Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - 7Days of Love

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,812  ·  Replies: 34 
> Tom Clancy's The Division
Spaz
  Posted: Feb 25 2016, 09:00 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Did anyone else play with the beta? It was a ton of fun and it looks like there'll be a lot of content, even just in areas to explore alone. I'm excited for this, it needs to be out already.

I'll be picking it up for PS4. I want it for PC but the guys I'll be playing with are likely getting it for PS for the portability of it, since not everyone's PCs can be moved as easily as mine.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
Posted: Feb 25 2016, 01:11 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Siege left a bad taste in my mouth, so I'm sort of leery regarding Tom Clancy titles anymore.

Vegas 2 was the last one I really enjoyed.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
SgtXDNX
Posted: Feb 25 2016, 09:50 PM

Goddamn Electric

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 23,073

Played the hell out of both betas, can't wait for the pubbie safari to begin in earnest again next week. Need to murder my daily dose of shitty Chinese gank squads for those DZ dollars. laugh.gif
Spaz
  Posted: Feb 26 2016, 09:49 AM

Group Icon

I really hope they step up the number of things going on in the DZ... It was frustrating wandering around in the most "savage" area of NYC not finding much going on.

I'm excited for the cross-platform stuff scheduled for later this year. I've been saying for years how easy this would be these days since a number of companies are using a secondary in-game login to access their own servers, which completely nullifies any console-level authentication; it's all done server side. This is a progression that just makes sense from that.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Feb 26 2016, 05:08 PM

Goddamn Electric

Microsoft keep torpedoing that particular boat, maybe they'll finally pull their heads in?

And yeah, there needs to be a lot more NPC encounters in the DZ, the only real threat was the level 5 rogue asshats that kept dropping tons of keys. laugh.gif
Spaz
  Posted: Feb 28 2016, 09:55 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (SgtXDNX @ Feb 26 2016, 08:08 PM)
Microsoft keep torpedoing that particular boat, maybe they'll finally pull their heads in?

And yeah, there needs to be a lot more NPC encounters in the DZ, the only real threat was the level 5 rogue asshats that kept dropping tons of keys. laugh.gif

They keep trying to, but when multiplayer auth is all server side, the only thing they can really do to stop it is cancel the title on their system or remove Ubisoft's rights to their SDK altogether.

And we all know how that'll go for PR.

This is an inevitability eventually.

Plus, it's actually BETTER for business. I wouldn't own a PS4 right now if cross-platform were a thing. Only reason I picked it up was because I needed to play Destiny with my PS buddies. Every game I own for it, I'd have for XBOne instead. It's their loss that my money goes to Sony on certain titles.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Feb 28 2016, 06:03 PM

Goddamn Electric

Not to mention now that the Bone's finally getting Rocket League, it's absolutely ridiculous not to have cross-platform play.
APX
Posted: Mar 9 2016, 09:12 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

How are you people liking it?
I hear there's a bad griefing problem. sad.gif
SgtXDNX
Posted: Mar 9 2016, 05:51 PM

Goddamn Electric

Really? Haven't had any real issues so far outside the DZ, and inside the DZ it's your own fault for going into the DZ, so I'm not sure how there's so many people complaining about griefing. Haven't seen anyone standing in doorways like dickheads (which you can move through anyway) or anything like that, only real problem I've had was a stupid bastard running into one of my grenades in the DZ and marking my entire squad rogue. rant.gif censored2.gif chair.gif

As for the game itself, loving it so far, it's basically just a scaled up version of everything I enjoyed from the beta with a couple extra bits stapled on. Gotta get back into the DZ later and try to unlock all the goodies at the merchants.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1080. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Spaz
  Posted: Mar 9 2016, 10:22 PM

Group Icon

I haven't had a ton of free time recently, but that which I've had has been spent in-game, hence my not being around the forum.

