Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Hotblade - Face Down

19 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 101,707  ·  Replies: 459 
> [FANFIC] Battle of the Masterminds
xmark
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 05:59 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639

This is an important battle for Ryosuke which FC driver is better... I think he will let Kichirou take the lead just like he did to Takumi... Everybody has its weakness and this will be the key point to calculate Ryosuke's simulation. He must bond with the car on a physical level to the point he can make the car do anything he wants and be able to pass Kichirou's insane cornering line...

Its getting better and better... Keep it up guys.
thx712517
  Posted: Mar 27 2008, 06:07 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 23,877

“Are you alright?” Kichirou asked, his knuckles white as he gripped the railing of the bed, looking down at the surprisingly frail-looking form of his mentor.
“I think so,” Bunta said, wheezing with the effort. The doctor walked into the room, case file in one hand and a glass of water in the other. Setting the cup down by the bed, he took out his stethoscope and placed it on Bunta's chest.
“I was wondering when you would show up,” the doctor said, “although I thought it would be from a wreck rather than this. I should have known, though. How many packs do you smoke a day?” Dr. Shima asked, motioning for Kichirou to leave. Kichirou put his hand on Takumi's shoulder and guided him into the hall, closing the door behind them.

“Four.”
“You're not an idiot. You know what happens when you smoke this much. Why do you do it, Fujiwara?” Tatsuya asked, shaking his head.
“Because,” Bunta replied grumpily.
“Smoking is slow suicide. You know that. Why do it?” Tatsuya pressed.
“Because I wanted to die,” Bunta said, his eyes rolling open to focus lazily on Shima. Tatsuya remained silent, folding his hands behind his back and walking over to the window to peer down on his Porsche before responding.
“Your lifetime of destructive behavior won't be easily reversed. If you survive the aggressive chemotherapy I have planned for you, you'll still be weakened,” Shima said.
“I know. How many years can you give me?” Bunta asked.
“Years? Fujiwara, one of your lungs is completely cancerous tissue. Even if it's still contained, and there are no relapses, you'll have maybe nine or ten months. Best case scenario, you'll live to see your son's 21st birthday, but not much beyond that.”
Bunta clenched his fists, unable to voice the emotions running through his mind. Finally, he forced his mouth to speak.
“Let's get started. Don't hold back.”
“I'm not going to lie to you. This is going to hurt, but it'll buy you more time,” Tatsuya said. “Find someone to run your shop for you. Take up a hobby to keep your mind active. Have your son bring you some things from home. You're going to be here for a long time.”
xmark
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 06:26 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 18,639

Wow nice update i never knew that coming... Some familiar Wangan guest came for Bunta... I hope this will be a happy ending and not a tragedy sad.gif
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 07:06 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

noooo! why does bunta hav such a limited time left?? cancer sucks and he smoked several too many in his lifetime sad.gif. he must atleast survive to see takumi surpass him crying2.gif
?wha?
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 07:17 PM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

OMFG NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is sacreligious!!

Then again, MOAR! MOAR PLZ!!!! We want to know what happens!
Meteor
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 08:32 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Well. . Atleast Bunta gets 2 more years to live.

Wow nice update i never knew that coming... Some familiar Wangan guest came for Bunta... I hope this will be a happy ending and not a tragedy sad.gif

I think it's going to be bittersweet ending.

BTW:
MOAR! MOAR PLZ!!!!
Pikachu_Fragger
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 10:51 PM

Cock Blockula

Member No.: 27,803

Moral of the story: Don't smoke cigars while smoking cars.

I'm not sure if we'll get to see Bunta die in this one; if we do, I'm interested to see how he goes.

Also, MOAR
DK_2
Posted: Mar 28 2008, 01:21 AM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

OMG. T_T why Bunta!!! So much emotions. T_T
Flex.
Posted: Mar 28 2008, 05:51 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 16,127

It's not like you didn't see that coming, judging from the Kichirou and Bunta conversation in the early chapters about the smoking and coughing..

Nice going guys
RickyDGreat
Posted: Mar 28 2008, 06:33 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,705

crying2.gif my heart crying2.gif keep up the good work fear2.gif
VTiRoj
Posted: Mar 28 2008, 08:05 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Member No.: 15,576

Not Bunta! Nooooooo! crying2.gif

He must live! Liiiiiiiiiiive! Forever!

