Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Symbol - Forever Love Me

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

102 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 309,887  ·  Replies: 2,525 
> Games you're currently playing, Post it here ( read first post first )
w!nd
Posted: Sep 26 2006, 03:37 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,362

games i've been playing:

Devil May Cry 3 - i still cant figure out why the hard mode in japan is the normal mode in america. this game is fun even though i think its hard as crap. i have literally died like 50 times.

Hitman:Blood Money - really fun game. sort of easy. if you cant go with the stealth killing just unload all your guns. fun to try different ways to complete a mission. and i must say the ending is awesome.

GUN - easiest game you'll ever play. its fun but replay value isnt that great.

games i want to play - F.E.A.R. and BLACK
riP
Posted: Sep 26 2006, 06:04 PM

Fool me once shame on me Fool me twice shame on u Fool me a third time ur dead

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,876

QUOTE (sg_c_paulo @ Today at 1:39 PM)
Diablo 2- old school never gets old. Plus the lenght and Character development compares to any movie. One character can make five? very rare indeed

i got a lvl 84 zealer on the euro relm, D2 rocks, iv completed the uber bosses so many times but uber baal and diablo never get old, neither does the cow lvl
Tomo
Posted: Sep 26 2006, 06:11 PM

Retired old man

Member No.: 9,983

re-addicted myself to Tekken 5 for PS2: The game just doesn't get old. You can always find a new character to master, and if you put it on ultra hard... it's no cake walk =D
Thai-kun
Posted: Sep 26 2006, 06:51 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 10,643

Racing Lagoon (PSX)

Oh...my...God...

One of the greatest games ever, despite my being unable to understand it. Those who know the story are very fortunate, as they can fully immerse themselves in the plotline. From my year or so of playing it, I've gathered my own summary of what I could understand. 1999, you start off as a new member on the Fastest Team in Yokohama, "Bay Lagoon Racing". You progress through the games through individual nights, as the nights progress, you become more and more involved in the world of Street Battles, and corrupt car part dealers. The company "Won-Tec" is developing some sort of pill, my guess is as good as anyone elses, but I'm assuming that the pill is meant to focus the minds of Street Racers and turn them into incredible drivers. Along with the pills, Won-Tec developed a type of tune called the "DIABLO". This tune turned the cars into monsters. A certain DIABLO monster was created 10 years ago, a DIABLO Zeta (300ZX irl). The Zeta, along with its driver were both destroyed in a firey accident, and since then, Won Tec has been developing its pill, tune and searching for drivers...
The graphics aren't at all on par with the games today, but they were good for their time. The handing combines that or Ridge Racer and Gran Turismo, and I find it enjoyable. Some of the cutscenes near the ending of the game are deep, some of them frighten me. An intense game, and with an unlimited variety of car parts, bodies and engines to combine.
xiao
Posted: Oct 20 2006, 08:32 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Bump.

I'm currently playing Super Robot Taisen D for the GBA. By all means, this game should have been the one Atlus brought over instead of Original Generation. But the conglomerate of unfamiliar mechas/characters would have probably been a turnoff for casual gamers. Then again I think Banpresto was the one who suggested OG as an introduction for the American market. Regardless, SRW D makes for one nice little import. I played through SRW J and SRW R, and comparatively speaking, SRW D does not disappoint. Though I may just be biased since the game starts you off with my favorite mecha, Shin Getter Robo... plus the only appearance of The Big O in SRW elicits some heavy fanboy drooling from me. The story paces well from what I have played so far, the pixels are spot on, and the bleep-bloop themes from each anime sound surprisingly good. The replay value is looking high for this game, and I have yet to finish it.

user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 20 2006, 09:20 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

I've been playing Gundam Universal Century Climax (or Gundam U.C. Climax for short) to keep me occupied for 2 weeks until Final Fantasy XII is out (and when I go pick up my spiffy Collector's Edition version).

For the uninitiated, Universal Century refers to a set of Gundam TV/Movie/Straight to Video releases that focus on a specific timeline. The original Gundam series from the late 70s was the first in this U.C. timeline (in terms of the TV shows and what not). The original was followed a few years down the road by shows like Zeta Gundam, Double Zeta Gundam, straight-to-video releases Gundam 0080, Gundam 8th MS Team, and a few others*.

Unlike previous Gundam games that focused on one of the TV shows and added a few other mobile suits/mechas, this game features nearly all the major mobile suits from across the U.C. timeline. The only exception was that suits from Victory Gundam and Turn A Gundam were not included since both of them take place a long time after the original and it was felt that if their suits were included (namely the V2 Gundam) that the other suits would be totally overpowered.

It's a great game and only the third U.C.-oriented Gundam game I have owned (I previously owned Gundam vs Zeta Gundam, but I beat it and gave it to a friend of mine), and I must say it's a great game.

It also has a Create-a-Character-ish mode, I say this since you kind of are stuck with the one custom character (Tachibana) and can edit his stats (the cool thing is when you start this mode you get to pick the type of personality your character has, I always go with Hot Blooded). After a certain point this gaming mode you have the option of marrying one of three characters (a female pilot, female bridge operator, or a childhood friend). The offspring from your "marriage" ends up being your next character. Your choices of offspring (shown in this page and to the left of centre) are the pink haired girl, green haired girl, blue haired boy and blonde haired boy.

