Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Lifetime -type A-

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,673  ·  Replies: 21 
> Initial D Arcade 5/6 Should be on PS Vita, Initial D video game for PS Vita
WanganRunnerS30
  Posted: Jan 30 2012, 04:02 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,314

Hello! It's my first time posting on Initial D world. I've been a huge fan of Initial D since 2001 (original Japanese) because of my uncle & it has brought me & my brother (he's younger but smarter) very close to automobiles & the mechanical nature of humankind's greatest invention. Ok! Now fir why I have posted! Do you ladies & gentlemen think that Initial D Arcade Stage 5 or 6AA to Sony's PlayStation Vita? I think so! But I'm guessing Arcade Stage 5 would get a port before 6AA because ID1 was for PS2 (I believe so don't get mad if I'm wrong) ID2 was also for PS2 as well as 3 & arcade stage 3 did get a port for PSP too. BUT the last Initial D arcade game to get a port was Arcade Stage 4 for PS3 back in 2007. Do you get what I'm saying now? Initial D arcade Stage 5 would be the smart way to go because Sega Rosso won't lose a chance to make money off of an older game! Keep in mind that the Vita is region free so IF they decied to make it & that's IF then we'll be able to import NO PROBLEM...BUT we'll also be missing online play & (if they did the DLC cars like in Extreme Stage aka Arcade Stage 4 PS3) DLC cars... That's sad sad.gif let me know what you ladies & gentlemen think! Thank you for reading my post!
WanganRunnerS30
  Posted: Jan 30 2012, 04:06 PM

Shmuck

Btw sorry if I misspelled some of the words X( I'm trying to get use to my iPod touch
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Jan 30 2012, 10:37 PM

MYS Retired Perfectionist Racer

Member No.: 37,532

You know what, some of the players here in KL are thinking about the same thing too.
Well from what we predict, Sega might bring D5 to Vita or PS3, not sure, because no news about it yet. Hopefully there will be news on it soon, and yea we all agree with your post too. But I'm not too sure with the ID1 in PS2.

From what I know,
ID Special Stage similar to ID2 for PS2
ID Street Stage similar to ID3 for PSP
ID Extreme Stage similar to ID4 for PS3
jon360x
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 01:15 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,105

I don't know how ID5 mechanics would do with Vita or PS3 because the controller allows you to press the gas and the break one at a time. (Joystick) not simultaneously. Unless Gas is mapped to X and Brake is mapped to Square then Maybe you can hold the Square and then tap the X to perform drift but then again the handling for ID5 is troublesome because you wouldn't turn the left joystick all the way since in the arcade you can only turn half.

I think ID6AA mechanics is more good. You can use the right joystick for gas and break oso and wheel lock is good so why not grin2.gif

IF they had to make one. D6AA mechanics preferred for people to easily master the game. But D5 mechanics are beginner friendly and its not so hard to pick it up either.

or they could just Make both but i doubt they wanna spend alot just to do that.

This post has been edited by jon360x on Jan 31 2012, 01:25 AM
Markexodia
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 06:40 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,304

it wouldn't be nice.... Initial-D this kind of game, needs to be in Steering and accelerator/brake pedals.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 07:18 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (Markexodia @ 37 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
it wouldn't be nice.... Initial-D this kind of game, needs to be in Steering and accelerator/brake pedals.

you do know that game steerings and pedals are sold in shops right? wink2.gif
Markexodia
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 07:23 AM

IDW Regular Member

Well.... it is but.....its quiet pricy >.< ermm2.gif
jon360x
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 08:43 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

QUOTE (Markexodia @ 2 hours, 2 minutes ago)

Well hey! I bet people could get a very fast time with Extreme Stage with Controllers oso..

Look at D6AA... break gas and then wheel lock... its more easier to execute this on a joystick. grin2.gif cuz its wheel lock.. then just slowly retract the joystick to adjust your drift and out you go from the corner.. easy...

same goes for D5. break... tap gas while holding brake.. then still hold the brake.. while balancing the joystick... you have to be gentle with the joystick for D5 mechanics and then off you go! The game doesn't really need steering and paddles because its an arcade game.. not a simulator wink2.gif

How i know it will work? because I use to play PC racing games with a controller joystick and still able to match up to my friend steering wheel and paddles wink2.gif

This post has been edited by jon360x on Jan 31 2012, 08:44 AM
WanganRunnerS30
  Posted: Jan 31 2012, 01:36 PM

Shmuck

Well THIS IS A RUMOR NOTHING MORE! I heard that on 2chan that Sega Rosso is working on a PS Vita Initial D game BUT IT'S JUST A RUMOR! I still think ID5 is gonna be ported before ID6AA.
WanganRunnerS30
  Posted: Jan 31 2012, 01:37 PM

Shmuck

Btw I have played every single ID game...besides 6AA cuz I haven't had time to go to Round One in pamona CA sad.gif
WanganRunnerS30
  Posted: Jan 31 2012, 06:21 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (jon360x @ 9 hours, 38 minutes ago)
Well hey! I bet people could get a very fast time with Extreme Stage with Controllers oso..

