Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Voice of S30Z

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,017  ·  Replies: 72 
> Final Fantasy VII Remake, Because it's about time.
Seri
  Posted: Dec 30 2015, 07:44 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Still harder than FFVIII. awesome.gif whistling.gif crying2.gif facepalm.gif

Still think it needs a remake the most. And then maybe VI.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
Posted: Dec 30 2015, 07:47 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I don't think any FF is harder than VIII with everybody at max level. Thanks, devs! You fucked up an otherwise perfect game!

VI needs to be preserved as it is. Any remake would tarnish it.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Seri
  Posted: Dec 30 2015, 08:12 PM

Group Icon

Well, for a normal player. I've played it at least a few dozen times that I've learned that I can break it at will.

Anyway, I guess you're right about VI, you can play the original on literally everything at this point, so may as well leave it as it.
Tessou
Posted: Dec 30 2015, 09:08 PM

Group Icon

A remake of VI would come with modern SquareEnix bullshit. Bishonen characters and jpop.

Speaking of garbage, let's not forget that FFVII Remake will mean slogging through Cloud's amnesia/schizophrenia sequences over and over and over again.

Cue the rabid fanboys cutting themselves because gaaaaaargh this story is so REAAAALLLLL! THESE ARE DEEP CUTS BRO!
user posted image

This post has been edited by Tessou on Dec 31 2015, 01:32 AM
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 31 2015, 05:50 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,607

I simply avoid leveling up my characters in VIII, atleast past 30. Makes getting through the game abit easier. awesome.gif

I'm conflicted on a VI remake. I love the original and would rather keep it stain free. That said, if they proposed a remake such as they did with IV and keeping it on handhelds, I'd support it.
Seri
  Posted: Dec 31 2015, 03:18 PM

Group Icon

Not FFVII, but too lazy to make another thread.

FFIX for PC and smartphones confirmed.

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/4oDeSJI0qJc )
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 31 2015, 08:38 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Man, I guess Square is in dire straights and need that extra funding to finish the FF VII remake and FF XV. biggrin.gif

FF VIII was hard? Besides that extra boss in the final castle I didn't find it hard at all...

As for a FF VI remake, if they do a good job like they did with the FF III and IV remakes a few years back (besides maybe that FF IV sequel - btw I played that on the Wii when it came out in episode form, that game was kinda hard) then it'd be great, otherwise I won't complain if they don't remake VI.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Dec 31 2015, 08:41 PM
Seri
  Posted: Dec 31 2015, 08:58 PM

Group Icon

Well, FFVIII's enemies scale with the player's level, so the higher your level, the higher level the enemy will be. And considering most of your stats come from junctions, the enemies will make the most of it, and become powerful while you stay about the same as you would at at lower levels.
Tessou
Posted: Dec 31 2015, 09:07 PM

Group Icon

Exactly. Anybody can run VIII at level 50. Try 99 some time. The enemy steamrolls you like you're made of paper and takes damage like Ivan Drago.
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 31 2015, 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ 9 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
Well, FFVIII's enemies scale with the player's level, so the higher your level, the higher level the enemy will be. And considering most of your stats come from junctions, the enemies will make the most of it, and become powerful while you stay about the same as you would at at lower levels.

Now that I think about it, the only place I found challenging were those two islands where you would go draw stuff like Aura, I think they were, funny enough, called the Island closest to Hell and the Island closest to Heaven.

It was a pretty good game though, just wasn't too crazy about the way things developed between Rinoa and Squall, it felt like their relationship just developed way too quickly IMO.
Seri
  Posted: Dec 31 2015, 09:24 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 17 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
Now that I think about it, the only place I found challenging were those two islands where you would go draw stuff like Aura, I think they were, funny enough, called the Island closest to Hell and the Island closest to Heaven.

It was a pretty good game though, just wasn't too crazy about the way things developed between Rinoa and Squall, it felt like their relationship just developed way too quickly IMO.

Yes, because the one thing those islands and Omega Weapon have in common is that they're all level 100. (Except Omega on PC, but whatever.) Now imagine all the enemies in the game like that.

I have the biggest bias for VIII, and am willing to look past the story, but man that battle system is broken.
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 31 2015, 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ 5 minutes, 10 seconds ago)
Yes, because the one thing those islands and Omega Weapon have in common is that they're all level 100. (Except Omega on PC, but whatever.) Now imagine all the enemies in the game like that.

I have the biggest bias for VIII, and am willing to look past the story, but man that battle system is broken.

Hmmm, I was about to say besides those places and Omega Weapon, I had no problems, except I remembered that in Ultimecia's castle all your abilities are locked until you beat those bosses in her castle, they were tough.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Dec 31 2015, 09:38 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 08:40 AM

So a few days ago the original director of FF VII (and currently producer of the remake) spoke about the whole episodic nature of the release of the remake. In his comments he mentions that the release of the remake will be somewhat like Final Fantasy XIII where it was released as 3 separate games.

It's still a little confusing as to what they'll do in the remake, the guy does say that nothing is untouchable in terms of making changes in the game, but I hope they'll do a good job and make this far better than the original (if that's even possible!).
Tessou
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 08:58 AM

Group Icon

Yeah, it's possible. Cut the brooding Cloud/Sephiroth self-cutting session that is half of the "plot". Write a better script.