Lvl 18 right now, just waiting for the servers to go back up from maintenance... Why they choose to do that at midnight when people are playing versus 5AM when the aren't I have no idea.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Mar 9 2016, 10:28 PM

Goddamn Electric

Can't complain, gives me time to make dinner and everything before the servers go back up. Gotta get up to 23 so I can actually use that 2400-a-shot AK I found. laugh.gif
Tessou
Posted: Mar 9 2016, 10:58 PM

Group Icon

I get home at 4am usually, so a 5am maintenance time would fuck me over. tongue.gif

BTW you guys and a bunch of youtube and twitch vids got me to buy the Gold Edition.
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Mar 10 2016, 09:58 AM

Unlimited Request Works

Member No.: 18,031

For all the Canadian players.

https://www.fallofcanada.ca/en

The contest itself ended, but check out what the fans think of how various Canadian cities would fare against this "Dollar Bug".
Tessou
Posted: Mar 10 2016, 01:10 PM

Group Icon

Hard mode is amazing. Feels well balanced to challenge players without being unfair. That grenade spam though...
SgtXDNX
Posted: Mar 10 2016, 04:07 PM

Goddamn Electric

Rogue First Wave agents with seeker mines are the true definition of pain at higher levels.
Tessou
Posted: Mar 11 2016, 05:15 PM

Group Icon

God damn, matchmaking is great. I have yet to run into any glory hounds, rambo types, nor afk-ers. Nothing but solid gunners.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Mar 11 2016, 08:39 PM

Goddamn Electric

Really pleasantly surprised at just how good it is for the missions I did through it, even if one of them was this incredibly loud Japanese dude who apparently didn't know how to enable push-to-talk. Mic spam was kind of annoying, but damn if his pulses weren't useful. laugh.gif

I much prefer making buddies in the DZ, though. Had a group of three last night a couple levels lower than us extracting at the Bryant Park EZ and getting stomped by the named enemies, swooped in like a bunch of M14-wielding, grenade-slinging heroes and helped 'em extract. Ended up running around with them for a while, clearing the subway and hunting down a group of rogues on the library roof. Good times. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by SgtXDNX on Mar 11 2016, 08:42 PM
Tessou
Posted: Mar 11 2016, 10:45 PM

Group Icon

I have yet to step into the DZ. My level is juuuust a bit too low.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Mar 11 2016, 10:52 PM

Goddamn Electric

Oh, you're still under 14? Damn.

I'm staying a bee's dick under 30 so that I can farm the 25-29 DZ for a bit, and man oh man, it gets fun as hell up in DZ06. LMB guys with agent abilities (!?) are tough as nails to fight, but goddamn do they drop some good gear. Entire group's stopped picking up anything short of purples. biggrin.gif
APX
Posted: Mar 16 2016, 08:01 AM

Only a level 6 here. sad.gif

GEtting the hang of it, it's a fun game for sure.
Tessou
Posted: Mar 16 2016, 08:06 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (SgtXDNX @ Mar 12 2016, 02:52 AM)
Oh, you're still under 14? Damn.

I'm staying a bee's dick under 30 so that I can farm the 25-29 DZ for a bit, and man oh man, it gets fun as hell up in DZ06. LMB guys with agent abilities (!?) are tough as nails to fight, but goddamn do they drop some good gear. Entire group's stopped picking up anything short of purples. biggrin.gif

My work schedule has me working noon to midnight consistently all week, so I have maybe two hours of free time every day. I just cracked 12 last night. I won't be able to sink my teeth into the game until Friday.
APX
Posted: Mar 16 2016, 09:59 AM

Guess i'll have to play on hard to get better and more loot from what I hear on gamefaqz. Q_Q
Tessou
Posted: Mar 16 2016, 12:14 PM

Group Icon

That or DZ.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Mar 16 2016, 02:59 PM

Goddamn Electric

Speaking of the DZ, survived my first bout of manhunt fuckfuck games last night. Murdered a bunch of blokes who tried to steal our extraction (one of our guys was carrying some high-end gear he had to get out, plus it's a dick move to steal slots), cue us holding a rooftop for five minutes against the pubbie hordes with nothing but sidearms, skills and a bunch of grenades. laugh.gif
Tessou
Posted: Mar 16 2016, 08:18 PM

Group Icon

Every fucking time I call for extraction, the pubs pop out of nowhere and typically shoot me in the face thinking I'm rogue as I do jumping jacks.

2 Pages  1 2