Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Take Me Back to Tokyo

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 5,720  ·  Replies: 16 
> The "What wheel do you use" thread
Jdmyo93
  Posted: Jan 7 2011, 08:58 PM

Feelin a little furry?

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,392

Ok this is just siimply of what the title says. Post what wheel you have, and maybe give your opinion of it of how it handles GT5.

Sorry mods I havent found a thread like this where all discussion of wheels are in one thread. If there is its old anyways laugh.gif

Ok here is mine

Logitech MOMO Force Feedback

My experience with mine is horrible, wheel response have a delay (well for me), cant use shifter, only paddles.

Its not configurable so I just have to deal with the default controls on the wheel mad.gif

flohtingPoint
Posted: Jan 7 2011, 09:21 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,944

I dont play GT anymore, but I use a Logi G27. It has a clutch pedal and a 6 speed gear selector but I dont bother with it, as it only makes you lose time.
Jdmyo93
  Posted: Jan 9 2011, 09:54 AM

Feelin a little furry?

But you can configure the controls to shift with the paddles or the shifter (H-shifter and sequential)?
chillined
Posted: Jan 9 2011, 02:16 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 23,552

QUOTE (flohtingPoint @ Yesterday, 12:21 AM)
I dont play GT anymore, but I use a Logi G27. It has a clutch pedal and a 6 speed gear selector but I dont bother with it, as it only makes you lose time.

I think the 6 speed gives a serious realistic feeling.
Bubs
Posted: Jan 9 2011, 02:29 PM

Plep

Member No.: 1,079

I have had a Logitech MOMO racing wheel for years. It has the stupid paddles and it has a sequential style shifter. I just repurpose the paddles as buttons. But, I don't have the space in my room or the interest to use it for my 360, so it was used for NFS Porsche Unleashed and Live for Speed, but now it just collects dust.
flohtingPoint
Posted: Jan 9 2011, 03:17 PM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (chillined @ 1 hour, 1 minutes ago)
I think the 6 speed gives a serious realistic feeling.

If one is playing Gran Turismo, "realistic feeling" is not a factor in the first place, as it fails monstrously as a simulator.
orion
Posted: Jan 11 2011, 10:37 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 34,689

i use a g25, same as a g27 but with a different button config, and the gear stick can be set to either sequential or h box. its a lot more fun to play with the wheel compared to the controlled.
chillined
Posted: Jan 13 2011, 08:51 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (flohtingPoint @ Jan 9 2011, 06:17 PM)
If one is playing Gran Turismo, "realistic feeling" is not a factor in the first place, as it fails monstrously as a simulator.

Ah, true, makes complete sense. By the way, what game do you play for the best simulation? I personally like Live For Speed. And That's what I kinda meant for realistic, hence I haven't even played GT5 yet.
flohtingPoint
Posted: Jan 13 2011, 09:31 PM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (chillined @ 40 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
Ah, true, makes complete sense. By the way, what game do you play for the best simulation? I personally like Live For Speed. And That's what I kinda meant for realistic, hence I haven't even played GT5 yet.

iRacing. That's about as real as someone in the general public is going to get for less than arm/leg.
chillined
Posted: Jan 15 2011, 09:44 PM

IDW Goldmember

I was wondering what you thought of Live For Speed.
flohtingPoint
Posted: Jan 16 2011, 08:52 AM

IDW Banned Member

It's more game than sim. Worlds better than Gran Turismo (GT is more Ridge Racer than Sim) but not in iRacings league.
Jdmyo93
  Posted: Jan 16 2011, 09:47 AM

Feelin a little furry?

QUOTE (orion @ Jan 11 2011, 10:37 PM)
i use a g25, same as a g27 but with a different button config, and the gear stick can be set to either sequential or h box. its a lot more fun to play with the wheel compared to the controlled.

Wait so the G27 doesnt have sequential shifting? sad.gif
Not too much of a problem but it would be nice to have still when I dont want to do H shifting. I dont like paddle shifting sorry.

BTW anybody here tried this wheel?
http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_usa/prod...57&session=true

Looks like its worth the price to go w00t2.gif
chillined
Posted: Jan 23 2011, 06:29 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Jdmyo93 @ Jan 16 2011, 12:47 PM)
Wait so the G27 doesnt have sequential shifting? sad.gif
Not too much of a problem but it would be nice to have still when I dont want to do H shifting. I dont like paddle shifting sorry.

BTW anybody here tried this wheel?
http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_usa/prod...57&session=true

Looks like its worth the price to go w00t2.gif

The chances that you'll drive a car with a seq. transmission without paddles is next to none, so the fact that the paddles are there is a good thing.

There's a lot of comparisons for the 911 wheel and the G25/27, but I'd get the G27 anyways.
Boost1995
Posted: Jan 23 2011, 07:38 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 31,272

DFGT has worked great for me so far. I haven't found any real problems with it. I drive a manual car In real life, so if I want a true wheel feel then I'll just go for a drive. If I want to drive my virtual cars and have fun, the DFGT is nice.

Have fun and enjoy the game.

This post has been edited by Boost1995 on Jan 23 2011, 07:45 PM
Type 100
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 06:31 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 37,520

My own wheel is a Mad Catz MC2 for PS2, paired with GT4. Infinitely better than playing with the controller, but it could do with more steering lock. Pretty good for an old wheel, though. Lovely for practicing time attacks with
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 08:33 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

I'm using a Logitech G25.
Vile
Posted: Oct 2 2011, 05:48 PM

IDW's Furfag

Member No.: 30,586

I got the Fanatec 911 Carrera wheel. I must say that I love the wheel. The only big cons was the loud shifter and the standard pedals. The shifter was an easy fix though, as I did this mod.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/gran-turism...hifter-mod.html

What is holding me back right now is the crappy pedals. I can only brake 50% when applied when I press the brakes all the way. So I just want to ask, anybody here have an extra G25/G27 pedal that are will to sell to me?