Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Like Hell

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

54 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 85,136  ·  Replies: 1,334 
> Lucky☆Star, らき☆すた
BOZZ
  Posted: Feb 20 2007, 01:31 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

Lucky * Star is a Japanese four-panel comic strip by Kagami Yoshimizu. The strip has been serialized in Kadokawa Shoten's Comptiq magazine since January 2004. Cameo strips are also published onto other magazines such as Shonen Ace and others.

It wasn't originally meant to be serialized, but when Comptiq suddenly had pages to fill, Lucky Star was there. As it was popular, it was then decided that the strip was to be serialized. Like many yonkoma comic strips, it has no real plot, and typically focuses on the daily lives of the characters. However, the strip has become much more popular than expected. On August 24, 2005, a drama CD was released, and on December 1, 2005, a Nintendo DS video game entitled Lucky Star Moe Drill, was released. A sequel, with the tentative title of Shin Lucky Star is also planned for a Nintendo DS release in 2007. In September 2006, it was released to the press that Kyoto Animation will be doing the anime based on the series, set to air in April 2007.

The one thing people are looking forward to is the fact that Aya Hirano is voicing the main character, Kono-chan.

I've just read the first two chapters of the manga and so far the fact it's structured in a 4-koma (panel) format and it's funny reminds me of Azumanga Daioh. If anything I am really looking forward to this (along with Reideen, Zero no Tsukaima 2, Hayate, Seto no Hanayome, Claymore, Zenoglossia) this upcoming season.

First three chapters are the manga, please enjoy!

This post has been edited by BOZZ on May 9 2007, 09:13 PM
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Feb 20 2007, 02:38 AM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

Thanks alot for the upload BOZZ! smile.gif

Seriously looking forward to this when it finally airs, and I'm pretty sure it'll be yet another quality anime by KyoAni, as they havn't disappointed us thus far yet happy.gif Seriously, everything they touch, just turns to pure gold! laugh.gif

Pretty interesting how they're gonna adapt the 4-komas in the anime too imo. But if all goes well, it should be just as good, if not better than what Azumanga was i reckon tongue.gif

Another interesting note that i heard about the series was that most of the main girls have atleast one otaku-trait or another (eg: video games, online games, anime, manga, etc.), which to me seems pretty interesting and something to anticipate happy.gif

Anywayz I now end my post with a few pics of Lucky Star that I've managed to scab from here and there lol =P fear2.gif

http://moetron.com/mystuff/lucky_star2903.jpg
user posted image
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e...manga_cover.jpg

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Feb 20 2007, 03:01 AM
haspieuw
Posted: Feb 20 2007, 04:05 AM

IDW Lurker

Member No.: 2,006

soo cute charas and even Aya-chan takes a part
looking forward to it !

EDIT :and Minori Chihara this one is made of WIN already laugh.gif

This post has been edited by haspieuw on Feb 20 2007, 04:08 AM
BOZZ
  Posted: Feb 20 2007, 09:03 AM

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ Today at 5:38 AM)
Thanks alot for the upload BOZZ! smile.gif

Seriously looking forward to this when it finally airs, and I'm pretty sure it'll be yet another quality anime by KyoAni, as they havn't disappointed us thus far yet happy.gif Seriously, everything they touch, just turns to pure gold! laugh.gif

Pretty interesting how they're gonna adapt the 4-komas in the anime too imo. But if all goes well, it should be just as good, if not better than what Azumanga was i reckon tongue.gif

Another interesting note that i heard about the series was that most of the main girls have atleast one otaku-trait or another (eg: video games, online games, anime, manga, etc.), which to me seems pretty interesting and something to anticipate happy.gif

Anywayz I now end my post with a few pics of Lucky Star that I've managed to scab from here and there lol =P fear2.gif

http://moetron.com/mystuff/lucky_star2903.jpg
user posted image
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e...manga_cover.jpg

Hmm, about that trait, it's kind of true, the main character is quite funny (she actually refers to another girl as being "the route no one would take" referring to the story routes one might take in an eroge).
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 01:23 AM

whut?

^ hehe yea, i just the read chapters you uploaded in the 1st post, a few moments ago and that part had me cracking up quite a bit too laugh.gif
lol, now I'm anticipating the anime even more now! XD
Hope we get some SOS-dan and Haruhi references here and there though, that'd be so awesome! tongue.gif

But to be honest though, i kinda feel abit sorry for the VA that got shafted for Aya Hirano though. I mean i think they basically kept all of the original cast with the exception of replacing her with Aya Hirano... lol =P

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Feb 22 2007, 01:36 AM
BOZZ
  Posted: Feb 22 2007, 10:20 AM

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ Today at 4:23 AM)
^ hehe yea, i just the read chapters you uploaded in the 1st post, a few moments ago and that part had me cracking up quite a bit too laugh.gif
lol, now I'm anticipating the anime even more now! XD
Hope we get some SOS-dan and Haruhi references here and there though, that'd be so awesome! tongue.gif

But to be honest though, i kinda feel abit sorry for the VA that got shafted for Aya Hirano though. I mean i think they basically kept all of the original cast with the exception of replacing her with Aya Hirano... lol =P

Hmmm...? There was a different voice actor initially for Kono?
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Feb 23 2007, 03:44 AM

whut?

