Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Maiko - Don't Go Baby

Important Rules
• Do NOT post any torrents other than Initial D and automotive related stuff.
• Give the original torrent maker (if it was not originated from this forums.) proper credit.
• If you wish to start a new topic, please contact either the FORUM MODERATORS or one of the ADMINISTRATORS via PM or E-Mail.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 27,391  ·  Replies: 11 
> Seeding files using a public .torrent tracker., Manual & unrestricted way of seeding.
aftermath
  Posted: Dec 5 2005, 07:05 AM

[Aki Hoshino Fan]

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 13,271

Alternative/Manual way of seeding files on a public torrent tracker.

Since there are some complaints on why we could only use Azureus to download some files seeded by an Azureus user using its Internal Tracker function, I've decided to make this tutorial so all of us can download torrents via our favorite BitTorrent client.

Requirements:
1] Tracker with upload .torrent capability (NOT only a upload site).

You can look for trackers HERE. In this tutorial I'm going to use Torrent Trader Lite v1 as the tracker.

2] MD5 Sum Generator, since torrents needs this for file integrity checking.

I recommend md5summer v1.2.0.5. [site] [direct download]

3] Torrent Creator, well DUH! You can't download without the .torrent itself.

I recomend TorrentSpy v0.2.4.26. [site] [direct download]

4] Torrent Download Client, again.. DUH!

For this tutorial, im going to use BitTornado. Im not going to use Azureus. *peace* [site] [direct download]

Procedure:
1] Decide which files you're going to seed, then put all those files in ONE folder, and name the folder with minimal description on it. Like bitrate if its a audio file or video quality if its a video file.

2] Run MD5Summer. Select the folder you made in STEP 1, then click "Creat Sums". On the next dialog box, click on "Select All" then "Add" and lastly click on "OK. The MD5 Infohash generation will start immediately. After the generation, you will be prompted to save the .md5 file, save it where the files in STEP 1 are in.

Now you're finish creating the infohashes for all the files. smile.gif

3] Its now time to make the .torrent file itself. Run TorrentSpy. Click on the "Create" tab, then drag the folder into it (the folder OK? NOT the files in the folder). Now you'll se some info about the files in the folder including the infohash/md5 checksum hashes. Now open your browser and go HERE and copy the announce url stated in that URL. In this case, its http://www.uberprofile.info/torrent/announce.php and paste it into the "Tracker" field in TorrentSpy. You can add comments you if want to. Now, click on "Create Torrent File" and wait until if finishes.

The .torrent file is automatically saved where the folder you specified in STEP 1 is. If NOT, you can specify where you want to save it. It really doesn't matter where you put it. smile.gif

Now you have your .torrent file already.

4] Its now time to upload the .torrent file to the tracker. Now, go back http://www.uberprofile.info/torrent/upload.php in your browser. Click browse and find the .torrent file you just created. Fill in the blank fields. Name is the one thats going to show up on there tracking list. Now, click on "Upload".

Now you have your torrent up & running.

5] You must be asking, how the hell are they gonna get the file if noone is seeding it? Here's the answer, open BitTornado and select the .torrent file you've created OR if you have set BitTornado as your default .torrent program, just double-click the .torrent file you made. Now, Its going to ask wher to save it, select the folder just before the folder you dragged into TorrentSpy.

Example:
If the folder you dragged into TorrentSpy is "C:\My Movies\Initial D\", you must save it in "C:\My Movies\" NOT "C:\My Movies\Initial D\". If you save it in "C:\My Movies\Initial D\" the files will be in "C:\My Movies\Initial D\Initial D\" and you won't be able to SEED it. Get it?!

Ok. Now you have selected where to save it, it will now check using the infohas/md5 checksum hash you have created & put into the torrent file. Once the checking is done, the progress bar in BitTornado will turn GREEN, meaning its now in SEED mode. If you're going to be dedicating it, set it to SUPER-SEED. It's just below the "Pause" button. Now you're seeding the files.

NOTE: The only problem I see with BitTornado when seeding is *i think* it doesnt re-announce to the tracker. Which is a bad thing. So ill suggest BitLord for that purpose. It has low memory usage, fast integrity checks, can re-annouce, UPnP enabled, & re-route to another tracker if the main tracker is down.

CONGRATULATIONS. smile.gif

//---End of Tutorial---//

This post has been edited by aftermath on Dec 7 2005, 03:44 PM
Perry
Posted: Dec 7 2005, 11:03 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

* Topic moved and pinned *
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
aftermath
  Posted: Dec 7 2005, 11:19 AM

[Aki Hoshino Fan]

Thanks Perry .. I just thought i should help those who doesn't know how to so they can seed with everyone & not only to Azureus users. =) *HAPPY*
AzNcOoLbOy85
Posted: Dec 7 2005, 09:48 PM

Iron Chef Noob

Member No.: 3,684

Good job on posting a tutorial...thanks...
zomg
Posted: Dec 11 2005, 07:09 AM

BOFH

Member No.: 4,409

and for a bit simpler approach on creating a torrent, at least Azureus (hehe) has a built-in create torrent function so there's no need for those md5sum things etc.
aftermath
  Posted: Dec 11 2005, 07:31 AM

[Aki Hoshino Fan]

Thats what im avoiding since only Azureus users only can download from Azureus seeded files.
zomg
Posted: Dec 11 2005, 11:20 AM

BOFH

o_O

Never had that problem... all the torrents I've made for IDW have been made w/ Azureus and nobody has complained at all, and I've made many torrents with it to a certain other tracker and no complaints either.

This post has been edited by zomg on Dec 11 2005, 11:21 AM
aftermath
  Posted: Dec 11 2005, 11:26 AM

[Aki Hoshino Fan]

Some client doesn't have DHT (Distributed Hash Table), it allows you to connect to other Azureus users (or anyone else using a client that implements a compatible version of DHT) on a torrent even when the tracker is down. BitComet is one of this client that doesn't follow Azureus' DHT, since BitComet follows BitTorrent/Mainline DHT, this 2 torrent clients can't connect/download from Azureus seeded files.

This post has been edited by aftermath on Dec 11 2005, 11:50 AM
zomg
Posted: Dec 11 2005, 11:55 AM

BOFH

Ah, so you're talking about the trackerless thingy... I don't know about that one, I've always used a proper tracker for my torrents.

(and finished a few un-seeded ones thanks to the trackerless)
aftermath
  Posted: Dec 11 2005, 12:23 PM

[Aki Hoshino Fan]

Im just letting you know that Azureus has some seeding flaws in it, although BitComet or BitTorrent aren't widely used, it still one of its downsides.
cod
Posted: Feb 26 2007, 05:49 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,394

do anyone has these three ost
Initial D Arcade Stage Sega Original Soundtrack
Initial D Special Stage Sega Original Tracks
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9x-77-...1o08-43-n9.html
if anyone do can u send me a site or a direct connetion and my sn is takumichenchang if u have aim can u send it there
Shintaro
Posted: May 8 2009, 01:51 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,828

QUOTE (aftermath @ Dec 11 2005, 12:23 PM)
Im just letting you know that Azureus has some seeding flaws in it, although BitComet or BitTorrent aren't widely used, it still one of its downsides.

BitComet not being widely used? What are you talking about!? BitComet is the 2nd most popular torrent program after uTorrent.