Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Nakazato's Theme

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

30 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 78,908  ·  Replies: 733 
> IDAS5 Technical Thread, Temporary Tech Discussion Thread
Fuzz
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 01:35 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,618

I'm driving the RX-7 RS right now, almost half tuned now and run 3:21 on akina. I can give the FC a try and see how it runs. BUT they may have a different driving style, i'll give a try and let u know wat i think. I currently only have the rx-7rs car and was thinking of having the fc along with a possible ae86 to complete the garage.

Bu-dong, mind sharing your TA with us so I can see if i'm making good progress or not.
BDDEE@
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 01:39 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 21,568

time attack ones? for akina?
ArEa51
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 01:51 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 32,268

So far, the fastest timing I ever seen in Singapore for Akina Downhill dry is 3:17.xxx

But youtube, I've seen a AE86 having 3:09.xxx
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 02:29 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 32,272

atm im 3'27'8xx with like 2-1-2-0-0 tuned evo 3.

and yeh thats the best here so far (2nd day), tho stock and fulltune difference is 10 seconds+ so we'll see what times we run here after i fulltune and others fulltune.

ill post the vid of the ae86 doing 3'09 on another thread.
Fuzz
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 06:50 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

tried the FC today, its really good. On a stock FC i did 3:24 on Akina and 3:xx on Akagi. Just over 2secs slower than my half tuned RX7 RS and just under 2 secs on Akagi. So far, the fastest time at my arcade is 3:20 but saw someone with 3:17 near full tuned.
Jerry Liu
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 08:48 AM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Member No.: 29,300

QUOTE (Fuzz @ 7 hours, 12 minutes ago)
I'm driving the RX-7 RS right now, almost half tuned now and run 3:21 on akina. I can give the FC a try and see how it runs. BUT they may have a different driving style, i'll give a try and let u know wat i think. I currently only have the rx-7rs car and was thinking of having the fc along with a possible ae86 to complete the garage.

Bu-dong, mind sharing your TA with us so I can see if i'm making good progress or not.

Can you compare the RS and Efini for me? Thanks.
Fuzz
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 09:17 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

the RX-7 Type R and RX-7 RS? i'll see if i have time on monday, doubt i have time on sunday.
Jerry Liu
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 09:29 AM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Lol, as long as you try out both FDs for me and compare them for me, it's fine. Thanks a lot.
*j*j*
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 10:02 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

juz cm back wit the boys fr IDing V5 in TS ... tried the RS ,(stock) n to my surprise it handles well, love the beeping sound (reminds me to change my gears), good acceleration, the corners in AKINA doesnt look diff to handles as like the 86 n overall is quite a good car for me ... will get it once i get my 86 n FT 1st n RS will b my 2nd car plus GC8V to complete my garage ... laugh.gif
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 10:32 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 20,944

Jerry, can you please stop asking for the differences for the time being? we'll get back to you once we find out, don't pester so much.

no offence dude, i mean good. just that it's getting a little annoying.

if we do forget, remind us later.

i'll offer my observations from driving those 2 cars recently.

the efini is top car for akagi uh. the rs doesn't accelerate as much as the efini on akagi uh. on the rest of the maps, the rs seems to be more balanced than the efini in terms of stability and accel.

This post has been edited by shadow_z3r0 on Mar 21 2009, 10:35 AM
Bu`DoNg
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 11:12 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,286

@ fuzz:

timing? didnt really run much ta yet.. haha... i dun even noe am i making good progress... haha.. but as for now i've seen a few 3'1x on akina dh in sg.. seems pretty fast.. well, if u wan to know a fast timing in akina dh, i would say RS4 probably have the fastest timing in sg as of now ? 3'11 for him.

iro average timing i guess would be ard the range of 3'15 to 3'16?

anyway if u ask me abt the fc and fd (both type)... i would say the fd certainly have more potential den the fc from the way i see how others are playing.

as i say b4, the 2 fds i dun think makes much difference.but apparently, the type R seems to be the faster car for akagi uh. laugh.gif
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 11:19 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 21,171

I think FC is a bit more of a challenge to handle compared to the FDs .. It's not as stable, but still, it turns quite well. Other then that .. Most probably the FDs will win. I'm not sure though, mine isn't full - tuned ..
Jerry Liu
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 02:12 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

QUOTE (shadow_z3r0 @ 3 hours, 39 minutes ago)
Jerry, can you please stop asking for the differences for the time being? we'll get back to you once we find out, don't pester so much.

no offence dude, i mean good. just that it's getting a little annoying.

if we do forget, remind us later.

i'll offer my observations from driving those 2 cars recently.

the efini is top car for akagi uh. the rs doesn't accelerate as much as the efini on akagi uh. on the rest of the maps, the rs seems to be more balanced than the efini in terms of stability and accel.

Sorry, it's just I've asked before and no one has done it.
stormfox
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 06:59 PM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

well... no matter how many times you ask.. it will be hard to get a comparison.. unless someone can get hands on Full Tuned version of BOTH cars...

guess you'll just gotta wait longer...

or just go with whatever makes your heart throb wink2.gif
Rei.G
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 08:04 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,210

i will go with FD efini. because it has a akagi UH homeground advantage.
unless you don't really play akagi, from the IR TA, the RS is overall a bit better than the efini.
Jerry Liu
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 11:45 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

QUOTE (stormfox @ 4 hours, 46 minutes ago)
well... no matter how many times you ask.. it will be hard to get a comparison.. unless someone can get hands on Full Tuned version of BOTH cars...

guess you'll just gotta wait longer...

or just go with whatever makes your heart throb wink2.gif

You can still compare stock vs. stock...
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 22 2009, 02:16 AM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (Jerry Liu @ 2 hours, 30 minutes ago)

ive said it a million times in the past.

if you think the car will make you even 0.01% better your really pathetically mistaken.

no matter what you choose it wont affect your times and it wont affect how you drive be it a fr 4wd ff mr or bicycle.

stop asking what the best version of this car or the best car in the game is.

quite simply the best car in the game is the driver.
Rei.G
Posted: Mar 22 2009, 07:17 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,210

QUOTE (Jerry Liu @ 7 hours, 32 minutes ago)

why dont you check the TA IR and compare it yourself?
stormfox
Posted: Mar 22 2009, 07:32 AM

Underdog Nutcase

QUOTE (Jerry Liu @ 7 hours, 45 minutes ago)

like someone mentioned... FT and Stock is like Chocolate and Shit... who knows what type of chocolate the shit will turn into.

heck.. unless you are reaching within 3s of #1 World Rankings you wont see any visible difference no matter which one you drive.

just go with whichever have the looks that make your heart throb

or like Rei.G says... go check the IR for your answers...

or send us your bank account and we will happily do an FT vs FT comparison for you. (Don't do this. Never. Ever)

This post has been edited by stormfox on Mar 22 2009, 07:32 AM
Jerry Liu
Posted: Mar 22 2009, 08:21 AM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

QUOTE (Tsyta @ 6 hours, 5 minutes ago)
ive said it a million times in the past.

if you think the car will make you even 0.01% better your really pathetically mistaken.

no matter what you choose it wont affect your times and it wont affect how you drive be it a fr 4wd ff mr or bicycle.

stop asking what the best version of this car or the best car in the game is.

quite simply the best car in the game is the driver.

It's one thing to be a good driver, it's another to have a good car, too. I will admit, I am not exactly what you would call "pro", but I am not exactly a "noob", either. If you had a choice between two of the same cars with different performances, wouldn't you want the better one? Like, if you had a choice between an EVO IX and EVO IX MR, you'd rather take the MR, wouldn't you?

And can someone show me the IR? I just checked the website and can't find it. (Sorry, I can't read Japanese and I tried hovering my cursor over to the links to see what it is in English and can't find it)

Eh, I'll wait for Fuzz to come back so he can tell us the comparison.

