Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Voice of S30Z

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

102 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 309,905  ·  Replies: 2,525 
> Games you're currently playing, Post it here ( read first post first )
Möbius
  Posted: Sep 23 2006, 06:17 PM

IDW Top Poster

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,524

OK, this will be kind of a blog of whatever games everyone is playing. But I don't want it to turn into a spamfest, you have to write a couple of lines about the game that you posted ( impressions, likes/dislikes, etc. )

I'll start off :

The game I was playing today is Super Street Fighter II Turbo. It still plays well, despite it's age, and one can easily see why it's still popular in tournament play. Controls are crisp for a game that old, no complaints there. The CPU cheats though, does all kinds of psychic stuff, and does random damage ( most of the time too much ). Very nice game to just pick up and play... wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
tUrB0
Posted: Sep 23 2006, 06:44 PM

Tiu lei lou mou chao hai

Member No.: 982

Grand Theft Auto Vice City: its still nice, cos it includes the minigun in weapon set 3 cheat tongue.gif and the missions are basically more challenging than San Andreas and i have no idea why i deleted my previous save data to make way for Hitman Blood Money

Timesplitters: Future Perfect: fun game to kill time with, especially with mapmaker mode to play around with, its just plain fun to rush into a room full of enemies with dual K-SMGs and just unload my bullets upon them

D1GP: its actually fun, nicer than most driving games i've played, and im still learning to prolong my drift, i've gotten the hang of the clutch already
eighty_D
Posted: Sep 23 2006, 06:44 PM

lv.23 lurker

Member No.: 15,593

Super Puzzle Fighter II turbo-GBA:

An awesome puzzle game where you group gems of the same color together to make larger gems and detonate them to crowd your opponents screen with different colored Gems.Addicting fun and a great 2 player game. My description sucks but I don't know how to explain it any better trust me this game is great.

Resident Evil 4-PS2:

Great survival game with a new twist on the standard RE gameplay no Umbrella no Zombies 3D levels with a free roaming camera sort of looking over the characters shoulder. Weapon upgrades, expandable health, mini games interactive cut scenes, it is just damn cool and the Boss battles are wild. Beat the game on Normal,beat Op. Ada,beat Seperate Ways now trying to unlock all characters in Mercinaries mode.

Earthbound-SNES:
My favorite RPG ever it's so cute and well done for a 16bit game. Funny characteres and enemies and a good play. Just all around an original game you have to play it to understand I would be typing all day if I explained all the things that make this game fun. Owned it since it came out just broke the old super out and cleaned it now I am in Earthbound Heaven!

BTW does anyone make new SNES controllers or has workinfg originals? I'm down to 1 working controller.

This post has been edited by eighty_D on Sep 23 2006, 07:26 PM
Thai-kun
Posted: Sep 23 2006, 06:46 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 10,643

Well...today when I had Shugo over, I decided to show him both Tokyo's highways and Japan's mountain passes, so I loaded up two games. Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 and Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift, both for Playstation 2.

I'll start off with Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3:
This game has its moments, back when I was a poster at a small forum dedicated to the game, I found it easy and was pretty good at it. After a few months of inactivity, my skills have become less than stellar. The controls felt really awkward, every car I had posessed the tendancy to slide as if it were on ice. I didn't enjoy it too much, even when driving my 727ps FD3S RX-7. After a single lap on the C1 loop line in Free Run, I got pretty bored, so I turned the traffic on, however, the traffic always seemed to be in the wrong places and interfered with my lines. No longer one of my favorite titles, but it might make a comback on my list if I start practicing again.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift:
I wouldn't really mind this game at all if it weren't for the A.I. Sure, you can try blocking their line, but they'll just go and push right through you, whether you're in the way or not. The controls in this game seem awkward too...but not as bad as 3 because it is a pretty low speed game. Sliding around the corners of Mt. Hakone and Mt. Iroha are pretty fun in Time Attack, however, it gets lonely. A distinctive characteristic of Mt. Haruna (Akina to all you Initial D fans) has been implimented, the gutters. Now, the gutters on Haruna are difficult to use, however, use them properly and you can cut seconds off your time. Again, it is not one of my favorite titles anymore, I was never really good at it. I'd be more excited to play it if they had brought over Chain Reaction or Touge No Densetsu, but we were stuck with the first one, and we have to deal with it.
dmhc69
Posted: Sep 23 2006, 06:49 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 5,199

GTA San Andreas (PC)
I've finished it before, but i've decided to play it again. I'm at arguably the most boring part of the game, which is just beginning to get into San Fierro. Considering the game is based around the whole gangster/ghetto life, the missions inside Los Santos are the most enjoyable for me. This time through though I plan to go out and finish all the extra activities such as getting all the graffiti/photos/etc. spots and dating all the girlfriends. It'll take awhile but I'll get there eventually, but right now I'm focusing on finishing the game.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
SuperMazdaKart
Posted: Sep 23 2006, 06:57 PM

