Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Symbol - Forever Love Me

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,189  ·  Replies: 7 
> Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE, June 2016
Rain197
  Posted: May 7 2016, 06:15 AM

euro☆neko

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,553

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is now Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

The game takes place in Tokyo, following the lives of the young members of the Fortuna Entertainment talent agency. These youths become "Mirage Masters", who have the power to merge with Mirages, souls of warriors from another world, such as Chrom. While some Mirages are kind-hearted and help out the Mirage Masters, others seek to cause chaos and draw power from the emotions of innocent people, and it is up to the Mirage Masters to stop them.

Trailer :
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHkhJ1LvtkM )

Editions :
USA - Simple (or Digital Code)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1050 x 1500. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

USA - Special Edition
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1500 x 1281. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

contains :
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1500 x 970. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Europe - Fortissimo Edition
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1188 x 1500. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

contains :
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1500 x 739. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Both Fortissimo Edition and Special Edition have the same content ! (and both currently unavailable)
Seri
Posted: May 7 2016, 01:53 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

I managed to get a hold of a Special Edition. tongue.gif

user posted image

It's basically just Persona, so I'm excited either way.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 7 2016, 07:55 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

US version is apparently unnecessarily censored, with one scene in particular supposedly being altered so much that they bothered to record entirely new audio of the Japanese VAs to sync with the new context of the scene.

As someone who hasn't played it I cannot speak to the authenticity of this claim, but the fact that the two completely different scenes exist is true.

It's also true that in the US version, they added plasma effects to one particularly busty boss's bust in order to, well, obscure said bust. That's child's play to do, however, and isn't anywhere near the level of complexity in terms of time and money spent to create a new scene that would only be used for a single market.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: May 7 2016, 08:07 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

It's kind of sad that the only reason I know of this game is because it's gotten censored for release in the West (a gaming news site I went to has been complaining about it being censored for a while). sad.gif
Seri
Posted: May 7 2016, 08:09 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 13 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
US version is apparently unnecessarily censored, with one scene in particular supposedly being altered so much that they bothered to record entirely new audio of the Japanese VAs to sync with the new context of the scene.

I haven't heard anything about this, actually. I heard it was censored, but I thought it was more Nintendo's brand of censorship, instead of completely redoing a scene.

I'm interested to see if it ends up being true.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
BOZZ
Posted: May 7 2016, 08:42 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Seri @ 33 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
I haven't heard anything about this, actually. I heard it was censored, but I thought it was more Nintendo's brand of censorship, instead of completely redoing a scene.

I'm interested to see if it ends up being true.

It's not like the changes are game breaking, but they are sort of what you expect from a somewhat conservative company like Nintendo:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Footage from PAX East Appears to Confirm More Changes for the West
Shirogane
Posted: May 7 2016, 11:15 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

Having played both Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem titles, I'm getting the distinct feeling that this... Crossover thing? Is going to be absolute shit. I'll keep my eye on updates, though.
Rain197
  Posted: May 8 2016, 03:37 AM

euro☆neko

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,553

Still unavailable in France, hope to get it. I think it will become rare dry.gif

This post has been edited by Rain197 on May 8 2016, 03:37 AM