Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Boys Band - Crazy Night

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 7,090  ·  Replies: 29 
> Death of the "Forum project threads"
Plentymoon
Posted: Jul 17 2015, 02:17 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,235

I have to agree but also disagree with the Rx-7 club example although it looks like it slowed it really hasn't many of the vet clubbers have simply given up on trying to help new users because they seek make to power out of an engine without actually learning anything first which is what boils down to unanswered threads that get buried quickly by something fairly more relevant.

one of the main problems I use to have with them when I got my very first RX-7 was if your looking for more power buy a 13bt if not rebuild streetport, exhaust and get what you get from that.

unhappy with those answers I did my research found that it was possible to turbo an N/A started talking to very specific forum members who got me on the right track on how to not only build my first engine but to figure out how to tune a carb for boost which I would have never been able to figure out on my own.

whats really killing the forum in that case is people who say "if I can't get it running i'm gonna probably v-8 swap it it will be cheaper and more reliable." If you bought the car for the rotary why the fuck do you want to v-8 swap it?

I get some people V-8 swap because of the light chassis but some kids think otherwise for power that the stock motor on a street port and a turbo could easily make for the same price as that V-8 swap was gonna cost them to begin with.

As for other Forums Take Saab Central. I rarely get Replies to questions I can't get searched up (mainly because i'm driving a fairly harder model to come by when it comes to ownership on the forums) but if you look at other certain sections to the forums you will notice more activity then some its mainly because older cars are becoming so boring that a new generation of drivers and so called enthusiasts think that because its shiney and new its going to be the best choice no real work involved.

But what happens when that car breaks down and your out of warranty? better learn what a wrench is because that starter isn't gonna change itself.

I go on my local car meet up and I'm hit with "why do you drive this piece of shit?" and my answer is all the same "because its a car I like it I bought it for cheap fixed it back up to good running standards without someone else."

Don't get me wrong I will buy a new car someday but I'm young and I want to fix up my own cars now while I still can. But even if I still have warranty it's gonna run out and someone is gonna have to fix it.

This post has been edited by Plentymoon on Jul 17 2015, 05:02 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 17 2015, 04:46 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

>stater
Holy shit we're using magnetos on this shit, bro!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Plentymoon
Posted: Jul 17 2015, 05:01 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 45,235

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 14 minutes, 55 seconds ago)
>stater
Holy shit we're using magnetos on this shit, bro!

lel I fixed it should of spell checked my self maybe twice? three times?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 17 2015, 06:32 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Gotta mess with ya man. Call it pride as the King of Loli Power™

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Wanadrift
  Posted: Jul 23 2015, 03:01 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 5,761

@Plentymoon. The V8 swap scene just took over in every platform's scene(that can support it). I don't know if it's just trendy or laziness or what..

I remember years ago there used to be a sense of pride among the import community. There was a rivalry that we could build the Imports to be just as fast or faster than the V8 cars. I remember reading the Super Street, Turbo, and Import Tuner magazines there was just more faith and pride in the brand that you chose.

Now the first thing people do is look for an easier way to make power. Especially the drift crowd these days. I've seen builds of people who've never even been to 1 event rip the motor out in place for an ls swap. Despite advice from more experienced guys to spend the money on track time and tires.

Its funny when you see a functional car posted and gets no attention but a car on 1 inch of tread and can barely move you can't see the posts fast enough. It just seems like these sort of cars used to be the outlier. Now they are the norm

2 Pages  1 2