MOAR! MOAR PLZ!!!!

+1
thx712517
  Posted: Mar 28 2008, 09:23 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

There will be more, just not right now. I've got a term paper to write tonight and Saturday, and a race on Sunday. Next big update will be during the upcoming week, but there might be a small piece if I can squeeze it in during homework.
DK_2
Posted: Mar 28 2008, 11:55 AM

I wear purple pants. +1

kk. take your time with that essay thx! smile.gif bah and i thought there was an update. T_T
red comet 7
Posted: Mar 28 2008, 12:18 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 24,875

i may give yall a little teaser... cool.gif
DK_2
Posted: Mar 28 2008, 05:11 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

please! for the love of god i need an update on thid fic! =O T_T
thx712517
  Posted: Mar 29 2008, 03:28 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Ta da!

The rain spattered down in an unending torrent, sheets of water gushing down from above and crashing on anything in its path. Takumi felt something approaching a tear run down his cheek but blamed it on water leaking through an open window as he drifted the Impreza through a tight hairpin, returning from his early morning tofu delivery. With his father in the hospital for quite some time, the tofu shop and even daily life had been thrown into disarray. Kichirou had brought his wife, a former cook at an expensive restaurant in Tokyo, to the tofu shop to keep the store running. Takumi sighed, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand as he pulled into the alley. It was rough running the deliveries, going to work, and then coming back at night to prepare the tofu for the next day, and it was running him down. The first week had drained his batteries so badly that he no longer trusted himself to drive the hachi-roku, sticking instead to his father's Impreza. There was another reason he clung to the Impreza as well, a reason he wouldn't or couldn't admit. It smelled like his dad. It reminded him of his father, the one who could perform an insane drift with one hand on the wheel, eyes closed, casually smoking a cigarette.

“Those damn cigarettes,” Takumi cursed, wishing he had flung every pack into the street and run them over. They were taking his father away, bit by bit, each breath sneaking away just that much more of his dad until he would be dead and gone. The doctor, Ryosuke's former teacher, wouldn't say exactly what the situation was, but Takumi knew it wasn't good. Kichirou's continued presence was enough of an indication to know there was something seriously wrong, and the appearance of his wife solidified the fact.

He didn't like staying in the tofu shop anymore. He would wake up early and run the delivery, come home and change, and then get to work early. He'd work late, then come home only when he was about to pass out from fatigue. As pleasant as she was, Takumi had barely spoken three words to Kichirou's wife or even knew what her name was. Sighing, he walked inside, dropping off the empty container in its usual place, and quickly ran upstairs to get showered and changed. Without seeing or speaking to another person in the house he was soon back out on the street and in the Impreza, driving. There was no work today, in fact his boss had given him a month off to help with family matters, but he couldn't stay in that house and he was too scared to go to the hospital, scared of seeing his father weak and possibly dying.
“No, I can't think that,” he said, turning to the left and hitting the massive Brembo brakes hard as his tired eyes recognized the slim form on the street corner, carrying an umbrella and skipping along toward the tofu shop, jumping into every puddle she could see with a satisfying splash.

“Natsuki!”
“Takumi-kun!” she cried, waving a hand at him as she came running over, a smile on her face. She stopped at the car door, bending low to peer through the open window at him.
“Nice car, is this yours?” she asked, admiring it. The blue was pretty, and the actual shape of the car seemed strong and powerful. Takumi shook his head, and she caught his expression. Unlocking the door she slid into the seat, bringing with her the soft smell of perfume and something sweet, something like flowers.
“What's wrong?” she asked, placing a tender hand on his forearm. Takumi gulped.
“Do you have some time?” he asked. She nodded, her warm eyes examining him, wondering why he looked so incredibly tired and miserable. She felt as if he was in worse shape than she had been at Tokyo University.
“Dad's in the hospital, he has cancer. Lung cancer. They won't tell me how serious it is, but he's living at the hospital now and some of his friends came to run the tofu shop. I have to make the deliveries in the morning, go to work, and then come back and help at the shop. My boss gave me some time off because of everything, but it's still crazy. Now that dad's friend's wife is making the tofu, the shop is really busy and I have to work like crazy.” Takumi sighed, shifting into second, his foot slipping off the clutch too soon and jerking the car. Natsuki wasn't sure what scared her more, the story Takumi had told or the shift he had just messed up.