Button-masher

Member No.: 242

just played through Syphon Filter Dark Mirror. not bad at all for the PSP & it rated rather high, but isn't quite in the league of similar games that are on the main home consoles such as Splinter Cell & Metal Gear but is still far better then the portable Splinter Cell: Essentials. only real gripe is it is a bit short, i finished it within half a week & thats not with constant playing as i do have a job & other things to do in life.

currently now playing through Mega Man X Maverick Hunter & Mega Man Powered Up.

if you played out the original X on SNES, then maybe i wouldn't recommend Maverick Hunter unless your a big fan, got money to waste or can get it cheap (the latter being the case for me). it is basically just the same game with remixed music, overhauled graphics, same level layout but the weapon upgrades have swapped locations (not a problem if you were good at finding them in the original, i havn't checked if the Hadouken upgrade is still there though). the bosses also have an extra attack to deal with.

up to Sigma now (had the game for half a week now) & he is more difficult when he combines with the large wolf like body. some of my tricks i used in the original can't be used in this new version but i'll find a way. least when it's finished i'll be able to play the game with Vile a bit which'll be interesting.

Mega Man Powered Up though is a game i appreciate more smile.gif nice graphics, nice remixed music, redesigned levels. two new characters, ol school mode with original level layout & music. would have been nice to play the original with the original graphics though.
Möbius
  Posted: Sep 23 2006, 07:10 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (eighty_D @ Today at 10:44 PM)
Super Puzzle Fighter II turbo-GBA:

An awesome puzzle game where you build gems of the same color and detonate them to crowd your opponents screen with differenyt colored Gems.Addicting fun and a great 2 player game.

Resident Evil 4-PS2:

Great survival game with a new twist on the standard RE gameplay no Umbrella no Zombies 3D levels with a free roaming camera sort of looking over the characters shoulder. Weapon upgrades, expandable health, mini games interactive cut scenes, it is just damn cool and the Boss battles are wild. Beat the game on Normal,beat Op. Ada,beat Seperate Ways now trying to unlock all characters in Mercinaries mode.

Earthbound-SNES:
My favorite RPG ever it's so cute and well done for a 16bit game. Funny characteres and enemies and a good play. Just all around an original game you have to play it to understand I would be typing all day if I explained all the things that make this game fun. Owned it since it came out just broke the old super out and cleaned it now I am in Earthbound Heaven!

BTW does anyone make new SNES controllers or has workinfg originals? I'm down to 1 working controller.

I love puzzle fighter... I had a lot of great matches when it was in the 'cades.

About the SNES controllers, local used game shops always have a couple for like 5 bucks each... wink2.gif
eighty_D
Posted: Sep 23 2006, 07:25 PM

lv.23 lurker

Damn around here you can't even find any 16bit stuff except for one local private owned shop who are searching for same good ones, I plan on buying 3 more So I will have spares.

Tried to update/improve my PFII description after reading it and realizing how much it sucked still sucks but at least it's a little more descriptive.

This post has been edited by eighty_D on Sep 23 2006, 07:29 PM
Möbius
  Posted: Sep 23 2006, 07:28 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (eighty_D @ Today at 11:25 PM)
Damn around here you can't even find any 16bit stuff exept for one local private owned shop who are searching for same good ones, I plan on buying 3 more So I will have spares.

eBay then? Buy a combo ( system, some games, controllers ), then sell the stuff you don't need. What happened to you controllers, BTW?
Dat Chau
Posted: Sep 23 2006, 07:42 PM

Can you believe the idiots I deal with?

Member No.: 6,608

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge. This game is hilarious as the first.
am3pkcet
Posted: Sep 23 2006, 09:29 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

call of duty 2 (x360):

still cant get enough of this game. the guys i play with are awesome. not really much else needed to say about this game. i think it to be the best console FPS ive played. and with enough skilled people, it will make for hours of fun matches.

dirge of cerberus ff7 (ps2):

this is actually the first ps2 game ive really played since i got my 360 in february of this year. it certainly looks and feels very current gen vs playing my 360. it also is not offered in widescree, so its wierd playing it either stretched or in verticle letterbox. for a ps2 game, it looks good. the game is more fun that i thought itd be. its like any other 1st/3rd person shooter, except it has rpg-like leveling and weapon customization, so thats cool. i'm a big ff7 fan, so of course im going to like the game. lol. i think there are maybe a bit too many unecessary cutscenes that take away from the flow of progress, but nothing really fatal.

lego star wars II (x360):

cute and fun game. not much to say other than it would be a lot easier, and probably more fun to play this game with a second person.
Ramaj
Posted: Sep 23 2006, 10:23 PM

yo mama

Member No.: 19,246

Call of Duty (the original) Multiplayer on PC.

