Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Takumi Shouri!

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

11 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 21,393  ·  Replies: 270 
> Destiny, Bungie's next epic?
APX
Posted: Jul 26 2014, 05:50 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,473

Enjoying the mp, it's still uneven in the sense you are either on the op team, or on the crap team. It's never a close game.
Alastair
Posted: Jul 26 2014, 06:25 PM

SNTS

Member No.: 27,312

that moon mission was pretty intense, so excited for the final product.
Tessou
Posted: Jul 26 2014, 06:36 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

The moon is better if you disregard the mission and explore the vastness of it all.

I know it's not possible to do this anymore, but by digging deep into the massive Hellmouth area, you could drum up some amazing rewards for your efforts. The Ogre (two of them) and Shrieker boss enemies spawned in the lower levels, alongside some golden chests containing unique loot. Cecilia and I spent about an hour and a half exploring the moon, killing lots of Hive, and plundering treasures.

Also, somebody managed to get an Exotic piece of gear today. Locked at level 20, of course. Gaze in awe at this lovely gauntlet.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1600 x 900. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
APX
Posted: Jul 26 2014, 07:59 PM

One thing I learned from mp. Shotguns are OPPPP when in the right hands. It's not like the COD shotguns, even about 2-5 feet away you won't get a one shot kill, dead in the chest is of course a kill, that's the only gun I get annoyed at, besides the random bs deaths I get, hitting people 4 times in the face doesn't take the shield down on some. But drops others. dry.gif they gotta fix the mp.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
PWNatorPWNED
Posted: Jul 26 2014, 09:26 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,831

Played a bit of the beta just now. I'm really impressed smile.gif

One of the Fallen Spider robot thingies (?) spawned while I was roaming around with a friend. We thought we weren't going to destroy it, but we managed to at the very last second cool.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jul 26 2014, 11:03 PM

Group Icon

My Cryptarch is level 3 and I still cannot get usable uncommon gauntlets for my Titan. All of my gear is uncommon aside from the damn gauntlets.

I set foot in forbidden zones today just to see how far the Beta's landscape could go...

King's Watch stops you short via a set of glass doors that your mighty Guardian cannot circumvent. You can see inside, and even throw grenades through the pane over the doors, but nothing will open them. I found some difficult to reach alcoves around the hallways leading to the doors, but they were only accessible through physics glitches (lrn 2 xploit) and nothing was found in any of them. One of them was actually a "one way" alcove that was impossible to get out of without going into orbit and reloading. Some zealous players have found ways to glitch into the area, and enemies load in, but they're all level 20. There is a dead Ghost in there, but it does not activate a grimoire entry.

On the terrifying end of things, The Grottos (easily reached via the Forgotten Shores) is chock full of level ?? enemies (they're actually level 20). With one of the better Sparrows (not the default one), you can speed through the place and dodge the copious amounts of insta-kill gunfire. There is a Shrieker here that will kill you if it fires at you. The only killable version of this insane boss was deep in The Hellmouth on the moon, so if you missed it earlier today, you won't get to see what happens when you kill it (it's pretty awesome) until September 9th.

Bunker RAS-2 is under the second radio tower in the Forgotten Shores, guarded by three Hallowed Knights that will insta-kill you. Upon sneaking into the room, I found that it has no exits to other rooms. Some glitchy players have found that one of the crates in the room is actually a hidden doorway to the Seraphim Vault, the abode of... well, I don't want to spoil it. awesome.gif There are no enemies in the Vault. It's insanely glitchy and full of false floors due to the method of entry.

Beta ends tomorrow, or so press releases say. Bungie hinted that the Beta will go beyond that (just like the Alpha), presumably for some last minute testing, and player torture.
Spaz
Posted: Jul 27 2014, 07:32 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

The moon was indeed pretty awesome. The rest of my fireteam declined to play from what I saw so they have no idea what to expect.

And as a plus, September is not that far away! That'll be an expensive week... Racing weekend followed by Destiny launch? No life from the start of race prep until the point where through some cosmic coincidence I end up becoming bored of Destiny.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
APX
Posted: Jul 27 2014, 05:44 PM

Destiny beta is over... I feel like those people you see that are just wondering what the fuck happend. I miss it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by APX on Jul 27 2014, 05:45 PM
Tessou
Posted: Jul 29 2014, 01:46 PM

Group Icon

I'm still getting over the fact that I can't play Destiny again until September. I haven't touched my 360 to play games since I got the "servers offline" message. It's as if I cannot stomach playing anything else since it won't stand up to the amount of fun and camaraderie that Destiny gave me in that short half-week.

It wasn't super polished, but I wasn't expecting it to be, as I had participated in a few other Bungie betas in the past. It was pretty damn magical. When they unlocked the Moon as a playable area, that moment when we got to see our ships fly away from Earth for the first time was breathtaking. Discovering things beyond the designated path was rewarding and memorable (THAT SHRIEKER ON THE MOON). Completing the strike mission on the hardest difficulty by the skin of your teeth was simply amazing, even if you got shit loot for your troubles. The journey was worth it.
Spaz
Posted: Jul 30 2014, 08:17 AM

Group Icon

It's only going to be better in September. Just look at (if you got to see it) the improvements that have been made over the Alpha, and how much more had been added. This is going to be EPIC.
Tessou
Posted: Jul 30 2014, 09:10 AM

Group Icon

One thing that has bugged me is Bungie's silence regarding playable areas. Exploration was a "big bullet" on the list of things Bungie wanted to do with Destiny, but the Beta really didn't have a lot of that in Old Russia. I loved the architecture of the place, don't get me wrong. It was the abundance of literally identical caves that had me going "uhhhhhhh....".

