Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Rich Hard - On Your Wings

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

16 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 55,199  ·  Replies: 383 
> The SpazEvo IX, Numero Dos!
Lonely_Driver
Posted: Feb 13 2014, 11:22 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,019

QUOTE (Mazda ina Ford guy @ Yesterday, 11:08 PM)
Time to switch to nitro-methane?

Only pussys run nitro meth
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Spaz
  Posted: Feb 13 2014, 01:46 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Oh you guys. tongue.gif

There are a couple stations that still have it within 20 minutes of the track, hopefully they will be able to continue to carry it, but my breath is far from held. I'll run it if the have it, but if they drop it too I'm switching. There're a couple guys up there who're keeping tabs on it and I don't have to commit one way or the other until the end of March.

This post has been edited by Spaz on Feb 13 2014, 01:46 PM
MetalMan777
Posted: Feb 13 2014, 02:14 PM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

110LL

Yes, I like my hydrocarbons. The only lubricity alcohol offers is of the social sort. None of my cars need that much anti-knock anyway.

Or...

Methanol carries more oxygen than ethanol, switch to methanol. Burn more fuel, make more power.
Mazda ina Ford guy
Posted: Feb 14 2014, 02:37 AM

333 Half Evil

Member No.: 37,098

....Or you could get a Mr. Fusion and run on garbage (banana peels and piss warm flat Miller High Life), just sayin'.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
RalliKai
Posted: Feb 14 2014, 05:54 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

QUOTE (Mazda ina Ford guy @ 3 hours, 16 minutes ago)
....Or you could get a Mr. Fusion and run on garbage (banana peels and piss warm flat Miller High Life), just sayin'.

Even those will be banned soon. crying2.gif

We'll be driving cars powered by miniture wind farms built on the hoods.
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Feb 14 2014, 08:30 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 25,374

I prefer being powered by snails under the hood smile.gif

STAY STOCK!!!
Spaz
  Posted: Feb 14 2014, 11:10 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (MetalMan777 @ Yesterday, 5:14 PM)
110LL

Yes, I like my hydrocarbons. The only lubricity alcohol offers is of the social sort. None of my cars need that much anti-knock anyway.

Or...

Methanol carries more oxygen than ethanol, switch to methanol. Burn more fuel, make more power.

It would be a 50/50 mix of water and methanol in a secondary injection system. That gets you the best of both worlds, and in fact due to the combination of cooling and knock-quench will make more power than any other mixture of the two, or either by themselves.

QUOTE (DeeezNuuuts83 @ 1 hour, 44 minutes ago)
STAY STOCK!!!

That's the worst idea I've ever heard! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Spaz on Feb 14 2014, 11:10 AM
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Feb 14 2014, 03:02 PM

IDW Goldmember

Zero problems... you should've seen my smog test results from last month. Clean as a whistle.
MetalMan777
Posted: Feb 14 2014, 08:14 PM

Snooping as usual

QUOTE (Spaz @ 9 hours, 4 minutes ago)
It would be a 50/50 mix of water and methanol in a secondary injection system. That gets you the best of both worlds, and in fact due to the combination of cooling and knock-quench will make more power than any other mixture of the two, or either by themselves.

Tuned right, pure methanol should make you more power than anything else. Except nitromethane. Expensive and your mpgs go to absolute shit, but you make a lot of power that way.

You could buy a Nitrous Oxide kit a lot cheaper than a bunch of turbo mods.
sideways
Posted: Feb 14 2014, 10:40 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Ive actually always been a fan of water/meth injection kits over e85. E85 is great if you can find it- But its not a viable option for everyone. Its nice being able to fill up *anywhere* with anyones gas, instead of having to revolve your cars life around a very small handfull of stations. Just so much more "practical" to me.
Spaz
  Posted: Feb 15 2014, 11:45 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (sideways @ Today, 1:40 AM)
Ive actually always been a fan of water/meth injection kits over e85. E85 is great if you can find it- But its not a viable option for everyone. Its nice being able to fill up *anywhere* with anyones gas, instead of having to revolve your cars life around a very small handfull of stations. Just so much more "practical" to me.

This! So much this.

I don't MIND being tethered to a few stations, hell, I tend to be very business loyal so that works out just fine. But leaving the Midwest turns into a pretty big hassle for fuel when E is all you can run. I had a pump gas map for my VIII that would allow me to limp the car without boost to the next station with E, but overall that was a horrible way to go about it and would drag a very low E content mixture out for 3 or 4 tanks before numbers get back to acceptable ranges.

An alky kit definitely fixes that kind of issue.
sideways
Posted: Feb 15 2014, 08:53 PM

Haha sounds about right to me! I can only imagine how much of a pain in the ass it must be trying to actually plan a trip, plotting out appropriate gas stations along the way and budgeting your gas.

With a water/alcohol injection setup all you need to do is find a home depot or the similar. Cant find pure methanol there? Ef it. Run denatured alcohol. Cant find either of these (because say, theyre out, or you cant find a home depot or the like)? Ef them too- Run to an autoparts store (or anywhere that has generic autopart stuff, its pretty common- gas station, grocery store, etc) and buy yourself a bottle of "Heet" (or similar). Its an additive that stops your lines from freezing over- How? Because its basically a bottle of meth. Dilute that 50/50 with some water and youre golden. Cant find THAT??! Dont fret! Buy yourself some low temp windshield washing (rated for below freezing) fluid for a couple bucks per gallon, as these will basically be a mix of meth/water (Watch out for hippie friendly brands though that dont use meth). Cant find THAT? Ef em again! Run pure water. Not ideal- But itll get the job done. Whats that? No watter? Screw it, turn your boost down to knock friendly level- Still fill up with gas anywhere, and be just fine. The options are plentiful.

