonight?' Asked Ekio.
'Not tonight Ekio, I've got other things to deal with.' Replied Hakiya.
'Alright then. Anyway, See ya.'
'See ya.'

Ekio walked towards his amethyst Supra JZK90, got in, and drove off.

Hakiya decided to go to the station's manager.

'So what did you come to me for Hakiya?' Asked Itsuki Takeuchi, who was now 35. Itsuki happened to know a lot on what happened on the touge.

'Would you happen to know anything about a yellow RX-7?' Asked Hakiya.

Itsuki searched for something in his desk's drawer. 'You mean this RX-7?' Said Itsuki while showing a picture to Hakiya
'Yes. That's the one, boss.' Replied Hakiya.
'Well. You see, many years ago, there existed a team that kept on winning and winning every battle they participated in. This team, Project D, had two drivers. Takumi Fujiwara, who was best at the downhill and drove a Trueno AE86. And Keisuke Takahashi, who was best at the hillclimb and drove an RX-7 FD3S. Some time after Project D's last race, Keisuke went off to practice on Mt.Akagi. He never came back. There was an area of guardrail missing and the FD was in ruins. Strangely, his body was never found.'

Hakiya began to feel rather shaky.

'Y'know, I've been hearing rumours that this very same FD has been seen on Akagi and no one has been able to defeat it yet. I take it you've seen this very same FD as well?' Continued Itsuki.

I had raced against a ghost yesterday?! Thought Hakiya.

This post has been edited by Meteor on May 30 2007, 10:59 AM
-Jt-
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 12:50 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,179

hey wtf whats a evo16, 520sx????
pretty cool,

noob question. whats a ricer
Meteor
  Posted: Nov 21 2006, 01:00 AM

A ricer is someone who uglifies their car on purpose and think that they have the best car ever. As for the cars, I explained that in the first chapter.
Meteor
  Posted: Nov 21 2006, 02:47 AM

Chapter 3 - Rematch

It was another dark night, and two engines revving could be heard near the bottom of Mt.Akagi.

'5.'
'4.'
'3.'
'2.'
'1.'
'GO!'

The two cars took off, Hakiya's 560SX following Ekio's Supra. A right turn was coming up. Both drivers steered to into the right lane, let their feet off the gas, downshifted and went towards the inside. They shifted up again 2 seconds after exiting the corner.

A left U-turn came up. Again both drivers let their feet off the gas, downshifted, went to the inside, then again to the outside and shifted up again after clearing the corner.

A series of 3 hairpins came up after a straight. The Supra took the left lane while the 560SX took the right. The Supra braked early and shifted down while the 560SX braked hard just a small distance away from the entrance and then shifted down. The 560SX was ahead. Hakiya steered right and stomped on the clutch. The 560SX drifted through the right hairpin while the Supra gripped through it. The two drivers shifted up again. The 560SX drifted through the other two hairpins as well, preventing the Supra from overtaking it during cornering.

The two cars blazed up the long, crooked straight. A right turn was coming up. The 560SX took the left lane while the Supra took the right. Ekio braked hard while Hakiya steered right and put enough pressure on the brake pedal to make his 560SX drift into the right lane, before countersteering and drifting through the turn, the Supra still behind it.

Another right turn came up. The two drivers took the left lane, let their feet off the gas and took the inside of the corner.

A left hairpin came up. Both cars took the right lane. The 560SX braked early and downshifted. At that moment, Ekio steered into the left lane and braked later before downshifting. The Supra performed a braking drift through the corner while the 560SX gripped behind it.

The two cars cleared the corner, The 560SX behind the Supra. The 560SX used the Supra's slipstream to close in, before steering into the left lane and overtaking the Supra.

All of a sudden, a third pair of headlights appeared behind the two vehicles.
Meteor
  Posted: Nov 21 2006, 08:14 AM

Chapter 4 - Realisation

The yellow FD! Thought Hakiya. Now's my chance!

