Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Susan Bell - My Only Star

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,845  ·  Replies: 10 
> I need answers, Read de title
FujiDrifter
  Posted: Jan 28 2017, 02:22 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,932

I may sound stupid, but I have no clue awesome.gif but, Iv'e looked these up, couldn't find any answers or agreements

SOME OF THESE AREN'T QUESTIONS, BUT OPINIONATED QUESTIONS

1. Who else got so far into Initial D they missed the old episode EX. Stage 1, I'm on Stage 4, and miss the old animation from good old 1990's, how they change from anime to computer animation, I find it cool

2. Who misses old Takumi? Yes, I get that harder opponents= more concentration, but I miss when he used to be bored when racing the Redsuns, now hes so worked up in every race, I miss the older him

3. Last and final question, who else notices every street racer introduced in the series randomly appears

(EX the Sileighty which *SPOILER ALERT* Takumi beat.
That in the Anime series had me confused
xiao
Posted: Jan 28 2017, 09:48 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (FujiDrifter @ 6 hours, 45 minutes ago)
2. Who misses old Takumi? Yes, I get that harder opponents= more concentration, but I miss when he used to be bored when racing the Redsuns, now hes so worked up in every race, I miss the older him

I dunno mang I liked Takumi-kun more without his aloof & betsuni personality ~

Gives him a bit of character instead of just acting like a block of tofu imo … o(≧▽≦) 行けー!!!

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=8PYSp2OBKvY&t=57 )
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
eatsuki
Posted: Jan 28 2017, 01:52 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

I also thought the 3D looking cars in First Stage looked really cool and got used to it.

I liked early Takumi and thought he was an original character. But I'm fine with his character growth throughout the series.

He went from indifferent to passionate about racing, just like how he went from naive to knowledgeable about car mechanics and theory. To improve even more at racing, he HAS to realize how much he loves it.

3. Last and final question, who else notices every street racer introduced in the series randomly appears

Err, WTF are you talking about? w00t2.gif

If this is inuishinji then welcome back laugh2.gif

This post has been edited by eatsuki on Jan 28 2017, 01:53 PM
FujiDrifter
  Posted: Jan 28 2017, 07:36 PM

Shmuck

^ Some times they appear in the streets when a transition appers, (EX. Zoom in on the Gas station) Nakazoto drives by
umustwait101
Posted: Jan 29 2017, 06:52 PM

Osaka-kun

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 45,912

It's probably just a little nice touch that the animators put in. I like getting cameos of old characters. It always feels like villains are throwaway characters when they come and go and are never seen again. It's nice when they stick around, and contribute from time to time, though, admittedly, it's pretty rare that villains ever get back into the limelight for a second time. Initial D sort of takes a DBZ approach where old villains become spectators cheering the main character on, but don't actually do anything. At least its better than just never being seen again.

I rewatch Stage 1 from time to time. In my opinion, some of the shots, races, and plot twists in Stage 1 were the best in the whole series. It may also be nostalgia. But I think the old anime was a lot better at hyping things up and getting me pumped. Also, the music helped in a major way.

I liked the "older" (if by "older", you mean "younger") Takumi. But, people change.

FujiDrifter
  Posted: Jan 29 2017, 08:58 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 2 hours, 5 minutes ago)
It's probably just a little nice touch that the animators put in. I like getting cameos of old characters. It always feels like villains are throwaway characters when they come and go and are never seen again. It's nice when they stick around, and contribute from time to time, though, admittedly, it's pretty rare that villains ever get back into the limelight for a second time. Initial D sort of takes a DBZ approach where old villains become spectators cheering the main character on, but don't actually do anything. At least its better than just never being seen again.

I rewatch Stage 1 from time to time. In my opinion, some of the shots, races, and plot twists in Stage 1 were the best in the whole series. It may also be nostalgia. But I think the old anime was a lot better at hyping things up and getting me pumped. Also, the music helped in a major way.

I liked the "older" (if by "older", you mean "younger") Takumi. But, people change.

You get what I'm saying biggrin.gif Yeah, the old Takumi, which raced with his arm on the window, and looked bored out of his mind.
eatsuki
Posted: Jan 30 2017, 04:41 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ Yesterday, 6:52 PM)

Agreed. I've rewatched stage 1 more than any other anime. It's really that special.

KANSEN DORIFTO thumbsup.gif
umustwait101
Posted: Jan 31 2017, 09:11 PM

Osaka-kun

It makes me sad that Initial D is over. M.o.v.e. is gone. It feels like an era of my life ended with that. I don't really feel it now, but I'm sure in 10 years, when I look back, I'll look at these last 15 years fondly.

I guess... on the positive side, I can finally import a R32 legally into the US, and drive up and down the flat and straight highways of Texas, in a black polo and khakis, pretending to be Takeshi Nakazato.

Edit: this post feels a bit off-topic. So, to tie it in, I guess watching the First Stage also makes me feel like a part of me ended with the end of the First Stage, which was never revived with the later stages. The suspense, the anticipation, the admiration, and aspiration to become like Takumi or Ryouske Takahashi... I actually liked the way the characters were drawn in the First Stage over what they became later on in the Third, Fourth, and Fifth Stages. In fact, I style my hair in the same style as those First Stage peeps.

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Jan 31 2017, 09:13 PM
xiao
Posted: Jan 31 2017, 10:18 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (eatsuki @ Jan 30 2017, 06:41 PM)
KANSEN DORIFTO thumbsup.gif

Well ..... that's explains why KANSAI DORIFUTO never made any sense and/or why Keisuke never says nande yanen ~ derp.gif

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 57 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
I guess... on the positive side, I can finally import a R32 legally into the US, and drive up and down the flat and straight highways of Texas, in a black polo and khakis, pretending to be Takeshi Nakazato.

I live in El Paso (365.01 hours away from civilization ie Austin) ... you can be Nakazato ~ but I call dibbz on being Dr. Tatsuya Shima when you're in my neck of the Wangan !!! user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Meteor
Posted: Feb 1 2017, 01:07 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

KANSEN DORIFUTO

KANSAI DORIFUTO

Both wrong. It's kansei.
umustwait101
Posted: Feb 5 2017, 12:11 AM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (xiao @ Jan 31 2017, 10:18 PM)
I live in El Paso (365.01 hoursmiles? away from civilization ie Austin) ... you can be Nakazato ~ but I call dibbz on being Dr. Tatsuya Shima when you're in my neck of the Wangan !!! http://www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Action-Smoke/smoke.gif

No way! I live in Dallas. Same state, but 8 hours away (LOL @ how big Texas is). This is actually pretty tempting. I should go visit you some time.

Shima-san drives an expensive car (911 Turbo)... I've only watched the first episode of Wangan Midnight so I don't know much about the series. So many things to watch; so little time to watch it all.

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Feb 5 2017, 12:12 AM