Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Fastway - Rockin' Hardcore

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  « 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 43,747  ·  Replies: 100 
> What's your thoughts on 'Fujiwara Zone'?
Banken
Posted: Jun 5 2013, 06:22 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 22,465

QUOTE (Ballist1x @ 4 hours, 0 minutes ago)
When did he disable the 'ping ping ping' noise that occurs at over 66mph? In vol 2 of the manga he takes Cole out and its pinging through all the corners..

Who the fuck is Cole?

Also, it takes about 10 seconds to disable the speed warning on an AE86...

And I think Shigeno only used it to demonstrate how fast Takumi was going in the first couple volumes. Bunta would have disabled it years ago.
Ballist1x
Posted: Jun 5 2013, 06:57 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,628

Cole is the guys name who he drives and makes sick after 3 corners of ping cornering. In my English language manga.
Seri
Posted: Jun 5 2013, 07:36 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

QUOTE (Banken @ 1 hour, 14 minutes ago)
Who the fuck is Cole?

And I think Shigeno only used it to demonstrate how fast Takumi was going in the first couple volumes. Bunta would have disabled it years ago.

Cole is Iketani's TP name.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Ballist1x
Posted: Jun 5 2013, 09:45 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (Banken @ 3 hours, 23 minutes ago)
Who the fuck is Cole?

Dude, I thought we were all Initial D fans here.

Cole - this guy.

user posted image
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 5 2013, 09:48 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Ballist1x @ 2 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
Dude, I thought we were all Initial D fans here.

Being an Initial D fan =/= knowing anything about the TokyoPop butchered version.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Seri
Posted: Jun 5 2013, 11:58 AM

Group Icon

The only reason I'm familiar with the names is because IDv3 uses them.

This post has been edited by Miura Seri on Jun 5 2013, 11:58 AM
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Jun 6 2013, 06:19 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ Today, 3:58 AM)

Hey, IDAS4 uses them too hahaha...
And totally agree with kyonpalm
Banken
Posted: Jun 6 2013, 07:25 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

I know that's Iketani's TokyoPop name. We don't use TokyoPop names here.
Ballist1x
Posted: Jun 6 2013, 09:41 AM

IDW Jr. Member

What'd the beef with Tokyo pop?
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 6 2013, 09:52 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Ballist1x @ 10 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
What'd the beef with Tokyo pop?

They...

...replaced the eurobeat soundtrack with rap and 2edgy4u techno.
...changed most characters' names to sound more western.
...replaced entire lengths of dialogue and filled them with slang words.
...added unspeakably cheesy Windows Movie Maker effects to racing scenes.
...censored some scenes in the manga.
...licensed the series to be made into the worst video game ever created.

Of course if it wasn't for them I wouldn't know about Initial D, but the negatives are still important to acknowledge.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted: Jun 6 2013, 10:14 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ Yesterday, 3:58 PM)

Wow, you're young. You know they had Arcade Stages before that, right? laugh.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Ballist1x
Posted: Jun 6 2013, 10:18 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Ah right I watch the the Japanese language with English subs version of seasons 1-5 but the English language volume books. As I can't read Japanese.

That game doesn't look too bad.. u never tried area 51 for psx?
Seri
Posted: Jun 6 2013, 10:20 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tessou @ 6 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
Wow, you're young. You know they had Arcade Stages before that, right? laugh.gif

I do. But I only have access to a V3 machine. So that's why.

And yes, I am young. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Miura Seri on Jun 6 2013, 10:21 AM
Tessou
Posted: Jun 6 2013, 10:27 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Ballist1x @ 9 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
Ah right I watch the the Japanese language with English subs version of seasons 1-5 but the English language volume books. As I can't read Japanese.

That game doesn't look too bad.. u never tried area 51 for psx?

u ever tried superman 64?
Ballist1x
Posted: Jun 6 2013, 10:33 AM

IDW Jr. Member

No but I had tunnel b1 for psx. Also Kirby drramland for GB borrowed off someone. Terrible.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 6 2013, 10:53 AM

Group Icon

I could rattle off awful PSX games all day, and we would get nowhere.