“Well that's good,” Natsuki said slowly, “because I was hoping I could find someplace to keep busy while I was here.”
“What do you mean?” Takumi asked.
“I've got a break from the university, so I wanted to come back here and hang out with my friends. If you could find someplace for me to stay at your house, I'd work the front counter for you. How does that sound?” she asked.
“It sounds good,” Takumi said, surprised. Natsuki wasn't the airhead she used to be. She was smarter now, more mature.
“Can I buy you lunch?” she asked, trying to cheer him up. He gave her a faint smile and turned the steering wheel, pointing the Impreza toward the local diner.

Ryosuke pulled to a stop and parked his FC outside the Fujiwara Tofu Shop. The place looked almost like a car lot, with all the vehicles parked outside. The panda Trueno was tucked away in the back of the alley, next to a small green kei car, and both looked like they hadn't been moved in a week.The red FC of his opponent was parked at the front of the alley, next to the blue Impreza of the greatest opponent he had ever encountered on the street. Shutting off the FC's engine he got out and stepped across the sidewalk into the tofu shop, the door jingling his entry in a cheery voice. A woman he didn't recognize smiled at him from the back and welcomed him in a cheerful tone, while a younger woman, a college student, smiled at him from the front counter.
“Irrasshaimase!” the young woman cried, looking at him pleasantly. Ryosuke felt himself falter, and he hung in the door for a few moments.
“Is... is Kichirou Tsubasa here?” he asked. “I saw his car outside.” The girl nodded and flitted to the back, almost running but not quite. Kichirou came to the counter soon after, and when he recognized his visitor his gloomy face brightened slightly.

“What's going on?” Ryosuke asked, feeling overwhelmed. Kichirou walked outside and Takahashi followed.
“Fujiwara Bunta has lung cancer, and although it's operable, the odds are decidedly not in his favor. As a kindness to an old friend and mentor, I've come with my wife to help run his shop. It's the least I could do after everything Bunta has done for me. The girl at the counter is a friend of Takumi's, here on break from university. Why have you come?” Kichirou asked, kneeling down and running his hand over the white FC's front tire.

“I... I...” Ryosuke stammered, his brain overwhelmed with all the news. Finally, he was able to shake his head clear and continue.
“I'm here to challenge you. That's why you came here in the first place, isn't it?” he asked. Kichirou nodded, tracing his finger down the FC's body until he came to the rear wheel, where he felt the spokes, judging their heat.
“But I don't want to have just one battle,” Ryosuke said. Kichirou stood up stiffly, rubbing his knees and patting the brake dust from his hands.
“No?” he asked.
“No. I want to challenge you in a way no one has ever raced before,” Ryosuke said, his spirits rising.
“Try me,” Kichirou responded.
“I want to race you on the downhill of every major course in Japan. Ibaraki, Saitama, Tochigi, Irohazaka, Akagi, and Akina,” Ryosuke said, falling silent with his challenge now delivered. Kichirou's eyes opened wide as he realized the implications of such an incredible battle.

“I will race you in Ibaraki, Saitama, Irohazak, Akagi, and Akina. I don't have the time for Tochigi, not while helping out at the tofu shop. But there needs to be some form of wager for this battle. What is your intent, Takahashi Ryosuke?” Kichirou asked.
“You're here in an effort to sign me up for your racing team, because you're going to have a child soon and want to move out of the car and into team management, isn't that correct?” Ryosuke asked, hoping the information his friends and spies had accumulated was accurate.
“I see I can't keep anything secret from you,” Kichirou responded drily.
“If you defeat me, I'll race for you. If I defeat you, you leave me alone,” Ryosuke said.
“If I defeat you, what's the point in signing you up to race for me? You'll have to do better than that, Takahashi. Not every race is on your terms, not every battle is stacked in your favor.”
“Fine. The winner of the final battle on Mt. Akina decides the matter,” Ryosuke said, watching his opponent's face.
“Alright, fine. Give me a few days to get things in order here, and then we can start. And Ryosuke,” he added as he began to walk back inside, “try running some more camber in the rear. It'll help you keep that oversteer from getting ugly.”
VTiRoj
Posted: Mar 29 2008, 04:13 PM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Oh my. Do I need new glasses or did I actually read what I think I just read? A battle over more than 1 course?! ohmy.gif