Another nice perk to the injection kits? You get *normal* gas mileage, and not e85 gas mileage. Its only a 15% difference or so for most people depending on tuning, and arguing for "gas mileage" on your "racer" is kind of silly, but hey anything that saves me money is a nice perk to me.

Have i mentioned i prefer injection kits laugh.gif

MetalMan777
Posted: Feb 15 2014, 09:19 PM

Snooping as usual

IsoHeet (as if the name doesn't give it away) is isopropyl. Similar enough to methanol that it'll do the same job, but don't spend money on that when you can go to CVS (make sure it's CVS, because I don't own Walgreens stock) and buy isopropyl in a quart at 70 or 91% concentration for less than the Heet. The balance of the % is pure water, since you're gonna mix it with that anyway.

This post has been edited by MetalMan777 on Feb 16 2014, 01:14 PM
Spaz
  Posted: Feb 16 2014, 01:03 PM

Group Icon

Worst case is even simpler than shopping around... Can't find alky supplies? Just leave the system off!

The setup on the Aquamist systems is amazing. the controller has a a trigger wire that you run to the ECU and use for map switching. With the system off, it runs your standard pump gas fuel, timing, and boost maps. One press of the button to power the system, and it throws voltage at the trigger pin and all of a sudden you're on alky maps, with notably more aggressive timing and boost curves. Flow is controlled by injector duty cycle, so you set the onset of boost and flow caps, and it runs and tunes no differently than if you were running a secondary set of injectors like on a rotary.

It's an ideal, but even with the failsafes there's always the risks.
sideways
Posted: Feb 16 2014, 02:36 PM

I havent looked at kits in awhile- May I inquire which kit that is, and if i may be so bold, ask how much the retail is on it?

This post has been edited by sideways on Feb 16 2014, 02:36 PM
Lonely_Driver
Posted: Feb 16 2014, 02:49 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,019

QUOTE (sideways @ 13 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
how much the retail is on it?

More than you can afford pal.
Spaz
  Posted: Feb 16 2014, 10:35 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (sideways @ 7 hours, 58 minutes ago)
I havent looked at kits in awhile- May I inquire which kit that is, and if i may be so bold, ask how much the retail is on it?

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Aquamist-8...ystem-Red-Gauge

It's a lot, but so are injectors for E85, around $500 for a set. So all things considered it's not bad. Once you talk lines, mounting hardware, extra wiring, etc, it's best to figure about $1000 for a filled and functional system.
sideways
Posted: Feb 17 2014, 12:37 AM

Im too used to being here in australia. That sounds appropriately affordable to me laugh.gif
Spaz
  Posted: Feb 17 2014, 08:24 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (sideways @ 7 hours, 47 minutes ago)
Im too used to being here in australia. That sounds appropriately affordable to me laugh.gif

Well, even in USD I agree that it's appropriately priced.

Still, I'll be considering it for a while. I'm thinking for the first few events I'll rock the car mostly as it sits; drop the fuel pump in, fix the rear spring rates, tune, and call it good.
Spaz
  Posted: Feb 23 2014, 07:25 AM

Group Icon

Well, I let on that I may be able to be convinced to pull the car out of storage, and my buddy at Chad Truss Photography knew just how to bribe me.

Rig shots!

We made some photo magic happen last night, and here's the first one.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 635. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Mazda ina Ford guy
Posted: Feb 23 2014, 09:05 PM

333 Half Evil

Member No.: 37,098

Looking good Spaz, can't wait to see it in person!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Feb 24 2014, 09:31 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Spaz @ Yesterday, 8:25 AM)
Well, I let on that I may be able to be convinced to pull the car out of storage, and my buddy at Chad Truss Photography knew just how to bribe me.

Rig shots!

We made some photo magic happen last night, and here's the first one.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...858770323_n.jpg

That's a great shot! And that reminds me...

QUOTE (Spaz @ Sep 17 2012, 01:20 PM)
Is it my style? Not really. I'm pretty partial to the wing (even if my clearcoat is starting to peel), it's part of the car and its heritage.

How times have changed! Hehehe
Spaz
  Posted: Feb 24 2014, 10:39 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (DeeezNuuuts83 @ 1 hour, 8 minutes ago)
How times have changed! Hehehe

Can't help buying a car without it!

Either way, I'll probably pick up a winged trunk at some point.
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Feb 24 2014, 11:22 AM

IDW Goldmember

Would you trade your wingless trunk for one, or would you want to have both trunks?

As you probably remember, I went wingless (authentic carbon-fiber Do-Luck trunk) for around eight months, and while it was cool to have all of that visibility and be even less worried about being pulled over, once I put the stock trunk with the wing back on, I realized how much I missed it.
Spaz
  Posted: Feb 24 2014, 06:07 PM

Group Icon

I'd keep both trunks, use the winged one for shows and track days, and rock the wingless look on the street. I don't need anything drawing attention with the lack of front plate and blatantly illegal tint.

16 Pages  1 2 3 4 »