Look at D6AA... break gas and then wheel lock... its more easier to execute this on a joystick. grin2.gif cuz its wheel lock.. then just slowly retract the joystick to adjust your drift and out you go from the corner.. easy...

same goes for D5. break... tap gas while holding brake.. then still hold the brake.. while balancing the joystick... you have to be gentle with the joystick for D5 mechanics and then off you go! The game doesn't really need steering and paddles because its an arcade game.. not a simulator wink2.gif

How i know it will work? because I use to play PC racing games with a controller joystick and still able to match up to my friend steering wheel and paddles wink2.gif

I haven't played 6AA yet sad.gif I'll head over to Round One & play it! I wonder if they also have Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4
tkrd48
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 06:40 PM

IDAS5 Team GT

Member No.: 34,011

QUOTE (jon360x @ Today, 1:15 AM)
I don't know how ID5 mechanics would do with Vita or PS3 because the controller allows you to press the gas and the break one at a time. (Joystick) not simultaneously. Unless Gas is mapped to X and Brake is mapped to Square then Maybe you can hold the Square and then tap the X to perform drift but then again the handling for ID5 is troublesome because you wouldn't turn the left joystick all the way since in the arcade you can only turn half.

I think ID6AA mechanics is more good. You can use the right joystick for gas and break oso and wheel lock is good so why not grin2.gif

IF they had to make one. D6AA mechanics preferred for people to easily master the game. But D5 mechanics are beginner friendly and its not so hard to pick it up either.

or they could just Make both but i doubt they wanna spend alot just to do that.

There are steering controller from many manufacturer... ie Logitac...
jon360x
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 03:44 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

QUOTE (tkrd48 @ 9 hours, 4 minutes ago)
There are steering controller from many manufacturer... ie Logitac...

Yea i know.. but obviously if the game is produced... most people would be playing it with controllers no? majority wise will have controllers.
Turbo 85
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 01:43 PM

Caucasian Usui God

Member No.: 2,131

In my opinion, if they make any initial d game for the PS Vita, it will most likely be ID6 because, as jon260x said, the physics of ID5 would not port well to a handheld device. If we're talking about PS3, both games would be an option, but ID6 is more likely as more people will be playing with a controller rather than a wheel.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 04:20 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

QUOTE (WanganRunnerS30 @ Jan 31 2012, 01:37 PM)
Btw I have played every single ID game...besides 6AA cuz I haven't had time to go to Round One in pamona CA sad.gif

If you and I are thinking about the same Round One Arcade, then you are thinking about the City of Industry and not Pomona. Just to clarify things. happy.gif

I've actually been meaning to go out to Round One for a while because I heard that they actually have ID6AA machines in great condition. I've tried a bit of ID2 before because they have a pair of old machines at my local movie theater and I can't say that I'm good at it... But I want to start playing a little ID6AA on the side for fun, and I want a card too. pinch2.gif
WanganRunnerS30
  Posted: Feb 3 2012, 02:28 AM

Shmuck

Sorry I meant city of industry X( I was gonna buy a good condition ID3 arcade machine for $400 but I'm broke :/
WanganRunnerS30
  Posted: Apr 6 2012, 09:14 PM

Shmuck

I still think Sega has no reason at all to release a port of a current arcade exclusive to a home console...but you gals & gents could be right because Initial D Extreme Stage was release about a year or so after ID4 was released for the arcade.
Orisue
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 09:44 PM

The Lurker Kitty

Member No.: 37,618

QUOTE (WanganRunnerS30 @ Jan 31 2012, 06:21 PM)
I haven't played 6AA yet sad.gif I'll head over to Round One & play it! I wonder if they also have Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4

From what i remember MT was 3dx there,
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Markexodia
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 04:37 AM

IDW Regular Member

I heard rumors New Street Stage releasing but... don't know whether true or not... hope it will release. this is 1 of the reason i bought vita
RIT_ninja
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 04:28 AM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

QUOTE (Markexodia @ Apr 7 2012, 04:37 AM)
I heard rumors New Street Stage releasing but... don't know whether true or not... hope it will release. this is 1 of the reason i bought vita

I wouldn't get my hopes up on Sega releasing another Initial D anytime soon. Partially because all the console releases got mediocre sales. On top of that, the Japanese economy isn't doing so well, seeing that Sega is struggling to barely keep its company alive with a few games. Making arcade games like Initial D is already extra expenses, I don't see any room for them to even develop a port (not to mention Sega doesn't have an ID engine made for the Vita yet even if they have the development kit). If they are gonna release a new game, it would be ID6AA for PS3 as the biggest possibility
Markexodia
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 07:38 AM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (RIT_ninja @ 3 hours, 10 minutes ago)
I wouldn't get my hopes up on Sega releasing another Initial D anytime soon. Partially because all the console releases got mediocre sales. On top of that, the Japanese economy isn't doing so well, seeing that Sega is struggling to barely keep its company alive with a few games. Making arcade games like Initial D is already extra expenses, I don't see any room for them to even develop a port (not to mention Sega doesn't have an ID engine made for the Vita yet even if they have the development kit). If they are gonna release a new game, it would be ID6AA for PS3 as the biggest possibility

i heard they say before every Console they will release a series. But mostly they are doing in arcade because they want to earn. Console is just an Extra. Arcade is for the earnings
tkrd48
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 07:51 AM

IDAS5 Team GT

Member No.: 34,011

QUOTE (RIT_ninja @ 3 hours, 23 minutes ago)

I guess at this rate... we will get the port in next gen console... PS4...