Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Manuel - Gas Gas Gas

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

75 Pages  « 71 72 73 74 75  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 158,185  ·  Replies: 1,871 
> Formula 1
ThrasherDBS
Posted: Aug 20 2013, 05:08 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,272

I suppose if I want to grab a Raikkonen Lotus polo shirt, I'd better do so pretty soon, shouldn't I?

It would be interesting to see Alonso and Raikkonen as teammates though.

So the Belgian GP is this weekend, huh? Awesome.
RedsunsF1
Posted: Aug 21 2013, 06:20 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,401

QUOTE (ThrasherDBS @ Yesterday, 5:08 PM)
So the Belgian GP is this weekend, huh? Awesome.

Yeah, finally after a 3 week break facepalm.gif

Round 11: Shell Belgian Grand Prix

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2244 x 1264. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Hopefully Alonso does good in qualifying and takes pole

This post has been edited by FC_spec on Aug 21 2013, 07:17 AM
RedsunsF1
Posted: Sep 3 2013, 08:10 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

We're in Italy this weekend! Good Luck Alonso!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 804 x 452. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
RedsunsF1
Posted: Sep 11 2013, 06:09 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Just announced, Kimi went to Ferrari!
ThrasherDBS
Posted: Sep 11 2013, 09:32 AM

IDW Expert Member

I certainly hope that Alonso and Raikkonen don't clash.
Kitty
Posted: Sep 16 2013, 12:13 AM

Bad Luck

Member No.: 23,812

So Kimi's going back to Ferrari eh? I nearly forgot he used to race for them back when I first started watching and getting into F1. Can't wait to see how that all pans out. :3
As for Italy, I like how NBCSN had on Mario Andretti as a special guest commentator only to cut him off mid-speech half the time.
RedsunsF1
Posted: Sep 16 2013, 06:22 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

We're at Singapore this week!! One of my favorite races of the year even thought it's not a legit track, I still enjoy watching them race at Singapore under the lights.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1000 x 563. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Kitty
Posted: Sep 20 2013, 11:41 PM

Bad Luck

Poor Webber and Massa, hitting the wall during practice and all. I hope it doesn't become a serious issue during the race seeing as it's Webber's last F1 time at Singapore and Massa needs to look better for the other teams when he leaves Ferrari.
Also what's with Vettel's helmet? It looks like he took the hull from a bass boat and stuck it on his head. I bet he's trying to blind the other drivers who get close to him. tongue.gif
ThrasherDBS
Posted: Sep 22 2013, 12:21 PM

IDW Expert Member

Vettel won. Again. Meh.

I liked how tense it was getting toward the end though. And it's a great day to be a Raikkonen fan. Going from 13th to 3rd with a bad back has got to be incredibly painful but amazingly impressive. I was absolutely ecstatic when Kimi passed Button and took third. Makes up for his bad luck in Belgium and Italy.

Really sucks that Di Resta wrecked in the closing laps. I thought he was doing pretty well. Then bad luck nails him like it did at Spa and Monza.

Great race though, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Aside from Vettel just running away with the victory though, I was hoping Rosberg was going to take the fight to him, but there's only so much you can do.
Kitty
Posted: Sep 23 2013, 10:50 PM

Bad Luck

Poor di Resta slamming the wall. I guess that's what happens when the spotlight is on you and the pressure mounts during a competition.
Also that was really nice of Alonso to pick up Webber like that after his car caught fire and all right at the end. It would have been the perfect time for Vettel to save some face from the previous incidents with Webber but it was Alonso of all people. I heard some of the rumors about him a while back but he's earned a little more respect from me with that.
I liked how everyone knew Vettel was in first and was gonna win but they didn't bother showing it because of all the interesting things were going on behind him. X3 Hope the next one is just as (if not more) interesting.
ThrasherDBS
Posted: Sep 23 2013, 11:26 PM

IDW Expert Member

I think Alonso picking up Webber is sort of a thank you gesture, since Webber did the same for Alonso in an earlier race (not sure exactly which one though). But it's good when you see drivers that understand the concept of camaraderie and sportsmanship.

