Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Derreck Simons - Station to Station (B4 ZA Beat Remix)

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,814  ·  Replies: 11 
> Battlefield 1, Coming October 2016
APX
  Posted: May 6 2016, 12:45 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,473

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ )

Discover classic Battlefield gameplay with epic multiplayer and an adventure-filled campaign. Experience the Dawn of All-Out War, Only in Battlefield 1.

Battlefield 1 will be available from Oct 21st, 2016 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

DAAAMMMNNNN. Come on, who was not somewhat impressed by this trailer? I'm more than happy to play this game, and i think i'm about to pre-order this baby... dare I say, get the deluxe or whatever with the season pass?

I'm just expecting the typical EA server issue on the first day, so I know what to be ready for. But man, those dog fights? The chemical warfare, I wonder how long and how wide the area will be if tanks/planes/soldiers throw it.
Tessou
Posted: May 6 2016, 01:02 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I'm expecting it to be another "we have to beat COD" pissing contest between EA and Activision as they are doing every year. There has yet to be another timeless shooter like BF2, because it's a sales competition instead of a company taking their time to create something truly special. I wasn't on board with BF4 after seeing the "landmark" BF3 that scaled so much back just to enact a shelf war with Activision. I won't be on board with this even if they're going back in time for the setting while Activision goes further into the future with CODIW.

There are better shooters out there. Eating up the mainstream pick of the year is always a financial loss for the consumer within a few months, because something else will have come out to draw your attention away and you'll never play it again.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
APX
  Posted: May 6 2016, 01:10 PM

What's the better shooter out there? I've yet to see one that still gets many players on as Battlefield 4 an previous titles.
Tessou
Posted: May 6 2016, 01:13 PM

Group Icon

Any decent PC title. BF is now primarily a console-driven franchise.
APX
  Posted: May 6 2016, 01:19 PM

And those names are? We have Counter STrike, so that's not a better shooter, unless we wanna count the random asian/russian rip offs they have as well.

And if the BF franchise was a console driven thing, we would have gotten battlefield heroes, or etc for it. The PC community of the BF Franchise is what's driving this machine, because i'm pretty sure if they didn't listen to 'us' we would gotten another battlefield 2142 for the consoles.

GunZ is what I would call a 'decent' shooter, but that's years and years old, I guess Unreal Tournament/Quake games would be there.

But then again, I haven't played a PC game in awhile, all the 'hot' titles out there are just DoTA driven clones.

But either way, Excited for this game, i'll be getting it, playing with the old school BF buddies, already got one whos ready! I feel young again lol.
Tessou
Posted: May 6 2016, 01:21 PM

Group Icon

ARMA. FUCKING. III.

Battlefield became a console-driven franchise as soon as they premiered BF4 at the Xbox One reveal. Heroes was a F2P game just like Battlefield Play4Free and wasn't catered to the core demographic, so it's unfair to use that as proof that it's still on the "PC First" course. That's bullshit. Now that it's focused on quick skirmishes like COD, because it's competing with COD, it is marketed for consoles more than anything else.

Yes, the BF PC versions will have more bells and whistles due to extra horsepower, but major retailers aren't pushing that version. wink2.gif

This post has been edited by Tessou on May 6 2016, 01:27 PM
APX
  Posted: May 6 2016, 01:23 PM

Oh, Day Z. Yeah, guess that counts for a decent game. I enjoy seeing the random videos of them playing the game, or trying to, specially when they wanna get in a vehicle. biggrin.gif
Tessou
Posted: May 6 2016, 01:29 PM

Group Icon

Day Z is an Arma II mod. Arma III is a wholly different beast.
APX
  Posted: May 6 2016, 01:33 PM

That's what it's sorta become, just known as Day Z, but still, enjoy seeing people play it and get confused on the controls.

But I also wonder how the tank warfare will go, let alone the Zeppelins, if it'll be like the AC-130 in the BF 3 expansions, or it's own beast to be controlled. Beta, here I come, whenever that is, summer maybe. biggrin.gif
RalliKai
Posted: May 6 2016, 03:51 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

And here I thought the rumors of a BF title set in WW1 were complete bull.

I'm still waiting for someone to have the balls to put me on the side of the Axis in a WW2 FPS. Now that would be interesting to me.
BOZZ
Posted: May 7 2016, 07:38 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Looks pretty darn good. I'm not much of an FPS guy (if anything I'm more of a TPS fan, especially the Uncharted series), but that looked pretty intriguing, especially since it is set during a war I would've loved to have seen covered before by FPSes, namely World War I, so it's got my interest levels high up.
jbeavis100
Posted: May 12 2016, 01:59 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,847

I've by and large lost interest in main-stream shooters due to my lack of interest in modern weaponry but this has peaked my interest.
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some footage or playing the beta.
If it ends up being good, I'll probably pick it up tbh..