Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing move - Dogfight

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 17,693  ·  Replies: 42 
> [PS4/XBONE] Final Fantasy XV, Release Date 9/30/16
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 3 2016, 04:47 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,607

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Jun 1 2016, 02:25 PM)
I just started re-playing FF VIII after some time, it's addictive (played it for 2 hours straight), just wish, much like FF XII, that the story was better.

Just read some of the new details on FF XV, it has a freaking FLYING car!?

Ohwell, maybe we'll get controllable boats and more ingame songs to listen to in FFXV-2.

Actually replaying VIII. Didn't realize how much I honestly didn't like Rinoa as a character. Also, found an area in Fisherman's Horizon that I always overlooked. Still, FF vs. FF, I thought 9 was overall a better game despite its story flaws towards the end.
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 3 2016, 11:19 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 6 hours, 32 minutes ago)
Ohwell, maybe we'll get controllable boats and more ingame songs to listen to in FFXV-2.

Actually replaying VIII. Didn't realize how much I honestly didn't like Rinoa as a character. Also, found an area in Fisherman's Horizon that I always overlooked. Still, FF vs. FF, I thought 9 was overall a better game despite its story flaws towards the end.

I was kind of surprised that you have a boat in FF XV but it's not controllable. sad.gif

What's the place you overlooked at Fisherman's Horizon (coincidentally I just finished up there atm).
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 3 2016, 12:20 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 1 hour, 0 minutes ago)
I was kind of surprised that you have a boat in FF XV but it's not controllable. sad.gif

What's the place you overlooked at Fisherman's Horizon (coincidentally I just finished up there atm).

The "hidden" store in the section directly to the right of the first screen when you walk on FH, where you find a Timber Maniac's. Feel embarrassed to have owned the game for 16 years and not noticed this store till now.
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 1 2016, 06:26 PM

IDW Goldmember

Have to admit, I'm encouraged by what I'm hearing out there. Though I'm still stuck between picking up XV and The Last Guardian for the holidays. unsure.gif

Seeing this also had me nerding out alittle.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMoO_OSIcKw )
Phantom_R32
Posted: Dec 2 2016, 09:59 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I'm about 32 hours in and only about 1/3 of the way through the game. Safe to say I'm enjoying it. I could be a lot further if I did the story quests one after another, but I spent the first 15-20ish hours just doing side quests, roaming around, fighting monsters and picking up loot. The combat is obviously not your typical FF gameplay, but it's still really fun.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Dec 2 2016, 10:00 PM
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 3 2016, 08:31 AM

IDW Goldmember

What prickles me abit from what I'm hearing is the story isn't well hashed out in the game and you need to watch the FFXV anime and movie to really understand what's going on.
Tessou
Posted: Dec 3 2016, 01:22 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I played about four hours last night, after picking up what is probably the last Deluxe Edition in Iowa.

So far I like it. It's a little clunky with the "you can't control your characters right now for some reason" moments, it's a little aggravating with the amount of menus and lack of explanation for half of them, and the combat takes zen-like focus in order to get combos (warp strikes get insta-punished constantly). However, I love the story, and the graphics, and the characters, and the general freedom you are given to play the game as you want. The game doesn't punish you for messing around and experimenting.

Also, Royal Raiment Noctis? YES.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Phantom_R32
Posted: Dec 3 2016, 09:54 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Yesterday, 12:31 PM)
What prickles me abit from what I'm hearing is the story isn't well hashed out in the game and you need to watch the FFXV anime and movie to really understand what's going on.

The movie honestly doesn't explain THAT much. At least where I'm at in the game. They showed some scenes from the movie towards the beginning of the game to show what went down while Noctis and co were out and about.

As for the Brotherhood anime, it's just for character back stories. Also explains why certain characters have the skills they have in the game, and how Noctis met them. Brotherhood does help you understand some of the small talk conversations in the game. I've encountered one with Prompto that has heavy references to his Brotherhood episode. It doesn't contribute to the main story plot, but it does help to know what they're referring to.

They're both worth the watch if you got some free time.
Tessou
Posted: Dec 3 2016, 11:09 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Yesterday, 12:31 PM)

Not true. Plain and simple, FFXV just doesn't explain much from the start. There is a lore guide in the game, but it doesn't really help. It's bad storytelling getting into the game. A few chapters in, that doesn't matter as it takes off on its own. I won't say it's the best story, but it has some great moments.

Regalia handles for shit. Don't drive unless you have to (which is to say, at night). Have Ignis drive you everywhere during the day.

Fishing kicks ass. I love it.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Dec 7 2016, 09:43 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Ended up beating the game last night. I think the 8/10 scores the game were fair. There were definitely some things that needed to be explained better. Here's to hoping the upcoming DLC covers that.
SPOILER

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Dec 7 2016, 09:45 PM
APX
Posted: Dec 7 2016, 11:03 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

So the game has been out for a week or so and it's already been beaten?

Not sure if I like the sound of that, specially from a RPG game. sad.gif
Seri
  Posted: Dec 8 2016, 06:13 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Hey, some people have no life.

I beat it Sunday, clocking in 35 hours, though I rushed.

The thing is, even after you bear the game, that's only about half the content. Though I'd recommend it more for its charm than it's length.

They've also announced they're going to address some of the more vocal concerns with patches going forward.

SPOILER

Anyway, expect a full review from me soon, since I'm working my wah through the post game content.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
xiao
Posted: Dec 8 2016, 06:56 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

★ My favourite character's Aranea Highwind ~ wub.gif

I really like the way they played with the theme of demons considering when one thinks about a King's enemies ~ there's no other better antagonist.

Also pretty obvious but ~ has anyone mentioned that the King's palace looks exactly like the Japanese Diet building... laugh.gif

--- --- ---

Edit: err... wrong building but you know which one I'm talking about~ XP

Also ~ Roberto Ferrari's awesome...!! user posted image

This post has been edited by xiao on Dec 8 2016, 07:14 AM
Seri
  Posted: Dec 8 2016, 08:09 AM

Group Icon

I'm Team Iris. Just hope Gladio doesn't kill me.

By the way, Phantom.
SPOILER
Tessou
Posted: Dec 9 2016, 04:11 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (APX @ Yesterday, 3:03 AM)
So the game has been out for a week or so and it's already been beaten?

Not sure if I like the sound of that, specially from a RPG game. sad.gif

The game does not throttle you from blazing through the story in about 6 hours if that's what you want to do. You'd me missing out on a ton of content, though.

I'm currently tearing my hair out with all of the goddamn chocobo stuff.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Dec 9 2016, 06:10 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (Seri @ Yesterday, 12:09 PM)
I'm Team Iris. Just hope Gladio doesn't kill me.

By the way, Phantom.
SPOILER

SPOILER

As for how long the story is, I'd say anywhere from 20-25 hours if you wanna skip out on a lot of exploring and other things. I was already at the 30 hour mark during chapter 3. It's easy to get sidetracked from the main story. Thanks to me being sick during my vacation days I had nothing to do besides play FFXV, so I'm pushin' 65+ hours with quite a bit of post game content to do. The game as a whole is quite lengthy.
Seri
  Posted: Dec 9 2016, 06:21 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 11 minutes, 43 seconds ago)
SPOILER

SPOILER

This post has been edited by Seri on Dec 9 2016, 06:22 PM
xiao
  Posted: Dec 9 2016, 06:37 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Seri @ 3 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 15 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Also: I like Prompto better than Zell from FF8 ~ awesome.gif

SPOILER

This post has been edited by xiao on Dec 10 2016, 10:26 AM

2 Pages  1 2