This post has been edited by Jerry Liu on Mar 22 2009, 08:26 AM
H.Z
Posted: Mar 22 2009, 09:56 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 25,111

Hi Jerry,

http://sega-initiald.net/inid5/p/ranking/rnk_ta_car.html

The above link is IR by car type. You can select the course and view the car type different timings...

for eg, Akina dry down for FD3S as of this post is 3'09"918 vs FD3S6 / 3'09"818...

This post has been edited by H.Z on Mar 22 2009, 09:57 AM
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 22 2009, 01:20 PM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (Jerry Liu @ 4 hours, 58 minutes ago)
It's one thing to be a good driver, it's another to have a good car, too. I will admit, I am not exactly what you would call "pro", but I am not exactly a "noob", either. If you had a choice between two of the same cars with different performances, wouldn't you want the better one? Like, if you had a choice between an EVO IX and EVO IX MR, you'd rather take the MR, wouldn't you?

And can someone show me the IR? I just checked the website and can't find it. (Sorry, I can't read Japanese and I tried hovering my cursor over to the links to see what it is in English and can't find it)

Eh, I'll wait for Fuzz to come back so he can tell us the comparison.

depends what your definition of a good car is.

if you think a car that runs 100 splits faster than another car means its 'better' then go choose that better car.

and about that evo 9 question, id never drive an evo 9, if u reworded that question and said would u rather choose and evo 9 or an evo 3 id have happily said evo 3 =).

sucks waiting for double dollars here or thursdays so i can go in and play initial d half price, other than that i dont wanna use money fulltuning my car paying at full price thats ghey.
stormfox
Posted: Mar 22 2009, 04:37 PM

Underdog Nutcase

QUOTE (Tsyta @ 3 hours, 17 minutes ago)
depends what your definition of a good car is.

if you think a car that runs 100 splits faster than another car means its 'better' then go choose that better car.

and about that evo 9 question, id never drive an evo 9, if u reworded that question and said would u rather choose and evo 9 or an evo 3 id have happily said evo 3 =).

sucks waiting for double dollars here or thursdays so i can go in and play initial d half price, other than that i dont wanna use money fulltuning my car paying at full price thats ghey.

well... think of it the other way.. it saves $$$$$ since you only play once a week rolleyes.gif

imagine if everyday was Double Dollars... you'll be tempted to go everyday.. anytime of the day...

(darn.. my foot itches)

----------------------------
@Jerry

in the case of FD... they are so close in performance that i will take whichever have a bodykit that tickles my senses...

IX and IX MR isn't an analogy of RS and Spirit.
The VII and IX is a better comparison. Both are CT9As with varying internals.

oh yea... instead of the IX i took the VII (currently weaker of the 2 based on IR)
just becos i love it so

------------------------------------------
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 22 2009, 06:23 PM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (stormfox @ 1 hour, 45 minutes ago)

well... think of it the other way.. it saves $$$$$ since you only play once a week rolleyes.gif

imagine if everyday was Double Dollars... you'll be tempted to go everyday.. anytime of the day...

(darn.. my foot itches)

----------------------------
@Jerry

in the case of FD... they are so close in performance that i will take whichever have a bodykit that tickles my senses...

IX and IX MR isn't an analogy of RS and Spirit.
The VII and IX is a better comparison. Both are CT9As with varying internals.

oh yea... instead of the IX i took the VII (currently weaker of the 2 based on IR)
just becos i love it so

------------------------------------------

we have everyday double dollars on february and november.

besides from that every 1st wednesday of the month is double dollars... so ill top up like $200 on my card ($400, 200 ID games) and u can play that through out the month.

but thursdays its a 1 day only half price thing, so u top up like $20 and HAVE to spend it on that day, if u dont then it'll just turn into normal credit the next day.

therefore i have to wait for every thursday to play until the 1st wednesday of may, which i will top up over 300 and fulltune tongue.gif.
Jerry Liu
Posted: Mar 22 2009, 09:26 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Thank you. I have made up my mind and decided to replace my Efini with the RS.

30 Pages  1 2 3 4 »