Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Jay Lehr - Hi Love

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 4,157  ·  Replies: 28 
> Anyone want to help me start a new Eurobeat Prime?, I'll create the site, I just need song inputs/lyrics

Would anyone like to help?
Yes - EBP needs updates and we could use a new place [ 11 ]  [50.00%]
No - EBP is good enough [ 11 ]  [50.00%]
Total Votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
KonradZuse
    Posted on Nov 6 2014, 12:07 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,074

Hello all,

After seeing Takakashi Ryosuke's comment about Extended SEB, as well as others complaining EBP isn't updated I'm curious if anyone would want to help me create a new site dedicated to Eurobeat Lyrics as well as other things Eurobeat/w/e else we want to add like Mega Trance, Para Para, or the other album series that people love?

I really love Eurobeat and this community is great,. so I would love to give back in some way.

So if anyone is up for making a new site dedicated to our favorite music let me know.

It coulsd be anything we want, not just lyrics, but I figured I would ask the forum and see what people want.

I definitely want a better place that EBP for lyrics. As I mentioned in the other thread when I look up a song I have to type in the song title, then click the song with the album associated, then it sends me to the album listing, then I need to click the album, and scroll through the songs to find it..

Waste of time, what's the point of searching songs if it wont bring you directly to the lyrics? Plus a lot of lyrics are WRONG.

I would like to make a place where we could also EDIT lyrics, and ADD lyrics ourselves.

Let me know peeps, lets do something good smile.gif.

EDIT: I also wanted to have some sort of DB for songs so that noobs like myself can easily understand what is what. Maybe even some info about the genres and what they are liked /compared to.

I.e., Para Para compared to Eurobeat, is this this this.

I also was thinking we could have some sort of download section for certain member types. I don't think charging is a good idea, but I don't know about the legality of hosting songs like that, I don't want to get arrested... Plus it's not mine to sell. Any money I would make I would donate to people like K1RZA for his FTP, and hopefully by posting songs to download it would get rid of his burden. That or I could do exactly what he is doing... create an FTP for everyone.

Thoughts, thanks smile.gif.

This post has been edited by KonradZuse on Nov 6 2014, 12:16 PM
iheartmiho
Posted on Nov 6 2014, 12:37 PM

Love & Money

Member No.: 20,567

EBP is out of date, but that is due to the admin being very busy with other things. It could be update if he gave permission to have other people build the database. Seems dumb to start all over. And people have tried various ways, but they never are as realized as EBP is.

And there is a lyrics section in which you don't have to go through the database search. You click on the name of the artist for the song to get the lyrics. Yes, EBP is a bit behind, but no reason to make something else.

One of the things that sets IDW and EBP apart is that EBP doesn't host songs. We have FTPs and uploads on here that can take care of that sort of thing. The communities are very different, IMHO. Members on EBP are more interested in discussing the music rather than downloads. How are you going to collectively get both sides of audience to one website?

This post has been edited by iheartmiho on Nov 6 2014, 12:39 PM
KiraTM
Posted on Nov 6 2014, 01:05 PM

NitroFire

Member No.: 36,911

I had a similar idea a few years ago but haven't had the neccessary effort for such a big project. Also, you can send lyrics to EBP via a special link but still, EBP is rarely updated. I know the reasons why but a completely updated database would be great.
In addition to that, I really like your idea to integrate Para Para, Trance and more.
I'd like to participate because I've got some ideas.
KonradZuse
  Posted on Nov 6 2014, 01:15 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (iheartmiho @ 38 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
EBP is out of date, but that is due to the admin being very busy with other things. It could be update if he gave permission to have other people build the database. Seems dumb to start all over. And people have tried various ways, but they never are as realized as EBP is.

And there is a lyrics section in which you don't have to go through the database search. You click on the name of the artist for the song to get the lyrics. Yes, EBP is a bit behind, but no reason to make something else.