Try actually playing Mountain Vengeance sometime. It's ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag.
sodasoda1
Posted: Jun 6 2013, 12:11 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 41,649

i would consider the zone would be going into indepth far sight into the on coming downhill corners. and far anticipates whats gonna happen to the opponents driving style. and counter attacking right when the opponent gets out of position
Ballist1x
Posted: Jun 6 2013, 12:26 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Or God mode as its better known.
strategist102
Posted: Dec 13 2013, 02:17 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 30,473

Just to key in on some points I found interesting about the Fujiwara zone.

A lot of people described similar thoughts about the Fujiwara zone and I thought I'd like to share what I thought about it. A lot of my thoughts are practically the same but after re-reading the manga a couple of times I think I got a pretty good picture about it.

So some basic info.

The Fujiwara zone from Ryosuke's interpretation is supposedly something similar to what athletes call "The Zone." If you play sports or do something performance related you'd probably relate the zone to "being clutch." Clutch players when being clutch enter this zone for a brief moment and pull off amazing things.

The Fujiwara zone, as described by Ryosuke, is apparent when Takumi is able to corner at speeds no one else could conceive as possible. When a person other than Takumi does the same thing he ends up spinning out. In essence, Takumi is able to control the car as though it were an extension of himself. To other drivers, he will appear as though he is driving a 4WD. Obviously to Ryosuke, he has a hard time swallowing this info as it's ridiculous.

Now my views about the Fujiwara zone.

The Fujiwara zone is both a state of mind and a phenomenon. As a phenomenon, Takumi enters his zone when you see Takumi being able to control his car in ways that make it seem impossible. As a state of mind a good way of describing this is how the late Formula 1 driver Aryton Senna performed in Monaco. In Monaco, Senna was famous for not only crashing but being faster all the other racers. At that race Senna described himself as being in a "dimension" separate from the track. You can think of this dimension as sharing the same space as the Monaco track and nothing else. It's like your physical self is in one place but your mind experiences a different experience than the one that you should feel in that one place. Senna felt that in this dimension can keep going faster and faster, he could push the car past its limits. I believe that Takumi was based on Senna under this basis and that this explanation of Senna's zone is similar to what Fujiwara feels.

The Fujiwara zone can be reduced to two features. The first is his ability to concentrate intensely when driving. The second is his familiarity with his car. Takumi is extremely sensitive to his car up to the point that he can accurately predict how the car will move if he does some action. Now you can make the argument that there is only one feature that arises from reducing the Fujiwara zone and that is the first. However, I think it's irrelevant to to argue in terms of reducing the zone and it's more productive and interesting to discuss what the zone is.

Now to relate something about what I said earlier about being clutch and the Fujiwara zone. I believe that the Fujiwara zone is basically being clutch throughout Takumi's whole race. Now a feature of being clutch is that you're able to perform in high pressure situations. In order for someone to clutch it, all conditions for achieving a result need to be in perfect harmony. For example, in order to catch that Touchdown to win the game with 7 seconds on the clock, a QB needs to throw the ball in a way that would arrive at its intended destination and receiver needs to catch the ball in a way that would result in him having possession. Now, this description is a barebones explanation underneath it all there a multiple properties that you can find in this description such as wind speed, throwing angle, etc. Now imagine all these conditions but the racing analog. When Takumi is in his zone his body and car performance is optimal and in addition to that all conditions related to his performing that "clutch" move are met.

Now a lot of discussion is based on what the wings mean for Takumi. I think that Takumi's wings are basically explanations of a person's perception of Takumi. It exists only as an outsider's perception of high speeds. I can relate the wings to when people describe some people's driving as "flying." You can describe speed as being fast but within that description there are analogies to help describe what someone means by being fast. One analogy is flying.

I did like a description of the zone as a comparison of the fatigue states of Takumi and his opponent. I could elaborate more on this but I don't think I want to as I feel as though I've made my point about the zone.
CaesarT
Posted: Jan 14 2014, 10:13 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 42,737

I didn't read everyone's response to this topic so excuse me if I repeat what has been said.
When I think about the Fujiwara Zone, I think about the impossible illusion that allows Takumi to pull away from the opponent during the corners. Why? Because whenever they talk about the Fujiwara Zone, that illusion always happens.

