Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) THE SHADOW

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,019  ·  Replies: 72 
> Final Fantasy VII Remake, Because it's about time.
xiao
Posted: Dec 10 2015, 10:32 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 50 minutes ago)
Removing chocobo racing would fuck the game up.

Best BGM in the game... NEIN... best BGM in the World... NO SENOR... best BGM EVER!!1 apxrock.gif

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG7yuQ9MQ2s )

Also, I hope this means more Cactuar plushies/keychains~ biggrin.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 11 2015, 05:51 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,607

Bring back the Pocketstation. Do it Sony! cool.gif
user posted image

Actually, I remember there was an FF8 application for this aswell from a PSX mag way back.

Also, awesome.gif on that BGM video.
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 11 2015, 01:11 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Tessou @ Dec 7 2015, 05:09 AM)
The numerals were in response to Alastair using the same incorrect numerals.

1. I'll bet 4-5 huge "chapters".
2. Initial price $20, everything else $10-15 each, guessing.

Still nothing concrete from Square Enix about the chapters or what have you, but lately they've commented that each "chapter" has a full game's worth of content, hopefully that doesn't mean they'd price it accordingly and have it be $60 per chapter.
Tessou
Posted: Dec 14 2015, 01:29 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

A sort-of explanation on why FFVII Remake is multi-part.

They say to make the game they want, it will have to be released in parts.

I wouldn't be surprised if you pay full freight for the first part, with the rest of the parts as "updates" for free.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 14 2015, 11:51 PM

What'll be interesting is if they make changes to the ending of FF VII considering how it ended and the Compilation of FF VII stuff.
xiao
Posted: Dec 15 2015, 12:19 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 27 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
What'll be interesting is if they make changes to the ending of FF VII considering how it ended and the Compilation of FF VII stuff.

Dirge of Cerebro needs a HD remake really bad... aside from the flac everyone gave it, I sort of enjoyed it. XD

Aside from Sephirosu~ Vincent's probably my favourite male character... Yuffie being my number one though. biggrin.gif But yeah, hopefully it's not the end of the 7 brand. As the landmark 3D game of the FF franchise, I'm still uber nostalgic with the whole world. happy.gif

Also, Nyan~Cat PocketStation is mad love Kai!! Never knew it was possible!? laugh.gif
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 15 2015, 01:54 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (xiao_la @ Today, 3:19 AM)
Aside from Sephirosu~ Vincent's probably my favourite male character... Yuffie being my number one though. biggrin.gif But yeah, hopefully it's not the end of the 7 brand. As the landmark 3D game of the FF franchise, I'm still uber nostalgic with the whole world. happy.gif

Also, Nyan~Cat PocketStation is mad love Kai!! Never knew it was possible!? laugh.gif

To be honest, I'd rather they just let VII rest for good and move on. Granted, I've not been a fan of the direction the franchise has gone since FFX but still want to give new titles like FFXV the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Square Enix can bring back that spark in the series that got me into it in the first place.

Also, I still want a remake of FFVI like what they did with IV on the DS.
Tessou
Posted: Dec 15 2015, 02:04 PM

Group Icon

Remake VIII. Fix the broken shit and you'll have a perfect game.
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 15 2015, 05:06 PM

IDW Goldmember

I loved VIII. Atleast the first half. I didn't care for the junction system at all when I first played the game but it grew on me as I got older. If they tweak the story to give the supporting cast each their own unique backstory instead of the whole "we're all conveniently from the same orphanage." I'd like a remake then.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Dec 15 2015, 05:06 PM
Seri
  Posted: Dec 15 2015, 06:00 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

I'm extremely biased (VIII was my first of the series and still my favorite) but it should definitely get a remake.
jbeavis100
Posted: Dec 15 2015, 11:10 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,847

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ 5 hours, 9 minutes ago)
I'm extremely biased (VIII was my first of the series and still my favorite) but it should definitely get a remake.

Same. I really liked it alot and I never knew how much some people disliked it until I was much older and I was really surprised when I found out.
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 16 2015, 10:54 AM

IDW Goldmember

There were a couple areas in-game that I just didn't enjoy playing. Disc 3 (Esther especially) became an absolute grind where I usually have to force myself to play through. The Draw system was also a turn off.

I do remember ordering VIII online and waiting for it arrive at my house after school each day. Hard to also forget a date like 9/9/99. cool.gif
xiao
Posted: Dec 28 2015, 01:05 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Dec 16 2015, 12:54 PM)
9/9/99. cool.gif

hahaha~ I wasn't enough of a nerd back then to even have noticed the date!? derp.gif

Thank god I left the wacky-tobacky back in college... r'else I would've ended up an insane guy with no life posting nothing but cat pictures and selfies of himself in embarrassing situations on the intern... oh wait... facepalm.gif

--- ---

So I just learned that FF7 PS4 Remix Edition won't be hitting shelves until December... of 2016!?!?