A right V-turn was coming up. The FD took the outside, as did the other two cars. All three cars braked softly, turned in, went to the inside of the corner and then went to the outside again. As soon as it had cleared the corner, the FD passed right through the two vehicles. Ekio stopped his car in fear.

Not this time! Thought Hakiya.

The next corner was a left hairpin. The 560SX stayed on the inside lane while the FD took the outside. The FD braked and the 560SX braked later. The 560SX was now ahead. Hakiya quickly steered his car into the outside lane before shifting down, steering left, gripping through the inside of the turn, putting pressure on the gas pedal and shifting up again after 2 seconds. The FD did the same and passed through the 560SX again.

Dammit!

All of a sudden, Hakiya felt as though someone was controlling his body. He noticed that his body was using his right foot differently on the accelerator. The 560SX began to catch up to the FD again. A left corner was coming up. Both cars took the outside lane, braked, and gripped through the inside of the turn. The 560SX then took the right lane. The FD and the 560SX were now neck-and-neck.

What's happening?!

A right hairpin was next. The FD took the outside lane while the 560SX stayed on the inside lane. The FD braked softly while the driver of the 560SX took his foot off the gas pedal, or rather someone or something made Hakiya do it. The 560SX was leading again. The 560SX performed a four wheel drift through the corner and the FD did the same.

What the hell is going?! I'm not in control of my body anymore!

A left corner was coming up. Both cars took the outside lane. The FD braked after the 560SX. The FD was ahead again. The two cars began drifting through the corner. All of a sudden, the FD began sliding dangerously fast towards the cliff as a big dent and some scratches appeared on the left-rear-end of it. The FD passed right through the guardrail and disappeared. All of a sudden, Hakiya experienced a flood of memories as his 560SX stopped after exiting the corner. The sudden flood of memories caused Hakiya to experience a lot of pain. He screamed and collapsed upon his car's cockpit. A few seconds later, the pain disappeared, but it left behind something that he couldn't believe for a while.

I am. . . . The reincarnation of Keisuke Takahashi. . .

This post has been edited by Meteor on Nov 21 2006, 10:25 AM
FinToy-83
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 10:16 AM

IDW Banned Member

Member No.: 14,568

QUOTE (Meteor @ Today at 1:00 AM)
A ricer is someone who uglifies their car on purpose and think that they have the best car ever. As for the cars, I explained that in the first chapter.

maybe you should edit that part and bold it out. otherwise, it's going well. happy.gif
Meteor
  Posted: Nov 21 2006, 10:38 AM

Good to know I haven't crapped up horribly on those chapters. Anyway, there may be a longer than usual delay between the previous chapter and the next because I feel like I need to give my creative side some rest. BTW FinToy-83, which part are you suggesting me to bold out? Are you suggesting to edit the first chapter and put that "NOTE" in bold?

This post has been edited by Meteor on Nov 21 2006, 10:39 AM
FinToy-83
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 12:58 PM

IDW Banned Member

exactly.
Rudy
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 08:16 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Meteor
  Posted: Nov 21 2006, 08:22 PM

No. Just a brand new car with a brand new engine. This fanfic is set in the future, so few cars from our time will be seen.
Rudy
Posted: Nov 22 2006, 10:33 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
-Jt-
Posted: Nov 23 2006, 11:21 PM

IDW Banned Member

hmmm nice, i understand what a 530z is man make a GTR R89 or something lol
myabe a a Rx-9 or somethin, but describe the cars. taht'll make it interesting
Meteor
  Posted: Nov 24 2006, 12:35 AM

I'll try some sketches later on. It's not so easy to describe the cars with words.

NOTE: I've got other things to do aswell so I can't type down the extra bits I planned to put in this chapter. Oh well, you'll find them in the next chapter.

Chapter 5 - Keisuke's spirit

Another day at the gas station. Hakiya parked his silver 560SX, got out of his car and walked towards his workplace.

'Morning Ekio.'
'Morning Hakiya.'
'Hmm, you know, Rijuo's not here yet.'