Yea on the Lucky Star drama CD (2005), Ryo Hirohashi played Konata Izumi not Aya Hiarano, however upon checking over my facts again, it seems to me like the majority of the drama cd are being replaced in the anime, not just Aya for Ryo replacement for the role of Kona lol =P
BOZZ
  Posted: Feb 24 2007, 10:19 PM

Yeah, that is sometimes the case... I know something similar happened when DNAngel was made into an animated work.
BOZZ
  Posted: Mar 23 2007, 11:38 AM

Just a heads up... Luck * Star is going to be 24 episodes...
haspieuw
Posted: Mar 23 2007, 12:29 PM

IDW Lurker

Member No.: 2,006

damn the 8th april seems so faraway
BOZZ
  Posted: Mar 23 2007, 01:05 PM

Only a little under 3 weeks away... tongue.gif
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 3 2007, 06:08 PM

New chapter came out...

Chapter 4

They so need to have Yuuko Goto to voice Miyuki... ><
SpaceCowboy
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 10:18 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,395

14 sec preview out for Lucky Star, but its not really a preview. Its just 14 seconds of a still image and Aya Hirano going Auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 5 2007, 04:14 AM

Yeah, that kind of pissed me off lol... I was hoping to see more of the series in the commercial... ><

It's funny how the main character, Konota Izumi, resembles her voice actress, with regards to that mole underneath the eye.
oxide
Posted: Apr 5 2007, 05:45 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 14,644

Wow I was just reading this not too long long ago didnt know there was a thread lol.

I honestly do recommend this to anyone its a funny series LOL.
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 7 2007, 09:20 PM

bROCKoLEE
Posted: Apr 8 2007, 05:19 AM

whut?

Lucky Star has finally aired peoples! wink2.gif

Moetron has screenies and the OP, so go check it out! Or you can go grab the raws instead, whatever floats your boat i guess lol =P

But z0mg! The OP is so moe I'm dying lol XD
I wonder how long it'll be before we see parody dance videos showing up on youtube, it's sooo got Hare Hare Yukai written all over it tongue.gif

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Apr 8 2007, 06:54 AM
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 8 2007, 09:17 AM

Heh, well I do believe one of the staff claimed it's going to be the anime of the year for 2007.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 08:07 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

I've only seen the OP... but it's amazing. New Azumanga indeed. Too bad the song isn't out yet... I've got the freaking TV version on repeat. laugh.gif

Looks like it's gonna be a great show.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 9 2007, 09:22 AM

Yeah, first time in a LONG TIME that I watched a raw (I like understood maybe 35% of it and that's including knowing what happens in the manga).

It's shaping up to be pretty good, but it's been getting some bad reviews online from various bloggers.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 11:07 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Today at 1:22 PM)
but it's been getting some bad reviews online from various bloggers.

Possibly due to overload of moe and complete ridiculousness? In my brother's words, "Wow. And I thought that Haruhi was a shameless attempt to make money by having excessive [Moe]. This is shameless on a whole new level."

He didn't really care for Haruhi either. When something is completely ridiculous, it takes a certain kind of viewer to enjoy it--that is, the viewer who... enjoys watching insane stuff. Like me!
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 9 2007, 11:16 AM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today at 2:07 PM)
Possibly due to overload of moe and complete ridiculousness? In my brother's words, "Wow. And I thought that Haruhi was a shameless attempt to make money by having excessive [Moe]. This is shameless on a whole new level."

He didn't really care for Haruhi either. When something is completely ridiculous, it takes a certain kind of viewer to enjoy it--that is, the viewer who... enjoys watching insane stuff. Like me!

No it's more like it's not everyone's cup of tea and how most people expected higher level of animation from KyoAni considering their past work.

Apparently even 2channers were disappointed with it.

Personally I knew what the show was going to be like from the manga chapters and it is exactly what I expected (I didn't expect super OMFG amazing animation quality).
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 11:50 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Today at 3:16 PM)
No it's more like it's not everyone's cup of tea and how most people expected higher level of animation from KyoAni considering their past work.

QUOTE (Nomake Wan)
When something is completely ridiculous, it takes a certain kind of viewer to enjoy it--that is, the viewer who... enjoys watching insane stuff.

Glad ya agree with the analysis, Bozzman. Let's just hope the naysayers don't kill it before it can really begin...
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 9 2007, 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today at 2:50 PM)
QUOTE (Nomake Wan)
When something is completely ridiculous, it takes a certain kind of viewer to enjoy it--that is, the viewer who... enjoys watching insane stuff.

Glad ya agree with the analysis, Bozzman. Let's just hope the naysayers don't kill it before it can really begin...

It's not really ridiculous, it's just a parody of otakus.

I think a good example of what I meant to say is with regards to Azumanga Daioh. My buddy Shaggy, who watches stuff here and there and love TMoSH, couldn't stand Azumanga Daioh, he didn't find it funny, whereas I found it pretty funny. It has nothing to do as to whether or not the show is ridiculous (as TMoSH is pretty damn ridiculous), it's just not the type of comedy that some people would like.

EDIT: Oh wow, I didn't realize I didn't post this already, I noticed N1, you posted, so I thought it was a response to this post here... ><

Anyways a present to you all...

Lucky Star OP
pandaDRIFT
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 12:22 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 23,756

Yeah, L* was rather amusing. I might continue watching, I might not.
Still though, it was pretty funny.

~Panda

54 Pages  1 2 3 »