* - the others include the Char's Counterattack movie, F91 Gundam movie, Victory Gundam TV series and the one Gundam series that is supposed to bring all the previous works together (including the non-UC timeline ones) called Turn A Gundam.

Some pictures from the game:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Gunso
Posted: Oct 20 2006, 09:33 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 20,032

^ I must get that game. I assuming it's for ps2.

Why are all these awesome game being made now when ps3 coming soon.
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 20 2006, 09:51 PM

Yeah it's for PS2, but it's far from new, it came out last year... I think...
MidnightViper88
Posted: Oct 20 2006, 09:59 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

I'm not really "playing" GTA:VC; Currently, I'm just "playing" it just for the hell of it...Input some cheats, blow shit up; Just the kind of fun stuff you can't do in real life... rolleyes.gif

Also playing FFX for the hell of it, since I need something to preoccupy myself during these days where it's getting cold outside...I wanna see on this second time around how far I can truely go without falling back on cheats... *COUGH* laugh2.gif

Also been playing Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko, just for nostalgia's sake...I f**king love all the random quotes in that game... grin2.gif
Gunso
Posted: Oct 20 2006, 10:56 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 20,032

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Today at 9:51 PM)
Yeah it's for PS2, but it's far from new, it came out last year... I think...

What is the system like? similar to A.C.E? or Sora? etc...

and do you know anything about A.C.E 2? That should've been out by now

This post has been edited by Gunso on Oct 20 2006, 10:57 PM
Forza_Semper Fi
Posted: Oct 20 2006, 11:08 PM

Gears of War

Member No.: 9,078

It's only been Guitar Hero and (as of yesterday) Splinter Cell: Double Agent for me lately.
tUrB0
Posted: Oct 21 2006, 03:10 AM

Tiu lei lou mou chao hai

Member No.: 982

very soon i'll be playing Scarface and Tekken 5
chubbbayaidan
Posted: Oct 21 2006, 07:57 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 13,141

I'm playing Riviera: The Promised Land for GBA. Go Point-and-Click RPGs!
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by chubbbayaidan on Oct 21 2006, 08:00 AM
mark4000
Posted: Oct 21 2006, 06:37 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 18,584

Playing alot of MGS3:S and SWAT 4 recently. Anything to keep me busy before i go totally insane from still not having a 360. dry.gif

Dammit! I wanna play Forza 2 and Splinter Cell: Double Agent!!! madrant.gif
Orochi Kyouichi
Posted: Oct 21 2006, 10:07 PM

Orochi-blooded Level 99 Legend

Member No.: 16,366

Today, I played Time Crisis 4 for the arcades.

I really like the cabinet, hardware, music, graphics, characters, action, and gameplay. This is probably my favorite Time Crisis as of now. I am not really that good in terms of scoring (the highest I have is about a little more than 5 milliion, the pros usually have 6 million or more. This is for solo mode BTW. I don't play linked mode much unless I am with a friend.) However, I do know how to avoid the "Crisis Sightings" most of the time and do some cool combos.

I can only imagine on how this game would be like for the PS2 or the PS3 (most likely PS3 though.)
Kamakazi
Posted: Oct 22 2006, 05:08 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 19,670

Final Fantasy 9 - idk why but after i finished this game i just wanded to start over again. I bought like 2 of the same copy but one was with insurance so i brought my old copy back and i guess i got a new free copy wink2.gif And you can't forget about Final Fantasy X - cuz i has one of the best storylines along with graphics
Möbius
  Posted: Oct 24 2006, 05:27 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

I was playing that Derby game in the arcades last week, it's strangely addictive, but frustratingly hard to win at. sad.gif

At home, been playing Magical Drop II and III off and on... wink2.gif Still a very decent puzzle game after all these years, still worth the time to pick up and play. smile.gif
Tetsuya Hikari
  Posted: Oct 24 2006, 06:16 PM

( ・ω・)

Member No.: 12,980

Well, recently..I've been playing Melty Blood: Act Cadenza for PS2. It's pretty interesting. It moves faster than any other fighter I've ever played before. It's pretty easy to combo in the game, but that certainly doesn't imply that it's just a button masher. Here are some screenshots from the game:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I've also been playing Guilty Gear XX: Slash for PS2 as well. I stopped playing it for a little while, but decided to pick it back up again and brush up my Bridget skills and such wub.gif. Hehe. Here are some screenshots from Slash:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

and last but not least..I've been playing Pop 'n Music 13 Carnival, also for PS2. I'm kind of big into rhythm games and whatnot, so I picked this one up pretty quick, but I'm mainly a DDR fan happy.gif. Here are some screenshots!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

So yeah...that's pretty much, the only three games I've been playing recently XD. Sorry if I posted too many screenshots and such x_x. Well..in any case...take care everyone laugh.gif!