A few seconds later, the sound of an engine became audible. The car, a red one, parked near the gas station. Ekio and Hakiya couldn't recognize the car at all. The only thing they had been able to see clearly that was familiar to them was the logo on the hood. The door of the red car opened, and out stepped Rijuo.

'Hey guys.'
'Hey there Rijuo.' Greeted Hakiya.
'Hi Rijuo.' Greeted Ekio.
'Anyway, what car is that?' Continued Hakiya.
'My car? Well, it's a classic. Found it at a junkyard, but I've repaired and modified it to match current cars. It's a Mazda RX-8.' Replied Rijuo. 'Anyway, I heard that you two saw the yellow RX-7 yesterday. Care to spare details?' He continued.
'Well, it just passed right through me and I stopped my Supra.' Said Ekio. 'By the way Hakiya, you never told me how you fared against him. How did the battle go?' He continued.

'It was a close battle, but I lost.' Lied Hakiya, thinking that his friends would consider him mentally challenged if he told them the truth.
'Well, you certainly did better than me.' Said Ekio.
'By the way, Ekio, you up for a battle tonight?' Asked Rijuo.
'Well, why not?' Replied Ekio.

Later that day.

Hakiya parked his 560SX in his garage, then walked into his house. He went to the dining room, took a drink out of the fridge, poured the cold water into a drinking glass, drank it all up, and then proceeded to his room. Once there, he lied down on the bed and began thinking.

All this is just so strange. Me, a reincarnation. But if I'm a reincarnation, why am I not thinking like him?. Digging deeper into my memories, I find that Keisuke didn't like Nissan's too much, and that he was easier to anger than I am. And, I don't find myself missing anyone. I don't miss Ryousuke, I don't miss Takumi, I don't miss Kyoko. Hell, I don't miss anyone from the past at all! This just doesn't make any sense!

'That's because you're an incomplete reincarnation.' Said a strangely familiar voice.
'Who said that?!'
'Relax Hakiya. It's just me, the spirit of Keisuke Takahashi.'

---

What do you think of this so far? Shall I continue this or not?

EDIT: Sorry about that.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Nov 28 2006, 03:29 AM
FinToy-83
Posted: Nov 26 2006, 09:06 AM

IDW Banned Member

keep going. the beginning is always slow for starting fanfic writer.
BOZZ Savage
Posted: Nov 26 2006, 01:40 PM

ペンタックス

Member No.: 15,047

Yeah.^

I can see some potential in this one.
-Jt-
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 02:01 AM

IDW Banned Member

u double posted-get ready for a beating from Nomake!:D i've had tons so yeah, i've been trying to be a good good lil doggy:D.

alriight, heres what i think, i love the layout of the story, i just dont like the fact about the future cars, an evo 16 should atleats have the power to hover:(?!

ur writing is flawless tho, not too many mistakes unlike somebody...EVEERY1 points at me
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 08:37 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Oh wow, a triple-post, even. Yeah, Meteor... watch that... it's what an edit button is for...
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Meteor
  Posted: Nov 29 2006, 03:19 AM

Sorry about that. Anyway, on with this fic.

Chapter 6 - Another P.O.S. Chapter.

Hakiya was absolutely speechless, as if racing against a ghost and finding out he was a reincarnation wasn't enough. Now he had met the spirit of the person he was supposed to be a reincarnation of. This just had to be a dream, either that or he was losing his mind.

'I'm not surprised. I wouldn't expect any sane person to be able to accept all this so soon.' Said Keisuke.

Hakiya was still mute. He just couldn't believe this at all.

'Alright then.' Said Keisuke as he pinched Hakiya.
'Oww!'

This was definitely not a dream. . .

It was another night on Mt.Akagi. And the sounds of an engine revving and tires squealing could be heard.

The white RX-14 took the outside lane while approaching the right turn, its nose dipped as its brake discs glowed and its exhaust let off a small explosion of ignited fuel. The car turned in and hugged the inside of the corner. After clearing the corner, the RX-14 began accelerating again. Soon, the driver of the RX-14 shifted up to 4th. The car zoomed off as backfire came out of the exhaust placed on the right.