Even for a game that's been out for a while and has sequels, still lots of players. Also it has a pretty wide array of weapons available at all times.

America's Army (OVERMATCH) Ver. 2.70 on PC.

Great modern warfare game.. although the new overmatch 2.70 version is really buggy since it has just been released. Anyone that can pass the Escape and Evade for special forces let me know cause I suck at it smile.gif

IDAS on arcade.

It's fun and making cars go fast in the mountains is fun smile.gif

WMMT on arcade.

like IDAS except on freeways XD

IDSS on PS2.

when I can't afford ot go to the arcade nothing beats having the same game at home.

MS Saga: A new dawn on PS2.

Building your own mobile suit army and roaming around the world beating the crap out of anyone you encounter is a win win situation.
Forza_Semper Fi
Posted: Sep 23 2006, 11:32 PM

Gears of War

Member No.: 9,078

QUOTE (Dat Chau @ Yesterday at 8:42 PM)
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge. This game is hilarious as the first.

I love that game man... the first, second, and third. Haven't tried the fourth. The first two are the funniest, but the third is a more beautiful game.

Ninja Gaiden Black: Never played the original Ninja Gaiden, but I'm loving this one. So far I've only played the single player story mode, and that alone kicks ass. The first few bosses kicked my ass, but after that the game seems to pick up in pace and I died a lot less. I'm on chapter 10 now, I believe, but chapter nine was the best because I had to take down two tanks, an attack helicopter, and a towerful of bad guys all without saving. Then I almost died because three soldiers with RPG's ambushed me, but I managed to kill them with just a sliver of health left. Right before the end of the chapter, too laugh.gif

Halo 2: I only play this game with my friends, but it's amazing how I'll play a game with a bunch of people who aren't as good as me, kick their asses, and then hear "Well at least I have a life..." even though I only played the game online for about a month after it came out. It was a hardcore month, but it's amazing how much it puts me ahead of everybody else who hasn't played on Xbox live. And I still have a life...w00t! (which is why I'm typing on an online forum at 2:30 in the morning...hehe...I decided not to rush this year so all the frats are partying while I'm stuck in the dorm)
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Sep 23 2006, 11:45 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Member No.: 1,751

NBA Live 06 (PSP)
- Pretty much biding time until Live 07 get released here in Australia. I've gotten used to playing on superstar-level difficulty, but have lost a few close games in season mode on that difficulty. Still, it's a great game to play on the train going home.

Initial D Street Stage (PSP)
- Picked it up and started playing it again last week. I'm about half way clear on Bunta Challenge and am pretty much playing to custom tune some more cars. My project right now is a 'God Hand tuned' S2000. Still got a few more cards to unlock as well (I'm about 96-97% right now after 50 hrs gameplay)
e\/o
Posted: Sep 23 2006, 11:55 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,253

Starcraft: Brood War

I'v been playing on PGT maps for 2 months. I play Zerg. I love the game but just to be decent you gotta play for around 6 months : (. I think this RTS requires the most skill. Requires alot of micro and macro.

This post has been edited by e\/o on Sep 23 2006, 11:55 PM
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Sep 24 2006, 12:11 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,098

Halo 2

Lately I have been playing a LOT of Halo 2. Back on the everyday schedule. Ranking up online and having fun blocking cheaters. Pwning noobs. laugh.gif

Forza

I have been playing Forza Motorsports a lot now. Since I changed my name it is amazing how many random people add me to the friends list. Lately been setting records on the downhill. Still the fastest AE86 on the downhill in more then 1 class. grin2.gif

Shutokou Battle 01

I am FINALLY getting around to playing the game. It's a lot longer then I would have thought but its very fun and the customization is awesome. I can't wait for Shutokou Battle X which is coming to the US in 2 days.
Forza_Semper Fi
Posted: Sep 24 2006, 12:23 AM

Gears of War

Member No.: 9,078

Yeah...I was playing tons of Forza before I got into Ninja Gaiden. Not online though, cause I'm not good enough for that. I just want a realistic racing experience. Not to get off topic, but is GT4 with a steering wheel funner than Forza, in terms of singleplayer?
eighty_D
Posted: Sep 24 2006, 12:25 AM

lv.23 lurker

QUOTE (Apex Carver @ Yesterday at 9:28 PM)
eBay then? Buy a combo ( system, some games, controllers ), then sell the stuff you don't need. What happened to you controllers, BTW?

My Ferret got loose and chewed the wire up on one. I found some in an eBay Store already going to pick them up tomorrow if the game store doesn't have them.
mark4000
Posted: Sep 24 2006, 04:31 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 18,584

MGS3: subsistence

Really really great game. The 3D cam was a very late and simple addition but it had a very huge impact to the game itself. Even though i've finished the original MGS3 for countless times already, MGS3:subs still hits the spot for me. It never gets old.

