Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing sad emotion

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  « 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 48,187  ·  Replies: 87 
> Fallout 4, IT'S HAPPENING
Tessou
  Posted: Nov 12 2015, 03:42 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Companion romance is interesting. No physical contact allowed?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
  Posted: Nov 16 2015, 07:32 PM

Group Icon

Biggest concern is lack of a karma system. The game really only letsyou be either a perfect angel or a sarcastic perfect angel. The renegade option is nonexistent. You can kill side quest givers but not the big fish.

Power armor's OPness is only limited by power cores, but you can get over it with a perk and cores are everywhere.
jbeavis100
Posted: Nov 18 2015, 01:18 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,847

QUOTE (Tessou @ Nov 16 2015, 07:32 PM)
Biggest concern is lack of a karma system. The game really only letsyou be either a perfect angel or a sarcastic perfect angel. The renegade option is nonexistent. You can kill side quest givers but not the big fish.

Power armor's OPness is only limited by power cores, but you can get over it with a perk and cores are everywhere.

I'd say it's more limited by the need for repair more than anything.

Yeah, unlike 3 or NV there really isn't much an opportunity to be mean at all besides the occasional snarky comment. I'm enjoying the fact that all the companions have their own sidequests once their "influence" is up. It's nice to see the companions getting their own time and getting fleshed out instead of being 5 lines like in F03.
Tessou
  Posted: Feb 24 2016, 02:16 PM

Group Icon

Update! Bethesda has announced a lot of shit for FO4 recently. I was going to post when it came out, but bike accident blah blah pity party poopoo.

The first DLC comes out next month in the form of "Automatron", which includes some sort of quest regarding The Mechanist, possibly related to the same character from FO3. It also allows you to create your own robots from the parts you salvage from defeated robots, so it's like Pokemon. No word on what else the DLC adds, in terms of playable areas or anything. It might use existing areas or things that are not labeled on the map (like the irradiated clinic).

Second DLC is essentially an Arena creator, allowing you to build your own arena(s?) to fight various captured enemies. Not much info on this one yet.

Third DLC is called "Far Harbor", and is a larger expansion rather than just a content drop. It will probably flesh out the Children of the Atom based on what little info is out there so far.

The season pass covers all of this, and Bethesda has stated that there is plenty more coming after this batch. The season pass itself is currently $30, but due to the size of the content and development costs associated, they announced that the pass will increase to $50 on March 1, so pick it up now before the price jumps.

Also somewhere on the horizon is Survival Mode. Todd Howard said that it would not necessarily be "harder", just that you have more to deal with. Enemies don't become bullet sponges. You will deal with hunger, sleep, disease, ammunition weight, possibly weapon degradation (not confirmed), and a severe lack of saves. At the current stage of development, he says you can only save when you go to sleep. I will guess that stimpacks will also be worked on so that they aren't the cheat devices they've always been in regards to crippled limbs. New Vegas did something similar.
JKaiba
Posted: Feb 24 2016, 02:45 PM

Alias The J'

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,596

I'm sad the last patch 'fixed' my ultra glitched out character who had guaranteed headshots through cover and 12 copies of "You're SPECIAL". I can now only headshot people I can see half the time instead of 100% of the time for enemies who have barely rendered and are across the horizon and or behind a wall. lol

Not sure if I mentioned this already but since one of the voice actors for the game lives in the unit above me- As a joke, I found one of the characters he plays, quicksaved and promptly killed the character before he could deliver any of his lines then sent the pic to him saying "I enjoyed the full scope of your work". to which he responded by saying that I'd "have at least heard his death groans". Amusingly after I loaded there's a quest string that involves that characacter and a group of people later and he ended up being the only one I spared just out of circumstances where I felt it was the most beneficial for my character. I thought the whole time I'd have to kill him anyway.