One of the things that sets IDW and EBP apart is that EBP doesn't host songs. We have FTPs and uploads on here that can take care of that sort of thing. The communities are very different, IMHO. Members on EBP are more interested in discussing the music rather than downloads. How are you going to collectively get both sides of audience to one website?

I don't know anything about the EBP community, nor was I trying to take anything away from IDW, but this is a forum, not a full blown site.

As for their community, I don't care as much about a community as to create a full blown database for people. Downloading music is probably not going to happen, but at least give information about the albums and maybe even places to purchase them would be handy for people.

I am just speaking from experience as a noobie to Eurobeat, I really like the resources we have, but it would be nice to have more.

Thanks.
kyonpalm
Posted on Nov 6 2014, 04:14 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Don't fix what isn't broken. EBP is perfectly fine, it's just a bit out of date. The best option would be to make EBP better, but that's up to the owner(s) of the site.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
KonradZuse
  Posted on Nov 6 2014, 04:46 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Kira)
I had a similar idea a few years ago but haven't had the neccessary effort for such a big project. Also, you can send lyrics to EBP via a special link but still, EBP is rarely updated. I know the reasons why but a completely updated database would be great.
In addition to that, I really like your idea to integrate Para Para, Trance and more.
I'd like to participate because I've got some ideas.

For sure I will inquire help when we get enough want for it.

QUOTE (kyonpalm)
Don't fix what isn't broken. EBP is perfectly fine, it's just a bit out of date. The best option would be to make EBP better, but that's up to the owner(s) of the site.

I've mentioned my concerns but it depends how much people care about something more.
skibblesx
Posted on Nov 6 2014, 04:56 PM

Frog Lord

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 43,002

this will probably end up like Tiger's parapara/eurobeat database
Lebon14
Posted on Nov 6 2014, 09:20 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

Eurobeat-Prime is out-of-date. Not just a little unfortunately. Most digital releases are missing, Initial D releases part-way through Fourth Stage are missing too, there are no Japanese releases, some SEB albums need to be entered, etc...

That's a lot of work.

Like iheartmiho mentionned, Bore is... extremely busy. He doesn't have the time to update the website much anymore. He will once in a few months and make the site catch up on SEB, but that's about it.

And, starting from scratch? If you want to go ahead, knock youself out. You'll be working nonstop for several month in order to build such a database AND be sure it's correct.

Personally, if you really want to help out, go to Discogs and fill in the blanks. There's ton of works to be done there.

This post has been edited by Lebon14 on Nov 6 2014, 09:21 PM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
K1RZA
Posted on Nov 7 2014, 02:12 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 26,168

Personally, if you really want to help out, go to Discogs and fill in the blanks. There's ton of works to be done there.

This is the correct and less costly to money option. Discogs is a ready platform, just need to fill it.
Milachan
Posted on Nov 7 2014, 07:31 AM

Charrobeat

Member No.: 42,031

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 9:14 PM)

More or less what I think about. That site is pretty old and was very reliable back in the time.
I don't think a "new" one (starting from zero) would work…

QUOTE (skibblesx @ Yesterday, 9:56 PM)
this will probably end up like Tiger's parapara/eurobeat database

Is there something wrong with that?
It's pretty nice for a specific audience, not much for eurobeat, yep. But I don't think there's something closer to that avaliable online (maybe japanese websites, but… well, they're in japanese)

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ 9 hours, 58 minutes ago)
That's a lot of work.
And, starting from scratch? If you want to go ahead, knock youself out. You'll be working nonstop for several month in order to build such a database AND be sure it's correct.

