Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Priscilla - Love is in Danger

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,972  ·  Replies: 40 
> Project Kony 2012, Discuss.
Mazda ina Ford guy
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 06:37 PM

333 Half Evil

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,098

OMG ^^^ this! Only 2 people know what happened, and one is dead.

WITHHOLDING JUDGEMENT FOR SOMETHING RESEMBLEING FACTS TO EMERGE.
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 06:50 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

I still believe Iran is a valid point to worry about considering Israel is indeed backed by the US as an older brother of sorts, which could cause WWIII.
Tessou
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 06:54 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Iran's intensive sanctions leave it relatively weak militarily, since their supply lines are restricted.

If Iran tried to raise a shitstorm and attack Israel, the Iranian government would dissolve very quickly. That wouldn't be a concern, really. The big problem is the massive amount of loyal extremists that would retaliate. They're a lot harder to detect.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Jardim
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 09:51 AM

Willing to throw 5's on the blunt your smoking.

Member No.: 15,519

I feel like i'll be sporting a WWIII vet hat.
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 10:27 AM

The Watcher

The main issue isn't whether Iran attacks Israel, but if Israel attacks Iran. The move seems senseless considering various intelligence agencies (including Israel's) that have confirmed Israel isn't looking into nukes. Things would be great if Israel got rid of their nukes.
Jardim
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 10:57 AM

Im not worried about Iran having nukes, The chance of their Nuclear bomb reaching US soil is very slim. What grinds my gears is that at the first hint of trouble with middle eastern folks, israel comes running into us asking for help -__- Those jews in the holy land are all loaded with money, and they could care less about our economy, they just want our military boots up iran's ass so they can keep slaughtering palestinians.
Tessou
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 11:16 AM

Group Icon

Actually, their relations with a fair amount of European countries would kick in before the US. Russia, for one. Germany, for two.

Of course they don't care about our economy. Nobody does except us.
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 06:38 PM

The Watcher

If you look back through history, the US usually thrives economically when in a proper war. In a better world, everybody would be denuclarized. But for now, declawing Israel would be the start at a stabilized middle-east.

And can we make a new thread specifically for these kind of talks? I really enjoy having discussions like this with civilized and studied people. happy.gif
Tessou
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 04:53 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ Yesterday, 10:38 PM)
If you look back through history, the US usually thrives economically when in a proper war.

The economy was strengthened after WWI and WWII, not during. Remember that the massive war expenditures is going to take a huge toll on the country, completely demolishing the value of domestic currency.

The groups of protesters and anti-war folks will hit the economy hard, regardless of the war being "proper" or not. Because they hate what the US is doing, they lose confidence in domestic production, and sink money elsewhere, further damaging the economy.
RalliKai
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 06:10 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Iran only concerns me if it actually tries something bold and stupid like try to blockade the Straight of Hormuz which would just be inviting military action. I'm not as concerned about Iran's nuclear capability. I can understand Israels concern due to the ties between the Iranian regime and Hamas. Doesn't mean I think they should launch a conventional strike against them.

I also question Israel's ability to carry out successful strikes on Iran if they go the air route, just due in large part to the distance. Iran's air defenses aren't great but still pretty dangerous. Plus you have to factor in the distance and that their best aircraft for the job is the F-15. Alot of aerial refueling inbetween.

Tessou
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 09:54 AM

Group Icon

The problem doesn't come from Iran directly. It's the goddamn borders with Syria and Lebanon that have been problematic for decades. Suicide squads roll in from the north, from a myriad of enemy countries, and blow shit up.

Aircraft would be a stupid option because of the distance, yes. Currently the main offensive capabilities would lie in ICBMs.
Jardim
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ Apr 6 2012, 02:16 PM)

The economy has nothing to do with the US helping, either. As allied members of NATO, the US is required to provide defense assistance in case of an attack.

It doesn't tess, but it does at the same time when we deploy so many people over there, keeping everyone of them fed, healthy and ammo'd. It's really money we shouldn't be spending, why don't other NATO countries besides the US go in?
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 06:02 PM

The Watcher

Because they see the backlash would be too much for them to justify offering a joint-strike with Israel-US. Simply put, war with Iran is pointless, Israel simply doesn't see that.
Tessou
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 08:44 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Jardim @ Yesterday, 9:36 PM)
It doesn't tess, but it does at the same time when we deploy so many people over there, keeping everyone of them fed, healthy and ammo'd. It's really money we shouldn't be spending, why don't other NATO countries besides the US go in?

Because NATO only provides a charter for collective defense, not aid. There is absolutely nothing that says NATO countries must provide aid to non-member countries, nor do they have to help NATO countries that are voluntarily doing so.

Israel is not a NATO country, which means that no country is obligated to help them if Iran decides to go full out and declare war. However, NATO has been interested in Israel for decades, and has stated many times that they want to maintain the "not membership, but partnership of sorts" that they have going for them. While the state does not fall under Chapter 5 of the NATO charter, which would require member countries to help them, it would certainly be in NATO's best interests to keep them around.
Jardim
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 09:33 AM

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ Yesterday, 9:02 PM)
Because they see the backlash would be too much for them to justify offering a joint-strike with Israel-US. Simply put, war with Iran is pointless, Israel simply doesn't see that.

This. I say leave them alone and buy their oil..in like 50 or so years they are going to need ours anyway...
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 04:07 PM

The Watcher

In 50 years, they won't need our oil, but our clean energy plasma fusion technology.

2 Pages  1 2