Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Atalanta

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,094  ·  Replies: 7 
> SNES Virtual Console Games for Nintendo 3DS
Smiley_DC2
  Posted: Apr 14 2016, 06:53 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,751

Been waiting for this and I need to test this on my 3DS at home, but the article does state that it's only compatible for the "new" 3DS mad.gif

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/another-b...t/1100-6438851/
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 14 2016, 09:16 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7tNGQgEgSc )

Stay mad, there's a reason why it's only for New 3DS.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 14 2016, 09:31 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Neat that they're releasing classic SNES (am I the only one who is bothered when people pronounce it as a word, when it's an acronym?) titles for the 3DS (they should port them to iOS and Android too), sucks that it seems restricted to newer hardware though.
Tessou
Posted: Apr 15 2016, 07:51 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

You must really despise Jontron, BOZZ. laugh.gif
Phantom_R32
Posted: Apr 15 2016, 08:43 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

Wait.. So, the old 3DS can run a demanding game like Smash Bros, but it can't play SNES games? I was planning on upgrading soon to a New 3DS anyways, but still... That's some horse crap.
Smiley_DC2
  Posted: Apr 17 2016, 01:20 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Member No.: 1,751

So I finally caved and traded up to an XL New 3DS, kept my old one for now so i could to a data transfer then will take it in to have my trade in credit refunded

got some Super Mario World and Super Metroid action going on at the moment. Next on the purchase list will be Link to the Past

Hoping the Megaman X titles come along too!!
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 17 2016, 04:54 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ Apr 15 2016, 12:43 PM)
Wait.. So, the old 3DS can run a demanding game like Smash Bros, but it can't play SNES games? I was planning on upgrading soon to a New 3DS anyways, but still... That's some horse crap.

It's not really a surprise to me since they're probably using software to emulate an SNES (thus needing better hardware). I remember back when Bleem! was an emulator for PC to play PS1 games back in the day, you needed to have a pretty decent computer to be able to play PS1 games decently.

QUOTE (Tessou @ Apr 15 2016, 11:51 AM)
You must really despise Jontron, BOZZ. laugh.gif

Not sure who Jontron is, I am assuming some sort of YouTube personality who pronounces SNES as a word rather than as an acronym. It just bugs the hell out of me when people pronounce it as Se-nes when SNES is an acronym for Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Mind you, I might be a hypocrite since I pronounce the old NES emulator Nesticle as Nest-icle.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Apr 17 2016, 04:55 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 7 2016, 07:56 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ Apr 15 2016, 08:43 AM)

You seem to have a basic misunderstanding of how emulation works. Allow me to edumacate you.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accu...-snes-emulator/