Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Dave Simon - I Need Your Love

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 21,924  ·  Replies: 69 
> Inital D Arcade Stage 4 BREAK!, ID4.1 gets a name
editor
  Posted: Jan 4 2008, 09:03 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,435

You all may have seen my topic, that was moved to Events about rumors of a new update version of ID4.

user posted image

The game has been given an official name, and the web site (see the topic) has been updated with the three new cars and tracks.

My typo about new 'Cards' has turned out to be true as the game will get special ID4.1 cards (very slight change and old cards can be used on the machines.

All the best,
razorsuKe
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 09:07 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 12,243

I think you have access to create topics in this sub-forum smile.gif

Good news reporting!
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
BDDEE@
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 10:25 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

when you say 3 new cars and tracks...you do mean 3 tracks right, we all know japs get the mx5 altezza and rx8...but new tracks?
cuz...ya know i was just glancing over the IR for it...and there isnt any new tracks on there...just same akina lake myogi akagi akina iro and tsukuba
version was named and confirmed a while ago also
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 11:04 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

I see the three new cars (well, at least for them since we had access to these three in our versions).

But i dont see any info on new tracks on the official Sega page (thru that Google translate link you put up)
editor
  Posted: Jan 4 2008, 11:06 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (BDDEE@ @ Today at 10:25 AM)
when you say 3 new cars and tracks...you do mean 3 tracks right, we all know japs get the mx5 altezza and rx8...but new tracks?
cuz...ya know i was just glancing over the IR for it...

I am typing this from a web server unit so forgive the bad texting - when I said tracks, obviously I mean courses. Though after reading your reply, I see that you knew what I meant.

QUOTE (BDDEE@ @ Today at 10:25 AM)
...just same akina lake myogi akagi akina iro and tsukuba
version was named and confirmed a while ago also

I have just done a quick search of this site and find NOWHERE the new name 'Initial D Arcade Stage 4 BREAK' referred to any where. The only topic that talks about a new update is the one I started and was moved here!!

Please point me to this topic with the version and name confirmed!? I try and keep the fans updated on the AC news, but if I am wasting my time just let me now and you can have the site all to yourself!

The source that gave us the original steer to the new update version still stands by new courses - that means modifications or totally new courses I don't know, but as he was right on the update I am willing to still given him the benefit on the new courses. okay?

This post has been edited by editor on Jan 4 2008, 11:15 AM
KTX
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 03:28 PM

The Silver Panda

Member No.: 20,369

QUOTE (editor @ Today at 9:03 AM)
My typo about new 'Cards' has turned out to be true as the game will get special ID4.1 cards (very slight change and old cards can be used on the machines.

All the best,

Man, I hope our old cards can be transfered, if they decide to bring this new iteration overseas. It would suck to have to buy completely new cards.
toookoooldrew118
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 06:32 PM

Project Legacy Captain

Member No.: 25,395

do u happen to know what the new tracks are
brian mayhem
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 06:44 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 13,958

From my understanding, there are no new tracks. However, the logical choices for such tracks would be:
  • Momiji Lane
  • Siona
  • An adaptation of Shin Usui
  • Or a Pass taken out of the game that was in Version 3.
However, editor did say that an adaptation of courses might be in store. We'll just have to tune in and see what develops from this insightful information.

Kudos to you, editor.

This post has been edited by GC8Vdrifter on Jan 4 2008, 06:45 PM
BDDEE@
Posted: Jan 4 2008, 07:27 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (editor @ Today at 5:06 AM)

I am typing this from a web server unit so forgive the bad texting - when I said tracks, obviously I mean courses. Though after reading your reply, I see that you knew what I meant.

I have just done a quick search of this site and find NOWHERE the new name 'Initial D Arcade Stage 4 BREAK' referred to any where. The only topic that talks about a new update is the one I started and was moved here!!

