Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Extasy In My Dream

Views: 3,957  ·  Replies: 4 
> Open/Close - "Thoughts on Racy Images..." Thread, Do you want it open or closed?

Do you think the "Thoughts on Racy Images" thread in Off-Topic should be open or closed? (Please explain your choice.)
Open [ 7 ]  [43.75%]
Closed [ 9 ]  [56.25%]
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
kyonpalm
  Posted on Aug 29 2012, 10:51 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

One topic that has stirred up a lot of emotion recently is this discussion on the merit of "loli" illustrations as either art or indecent:
https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=44664

It kicked off to a fiery start, with lots of name-calling and venomous retorts, but posters like JKaiba and Sanae provided a very level-headed approach to the argument. The question here is, should it stay open or closed?

Those in favor of it being closed might cite the previous bout of harsh posting styles as an indicator of it being a powder-keg thread, therefore it should stay closed, in case it may blow up.

Those in favor of it staying open might cite the level-headed posts by JKaiba and Sanae, as well as the fact that after the initial spark had died down, the discussion had finally turned into a civil and legitimate discussion, even amongst the harsh posters, therefore it should stay open, as it's a healthy debate.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions here (please keep it to just the topic of whether the thread should be closed or open - don't talk about the "loli" discussion here.)

I would voice my opinions, but unfortunately I am exempt from doing so, as I can only back up the staff's decision to close the thread, and any word to the contrary would mean a violation of the moderator ruleset. I say this in case anyone wonders why I am not publicly speaking about it, even though I asked everyone else to.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
MetalMan777
Posted on Aug 30 2012, 03:12 PM

Snooping as usual

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 32,588

I came here to vote Scumbag Perry, which is my offical vote for all polls since 1977.

This post has been edited by Cactus on Aug 30 2012, 03:12 PM
NeedaHEMI
Posted on Aug 31 2012, 08:35 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,825

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Aug 29 2012, 10:51 AM)
It kicked off to a fiery start, with lots of name-calling and venomous retorts, but posters like JKaiba and Sanae provided a very level-headed approach to the argument.

Nevermind the guy fighting an one-sided argument against 10 other people, anway I vote "closed" and broke the tie.

This post has been edited by NeedaHEMI on Aug 31 2012, 08:36 PM
Shirogane
Posted on Aug 31 2012, 08:48 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (NeedaHEMI @ 12 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
Nevermind the guy fighting an one-sided argument against 10 other people, anway I vote "closed" and broke the tie.

Riiiight.

Debates like that don't exactly have a good stay here, so closed it is.

This post has been edited by Ken Nōgami on Aug 31 2012, 08:48 PM
NeedaHEMI
Posted on Aug 31 2012, 08:52 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,825

QUOTE (Ken Nōgami @ 4 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
Riiiight.

Debates like that don't exactly have a good stay here, so closed it is.

Thanks for the constructive feedback friend