Bungie has been sort of flip-floppy about the playable area in the final release. Will Earth be simply Old Russia and the Tower, or will it include Old Chicago and the Eastern Flood Zone? There is a lot of rumor going around that these other areas will be part of the two announced DLC packages coming post-release, and that is rather unnerving.
APX
Posted: Jul 30 2014, 01:59 PM

The caves made me feel like I was playing a halo game, where it was just there to make it look 'real and big' But as soon as you went in the cave, 10 feet later a dead end. But the monsters were spawning there just a minute ago? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS.
Spaz
Posted: Jul 31 2014, 08:36 AM

Group Icon

I like Old Chicago, they have good beer. laugh2.gif

Personally, I'm in it for story and PvP. Bungie has proven themselves very capable of creating fun, balanced multiplayer experiences, so with the best gear being unlockable through that anyway, you won't catch me complaining if there's a lack of expansive exploring.
Tessou
Posted: Jul 31 2014, 09:22 AM

Group Icon

Actually, you don't need to play PVP to get the "exclusive" Crucible gear. Crucible marks are obtainable in other ways.
Spaz
Posted: Aug 1 2014, 08:42 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 12:22 PM)
Actually, you don't need to play PVP to get the "exclusive" Crucible gear. Crucible marks are obtainable in other ways.

Good to know!
Tessou
Posted: Aug 1 2014, 06:00 PM

Group Icon

The quartermasters have the "material trade" option and will trade a certain amount of stuff you find on the field, like spinmetal, in exchange for either Vanguard or Crucible marks. I gave the Crucible quartermaster 40 spinmetal and got 5 Crucible marks.

Granted, having a lot of marks means nothing if you don't have the requisite reputation level for the gear you're looking for. Some items say you need X amount of marks and X level reputation. You're gonna have to fight in the Crucible for those, or do a ton of Vanguard missions.
Tessou
Posted: Sep 2 2014, 10:26 AM

Group Icon

Destiny drops one week from today. I trust everybody has their preorders paid off and a lot of space on their hard drives since this requires a fairly hefty install (18GB) before you can actually play the game.

Even then, a lot of people are fearing another server blackout.

I won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday morning since I work at night and cannot feasibly appear for a midnight release. sad.gif
MidnightViper88
Posted: Sep 2 2014, 12:03 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

I've got more space than I can use in a long time on hard drive I bought for my PS3 several years ago, so I'm good to go. I'll just be getting my copy at work, since I can use my 10% Target employee discount plus the 5% discount for paying with the REDCard.

So that's a $1 reservation card that also gives a $5 gift card when I pay for the game within a week of release day. Or really, $0.86 for Target to pay me to buy a copy of a game from them for $54.37. Perks.

Tuesday is even the day that Weeklies reset on SWTOR, so I'm going to have a hard time balancing out two MMORPGs in my life. >< Looks like continuing to gear my Jedi Sentinel is going to have to have to wait a bit as I become a Warlock in another life instead.
Spaz
Posted: Sep 3 2014, 08:38 AM

Group Icon

I've got my digital copy reserved, just gotta wait for the email link to preload it.

I'm so done standing in fucking line for games until 12:30 just to have to drive home and spend another 30 minutes installing it while reading the same 8 FB posts about how awesome the game is over and over. 1:30 rolls around, and then it's time for a mission or two before bed. Fuck that noise.
MidnightViper88
Posted: Sep 3 2014, 03:19 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

Even if I did get a game from a place that did a midnight release, I'm getting old, and I can't fucking stay up late like I used to. My body is used to early mornings and general fatigue, fuck that.
Spaz
Posted: Sep 4 2014, 08:46 AM

Group Icon

Yep, I can't do past 2AM anymore, and even then it's once every couple weeks and the nights between I'm playing catch-up. Getting old sucks.
Tessou
Posted: Sep 4 2014, 11:20 AM

Group Icon

I get home at around 2am every morning, play a bit of minecraft to update my server, and promptly fall asleep until around 10am. My game time will be during the days, which is perfect since all the little snot nosed kids are in school now. smile.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 4 2014, 10:22 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

I played the beta for this when it was out and really enjoyed it, anyone getting it with the PS4 bundle?
Tessou
Posted: Sep 4 2014, 11:44 PM

Group Icon

I wouldn't buy a PS4 if it was free. Did not enjoy my PS3 in the least.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Sep 5 2014, 01:39 AM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 3 hours, 17 minutes ago)
I played the beta for this when it was out and really enjoyed it, anyone getting it with the PS4 bundle?

No, but I am getting it for my black PS4. None of this white nonsense in my house, that's for sure. laugh.gif

11 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »