Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Painful moment -type A-

6 Pages  « 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 142,024  ·  Replies: 137 
> Initial D Fanfiction (Updated June 15th 2015), Links to all fanfics within! Renovated April 18th 2012
HyperSonic
Posted: Nov 11 2012, 08:49 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,471

@Meteor, the fanfics which were removed by request of the author were removed out of the list or deleted out of IDW forever?
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 11 2012, 09:07 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

QUOTE (HyperSonic @ 16 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
@Meteor, the fanfics which were removed by request of the author were removed out of the list or deleted out of IDW forever?

They're not removed forever, they're just taken down from the listing. You can still find them on the forums if you look around or use the Search function, all fanfics should have the [FANFIC] tag in their topic name. There are various reasons for this. I'm guessing a main one would be that they quit the project and they don't want others to see it uncompleted or something. I don't really know the full details.
HyperSonic
Posted: Nov 12 2012, 12:51 AM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,471

The Muscle Drifter doesn't have a [FANFIC] tag. How do I fix this? Since I am the one who posted it.
Meteor
  Posted: Nov 12 2012, 01:03 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

That's simple. Just click "Edit" on the first post and place "[FANFIC]" in the thread title. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Meteor on Nov 12 2012, 01:04 AM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 21 2013, 11:40 PM

Patient Zero

Not sure if I already suggested this or not. But I was thinking about adding a little spoiler free synopsis of the stories right under the titles and author information just so people can um... get a feel of the story before jumping into it. Or is that too much? Anyway, I notice an increase in the number of people writing. I should get back into it huh? *looks at essays and long academic and social to do list* NAH! You guys can wait on more updates. tongue.gif
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: May 22 2013, 04:34 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 4 hours, 53 minutes ago)
Not sure if I already suggested this or not. But I was thinking about adding a little spoiler free synopsis of the stories right under the titles and author information just so people can um... get a feel of the story before jumping into it. Or is that too much? Anyway, I notice an increase in the number of people writing. I should get back into it huh? *looks at essays and long academic and social to do list* NAH! You guys can wait on more updates. tongue.gif

I second that, I feel the need to do this too, seeing people might misunderstand my Fanfic.

"*looks at essays and long academic and social to do list* NAH! You guys can wait on more updates. tongue.gif" <<<This... hahahahaha
Meteor
  Posted: May 25 2013, 10:16 PM

Already thought of it. Also added a little something to the first post quite a while back to address this. My fault for neglecting to bring proper attention to it before though.
If you happen to know of any that aren't in the list, PM me and I'll put it in. Also let me know if you've written a description for your fic and want it posted here.

So yeah, PM me if you've got a description on hand and want it posted up.

*goes back to lurking*
Rudy
Posted: Sep 22 2013, 05:44 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Rudy
Posted: Dec 14 2014, 03:40 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Sep 16 2015, 05:44 PM

Patient Zero

I know this is a necro, I'm sorry. But hOLY CRAP WHEN DID WE GET A SUB FORUM!?!?!?! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO DO THIS SINCE I WAS ADMIN!

Now my wildest dreams come true and I am so happy and proud. I should probably get back to writing my crap. If anyone cares...

*slinks back into the inactive corner*
Meteor
  Posted: Sep 21 2015, 02:34 PM

I should probably get back to writing my crap.

Yes please. I want updates. I miss your writing style and it's been too long.

Anyway, because it's been kinda dead in here and stories haven't been getting much feedback, here's a reminder to all the readers here that you don't necessarily have to spend forever putting together a super in-depth critical breakdown of every strength and weakness in a chapter in order to leave feedback on the stories here.
(You can leave stuff like that to me since I've more or less gotten myself stuck in that role and that's what people expect from me now tongue.gif)
But seriously though, if you're liking a story, have suggestions to offer, etc. then leaving some simple feedback in the thread for the story wouldn't be a bad thing. It'll bring additional activity to these parts and it'll give writers more motivation to keep going, as well as perhaps tell them if they're doing something right or not. And I know some of the stories here may seem a little on the dead side, but some of us writers here are indeed planning on actually finishing them.
This place just needs some more reader feedback like it used to have. I shouldn't just be the only one commenting on fics here anymore should I?

(Ugh, there are so many story threads I'm gonna have to get back to leaving replies in)

But yeah, do leave suggestions, encouragement, typos you spotted, etc. if you can find time for it. I'm not saying you have to go shower every single story with a truckload of praise - there's no need to be super hyper positive here. Just try to let writers know that people are actually reading their stories so that they see more of a point to posting updates and/or improving their writing. It could help this section out.
And no, you don't have to comment on every single story ever posted here; that'd be crazy. Feedback on new and/or recently updated fics would be good though.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Sep 21 2015, 06:55 PM

Patient Zero

Yeah, Meteor said it better than I can. I write in the hopes that people actually read the crap that I output and I get replies. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when people post in my story threads. I'm not trying to attention whore, but if I put 5+ hours into a chapter, I would like to get recognized for it. Thanks for saying it Meteor. If enough people say that they want the story to come back then I'll try to get back into the swing of things. Just for you, I'll try putting together a quick chapter.

To be honest, since I'm not a huge active member anymore I think that Beyond the Horizon is kinda moot. I'll see if I can finish it up and then get to Burning Amber since that is something that I would really love to concentrate on. I'm drowning in work though, I'm so miserable and yet happy at the same time... laugh2.gif

*Goes back to grading piles of paperwork*
shadow55419
Posted: Feb 1 2016, 11:15 AM

Meteor's partner in crime!

Member No.: 39,000

honda I'd love to see more of either of your stories

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

6 Pages  « 4 5 6