Ohhh yeah… there's always something new to add (obviously, not as fast as in the past).
Discogs is a great source, but a special place for eurobeat alone is always appreciated hehe
John61590
Posted on Nov 7 2014, 08:34 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 28,016

Hi. I own http://www.paraparalovers.com . The website is on hiatus until I can find a good business model for it or I achieve financial security. However, I would have more incentive to update it if I received enough donations or investments. I definitely have more ideas that would disrupt the Eurobeat/ParaPara tech scene. I already made the first Android app that features ParaPara and Eurobeat by the way. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?....paraparalovers

"And, starting from scratch? If you want to go ahead, knock youself out. You'll be working nonstop for several month in order to build such a database AND be sure it's correct." (quoting Lebon14)

Yes. You have to make the website secure as well and test input yourself, which takes a long time.

To comment on KonradZuse, the main issue is that people who are educated and mentally capable of producing database-driven websites usually are older and find better ways of making money in tech than doing things for a niche genre with a unknown business model.

This post has been edited by John61590 on Nov 7 2014, 08:50 AM
KonradZuse
  Posted on Nov 7 2014, 01:45 PM

IDW Expert Member

There is no starting from scratch. There is already information for all of it on these sites mentioned. All I need to do is create a place that can be updated, edited, and allow for input. Getting the other inputs wouldn't be that hard, I just need people who can update.

As for money that is no problem, when you already host sites adding an extra one doesn't cost much.

I have many other ways to make money from applications. Software is my career, I have a job already in the field, and I work daily in it.

I just want to give back to communities sometimes, that is all.

The website isn't something to make money off of for myself, but a place to help users get what they want. As I said above if I did make money I would donate it to K1RZA for his contributions.

Also, I am not one to add anything, as a noobie I don't know anything from anything, so it wouldn't make sense for me to try and add things, or purchase albums I have no idea about.

So again, this isn't a single project, nor would I be spending much time myself on adding things, but hopefully create a place that will allow users to get what they are looking for in terms of information on Eurobeat and lyrics. This is not for money making. If I make money, cool, but this isn't something I'm looking to make money on.

EBP can be updated, but if there isn't allowance for others to update then it is pointless.
iheartmiho
Posted on Nov 7 2014, 02:24 PM

Love & Money

Member No.: 20,567

Knock yourself out. A problem with letting anyone edit is the number of errors that could arise. I would contact Bore on EBP to ask how the database could be updated more frequently. He's a cool guy and would probably like the idea. Makes more sense to change/improve on an existing site than working on another, newer one.
skibblesx
Posted on Nov 7 2014, 02:39 PM

Frog Lord

Member No.: 43,002

at least let people submit additions/edits and have them reviewed by a mod staff.
KonradZuse
  Posted on Nov 7 2014, 02:40 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (iheartmiho @ 16 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
Knock yourself out. A problem with letting anyone edit is the number of errors that could arise. I would contact Bore on EBP to ask how the database could be updated more frequently. He's a cool guy and would probably like the idea. Makes more sense to change/improve on an existing site than working on another, newer one.

Well EBP has a lot of errors I've noticed myself. Wiki lets users edit, but there is also moderation.

It would be nice to update the old one, but as I said the navigation is very poor. It's also possible to show revisions and such, so that even if someone screws around, we could fix it.

[QUOTE=skibbesx]at least let people submit additions/edits and have them reviewed by a mod staff.[QUOTE]

Yeah that's the idea. There are many ideas that are possible. For instance there can be a method to basically let logged in users submit "songs/albums" and then submit changes. From there we could let other users edit, but make mods/possibly that user allow the edits.

It's also possible to allow certain permissions for people to edit, i.e., you have to contribute a few songs to be able to edit others, etc.

Also like I said you can keep a history of revisions so that the mod team/user can go back to one of them at any time.

Anything is possible smile.gif.

For me, this would be another project like any, to learn. I love learning, and I love being able to gain experience.

Of course I could supplement this with any other of my projects I have to do, where I might learn more, but I just figured that the community wanted something more, that's all smile.gif.

This post has been edited by KonradZuse on Nov 7 2014, 03:06 PM
Milachan
Posted on Nov 7 2014, 03:21 PM

Charrobeat

QUOTE (KonradZuse @ 1 hour, 14 minutes ago)
Also, I am not one to add anything, as a noobie I don't know anything from anything, so it wouldn't make sense for me to try and add things, or purchase albums I have no idea about.

