Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - Disco Fire

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,796  ·  Replies: 26 
> [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, A hunter's journal
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jan 26 2014, 09:41 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

OH MY GOSH THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING! Megaman disputes and shenanigans aside, Capcom actually did something good. The news is all over the internet already, so it would be so messed up if they were lying. Don't get me wrong, hopefully I'll still be able to find the time to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. BUT WOW OH MAN LOOK AT ALL THE NEW FEATURES! I'm so friggin pumped for this. My body is ready.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fRJ2ymatGE )

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on May 29 2015, 04:53 PM
Pikachu_Fragger
Posted: Feb 20 2014, 11:24 PM

Cock Blockula

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,803

Oh man, everyone's gonna be reset to HR 0 again. This'll be fun to repeat again. biggrin.gif

AND I can play with everyone online instead of having to meet them in a room if they're too far! Of course I'd still want to play in person with certain people to better coordinate hunting tactics with them (read: upchuck with a switch axe). awesome.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Feb 26 2014, 11:16 PM

Patient Zero

You. Get. Out.

Why don't you take the time to actually learn how to fight with a weapon that requires real skill? Like Hunting Horn or Heavy Bowgun? Just kidding, but seriously now, I'm probably going to take the time to relearn some of the weapon classes and stuff. I can't wait to all go back to HR1! But all my progress in MH3U...
kevnguyen13
Posted: Feb 27 2014, 11:41 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 42,983

Oh man the game looks great, but I've already put in about 300+ hours in MH3U. I took a long break from the game and now I'm just achievement hunting. I don't think I have enough time to invest so much time into another game anymore haha. Hell of a great game though :'(
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Feb 27 2014, 12:34 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (kevnguyen13 @ 53 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
Oh man the game looks great, but I've already put in about 300+ hours in MH3U. I took a long break from the game and now I'm just achievement hunting. I don't think I have enough time to invest so much time into another game anymore haha. Hell of a great game though :'(

No you have to get it! Get it so you can play online with people! I think that was the only huge flaw with MH3U on the 3DS. There was no online so people had to get together to play. I honestly think that the game is meant to be played with others so I don't know why they didn't include it. But they added it here now so yay! The only downside is that I can't physically slap people when they upchuck me with a switchaxe. laugh2.gif
kevnguyen13
Posted: Feb 27 2014, 01:27 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 42,983

What if I told you that I own the Wii U copy and I've been playing online from the get go lol. Oh man, if you've been playing on the 3DS, I give you mad props lol. Offline quests were doable, but some of the quests at Port Tanzia are just way too long/difficult to play solo!
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Apr 17 2014, 11:23 AM

Patient Zero

Yeah, that was the biggest folly in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the 3DS. The fact that you had to get together to play multiplayer was AND STILL IS a huge pain in the butt. But I think it provides for a more enjoyable experience in the end since your hunting party is all in the same physical room with you and you can hear everyone dying at the hands of the Savage Deviljho that just popped up in your quest.

Which brings me to a conundrum; I have a friend who is a fanatic for the series. He started playing Monster Hunter ages ago and has the Japanese version of the game along with a Japanese 3DS. He has no problems playing the game solo, but when I got my English copy he stared feeling left out when I would go on hunts with my friends and he couldn't join. (This is because there is no connectivity between the Japanese and English version of the game.) He has an English 3DS and could play the English version of the game if he had a copy. So both he and I are conflicted, he wants to play Monster Hunter with me right now, but with 4 coming out in English in the near future is is worth it to get MH3U for him now? I'm totally leaning towards yes because there is no such thing as waiting for Monster Hunter and he complains every time I break out my 3DS to play with people, but then again the cheapskate in me says no because of money. Courses of action that I could take? All opinions welcome.
Pikachu_Fragger
Posted: Apr 26 2014, 08:45 PM

Cock Blockula

It would highly depend on how close this friend is to you that you would be willing to spend monies to give him the gift of unlimited grinding for monsters that he can kill. If he's close enough that it would be worth it, then yes. Maybe even get more people to help fund it!
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jun 4 2014, 08:53 PM

Patient Zero

I traded a copy of MH3U for a circle pad pro! +1 to friends who play MH3! The thing really makes a difference during gameplay actually. It makes being a gunner or bow user really easy because you can easily change the camera angle without using the touch screen D-pad (which I think is wonky) and it makes the 3DS easier to hold. I find it useful even though there are a ton of people bashing on the peripheral. I still have a little getting used to it though so that's about it.

I've been telling a bunch of people about Monster Hunter 4 and they've seen all the trailers. It looks like I'm creating some sort of hype for the game which is good because I'll have a lot of people to play with then the game comes out. With the online multiplayer I won't have to plan hunting parties and stuff anymore. This is all going according to my master plan. Huehuehue. shifty2.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jul 16 2014, 09:53 AM

Patient Zero

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I cannot wait for the release in English next year! Now Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was my first MH game so I don't really know the difference between the Felynes and Shakalakas but both of them are so cute! I can't wait to be able to customize their armor and stuff, but the Shakalaka masks were cute too... tongue.gif

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2nazZ-eOAE )

And then a little time waster for everyone, I knew that they had huge displays for Monster Hunter at E3. But I had no idea that this was all hand made! I thought it was a plastic figure or something. Man that is so cool! I wonder how viable this material and method is for cosplay props...

