Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 10 unique listeners, playing natsu no initial (Natsuki's Theme)

Important Rules
• Do NOT post any torrents other than Initial D and automotive related stuff.
• Give the original torrent maker (if it was not originated from this forums.) proper credit.
• If you wish to start a new topic, please contact either the FORUM MODERATORS or one of the ADMINISTRATORS via PM or E-Mail.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 120,201  ·  Replies: 203 
> Merged: Technical Questions, subtitles, codec, video problems .. etc
Shadow86
  Posted: Sep 21 2004, 06:15 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,020

I decided to reformat and none of the codecs were working without SP2 so i had to install it i think once u dl sp2 its data is saved on your file no matter what.. might just be my comp tho. Is there anyway to make BT work with sp2? or am i screwed?

My BT works but its VERY slow
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Sep 21 2004, 06:21 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,098

Well you might want to read this if your download is really slow. How To Use BT Properly. Your kinda confusing me with what you said. Are you talking about video codec or just Bit Torrent. Im on SP1. Im not gonna deal with SP2. My Bit Torrents work fine. please explain a little better.

This post has been edited by Takumi Trueno on Sep 21 2004, 06:21 PM
Shadow86
  Posted: Sep 21 2004, 06:26 PM

IDW Expert Member

Im talking about BT. Mine was working fine before SP2 so i guess its just SP2 i was just wondering if there was a way to make it work with SP2 is all.
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Sep 21 2004, 06:28 PM

IDW Goldmember

I have no idea. If you are using DSL then you will have a problem with SP2 I heard. My suggestion is that you get rid of Sp2. Go to add and remove in Control Panel and select the corrct Windows "Hot Fix" i think its called, to uninstall it.
Shadow86
  Posted: Sep 21 2004, 06:52 PM

IDW Expert Member

Now that i have sp2 even if i reformat the stuff like (codecs) wont work without sp2 now.. sp2 has royally f**ked me in the ass
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Sep 21 2004, 06:57 PM

IDW Goldmember

Thats why I dont upgrade to SP2. When big updates come out like that one I wait to hear enough about it to get it or not. Well I cant help you out much since I dont even have SP2. Just try uninstalling the SP2 Hot fix.
EvilTaxi
Posted: Sep 21 2004, 07:07 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 1,231

SP2 works fine for me. No problems whatsoever, aside from the memory bug with BT and hashing.
crzydriftin
Posted: Sep 22 2004, 09:43 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 1,800

two things that'll help......

1. what codecs did u install? cause theres some good ones on this forum if u ever have problems viewing the clips.
Takumi Trueno&EvilTaxi.... can u guys help me out on this one for the links? :Xl:thanks really appreciate it

2. try installing an updated version of bt http://bittornado.com/

or try to run some software like.... spy/adware removers and your antivirus program. better to clean everything off cause if when u installed SP2, maybe there was some spy/adware still on your hd thats causing this problem.

and for bt to be working so slow...... it takes time for it to reach other comps, kinda like when your searching for files on a P2P.

hope that helps

This post has been edited by crzydriftin on Sep 22 2004, 09:44 AM
Shadow86
  Posted: Sep 22 2004, 06:36 PM

IDW Expert Member

Well after reformatting and not installing SP2 my codecs (the most recent ones you can get of DivX And XviD) did not work untill i installed SP2. BT gets up to max speed but it takes a long time T.T with SP2 i guess its just something ill have to live with smile.gif
t0k3r
Posted: Sep 30 2004, 08:18 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 3,357

Hey its me hey i got some paintball tourney film that i need to host on a bit torrent and the problem is that i dont know how, can someone explain it in the easist wat posible???

This post has been edited by t0k3r on Sep 30 2004, 08:19 PM
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Sep 30 2004, 08:25 PM

IDW Goldmember

The only hard thing about Making a Torrent Is Finding a Tracker to host the torrent and A program to make the Torrent With. The program that you need to make a torrent is called "Make Torrent". The program is very simple. You just need to select the file or directory you want the torrent to be of. Then you need a tracker to host it on. Once the torrent is made you need to open it, and be ready to seed when you release to to whoever.

Here is the program Make Torrent

If you want anyone to get the file try uploading the torrent to Suprnova.org

This post has been edited by Takumi Trueno on Sep 30 2004, 08:28 PM
t0k3r
Posted: Sep 30 2004, 08:29 PM

IDW Special Member

is there any free tracker place i can host it? its about 200mb.
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Sep 30 2004, 08:35 PM

IDW Goldmember

The size of your file doesnt matter. here is a list of trackers. Make sure to read before just picking one. Make Sure its active too. Tracker List
t0k3r
Posted: Sep 30 2004, 08:44 PM

IDW Special Member

okay thanx
plaguepunx
Posted: Oct 1 2004, 08:42 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 2,403

Are you sure you have the right ports open? O and SP2 tries to add "more security" to windows so it has a better firewall but I would turn it off and use a seperate one like Zonealarm. Its free.
alco
Posted: Oct 5 2004, 05:57 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 3,563

Service Pack 2 limits the TCP/IP stack to a ridiculously low amount of possible connections per second - thus crippling torrent clients from amassing peers in a short space of time. This has been well documented and it's probably on every torrent-news site there is.

There's a fix for this problem - and you were right - it's because of service pack 2 and service pack 2 alone. You should disable the new firewall, and make sure you open ports on any 3rd party software/hardware firewalls you have.

Here's what you want:
http://www.lvllord.de/?url=tools#4226patch

You should connect to peers much faster now!

This post has been edited by alco on Oct 5 2004, 05:58 AM
poisonfruitloops
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 08:12 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 2,976

resume my downloads using another client?

i was using azureus to dl a few things and now it jus wont run, reinstalled etc.... no luck

can i use a diff client to resume these torents? or will i needa start from scratch?

hope this is in right section:)
Baki_Hanma
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 08:31 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 2,634

click here

Just get Bit Tornado. You should be able to resume no problem.
poisonfruitloops
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 08:56 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 2,976

cheers
RakeRon
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 09:55 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 2,887

What exactly is the error Azureus is giving you? I've never had any problems with it before and it always worked. Do you have the latest version of Java and the latest release of Azureus installed?

(off topic) BTW: I dunno why BitTornado (aka Shad0w's Client) is so heavily prased. That thing never worked for me and when it did would only download at like 5k max while Azurues would download anywere between 40 - 100k on my DSL.

This post has been edited by RakeRon on Oct 10 2004, 09:56 AM
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 11:15 AM

IDW Goldmember

The Bit Torrent Client has nothing to do with how fast you can download. It all has to do with how many seeds and Peers there are to download from. Do you think you will download at 100k with only 1 seed? Of course not. The ony other thing that affects your speed is if you have your ports open or not.
RakeRon
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 01:27 PM

IDW Prime Member

Takumi: I've tried both clients on anime torrents with a 1000+ seeds. Azureus was faster than BitTornado with roughly the same amount of connected seeds & leeches (give or take a few). I also did the same thing on my friend's Cable modem at his house, same results. Both of us have similar pc configs both with port range 1024 - 655xx(forget exactly how high it goes) on our firewalls for both clients (both use Panda Platnium) and his router set for him as DMZ (my DSL modem is directly connected). In the end Azurues won the test.
DrEVOIII
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 01:45 PM

IDW Hokage & TS Team Ichiban VETERAN

Member No.: 1,928

QUOTE (RakeRon @ Oct 10 2004, 02:27 PM)
Takumi: I've tried both clients on anime torrents with a 1000+ seeds. Azureus was faster than BitTornado with roughly the same amount of connected seeds & leeches (give or take a few). I also did the same thing on my friend's Cable modem at his house, same results. Both of us have similar pc configs both with port range 1024 - 655xx(forget exactly how high it goes) on our firewalls for both clients (both use Panda Platnium) and his router set for him as DMZ (my DSL modem is directly connected). In the end Azurues won the test.

Your an idiot. Then it is a freakin' coincidence. BT clients doesnt matter when it comes to download speeds. That was ALL CHANCE. You were lucky to connect to a fast peer, that was all.
Gabriel
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 01:45 PM

IDW Veteran Member

Member No.: 2,727

You open ports 6881-6999 not 1024 - 655xx.
Also, make sure the firewall that's built into windows XP is turned off.
I DL torrents with BitTornado at full speed *146 KB/s*.
RakeRon
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 02:13 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (DC2Integra @ Oct 10 2004, 01:45 PM)

You open ports 6881-6999 not 1024 - 655xx.
Also, make sure the firewall that's built into windows XP is turned off.
I DL torrents with BitTornado at full speed *146 KB/s*.

Mine is set to random ports thats why I don't have just 6881 - 6999. And I always disable the WindowsXP firewall. The computer I'm on right now isn't using XP its using ME (due to circumstances out of my control my personal pc's cpu is unstable do to the fan motor dying out causing the chip to cook).

DrEVOVIII: If its coincidence then how come this always happens when I try BitTornado? I've tried it on more than one occation on different computers. Hell when my personal PC's cpu was cooking itself due to a defective fan I gave it a shot on my family's pc. Same thing happens. The difference I've seen is that with Azurues I always get active seeds while with BitTornado it seems like I never do. And when it comes to computers don't flame me calling me ignorant. Thanks to my family I've had access to mess around with computers since the late 80's wich is alot more experience than at least half this board. So I would appritiate it if you would refrain from flaming me.

As for the whole "client doesn't matter bit" I'd have to say you guys are wrong. All clients aren't created equal. More goes into making a client than just adding features. Each one was coded differently by different programmers with different programming styles and some in totally different programming langauges wich does effect performance. People optimize their code differently thus differences in performance from client to client.

9 Pages  1 2 3 »