(Author's note: Think of the front end of an RX-8, the rear end of an FD, rounder versions of the FC's tail-lights, the rims of Ryousuke's FC, the rear wing of an FD and a twin-turbo engine. That's the RX-14.)

A left hairpin came up. The RX-14 stopped accelerating, shifted down to 3rd, turned in, went to the inside of the turn and went back to the outside before exiting.

The driver of the car shifted up again. As the RX-14 drove up the crooked straight, a car appeared behind it.

Hmm, a Mazda RX-14. Let's see how he handles it. Thought Hakiya before shifting up to 5th.

A right V-turn was coming up. The Nissan and the Mazda took the outside lane. The two cars braked, downshifted to 3rd, steered in and hugged the inside of the corner. The two cars exited the corner bumper to bumper.

The two cars were now driving up a curvy straight. Both drivers shifted up to 4th. Back-fire came out of the RX-14's exhaust as it began to pull away.

Damnit! Thought Hakiya. For some reason, he couldn't use Keisuke's acceleration techniques even though he had done it before. This was not looking good, until he noticed that his 560SX began to accelerate a bit faster than usual. The RX-14's slipstream was letting the 560SX escape air resistance and it was beggining to catch up again, although slowly.

Both drivers shifted up to 5th. The RX-14's acceleration increased as back-fire came from the exhaust. It was pulling away again

The end of the straight was near and a right hairpin was coming up. The RX-14 and the 560SX both took the outside lane again. The two cars braked, downshifted to 4th, took the inside of the corner and took the outside lane again before exiting the corner. Both drivers shifted up to 5th. More fuel ignited on the exhaust of the high-powered RX-14 as it began to pull away from the 560SX again.

An S-turn consisting of two left 90' turns was next. Both cars took the outside lane. The driver of the RX-14 braked hard and downshifted to 4th while the driver of the 560SX lightly tapped the brakes. The RX-14 hugged the inside of the turn while the 560SX gripped through the outside of the turn. Hakiya downshifted to 4th near the exit.

The two cars had cleared the first half of the S-turn. The 560SX was now on the right-lane while the RX-14 was on the left. Hakiya let his foot off the gas and shifted down to 4th while the RX-14's driver lightly tapped on the brakes. The 560SX began to catch up to the RX-14 but it began doing a braking drift through the corner, preventing Hakiya from overtaking.

Damnit!

The two cars were both on the right lane on exiting the previous corner. The RX-14's driver shifted down to 3rd. A left hairpin was coming up. Both drivers let their feet off the gas, steered in, gripped the inside of the turn and shifted down on exit.

A left turn came up. Both drivers steered into the outside lane, steered into the corner and gripped to the inside of it. The next corners were a right V-turn, a left V-turn, another right V-turn and a 90' left turn. Both cars stayed to the inside of each turn.

On the curved straight that followed, both drivers shifted up. The RX-14 began to pull away again. A few seconds later, both drivers shifted up again. The RX-14's acceleration increased again. At the end of the straight was a left hairpin. The two cars took the right lane, braked hard, shifted down and seeing as their tyres were running out of grip, they drifted through this turn. The two cars went into the inside of the turn on exit. Both drivers shifted down.

The RX-14 was still pulling away. A right 90' turn was next. The RX-14 braked, steered in and drifted through the corner. The 560SX, which was some distance behind, did the same. As soon as the 560SX cleared the corner, Hakiya saw that the RX-14 was no longer there. . .
Taku_E70
Posted: Nov 29 2006, 04:09 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 6,100

Really should describe these futuristic cars. Would be awsome what it turns out to be.

Woo Ricers
Meteor
  Posted: Dec 28 2006, 03:06 AM

Next chapter's coming up soon, if you think it's good enough to be continued.
chargerSRT8
Posted: May 1 2007, 10:10 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 24,220

Please continue the story! It's good enough to be continued!

3 Pages  1 2 3