Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Nick Mansell - Mission Impossible

Important Reminder
• Maximum size limit for signature is 150KB. (153,600 bytes)
• All images must fit within the 600 (width) x 200 (height) dimension limit for your signature.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 4,499  ·  Replies: 2 
> Assassin's Creed meets Star Wars, various pictures of the making
Tuskano
  Posted: Nov 22 2012, 09:08 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,740

Sooo.... here is the factory done Assassin's Creed (Ezio's version) that I had bought about a month ago from AliExpress (most of the suppliers are in China). There are some ups and downs to the outfit, but I plan on eventually customizing it (with some sewing work... I think) so it would be a cross between AC and Star Wars. These first posts are to show what I got from buying outfit.

First off is some bad news... the "hood" seems to be a executioner's style hat it seems. Not sure why it wasn't connected to the rest of the clothes, but man... that would be one of the major downers. I'll have to sew it onto the rest of the jacket I got. Untill then, no turning the head more then 20 degrees. But other then that, it is about the right size. I was afraid it was going to be too big like most of the AC cosplays.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 856 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I like the detail they put into their sewing though.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

The belt... might need replacing for a real belt. It connects by velcro. On the other hand, the little pouches are cool, even if they don't open.
user posted image

The boot covers are nice, but now I need to get boots or shoes to match them and also keep them from sliding down my legs when I walk.
user posted image

The half-cape is also pretty and of good material.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I might replace the arm bracers... they also keep sliding off my arms. And I would have to think up of something different anyways if I want something that can hold the weight of one of those cheap extendable lightsabers.
user posted image

The white undershirt I think is the best out of it all... as it has the fluffles at the end and is comfortable to wear.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Next is the vest... I might replace the armor looking material with something else as they are simply held on my clips.
user posted image

user posted image

Last is the pants. They are a nice thin material. Unfortuently, US Customs had to be (imagine rude word here) and cut into the side of the bag everything was in. I guess since it was out of country, they must have immediatly thought it could be drugs. Their nice little cut went into 2 layers of the folded pants in the lower left thigh right above the knee. I decided to sew it myself, but when I tried everything on it tore the moment I bent my leg ever-so-slightly. I might replace it with black pants.
user posted image

user posted image

And... everything put together. Well besides the bracers and legs. And the one brown glove whose pointer-finger was too small. The black gloves are Navy issued. I also noticed I was supposed to have the vest over the black colored flaps... but I didn't catch that till I hung my costume up.
user posted image

Anyways, that is what I am working with to turn into something like this. With that said, I am building my own assassin. Maybe I might look into some futuristic designes to make it more Star Warsish.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 23 2012, 10:28 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

I think I'm finished freaking out. I can post now... Oh my! I can't wait to see progress on this costume! You got a really good template going here. At least you have something to work with. I would suggest you go to Goodwill to see if you can pick up some of the things that you want to replace. That would make the job much easier.
Tuskano
  Posted: Nov 24 2012, 06:31 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,740

Hmm... Goodwill would be a good idea. Maybe get some cheapo black pants or something. If I had the resources, I might go for armored plates over the pants like Boba Fett's to replace the boot covers and pants here. I think I might end up going for something more then Darth Vader here and just doing Star Wars in general.