With that being said, I think its a combination of:
1. Takumi's natural racing ability and concentration
2. Takumi's ability to allow his FR to exit a corner like how a 4WD can exit with full throttle which allows him to create that quick exit illusion that no other FR can.
This would not be possible without the fact that Takumi is constantly switching between the 86 and the 22B everyday for deliveries.
Initial D talks a lot about how Keisuke has excellent throttle control but Takumi can do something that Ryosuke can't even explain.
KnightRiderXD
Posted: Sep 25 2014, 01:18 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,833

SPOILER
Silverwolf
Posted: Sep 25 2014, 10:38 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 38,716

In my opinion the Fujiwara Zone simply comes from having such a vast amount of seat time in one car, combine that with the addition of racing strategies, technique, and lines via driving the impreza and watching opponents lines. This allows him to find speed where other drivers can't. His experience in the 86 gives him supreme control unlike other racers who only drive the same car for two or three years max.

Also if I remember Ryosuke said Tsuyoshi Hojo had a similiar affinity possibly meaning that he'd driven the NSX for a long time.

Silverwolf
Posted: Sep 25 2014, 10:38 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 38,716

In my opinion the Fujiwara Zone simply comes from having such a vast amount of seat time in one car, combine that with the addition of racing strategies, technique, and lines via driving the impreza and watching opponents lines. This allows him to find speed where other drivers can't. His experience in the 86 gives him supreme control unlike other racers who only drive the same car for two or three years max.

Also if I remember Ryosuke said Tsuyoshi Hojo had a similiar affinity possibly meaning that he'd driven the NSX for a long time.

HyperSonic
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 03:37 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,471

QUOTE (Silverwolf @ 4 hours, 58 minutes ago)

The Fujiwara Zone (this is one of the ways I can wrap my head around it without thinking that this is a Shigeno given super power to Takumi) can be achieved only upon reaching the peak of concentration, how long can someone stay on that state depends on how often he is under pressure. Upon reaching this state, the driver achieves or somewhat manifests a couple of above average super human skill acquired only upon constant driving practice. Such skills include but not limited to space consciousness wherein the driver can judge precisely how much space is there all around him. This might be seen when Takumi attacks corners he can be much closer to the guardrails during the apex and at the exit of the corner compared to his opponents. Similar skill is also seen from Keisuke when he battled the driver from the unknown team using Kyoko's car, we can see Keisuke telling the moron he can be 2 inch closer to the opponent and still leaving 5 inches for the opponent from the guardrail, then we can see that Keisuke has driven an FD all his life.

Another ability which manifests itself upon entering "the zone" is pinpont decision making. Takumi displays this ability whenever he changes from the slide for cornering to the slide for acceleration. There is a very thin line between those two kind of slide, but Takumi can execute both right on the dot every corner. Keisuke also displayed this ability on his first race on fifth stage, the mad dash for the win leaving the Evo driver wondering what happened?

Now, the illusion (mirage) created upon entering "the zone" can summarized to a an ALMOST unachievable speed whether the one performing it is chasing or in the lead. The illusion (as shown in the anime) catches the opponents off guard and surprises them thinking that THE SPEED they have seen is unachievable. But the truth is the reason they are seeing or experiencing the illusion is that they let their guard down and the sudden attack was unexpected as shown from the opponents who experienced the mirage illusion. facepalm.gif facepalm.gif
Racer4WD
Posted: Jan 16 2018, 09:48 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 49,436

For me,i really believe that Fujiwara Zone is a technique where Takumi change his AE86 Driving Personality to the GC8 Impreza Personality.

After the race with Ichijo,Takumi learned that braking at a different point allowed him to overcome both the 4WD complex and his other self(The Impreza Takumi).

As Bunta states later,Takumi projects in his mind his other self from his previous delivery as a ghost and that he gets to defeat his other self,but in desavantage the cycle would repeat and would have to still defeat his other self until to a point were Takumi gets equal time with the AE86 and Impreza

As already said by many rivals on Fifth Stage,Fujiwara Zone is a technique where Takumi have the acceleration of a 4WD and the cornering of a FR,so as i said,Takumi changes from the AE86 Persona to the GC8 Persona

5 Pages  « 2 3 4 5