Eventually, you will know as much stuff as everyone else here does, so take your time.
I appreciate your efforts and the fact that this community is being so active lately.

QUOTE (skibblesx @ 20 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
at least let people submit additions/edits and have them reviewed by a mod staff.

That's the lyrics system on Eurobeat-Prime.
You make an account
You submit lyrics
They're reviewed by a mod (I don't know if it's Bore alone, though)
Lyrics are updated in a few days
Stanza
Posted on Nov 7 2014, 11:38 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 38,673

Am I the only one that remembers the epsilon.eurobeat-prime.com database? That one was much nicer looking, better formatted and even had short samples for most songs. If we could have something like that, but with a more wiki-like editing system, I'd be super happy. Bore is obviously super busy, but maybe we could get him to let other people work from that as a template...
K1RZA
Posted on Nov 8 2014, 12:48 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 26,168

The website isn't something to make money off of for myself, but a place to help users get what they want. As I said above if I did make money I would donate it to K1RZA for his contributions.

And how Donation Tracker? I remember before people were actively chipped. ermm2.gif
Lebon14
Posted on Nov 8 2014, 03:53 AM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

QUOTE (Stanza @ 4 hours, 15 minutes ago)
Am I the only one that remembers the epsilon.eurobeat-prime.com database? That one was much nicer looking, better formatted and even had short samples for most songs. If we could have something like that, but with a more wiki-like editing system, I'd be super happy. Bore is obviously super busy, but maybe we could get him to let other people work from that as a template...

Devlopment isn't complete and... I doubt it ever will be because of lack of time and interest.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
KonradZuse
  Posted on Nov 8 2014, 11:04 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (K1RZA @ Today, 12:48 AM)
And how Donation Tracker? I remember before people were actively chipped. ermm2.gif

I heard the donation tracker isn't in use anymore, I asked ab out it to donate, butI guess it isn't in use.

As for what can be done, again, anything is possible depending what people want. I don't see this as a difficult project at all, but if we start getting a lot of cool features it might take some time.

Overall if people are willing to input we shouldn't have much problems.

@Milachan yeah I know it will take time to learn the genre, I'm just saying thatI personally would be weak in contributions right away, so I need others to help out.

Submissions are nice, but again it seems that "Bore" or whoever is the only one updating, and alot of the updates aren't even correct. WE need more than just 1 person, or a team doing it.

Also, if we really wanted to get fancy, I could create an audio recognition that just grabs the lyrics from each song and enters it into the db automatically. i.e., you listen to a song with the app running, when it's done you submit and it uploads to the site with all the info needed and bam easy lyrics upload/song info uploaded.

This would probably be the easiest/fastest way to get a db compiled, but would take the most time especially since I don't have any experience with audio programming or audio recognition. I do however have experience with image recognition, so I'm assuming it goes on the same concepts I would assume, nor do I doubt it would be 'that hard" to learn what I need to...

This post has been edited by KonradZuse on Nov 8 2014, 11:05 AM
Milachan
Posted on Nov 8 2014, 11:45 AM

Charrobeat

QUOTE (KonradZuse @ 40 minutes, 55 seconds ago)
Also, if we really wanted to get fancy, I could create an audio recognition that just grabs the lyrics from each song and enters it into the db automatically. i.e., you listen to a song with the app running, when it's done you submit and it uploads to the site with all the info needed and bam easy lyrics upload/song info uploaded.

This would probably be the easiest/fastest way to get a db compiled, but would take the most time especially since I don't have any experience with audio programming or audio recognition.