Oh noes~ and this was gonna be my excuse to finally get the SonyBox 4.0 ...well, time to start making silly FFVII karaoke videos on the interweebs until Square Soft brings HD Sephiroth to US shores... orz

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SUKPqD0I8c )

awesome.gif!?
Tessou
Posted: Dec 28 2015, 10:26 AM

Group Icon

Sephiroth was one of the worst things about FFVII, though. All of the future Narutards gravitated to "mysterious OP guy with sword" and used it as their online handle for years. They seem to forget that he was actually quite a pushover when you fought him three times at the end of the game.

Nobody makes a big deal out of Ruby Weapon. whistling.gif
Seri
  Posted: Dec 28 2015, 11:08 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

I mean, no one remembers that Sephy isn't even the main villian.

It's Jenova for the most part.
Tessou
Posted: Dec 28 2015, 11:19 AM

Group Icon

And even then, it's defeated by a cutscene. tongue.gif
xiao
Posted: Dec 29 2015, 05:36 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Miura Seri)
I mean, no one remembers that Sephy isn't even the main villian.

I always thought the main villain was the Meteor!? XD

QUOTE (Tessou)
Sephiroth was one of the worst things about FFVII, though. All of the future Narutards gravitated to "mysterious OP guy with sword" and used it as their online handle for years. They seem to forget that he was actually quite a pushover when you fought him three times at the end of the game.

The problem is, he completely lacked any semblance of a personality. Maybe if they gave him a pony-tail and made him a Mariachi in a poncho, like Jake, he would've seemed a lot less of a one-dimensional character. laugh.gif

Now THIS is how Sephiroth should have been like:

YOUTUBE ( [YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvM9Y1MJAII )

#MEXICAN_SEPHIROTH cool.gif

This post has been edited by xiao_la on Dec 29 2015, 05:39 AM
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 29 2015, 07:02 AM

IDW Goldmember

Can't say I haven't gotten tired of hearing people fangasm every time they hear Sephiroth's final battle theme play. All he really is in the end is the main villain's lackey.

I had one occasion where the game glitched or something during the final fight and Sephiroth stopped attacking me altogether. laugh2.gif
Tessou
Posted: Dec 29 2015, 10:18 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 3 hours, 16 minutes ago)
Can't say I haven't gotten tired of hearing people fangasm every time they hear Sephiroth's final battle theme play. All he really is in the end is the main villain's lackey.

I had one occasion where the game glitched or something during the final fight and Sephiroth stopped attacking me altogether. laugh2.gif

Penultimate fight, actually. Unless you're not talking about One Winged Angel.
xiao
Posted: Dec 29 2015, 05:58 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Today, 9:02 AM)

VITOLS... FITHOS... SEPHIROSU... VINOSEC!!

...oh wait that's- derp.gif

Also:

Coffee Soda Toffee Pasta Coffee Soda... Give Me Coffee!!

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DROMho7oa6I )

This post has been edited by xiao_la on Dec 29 2015, 06:49 PM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Dec 30 2015, 10:09 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I was actually just playing FF7 again, since it's available for PS4. I forgot how easy Safer Sephiroth is. Use KotR and Omnislash once and the fight is over. Thanks to the game adding 3x speed, I think I beat him in under a minute.

To be fair though... Most FF final bosses are push overs. The super bosses that require luck to beat are the real challenging ones. I remember Ozma from FF9 being a real pain in the ass.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Dec 30 2015, 10:11 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 30 2015, 05:50 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 7 hours, 41 minutes ago)
I was actually just playing FF7 again, since it's available for PS4. I forgot how easy Safer Sephiroth is. Use KotR and Omnislash once and the fight is over. Thanks to the game adding 3x speed, I think I beat him in under a minute.

To be fair though... Most FF final bosses are push overs. The super bosses that require luck to beat are the real challenging ones. I remember Ozma from FF9 being a real pain in the ass.

Heh, I actually beat it (again) on my Vita (a.k.a. glorified PS1 handheld device) a few days ago and I thought how easy the last battles are in comparison to everything you have to do to get there (chocobo breeding, grinding, battle arena, side quests) and that the last battle was a bit of a letdown. I do wonder though if that'll change with the remake, will they incorporate Advent Children as say, the final act of the game...?
Tessou
Posted: Dec 30 2015, 06:03 PM

Group Icon

Ruby WEAPON. Giant Cactuars. Gi Nattak if you don't use healing items on it. First Jenova fight if you're not prepared. Carry Armor can be a pain with that laser. Bottomswell if you're stupid about keeping your party out of waterball traps.
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 30 2015, 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 57 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
Ruby WEAPON. Giant Cactuars. Gi Nattak if you don't use healing items on it. First Jenova fight if you're not prepared. Carry Armor can be a pain with that laser. Bottomswell if you're stupid about keeping your party out of waterball traps.

Totally forgot about Ruby Weapon, that was definitely a tough side boss... I wonder why they didn't include it or the underwater Weapon in the original FF VII that was released in Japan (we got the International version of FF VII with the Weapons included) as it did add a level of challenge to the game.
Tessou
Posted: Dec 30 2015, 07:40 PM

Group Icon

Emerald WEAPON is a pushover with the right materia. You don't need underwater materia to kick its ass.

3 Pages  1 2 3