Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Stream Of Tears

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,074  ·  Replies: 4 
> Need Drifting feedback, Help me tune my game
Shiroboi
  Posted: May 4 2015, 08:52 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,962

Hey guys, it's been a few months since I last talked to you about our Drift Rebels, initial D fangame.

Here's what's going on.

1. The Facebook fanpage has been blowing up lately, there seems to be growing interest in the project, getting around 17 likes a day with no promotion

2. Our big core racing engine is almost done. This is the platform that Drift Rebels will be based on.

3. I'm really stuck on the physics and drift models. My plan from the beginning has been to launch smaller games to help us work out issues and collect assets. Our most recent game has been Drift City Parking. This is the first game where I attempted to use actual car physics to drift.

I'm aware of some things I did right and things I did wrong with this game. Because the physics are realistic, drifting is optional, you don't have to do it, just like in real life. The car drifts just fine but also like in real life, you have to work at it. There's no 'Super Easy Mode" that appeals to a majority of mobile users. My older road drifting physics didn't work well in the city so I had to re-tune the cars for this environment. Anyway, this is the first early preview you guys are going to be able to get your hands on.

iOS Verison: 3D Drift City Parking

Android Version: Coming Soon

I've had very little feedback on this game so far and I could use some good ideas specifically about the drift system, how to make it better and how to make people drift more.

As a bonus, I did the title screen image for Drift City using Cel shaders which I think will represent the look for Drift Rebels.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Falbere
Posted: May 4 2015, 10:25 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

Avoid words like "simulator". That's oddly specific. The term "arcade" and "simulator" hurts each other.
The name on the app store is also pretty darn long.
"3D Drift Car Parking - Sports Car City Racing and Drifting Championship Simulator : Free Arcade Game"

This post has been edited by Falbere on May 4 2015, 10:29 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Shiroboi
  Posted: May 4 2015, 11:32 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Unlike Google Play, Apple's search system only works for exact word matches. You only get 100 characters to use for keywords so if you want your app to be discoverable, you really need to stuff the name with as many keywords as possible. I don't particularly like it persay but it definitely is effective. If someone searches for "Parking Simulator" I want my app to come up. If someone searches for "Drift Racing Game" I want my app to come up. There's definitely an art to it.

On a side note, I will not keyword stuff this bad with Drift Rebels. I'll keep it much more to the point.

This post has been edited by Shiroboi on May 5 2015, 01:44 AM
Falbere
Posted: May 5 2015, 02:08 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

I guess... I can't really evaluate the game though. I am trying it on a iPhone 4 and it crashes while loading (I know it isn't meant to run ^^)
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Shiroboi
  Posted: May 5 2015, 03:25 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Aw man, would have been great for you to run the game. It most definitely will not run on a iphone4. Not enough RAM to run the game.