That wouldn't work very well, in my opinion.
A simple example is that Domino uses a lot of japanese words in her songs, so what would happen?
We are not even talking about the horribly spoken english of many Hi-Nrg Attack productions (believe me, it's bad to understand, even for english natives)

I am already doing that, writing all of their catalogue's lyrics down (the recent lyrics updates on eb-prime were made by me). It's a hell of a work because some songs are just incomprehensible… but I'm trying.
KonradZuse
  Posted on Nov 8 2014, 11:55 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Milachan @ 9 minutes, 54 seconds ago)
That wouldn't work very well, in my opinion.
A simple example is that Domino uses a lot of japanese words in her songs, so what would happen?
We are not even talking about the horribly spoken english of many Hi-Nrg Attack productions (believe me, it's bad to understand, even for english natives)

I am already doing that, writing all of their catalogue's lyrics down (the recent lyrics updates on eb-prime were made by me). It's a hell of a work because some songs are just incomprehensible… but I'm trying.

True I forgot about the language barrier, but multi-language translations can't be that hard... Even if not the sounds of the words is what really matters imo, at least a Japanese word translated in an English sounding word.
Bore
Posted on Nov 17 2014, 09:46 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 3,229

From Eurobeat-Prime and me... Yeah, I am very well aware of the site's situation. The various systems that have been in development through out the years have mostly been cut down or left in development limbo due to various reasons.

1) The main reason is obviously time constraints. The fact is that the site took an endless amount of work to get to where it is today, albeit being out of date, it wasn't exactly a few evening task to do. The databases and reviews and what not were a sign of dedication to the project. When I began working with the site I was a student, I had a whole lot more free time and actual will to work countless hours for the seemingly endless project. Now, well, I'm old, slow and work seems to drain most of my extra energy so there's rather rarely much leftover energy to spend on site work.

2) The second big problem being the fact that the coding part was never handled by me. If that was the case, I could've solved various problems and layout issues the site has been having for the past few years. But that is not the case. I have a friend who sacrifices his own free time to help me here and there with the actual structural parts. The fact that we live very different kinds of lives, different schedules makes it hard to actually have the time and commitment to work out on the issues.

3) Over the past few years, my actual interest in eurobeat has gone down a notch. I still love the music, but I can't in any way call myself as much of a devout as I used to be. It may be just natural progression, or getting old, or whatever it is... But I just don't find the excitement most of the time to do much with the site.

And from here on we get to the next step... Yes, the whole plan lately was to add in a moderator system for adding albums, reviews, lyrics and all that. The system actually is very much there for people who have checked it out as Milachan already said. It's not fully complete though, which is again a problem based on the second reason said above. In an ideal setting, if that worked out as it was intended, mods could be appointed to help out with the actual database stuff. I might not feel as sad about the state of the site.
But in its current form it's still rather vulnerable and not exactly the most logical of systems out there. Although in retrospect, for the first few years I used a simple string to add in info to the mysql database, so it's still better than what the site had for its initial years. And well, the epsilon.eurobeat-prime that has been referenced to here. It was also in discussion very recently about ditching the old layout for that... But very minimal time to work on it hasn't really helped the progress.

Wall of text crits for 9000 damage...

For the usual too long to readers: For a very long time I have been pondering about 'passing' the site on to a different owner, but out of the talks that I have had. There hasn't been much of real interest in the long run. As I have treasured the site for so long, I'd still like it to have commitment in the future as well, but there is no way of knowing if it'd just get lost in the same limbo it has been with me. Sigh. Now I just feel depressed. Go go gadget eurobeat whatever the future site is.
Milachan
Posted on Nov 17 2014, 02:54 PM

Charrobeat

Thank you for the explanation.

I got a little sad with 3… oh well, that may happen with me too someday, who knows?
The fact is that you're still in touch with eurobeat (be it struggling or not) and came here to talk your thoughts, that's very appreciated.
eXtaticus
Posted on Nov 17 2014, 09:46 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 38,786

-redacted-

This post has been edited by eXtaticus on Dec 19 2017, 04:18 PM

2 Pages  1 2