However, Webber and Alonso were stopped in an unsafe area of the track, and that prompted a reprimand and thus a 10-grid penalty for Webber. Very true that it was an unsafe area of the track, and the penalty was justified by the rules. While I don't like the fact that they were penalized for that sort of sportsmanship, it's very true that they were being unsafe.

Alonso's stock definitely went up in my book though. Kinda glad Kimi is gonna be his teammate next year.
RedsunsF1
Posted: Sep 24 2013, 07:37 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 665 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Well the rest of the season is just going to be....... boring now. Qualifying is the only fun part now to watch since we know Vettel is the 2013 champ. I really think there is some type of conspiracy with the Redbull F1 vehicle. There is no way it can be going 2-3 seconds faster on time than all the other rides.

Still pretty stoked to go see the Race on November at Texas.

RedsunsF1
Posted: Oct 1 2013, 06:33 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 804 x 452. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
RedsunsF1
Posted: Nov 18 2013, 09:31 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Last race of the year this weekend @ Brazil!!
Spaz
Posted: Nov 19 2013, 09:23 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

I liked how in the last couple laps of the USGP Vettel was told to take it easy... while visibly not taking it easy. And then proceeded to set the fastest lap of the day.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
D2NED
Posted: Nov 19 2013, 09:46 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 40,557

So this off the current topic, but, is pretty cool. The other day, for the first time, I saw a Forumula 1 car in person. They are tiny. I swear both the tires next to each other account for 2/3 the width of the car at its widest point. I was stoked to be able to check out the body of the car, too. There were only two bolts to hold the whole front end together. Explains how they swap parts so damn fast. The undercarriage and suspension were crazy looking. After seeing one of those monstrosities in person...I can't imagine how insane it would feel to hit 200 so low to the ground on that small of a platform. Hats off to those guys.

This post has been edited by D2NED on Nov 19 2013, 09:48 AM
RalliKai
Posted: Nov 22 2013, 12:06 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Does anyone else find the big red stripes running along the Circle of America's track to be a bit of an eye sore?
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 13 2013, 09:05 AM

IDW Goldmember

A nice video just delving into changes going on for 2014. I like what I'm hearing although I still wouldn't mind seeing a return to refueling.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkVGl9bD9T0 )
Spaz
Posted: Dec 13 2013, 09:13 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Yeah, me and a couple buddies did the maths on the fuel tanks during the American GP. Shit's nuts.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Fast
Posted: Jan 28 2014, 06:52 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,986

Turbos officially made their return to F1 @ the Jerez tests! The new cars sound absolutely brutal, much like their boosted ancestors from the 80s. So many noobs were complaining about how much worse they'll sound than the V8s but I think the new engines make the V8s sound relatively monotonous.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvHaj8X8tFQ )
RalliKai
Posted: Jan 29 2014, 10:17 AM

IDW Goldmember

The V12s are still my favorite in terms of sound. These do make the V8s sound more bland. Can't wait to hear 20+ of these going off the start line at once. smile.gif

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Jan 29 2014, 10:17 AM
sideways
Posted: Jan 30 2014, 03:13 AM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE (Fast @ Jan 28 2014, 07:52 PM)
Turbos officially made their return to F1 @ the Jerez tests! The new cars sound absolutely brutal, much like their boosted ancestors from the 80s. So many noobs were complaining about how much worse they'll sound than the V8s but I think the new engines make the V8s sound relatively monotonous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvHaj8X8tFQ

Then label me a noob. Im only going by that video as I havent actually seen much yet- But I dont like the sound at all. I cant really say that, to me, they sound "brutal" at all- not compared to what Id grown accustomed to anyways.
RalliKai
Posted: Jan 30 2014, 11:17 AM

IDW Goldmember

Thought this was really swell to see.

user posted image
pingu86
Posted: Feb 2 2014, 07:00 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 39,079

Nico Rosberg: "but boy, it was a fight in the cockpit. The tyres wouldn’t come up to temperature and we were going so slow - like GP2 times - so we have to adjust to all that..." This does't look good... We not going to have an all out race... Q&A with Nico Rosberg
RalliKai
Posted: Mar 16 2014, 05:02 AM

IDW Goldmember

Missed the race but watched the start of it uploaded on youtube. The new sound is almost like MotoGP. I don't mind it but it does make me long for the V12 days alittle.

75 Pages  « 71 72 73 74 75