Make the super bosses harder to beat. Emerald is a pussy with a few specific items (and/or 7777). Ruby is easy if you exploit the 7777 "feature". Add some more hidden super bosses. There's a ton of gemstone elements they didn't use to name the WEAPONs, so have at it.

Fix the bugs. FFVII was riddled with ways to fuck it up.
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 6 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
Yeah, it's possible. Cut the brooding Cloud/Sephiroth self-cutting session that is half of the "plot". Write a better script.

Make the super bosses harder to beat. Emerald is a pussy with a few specific items (and/or 7777). Ruby is easy if you exploit the 7777 "feature". Add some more hidden super bosses. There's a ton of gemstone elements they didn't use to name the WEAPONs, so have at it.

Fix the bugs. FFVII was riddled with ways to fuck it up.

Heh, you're suggesting they make a completely new game ha ha... The Cloud/Sephiroth bit is seemingly a huge part of the plot ha ha...

That does get me thinking, would they incorporate more stuff from games like Crisis Core and expand the back story with Zack and Avalanche?
Tessou
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 09:12 AM

Group Icon

They could easily retool the Cloud/Sephiroth story into something more compelling and non-cliche than what they presented in 1997. I did say cut it, true. I think a rewrite would be a better term to use.
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 09:21 AM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 9 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
They could easily retool the Cloud/Sephiroth story into something more compelling and non-cliche than what they presented in 1997. I did say cut it, true. I think a rewrite would be a better term to use.

Hmmm... I wonder how they could re-tool or rewrite it without changing too much, to be honest I actually enjoyed the bit with Cloud/Sephiroth for the most part and seeing how Cloud came to be the way he did with the fallout of the events of Nibelheim.

The only thing I'd definitely want to see re-tooled is post-FF VII events, since by the end of FF VII it seemed as though Cloud was mentally okay and he was doing okay, yet 2 years later in Advent Children he's brooding and being hard on himself for not saving Aerith.
Tessou
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 10:17 AM

Group Icon

They made him a brooding character because that's what fans buy into: he's the archetypal brooding, constantly unhappy protagonist that cries about the girl he couldn't get because she was too busy saving the planet, and pushes away the girl that throws herself at him and does everything for him. He's a pessimist douchebag that lied his way into Avalanche.
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 10:34 AM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 16 minutes, 54 seconds ago)
They made him a brooding character because that's what fans buy into: he's the archetypal brooding, constantly unhappy protagonist that cries about the girl he couldn't get because she was too busy saving the planet, and pushes away the girl that throws herself at him and does everything for him. He's a pessimist douchebag that lied his way into Avalanche.

The thing is I don't have a problem with him being that way in the game because of stuff that did happen to him, but I do have a problem when they completely do a 180° after he seems to have overcome his personal demons and revert back to a brooding type of individual.

As for him joining Avalanche, unless I am remembering a different game, didn't he join Avalanche because Tifa was pushing him to? I remember there being a scene later in the game where Tifa comes across Cloud at the train station not too long after the events outside of Midgar where Zack died and how his mental state was pretty messed up - eventually leading to Zack's memories Cloud's own aspirations of what a Soldier - First Class would act like overwriting Cloud pretty much. I guess you could say he lied his way into Avalanche, but it wasn't really a fully conscious thing since he was mentally messed up.

Either way, it is definitely a game that needs touch ups here and there.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Apr 8 2016, 10:35 AM
Tessou
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 11:11 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 37 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
The thing is I don't have a problem with him being that way in the game because of stuff that did happen to him, but I do have a problem when they completely do a 180° after he seems to have overcome his personal demons and revert back to a brooding type of individual.

It's a 180 because the geostigma from Advent Children is partly a result of his own actions, and so he feels the guilt. It's not like Sephiroth is around to take the blame.
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 8 2016, 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 8 hours, 44 minutes ago)
It's a 180 because the geostigma from Advent Children is partly a result of his own actions, and so he feels the guilt. It's not like Sephiroth is around to take the blame.

That geostigma stuff was such a copy out ha ha... Well at least Advent Children turned out far better than Square's previous attempt at a Final Fantasy feature length film...

As much of a fan I am of Final Fantasy, I've only ever watched The Spirits Within once and that was the night it opened and I watched with my buddies in the theatre. For some unknown reason I bought it on Blu Ray and have never quite been able to watch it all the way through, I just pass out from bordeom midway through the movie.
RalliKai
Posted: Apr 9 2016, 06:49 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Bought the Spirits Within on DVD way back when it first came out. Watched it once or twice and eventually traded it in. laugh2.gif

As for FFVII. I doubt it'll happen but I would love to see Sapphire Weapon made into some kind of boss fight. He was lost too soon, what with the whole getting his head blown clean off by the Junon Canon. sad.gif
Tessou
Posted: Apr 9 2016, 11:11 AM

Group Icon

Use revive materia to resurrect Sapphire instead of not reviving Aerith? Please add this feature!

3 Pages  1 2 3