Please point me to this topic with the version and name confirmed!? I try and keep the fans updated on the AC news, but if I am wasting my time just let me now and you can have the site all to yourself!

The source that gave us the original steer to the new update version still stands by new courses - that means modifications or totally new courses I don't know, but as he was right on the update I am willing to still given him the benefit on the new courses. okay?

by tracks i also meant courses... on the internet record for the new version there is no sign of any new courses being added to the game
and when i heard about it the name it wasnt in english ... labeled as AS4 kai, i just automatically figured this meant break in english because i cant read japanese
but yeah it was on testing late last year japan wide, but back then it was called the 1.5 patch...every machine was put on 1.5 for a week or so for testing to see how well it went
and no one bothered to make a topic...just random posts here and there because it is supposed to be released in february or something
editor
  Posted: Jan 5 2008, 05:34 AM

IDW Expert Member

Have to correct you there:

- The 1.5 update (again we where one of the first to report it) was purely a ALL.NET update, the new cars were not included at that time, and was house keeping actually installed on ID.Net units (majority of machines in Japan - though the basis of the international release).

- You had said in your complaint about this topic that "..version was named and confirmed a while ago.." but now your saying "...no one bothered to make a topic"!!? That is just plain wrong, especially as I added a topic on the new update in the forum, even after it was moved.

You can now understand the reason why I get so bent-out of shape about revisionist changes to the forum that remove who started a topic. I wanted to avoid posts such as this. Its easy to first say "everyone new that it was confirmed awhile ago", then change to "everyone knew but did not bother", and I am sure will end with "everyone thinks it dose not matter!" When someone claims the majority I always get worried.

To those that sent personal email, thanks for the comments and support of my AC news - I know how hard it is to get arcade information - we are lucky to actually work in the industry and like to pass on what we get. To the rest, lets just talk about the news and stop the nonsense and ego.
BDDEE@
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 06:17 AM

IDW Goldmember

well
- The 1.5 update (again we where one of the first to report it) was purely a ALL.NET update, the new cars were not included at that time, and was house keeping actually installed on ID.Net units (majority of machines in Japan - though the basis of the international release).

- 1.5 update... the new cars were included in the test version, there is video proof of this on youtube - here rx8 on tsukuba played by a japanese player in tsunderacing team http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT96WNBB7Lw

- i understand it was merely a ALL.NET update, the test was anyway, from what i remember was sposed to be a february release

- and i dont remember you posting anything about the 1.5 patch...to be honest the first i ever saw of it on this forum was when i posted it https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=32168&hl=1\.5

- You had said in your complaint about this topic that "..version was named and confirmed a while ago.." but now your saying "...no one bothered to make a topic"!!? That is just plain wrong, especially as I added a topic on the new update in the forum, even after it was moved.

- i never said "everyone knew that it was confirmed awhile ago" or "everyone knew but did not bother" ... the basis of what i said is from me looking at the japanese website and seeing the upgrade thingo, i never mentioned once that everyone knew about it

basically what i posted back in october is pratically what we have seen now, back then it was 1.5 patch and now its whatever its called now
cuz basically all thats been proven it does is add the 3 cars japan didnt have that we did, ability to change the BGM and get rid of the PC glitch technique
even the IR that is set up for it hasnt got any new courses listed... so whether they update the IR for it and add the new courses we shall see wink2.gif
oh and btw...i wasnt complaining, sorry you saw it that way

editor
  Posted: Jan 6 2008, 05:03 AM

IDW Expert Member

Sorry I came over so hard-ass.

I have looked over your comments and agree - to be honest I am busy on getting ready for the next big arcade show, and so will just back out of this topic till I play ID4B at AOU.

You have to understand that I am a little touchy on giving information to forums. I have had a number of occasions where I break some news, only for the younger members to BS it, only to then vanish when the information is confirmed. I love those that bad mouth our e-news service claiming it is fake only to try and edit their original post when they find out how big it really is in the trade.

Also I have noticed that news we break on the ID4 forum is used by others, claiming it as their own on other forum sites - especially my MT3 info?

This just fumes me; so I am a little brittle to allegations. The arcade industry is a closed shop, and I know that a lot of fans hate it that some people get information on amusement excluding them. The big arcade show next month a case in point, I know some would kill to get in and would rather sulk or BS information than admit the reality (I also forget the age differences of some members).

Again, thanks for your measured and informative reply, and hope to have more on the game changes after next week.
Odie
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 06:24 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 17,323

It is still on location testing and according to news that I have obtained from Japan, all the penalty and understeer cancel has been removed.

Cornering with brakes will be very much like Version 3 style but with an IN-IN-OUT line.

One thing I didn't find out is if the "penalty acceleration is still there" but with the cancels removed, I hope they also got rid of the darn "slowdown" too.
toookoooldrew118
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 08:10 PM

Project Legacy Captain

QUOTE (Odie @ Today at 7:24 PM)
It is still on location testing and according to news that I have obtained from Japan, all the penalty and understeer cancel has been removed.

Cornering with brakes will be very much like Version 3 style but with an IN-IN-OUT line.

One thing I didn't find out is if the "penalty acceleration is still there" but with the cancels removed, I hope they also got rid of the darn "slowdown" too.

i hope if u hit a wall u lose speed but no penalty after
BDDEE@
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 03:36 AM

IDW Goldmember

more colors available for cars now....change to any color, or something like that
Cowman715
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 04:55 AM

The only Miata driver around

Member No.: 14,640

A Trueno with more then white, gray, or red?

Hmmm....
BDDEE@
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 05:44 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Cowman715 @ Today at 10:55 PM)
A Trueno with more then white, gray, or red?

Hmmm....

i believe so
ユウキSR@ And, all painting of the car becomes possible.

My AE86 is a pink color. haha^^

2008-01-07 22:31

so ... new features... someone should start a list xD
from what i gathered so far
- new colours
- bgm change
- no PC which does mean braking on corners ... an actual use for the brakes grin2.gif grin2.gif grin2.gif
- new courses (according to editors person friend guy however its still not in test version so unconfirmed for now)
- and japan players get the missing cars NA6CE, SXE10, and SE3P
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 05:50 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 26,858

aiks...i jus get used to the game and now don wan the PC physics again?die la...i never play id3 and id2 before....r they using back of id3 methods?
BDDEE@
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 06:57 AM

IDW Goldmember

no
still require in in out line
just brake to cancel understeer and all that shit so you get no penalty
from what i have gathered anyway
toookoooldrew118
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 04:50 PM

Project Legacy Captain

if pc is eliminated what will become of the ID4 online rankings. without pc can a faster time really be acheived.
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 07:17 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE (toookoooldrew118 @ Today at 8:50 AM)
if pc is eliminated what will become of the ID4 online rankings. without pc can a faster time really be acheived.

The Japanese version rankings currently are being split. No idea if are they gonna stay that way or will the new version ranking replaces the old one when it is officially released.
BDDEE@
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 07:35 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (toookoooldrew118 @ Today at 10:50 AM)

on most courses....no
but, irohazaka DH is already at 2'42 ohmy.gif .. how the f**k its possible i dont know
unless theres like no wall penalty or some shit ...
Fuzz
Posted: Jan 9 2008, 02:04 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,618

I think the new times will replace the existing one, thats wat happened when 1.1 and 1.2 came out.
?wha?
Posted: Jan 9 2008, 02:35 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

I think wall rape yes... no fking way it is possible to get 2'42 without it.

hmmm retired for 3 months tongue.gif should get back into it

*looks at massive stash of cash*

maybe not that fast biggrin.gif
crow
Posted: Jan 10 2008, 08:26 AM

IDW Birdie

Member No.: 25,324

oh no new cards, how about the auras?

3 Pages  1 2 3