Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Mickey B. - Take Me Baby

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,081  ·  Replies: 8 
> Fifth and Final Stage BDs announced
Seri
  Posted: Mar 5 2015, 07:13 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

YOUTUBE ( http://youtu.be/NMUB_fuaXAU )

This popped up in my YouTube feed.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Perry
Posted: Mar 5 2015, 07:26 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

I don't know if that's the real BD source in this promo, but it looks bad. We'll find out soon.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1272 x 700. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted: Mar 5 2015, 08:50 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Only in today's world would we want to spend money on crushing disappointment in higher resolution. awesome.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
goseiba525
Posted: Mar 5 2015, 09:01 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,533

It's just a low resolution and interlaced PV.
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 7 2015, 01:23 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 12:50 AM)
Only in today's world would we want to spend money on crushing disappointment in higher resolution. awesome.gif

Although I will readily admit that Fifth Stage was pretty bad, at least Final Stage was an improvement (except for those obvious moments where they re-used scenes in the first two episodes of Final Stage) and gave us at least an epilogue unlike the manga.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 7 2015, 01:39 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (goseiba525 @ Mar 5 2015, 10:01 PM)
It's just a low resolution and interlaced PV.

The issue is with where the PV comes from. If it's an official PV on the official channel and is interlaced, it's further proof that the production company is completely and utterly retarded. YouTube is a digital medium and as such has no support for deinterlacing. It's a fully progressive digital medium. There is no reason to produce interlaced content for digital distribution.

If, however, this is a PV that aired on television and then was re-uploaded to YouTube by a third party, it's merely proof that the third party doesn't know what deinterlacing is.

Considering how garbage Initial D has looked thusfar, I'm not going to hold my breath for even a second. These are the same people who letterboxed Third Stage and Fourth Stage. And called upscaling First Stage a 'remaster'.
goseiba525
Posted: Mar 26 2015, 08:05 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 39,533

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Mar 8 2015, 05:39 AM)
The issue is with where the PV comes from. If it's an official PV on the official channel and is interlaced, it's further proof that the production company is completely and utterly retarded. YouTube is a digital medium and as such has no support for deinterlacing. It's a fully progressive digital medium. There is no reason to produce interlaced content for digital distribution.

If, however, this is a PV that aired on television and then was re-uploaded to YouTube by a third party, it's merely proof that the third party doesn't know what deinterlacing is.

Considering how garbage Initial D has looked thusfar, I'm not going to hold my breath for even a second. These are the same people who letterboxed Third Stage and Fourth Stage. And called upscaling First Stage a 'remaster'.

You are right.
BDBOX3 is stupid MBAFF(interlaced).
What an idiotic production company.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 26 2015, 10:07 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Avex, ladies and gentlemen.
shagamu
Posted: Apr 21 2015, 11:08 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,334

QUOTE (goseiba525 @ Mar 26 2015, 08:05 PM)
You are right.
BDBOX3 is stupid MBAFF(interlaced).
What an idiotic production company.

Despite being interlaced, the video looks pretty good to me. There are some shots in the OP (like the logo flying towards the camera) that were clearly done in a higher frame rate than 24fps, so encoding the video in 1080p would make them look jerky.

I wish the previous Stages looked half as good as Fifth and Final Stage do on BD. Even Third Stage, which is the only one that appears to have gotten a proper HD remaster instead of a smeary upscale, looks softer than it should due to the excessive DNR.

This post has been edited by shagamu on Apr 21 2015, 11:10 AM