Kichirou is giving Ryousuke set up advice? Wow. laugh.gif

The next update, or updates, will be epic, no doubt.

Wanted: MOAR.

This post has been edited by VTiRoj on Mar 29 2008, 04:13 PM
thx712517
  Posted: Mar 29 2008, 05:16 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (VTiRoj @ Today at 4:13 PM)
Oh my. Do I need new glasses or did I actually read what I think I just read? A battle over more than 1 course?! ohmy.gif

Kichirou is giving Ryousuke set up advice? Wow. laugh.gif

The next update, or updates, will be epic, no doubt.

Wanted: MOAR.

1 - Yes, there may well indeed be battles across multiple courses. With a co-writer, I'm able to do things that would be impossible to do in a decent amount of time by myself.

2 - Yes, Kichirou is telling Ryosuke the white FC isn't dialed-in all the way.

3 - Major updates will resume during the week. There might be a small one Sunday, depending on how quickly RC7 can write his portion.

4 - MOAR EPICNESS SOON!
pnoytecknix
Posted: Mar 29 2008, 05:25 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 17,159

hes laid down the gauntlet... cant wait for the next updates! awesome job thx/rc7
Meteor
Posted: Mar 29 2008, 05:28 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

I honestly never expected Ryousuke to forget to give the rear wheels some negative camber.

Anyway. I'm happy to know that:
4 - MOAR EPICNESS SOON!

This post has been edited by Meteor on Mar 29 2008, 05:28 PM
thx712517
  Posted: Mar 29 2008, 05:41 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Meteor @ Today at 5:28 PM)
I honestly never expected Ryousuke to forget to give the rear wheels some negative camber.

Anyway. I'm happy to know that:

I might have to get into more detail on it later, but look at it this way. Kichirou has been driving his FC for a very long time now, longer than Ryosuke has been driving his. I'm kind of implying that Kichirou here knows more about what the car wants and what makes it perform, better than Ryosuke does. On the other hand, could it be a hint to Ryosuke on the only way to defeat Kichirou? Will the winner of the ultimate Five Circuit Attack be chosen by a crucial moment when oversteer results in the win?

STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT MORE!
DK_2
Posted: Mar 29 2008, 11:53 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

OMFG. So emotional. T_T. Takumi isn;t really taking this situation easy I feel bad for him. And Ryosuke... OMG. Just a quick question. Where was Tochigi again? Whhat was Pro. D against there?
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 01:17 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 4,713

How convenient shifty2.gif that there are five courses, which will obviously result in a 2 wins for each, and a final showdown on AKINA.

I predict Ryosuke will win on Akagi & Saitama.

This post has been edited by DrIfTeRX305 on Mar 30 2008, 01:18 AM
thx712517
  Posted: Mar 30 2008, 02:25 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

user posted image

There's the racecar! Did great on course today, tangled with a mis-classed Pontiac Solstice GXP (the turbo version) and whooped his ass bad even though I had a 120 HP disadvantage. Anyway, since I'm back from the races, once I collect my thoughts, you'll see RC7's portion up here. Good bit of writing from him.
VTiRoj
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 04:18 PM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

QUOTE (thx712517 @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM)
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q28/thx...21CSMarch30.jpg

There's the racecar! Did great on course today, tangled with a mis-classed Pontiac Solstice GXP (the turbo version) and whooped his ass bad even though I had a 120 HP disadvantage. Anyway, since I'm back from the races, once I collect my thoughts, you'll see RC7's portion up here. Good bit of writing from him.

Go thx! Well done on beating a car with 120 more bhp! happy.gif Your MX-5 looks sweet in that pic. biggrin.gif

19 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »