Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Wain L - Make Up Your Mind

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,747  ·  Replies: 20 
> be warned of Ebay when buying initial D !!!, Fake initial D DVD's !!!
Ryousuke[rs]
  Posted: Jan 20 2003, 07:38 AM

Unregistered

I finally get my dvd's from ebay ...complete set [65$] + shipping and packing [26$] ...as i read earlier it was a big mistake do it!
All are bootlegs! mad.gif
Some dvd's look's like originals but they don's have any sign of distributor (avex)
...I think they are bootlegs all around the world and ebay it's just a one organizations that sell it ...or peoples are selling fake stuff for it...
When i can told anyone don't think as i was thinking... Buy better original from cdjapan or some similiar organization that sell's dvd's from AVEX GROUP

Fakes are not like originals ...they have baad picture quality and subtitles are really crap.
...I think i have learned this: When you like some anime you should buy original
...and hard work it's not easy to pay! You shold know that ...i know it already...

I am now colecting money for original ...i hope that soon will be released new collectors series edition of initial D cause i can't find any now on inet...

p.s. i place link how look bootlegs later ...so anyone can see how it's look's. I can make too some screenshot's how look's picture.
Neurogirl
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 07:53 AM

I dance to all the wrong songs, I enjoy all the wrong moves

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 78

Yeah thats why you buy Japanese anime from stores and not ebay. IF you would like links look in the Inital merchendise topic you will find pleanty.

Sorry for your mishap
  Posted: Jan 20 2003, 08:53 AM

Unregistered

I read ...you placed link over to merchendise...

http://www.sunentertainment.com/initald.html

...hmm well look's just like my stuff from ebay ...released by anime cartoon ...hmm have you too that black stripe up in screen appearing somethimes? when playing dvd ...
I will definitely not buy stuff frome somethink else ...only from Avex Group ...looking just like on

www.cdjapan.co.jp ...i think at least ...pictures are too small dry.gif
Ryousuke[rs]
  Posted: Jan 20 2003, 09:05 AM

Unregistered

that text before it's from me of course... happy.gif

Any way if any look's the second stage it's sell in gate foddered packing including 3 dvd ...normally on cdjapan it's selling in separated packings on 4 dvd's !!! ...and 1 dvd price is : 48$ ...in the gate foderred packing with 3 dvd's is price on most sites around the price for this on!!! isn't this very weird? dry.gif
Jayson
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 11:01 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 32

Damn, bummer man, but thats why you don't buy certain things from ebay.
Ryousuke[rs]
  Posted: Jan 20 2003, 04:25 PM

Unregistered

I already know that ...just informing other's so that noone make mistake as i do...
Neurogirl
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ Jan 20 2003, 08:50 AM)
I read ...you placed link over to merchendise...

http://www.sunentertainment.com/initald.html

...hmm well look's just like my stuff from ebay ...released by anime cartoon ...hmm have you too that black stripe up in screen appearing somethimes? when playing dvd ...
I will definitely not buy stuff frome somethink else ...only from Avex Group ...looking just like on

www.cdjapan.co.jp ...i think at least ...pictures are too small dry.gif

actually no I don't see that. The dvds that I paid for are like regular ones. I have no idea what your talking about and my b/f is the one whos real into buying the real thing and said they were it. So i don't know what to tell you.

Ryousuke[rs]
  Posted: Jan 20 2003, 04:57 PM

Unregistered

well ok ...i just told what i see logically explained
...but if on cdjapan 1 dvd with 4 episodes it's sell for 48$ and you can get all stages on 3 dvd's ...just like in first stage for around 40$ ...it's sure weird don't you think...? ...and normally it's 1 stage on 7 DVD discs!
on 8 when you have special collectors box ...and that it's sell for: 353$ !!!

p.s. i will definitely get it when i will have a chance!
Neurogirl
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 05:01 PM

yeah and they sell the original dvd singles here for $8.00 dollars at a store In the mall that actually import them from Japan. People sell things for less whats your point.
Jayson
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 05:27 PM

God Damn man! Your getting ripped off!
Kefun
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 07:34 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

Hey maybe HK has real DVDs man
Jayson
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 08:22 PM

maybe your just a shmuck!

jk tongue.gif
karasac
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 09:24 PM

Rotary Disciple

Member No.: 11

didnt we discuss this already too?
Jayson
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 10:34 PM

maybe unsure.gif
Romeo
  Posted: Jan 22 2003, 10:36 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 202

I ordered the First stage from ebay and it wasn't a bootleg.
The seller's name was videoplayground. Great seller and I bought the movie special from him as well. It seems real to me, has the Anime International holograms and the such. Why pay hundreds of dollars when you can buy it for less? Anyway, your right about ebay and that's what this topic is about. I would assume it was obvious to be careful on there. You should always email the seller questions. Doesn't mean they will tell truth but oh well.

Ryousuke[rs]
  Posted: Jan 24 2003, 11:44 AM

Unregistered

well anyway i don't think license for initial D dvd's it's so cheap ...that's why it is weird...
i don't think no about the copies that i was having ...but the differences in prices is really big ...dosn't anyone interest's it ???
And why is any version of Ititial D (except that from avex group) having subtitles in english and chinese?
I don't really think that they are export's for usa or china...
At least if anyone think's about how many dvd's is having 1th stage of ID...
3 in gate fodered packing
Avex group released it on 7 dvd's ! with no subtitles and area code 2
I thik there must be difference in quality and sound too ...cuz logically is data rate bigger on 7 dvd's...

p.s. thinking about the area codes ...how can an original dvd is being region free???
teknoman
  Posted: Jan 24 2003, 01:38 PM

Unregistered

Damn, bummer man, but thats why you don't buy certain things from ebay.

I agree with Jayson. You see my mom brought a commerical juicer from a person from the east coast then when my mom look at it. The juicer isn't a commerical version but only a standard version only. My Mom started complaining to the person. Now I know why my Dad told her not to buy any stuff from Ebay.
karasac
Posted: Jan 24 2003, 01:39 PM

Rotary Disciple

Member No.: 11

what Ryousuke[rs] said
Shark
Posted: Jan 24 2003, 04:17 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (R o m e o @ Jan 22 2003, 10:33 PM)
I ordered the First stage from ebay and it wasn't a bootleg.
The seller's name was videoplayground. Great seller and I bought the movie special from him as well. It seems real to me, has the Anime International holograms and the such.

I am so very sorry to disappoint you.. That _is_ a bootleg sad.gif
Anime International is a bootlegger.
Even though it looks professional and has holograms and such things on it, it can still be a bootleg. Which it is in this case.
I made the same mistake once. Wont happen again though, as I've become aware of the problem now. And I was a bit astonished. The market is literally flooded with bootlegs...

Anyone wanting to know more should take a look at the link in my sig. It's good reading for those wanting to know more smile.gif
Ryousuke[rs]
  Posted: Jan 29 2003, 03:25 PM

Unregistered

Well just like Shark told... i will newer do this mistake twice too. I Think that Anime International it's bootleg distributor too. What i don't understand it's how can just some bootleger [Video Animation] buy the process line for manufacturing dvd's cuz they are pretty expensive and the dvd's on that are initial D episodes that i have are on dvd 9 [8.54GB]system so there are too need the newest dvd manufacturing line.
I am working in such a factory so i know about it... :-) ...i am operator of dvd line
And i don't know how it's on market's but i newer seen in shop a dvd 9 only dvd 5 so that means they must have the manufacturing line.
This Anime International it's just like a big crime organization. Not just so guy with dvd rewriter :-) inkprinter and so...

p.s. on boolegs that i was having was printed on dvd's logo of anime international [first and second stage] and on cover of extra stage ...on other's was no sign of this mark...

I was hoping to make scan's of my dvd's but i have a litte time right now ...but i hell make it for sure so anyone can see.

AND!: I prefear too that you read Shark's pages... they are really good!!!
slow13dude
Posted: Feb 5 2003, 08:38 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 222

Ebay=Caveat Emptor