*waves*
Forza_Semper Fi
Posted: Oct 26 2006, 09:37 PM

Gears of War

Member No.: 9,078

Resident Evil 4 and Guitar Hero nowadays, but once I get my Xbox live up I'm going to start playing Splinter Cell: Double Agent again
?wha?
Posted: Oct 27 2006, 12:11 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

been playing quite a bit of tekken 5 DR. I'm trying to learn roger jr, but seriously, a boxing roo has its drawbacks
Möbius
  Posted: Oct 29 2006, 01:50 PM

IDW Top Poster

I played mainly BF2 for the last little while, the squad-oriented gameplay is just too addicting. smile.gif

I played a game last night with a fully functional squad that was concentrating on capping. There was an a guy who was really good at armor, he took myself ( engineer ) and another guy ( alternating between engi and medic ), in an APC, just rushing around to take flags.
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 16 2006, 05:37 PM

I've just started playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney on my cousin's DS. It seems a bit on the short side, but the story seems animated, especially with the main character being quite possibly the most hot-blooded, hot-headed lawyer in a game.

I've also been playing Guitar Heroes at a friend's place and amusing him, and other friends, when I start rocking out while playing Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water. It's quite an enjoyable game, that you can pick up, play a few times, then stop easily.
Möbius
  Posted: Dec 16 2006, 05:46 PM

IDW Top Poster

Someone finally posted in this thread... >_<

I thought everyone forgot about it. sad.gif

I've been playing a couple of games lately :

-Gundam Zeta DX : This game is still a favorite of mine, even though I prefer Feddies vs. Zeon DX over it. The new suits more than make up for the slightly faster gameplay that I don't like, and it's a game that's really easy to pick and play. Lots of fun in 2P , but I wish there was a link option. sad.gif

-Street Fighter 3 - Third Strike : IMHO, still one of the best fighters out there, I've been playing this quite a bit, both at home and in the arcades. Stun Necro FTW!

-BF2 : As usual, I think the only reason that I play this game is because of the squad based gameplay.

-DoW - Dark Crusade : Maybe it's only because it's set in the WH40K universe, but I just can't stop playing this game. This expansion pack introduces the Necrons and the Tau. Haven't played enough with the Tau yet to figure them out, but it looks like it's a very technical army, as you can build it towards 2 different play styles. The Necron however, are just plain cheese... It doesn't take much to win with them, even in online play. They are all power based though, so that makes them quite different to play. wink2.gif
xiao
Posted: Dec 17 2006, 02:49 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

I'm currently playing Akumajou Dracula X - Gekka no Yasoukyoku, better known as Castlevania - Symphony of the Night. First and foremost I'd like thank Apex Carver for helping me find this gem of a game in it's original language. I've always been a sucker for protagonists with a strong character, and this game caters to that need right down to the bone. Not only do we get to see the son of Dracula plow through an intricate castle, but the thickskinned whip wielding hunter Richter Belmont is equally playable if you beat the game. Need I really describe the excellent sprites, the massive replay value, the evocatively rockin' soundtrack, the smooth gameplay, or the fact that everyone reading this post has probably already played this game a gajillion times. Nope, all I need to mention is that Konami has since tried to repeat the magic for nearly a decade, and with the exception of a couple of handheld titles... none have gotten close. Replaying Symphony of the Night after so many years is still like a gravy bath for your eyes, and a Monte Cristo sandwich for your ears. In fact, if it wasn't for family I'd feel pretty compelled to get myself the prequel as a Christmas gift. Konami, on behalf of the nerd population of the intertrons, particularly from the zombie/vampire genre enthusiasts, I salute you. Man, I would so never get employed as a video game columnist, all I'd review is old stuff... retro gaming for the win grin2.gif

user posted image user posted image

Möbius
  Posted: Dec 17 2006, 03:48 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (xiao_la @ Today at 5:49 PM)
I'm currently playing Akumajou Dracula X - Gekka no Yasoukyoku, better known as Castlevania - Symphony of the Night. First and foremost I'd like thank Apex Carver for helping me find this gem of a game in it's original language. I've always been a sucker for protagonists with a strong character, and this game caters to that need right down to the bone. Not only do we get to see the son of Dracula plow through an intricate castle, but the thickskinned whip wielding hunter Richter Belmont is equally playable if you beat the game. Need I really describe the excellent sprites, the massive replay value, the evocatively rockin' soundtrack, the smooth gameplay, or the fact that everyone reading this post has probably already played this game a gajillion times. Nope, all I need to mention is that Konami has since tried to repeat the magic for nearly a decade, and with the exception of a couple of handheld titles... none have gotten close. Replaying Symphony of the Night after so many years is still like a gravy bath for your eyes, and a Monte Cristo sandwich for your ears. In fact, if it wasn't for family I'd feel pretty compelled to get myself the prequel as a Christmas gift. Konami, on behalf of the nerd population of the intertrons, particularly from the zombie/vampire genre enthusiasts, I salute you. Man, I would so never get employed as a video game columnist, all I'd review is old stuff... retro gaming for the win grin2.gif

Nocturne in the Moonlight also has a much cooler CD cover. It's one of my favorite games of all time. wink2.gif

The wide variety of the enemies, the music, the whole ambience of the castle... I'm going to play through it again... wink2.gif

102 Pages  1 2 3 4 »