GT4

although i'm starting to really hate it already, there's still something about it that makes me wanna play it. Even though i've tried switching back to GT3 quite a few times already, GT3 felt really lifeless for me so i keep switching back to 4. Maybe i'll just add ASM(understeer) until another forum challenge comes up so i'll never have to worry about snapback understeer when doing my TAs. Snapback is the only thing i hate about it anyway and when people reply to me that i just have to do "this kind of setting" or do "this technique" to prevent it, that just makes me wanna hate it even more.

IDASver3

not really playing it much now but i still do whenever a challenge comes up and i just do Bunta Challenge in Happo after winning matches in VS. For the next few months or so, i'll be on complete hiatus from this game to save up enough money so i could buy myself a 360.

WMMT2

i play this much more than IDAS because i love the handling and i have much more experience with this game. The same as IDAS, I just accept challenges when they come up and do level 28 outrun on Hakone after winning matches. Also same to IDAS, I'll be on hiatus from this game completely for the next few months.

This post has been edited by mark4000 on Sep 24 2006, 04:32 AM
Möbius
  Posted: Sep 24 2006, 07:11 AM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (eighty_D @ Today at 4:25 AM)
My Ferret got loose and chewed the wire up on one. I found some in an eBay Store already going to pick them up tomorrow if the game store doesn't have them.

The game store should be cheaper, if only for the lack of shipping cost... wink2.gif

I thought maybe the contacts were dirty inside, causing it to be unresponsive. That woul be fixable, but this way you need a new cord... sad.gif
riP
Posted: Sep 24 2006, 08:31 AM

Fool me once shame on me Fool me twice shame on u Fool me a third time ur dead

Member No.: 4,876

Initial D (PSP)

Its all i got untill i can afford the arcade again

Blade Dancer (PSP)

I wont stop till im lvl 90 at least

Aggressive Inline (PS2)

1 of 2 rollerblading games i know of (Jet Set Radio Future for XBox is the 2nd but i dont own XBox)

Halo 1 (XBox)

Only when i go 2 my friends house we have halo parties

Call Of Duty Big Red One (PS2)

I mainly play it online cuz its alot more fun

Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter (PS2)

I only rented it, i try 2 play online but every1 keeps kicking me for some reason and there like only 2 games online
Realmdrifter
Posted: Sep 26 2006, 11:46 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,276

Currently playing:

NFS:HP2 - old game, but I still like the models in the car selection, as they are very crisp...

Call of Cthulhu - a very wierd game with some scenes that makes a person jump... aiming and weapons is odd, but suits the game, and the graphival filter over the games adds alot of atmosphere...

GT4 - still playing it, and its the best racing game I've got...

Vice City - its old, but it new as I've got a real cars mod installed - replaces all the cars and car names with real world cars.

Torus Trooper - a great free arcade game avialable on the net, that requires alot of reflexes... a great game and addictive - goin 9000km-h and shooting things while trying dodge thier bullets is harder than it sounds - especially at that speed!
Cowman715
Posted: Sep 26 2006, 12:12 PM

The only Miata driver around

Member No.: 14,640

Been playing a few actually... I usually never play games...

DDR- SN is comming to PS2 tomorrow so I've been getting back into it lol

Enchanted Arms- Not a bad RPG for the 360... I think this is one of the ONLY ones for the 360 lol. 56% done.

Ridge Racer 6(360)- Haha This game is so wacked. I sware it's like there is a turn right in front of you and you just let go of the accel and you'll clear it... Thoes Achievments are a B*TCH to get though...

Test Drive Unlimited- Not bad... Just wish they had more Japanese dealers besides Nissan.
sg_c_paulo
Posted: Sep 26 2006, 12:39 PM

IDW's Stone-faced Samurai

Member No.: 18,699

I'm currently playing:

Diablo 2- old school never gets old. Plus the lenght and Character development compares to any movie. One character can make five? very rare indeed

Age of Mythology- I never played it , and I like mythology so much. Controlling Cyclopses and pegasi are really cool.

Def Jam: FFNY- Whenever I'm down and I just wanna kick some a$$. their blazin' moves look so ridiculously painful. Plus it's so easy and fast. My fighter of 2004!

Spartan: total warrior- Like the Age of mythology, but I can play 1 warrior. it plays like dynasty warriors, but you friends and enemies are more active.

King of Fighters- I have up to 2002. it's more on technique than style, plus 30+ characters to choose from isn't bad either.

This post has been edited by sg_c_paulo on Sep 26 2006, 12:44 PM
Posted: Sep 26 2006, 03:05 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

idas 3
sc3 (soul calibur 3)

102 Pages  1 2 3 »