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONWWFjRFdPM )
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Sep 8 2014, 12:08 PM

Patient Zero

user posted image

I'm wondering if I should start collecting felyne pins since I collect random pins that I like. I like these pins, but I'm not sure if I LIKE them. You know what I'm saying?
Pikachu_Fragger
Posted: Dec 30 2014, 08:46 PM

Cock Blockula

I'm actually pretty excited for some of the new monsters that are coming to this one aside from the returning ones like the Kushala Doara and Kirin. Like this guy!
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jan 15 2015, 03:53 PM

Patient Zero

Looks like early access demos are up for people with codes to download and play! If I'm not mistaken the demo will be out for everyone else shortly. Meanwhile we do have a confirmed release date. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is going to be a launch title for the NEW 3DS! And it even comes with an exclusive MH New 3DS bundle pack! I bought it and I've placed the preorder for the Collector's Edition a few months ago. What am I doing with my life? Oh yeah. This.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Time to make a Monster Hunter keychain to go on this. biggrin.gif
CrypticApathy
Posted: Mar 21 2015, 05:37 PM

OH SNAP!

Member No.: 1,065

I have this game what is everyone's fc?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Apr 8 2015, 12:29 PM

Patient Zero

A few questions for you CrypticApathy.

What HR are you?
How many Monster Hunter games have you played before this one?
Are you a nub?
thestreetzking
Posted: Apr 13 2015, 06:09 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 28,571

soo I just bought a New 3ds xl for this game alone. I have this and 3 ultimate and super smash if anyone wants to play please please feel free to add me. I am a total noob when it comes to this game and can use the help. Played for about an hour on 3 havent done anything on 4, just been watching a million youtube videos.

FC:

2079-9382-9649
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Apr 15 2015, 07:14 PM

Patient Zero

Watching youtube videos is a good place to start when it comes to tricks and some hacks to help you get the items that you need to upgrade weapons and stuff later. But I feel like the best way to play the game is not vicariously through gameplay videos (because that is lame as hell) but rather to play and experience it for yourself. A video can tell you what to do, but ultimately it is up to you to do it.
thestreetzking
Posted: Apr 16 2015, 07:22 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Oh i been playing like crazy, I meant more of instructional videos on the game rather than gameplay videos, since this is my first time playing. Me and a buddy have been running through 4 now on multiplayer and its a blast
posik
Posted: Apr 17 2015, 06:43 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,389

I love this game!
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: May 29 2015, 05:04 PM

Patient Zero

Thread update since the game has been out for ages. I'm thinking we should just turn it into a hunter's journal so that I have somewhere to actively update with summaries of my hunting sessions and keep track of what weapon and armor sets to make. We can also share advice on what armor sets to make and how to efficiently kill things.

Today I did a couple of Azure Rathalos hunts and got a bunch of Rathalos Rubies. I have about 10 now and I have no idea what to do with them. Please help. derp.gif
Pikachu_Fragger
Posted: Jun 8 2015, 11:51 AM

Cock Blockula

Hour 506: I've managed to get a fully upgraded insect glaive using Chameleos parts and am absolutely loving it. This with my stacked abilities of Rodeo God, Handicraft and Fencing and Effect Extend on the kinsect make this a real mounting machine.

I'm just sad that the weapon in general seems to be more of a late-game weapon because to make the perfect kinsect you need to put points in power instead of speed first, making sending the kinsect out impractical in the early game (or at least forcing you to make a subpar kinsect with a glaive you're willing to throw away).

Next on the list: hunting apex monsters for their frenzy gems and honing my weapons.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jul 9 2015, 04:34 PM

Patient Zero

They finally released a G-rank Gold Rathian quest and I made myself a set. I think they nerfed the skills that the armor gives because it doesn't give auto-max luck and they made it fucking ugly. They also made her so much harder to fight, she does a 360 tail-run-whip which is annoying as hell. I'm still waiting on the G-rank Dante cat armor...

In better news, I think I'm getting good at Gunlance! I spam the ballista shots until I start bouncing off or when the monster moves away.
thestreetzking
Posted: Aug 3 2015, 05:21 PM

IDW Jr. Member

to hit g rank I need to get past level hr 9 right?

i think right now im at 6 I havent been playing to much, I did play this game non stop when I bought it, I want to get back into it.

I switched to the charge blade and man is that a fun weapon
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Aug 5 2015, 03:34 AM

Patient Zero

Yeah you have to clear the key quests in the Gathering Hall to get to G. It isn't too tough if you play with friends or online. Be earned though, if you see people completing custom quests, don't do it. Rumors are that it may brick your save file.

Isn't CB fun? Get good at it and you'll body monsters like they're nothing.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 4 2015, 10:03 AM

Patient Zero

The new DLC pack for October just released and they still don't have G-rank Dante Cat armor. Do you think they will ever stop releasing DLC for MH4U?

2 Pages  1 2