Far harbor is the only one that sounds compelling to me so far. Arena creator seems very strangely out of character for the vault dweller in 4 (considering there's no truly evil route he can take). The Automatron DLC just sounds it's just glorified pets but with the robots. I guess we'll see how much story they add for it.
Spaz
Posted: Feb 25 2016, 08:41 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (JKaiba @ Yesterday, 5:45 PM)
Far harbor is the only one that sounds compelling to me so far. Arena creator seems very strangely out of character for the vault dweller in 4 (considering there's no truly evil route he can take). The Automatron DLC just sounds it's just glorified pets but with the robots. I guess we'll see how much story they add for it.

This.

Remember back in the day, where every DLC added new areas?

Mothership Zeta
Operation Anchorage
Point Lookout
Broken Steel

I feel like the arena thing exists simply because of the sheer number of videos to that effect people have done on YT. It's more of a support to community vices than an actual expansion. Glad I didn't purchase the season pass, as I'll likely skip the first two DLCs... Or torrent them since they probably install just as easily as the always have. That's the kind of stuff that should be free updates, not DLC... Look at Battlefront 3, constant stream of emails about basic new content I don't have to pay for. And the first 2 DLCs look like basic content updates.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
larryberry
Posted: Jun 9 2017, 03:16 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 48,397

Get Fallout 3 at affordable price from online store.

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
  - Details: Warning has been issued to this post by IDW Report System on Jun 9 2017, 11:41 AM.
  - Reasons: Flagged for being potential spambot, posting ability removed.
Tessou
  Posted: Jun 9 2017, 11:51 AM

Group Icon

Dropping FO3 bot sales in the FO4 thread?

user posted image
Taufox
Posted: Jul 14 2017, 01:47 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 48,519

Even tho the actual Fallout where not like the ones that started everything i feel that Fallout 1 and 2 didnt aged well (The really slow paced combat on both games and the really hard difficulty on the second one) but when you play Fallout 4 you really feel like you are exploring a diverse world.
I dont know, maybe is beacuse i didnt lived back then to play the original fallout.
norinorinori
Posted: Jul 14 2017, 06:29 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 46,425

QUOTE (Taufox @ 4 hours, 42 minutes ago)
Even tho the actual Fallout where not like the ones that started everything i feel that Fallout 1 and 2 didnt aged well (The really slow paced combat on both games and the really hard difficulty on the second one) but when you play Fallout 4 you really feel like you are exploring a diverse world.
I dont know, maybe is beacuse i didnt lived back then to play the original fallout.

I agree. Fallout 1 feels unfinished. 2 is quite a bit better to me but doesn't really hold up as a "fun" game to play. Great dialogue choices and reactions though.

New Vegas was the standout of the series for me.

I hated almost everything about 4, the story and protagonist, the factions, the settlement gameplay was just garbage. I guess the shooting mechanics were improved a bit over 3 and NV along with the graphics. And could they hire more than half a dozen voice artists for the random NPCs for once?

Benny
Posted: Apr 2 2018, 05:05 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,747

Fallout 4 is better than I was expected. I had not ever played fallout before last week and it is really amazing.
Askar
Posted: Jan 8 2020, 06:07 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,475

Fallout 4 is a good game but Fallout 77 is an awful one
Haustrand
Posted: Aug 17 2023, 04:40 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,588

Fallout 4 is the fourth game in the Fallout series. The game takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where most of humanity was destroyed by a nuclear war. The player takes on the role of a Soldier who wakes up from cryogenic sleep 200 years after the start of the war.

The player can explore the game's open world, complete quests, gather resources, and craft weapons and armor. The player can also build and manage their own settlement.

I tried to play it, it's pretty good. Recently, I mostly hang out in cs go. An old shooter with a lot of online and various game modes. I also like to collect skins for weapons like "Gut Knife | Damascus Steel". It's pretty fun and exciting.

This post has been edited by Haustrand on Aug 17 2023, 04:41 PM

4 Pages  « 2 3 4