Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Za~Za - Love And Money

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 3,424  ·  Replies: 64 
> Anybody watch Neon Genesis Evangelion?
Instant-Noodlez
Posted: May 30 2004, 07:35 AM

Konnichiwa, sokono utsukushii joshikousei!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,441

cool anime i reckonz.
the endings were kinda weird.
shinji's a crybaby
MR_2
Posted: Jun 3 2004, 08:35 PM

Radeon Force

Group: Members
Member No.: 892

Yeah, but I heard it is related to Bible or something... unsure.gif
jinx626
Posted: Jun 4 2004, 07:31 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 581

Only true crazed fans look for any religious meaning in EVA...As the director who made it said he put crosses in because it "looked cool." The series was more about psychology than anything else. Personally I am mixed about the series i really can't say i hate it nor like it. And shinji that pansy...he comes 2nd in my most hated anime character character (1st goes to Takayuki from KGNE). Besides that i am enjoying the Evangelion Girlfriend of Steel Manga.....Looks like next chapter is gonna be action pack....

This post has been edited by jinx626 on Jun 4 2004, 07:36 PM
nk4e
Posted: Jun 5 2004, 09:08 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 1,601

in the EOE and the death and rebirth movie/series , it was based on SEX and religion that was said by the directors, etc.
spoiler:
and did you know that whole thing was a dream
pother_hk
  Posted: Jun 5 2004, 06:46 PM

noobking!!

Member No.: 1,214

QUOTE (nk4e @ Jun 5 2004, 09:08 AM)
in the EOE and the death and rebirth movie/series , it was based on SEX and religion that was said by the directors, etc.
spoiler:
and did you know that whole thing was a dream

a dream??? so the EVA that got eaten was also a dream.. now it's hard to understand....
killerenergy
Posted: Jun 5 2004, 07:17 PM

Hi!

Member No.: 152

QUOTE (jinx626 @ Jun 4 2004, 07:31 PM)
Only true crazed fans look for any religious meaning in EVA...As the director who made it said he put crosses in because it "looked cool." The series was more about psychology than anything else. Personally I am mixed about the series i really can't say i hate it nor like it. And shinji that pansy...he comes 2nd in my most hated anime character character (1st goes to Takayuki from KGNE). Besides that i am enjoying the Evangelion Girlfriend of Steel Manga.....Looks like next chapter is gonna be action pack....

well the author also give more then enough evidence for relious meanings. Adam Eve, the spear that killed jesus, angels, crosses, ect. I really don't care much but it is there.
jinx626
Posted: Jun 5 2004, 09:33 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 581

QUOTE (killerenergy @ Jun 5 2004, 07:17 PM)
well the author also give more then enough evidence for relious meanings. Adam Eve, the spear that killed jesus, angels, crosses, ect. I really don't care much but it is there.

You are correct that there are plenty of religious symbols but having any sort of deep profound religious meaning/message is something else (it might have superficial meaning/message at best). Remember that a majority of ppl in Japan follow the Shinto religion and Gainax used the religious symbols of a different culture to create suspense and mystery for a Japanese audience that were largely ignorant of many of the meanings of these symbols. Gainax was quite surprised that EVA did so well outside of Japan
MR_2
Posted: Jun 30 2004, 09:23 PM

Radeon Force

I just got NGE's original sound track, my gurlfriend burned it for me ermm2.gif
It is good, I like it. Most of the part is piano though. happy.gif I like it's quiet Piano music, it sooths me when I'm doing homework...sounds nerdy smile.gif
AJS13
Posted: Jun 30 2004, 10:39 PM

S13 Silvia K's

Member No.: 1,134

NGE was the reason I listen to a few classical songs.
haspieuw
Posted: Jul 1 2004, 01:03 AM

IDW Lurker

Member No.: 2,006

I have tried many times to watch the anime but anytime when it comes to dirty scenes (you know what i mean those scenes wit a lot of blood), I usually get a some nightmares for 2 weeks

Even now I look at the pics of EVAs , I still have some bad nights.

Also the mangas....I didnt bought but I watch it mangashop and again those bad nights

so no more Evangelion for me...

MR_2
Posted: Jul 1 2004, 11:20 AM

Radeon Force

Hmmm...well to me when I look at EVAs, I thought it was just an art. I don't really look at the violent side of it, though some of the scenes are kinda weird like when EVA 01 ate one of the angel. blood around its face and hands. unsure.gif
Initial D
Posted: Jul 2 2004, 03:46 AM

Tomo's Pupil

Member No.: 2,013

Then when Asuka's Eva is pierced in the head with the fake Lance, they show her pulling on the controls, but if you look closely you can see blood poor out of her left eye socket.

That happens because the Eva's are Biological robots which are connected to the pilots in teh entry plug. So literally, if the Eva dies, so would the pilot. So thats y Asuka had blood coming out of her eye.

I still don't get the ending of the Movie though, where Shinji is choking Asuka and then begins crying and stops.

before we know y he was choking her, here is wut happens before so u know why he was choking her.

NERV wanted instrumentality which only Shinji could choose. Instrumentality is when everyone is connected, no pain, no fear, only peace. So NERV wanted all that to happen. But shinji didn't want to be connected because he was very solitude and doesn't liking being with other ppl and sharing ideas. So NERV made all his "friends"die (like Rei, Asuka, Misato when the NERV guys came in). So then in the movie, he chose instrumentality becasue after seeing Asuka's robotbeing torn to peice he chose instrumentality. But since he lost all his friends he finally thought he could have solitude because everyone would be in the red pool iin the middle whcih is LCL, the same thing from their entry plugs. But shinji would be the only person out of it making him happy with solitude. But then Asuka showed up, and then his dream of soitude was gone so he started choking her. In the end he stopped because that was his only friend left.

And shinji that pansy

He is a pansy because that is his character trait. You can't say he is the second most hated anime character in your list. He was made that way becayse he couldn't make choices on his own after his mom "died" and his dad "abandoned" him. Not to mention all his friends died after that.

This was one of my first anime i watched and i still watch it because i am still trying ot undserstand every part of it with my friend who has helped me a lot. The graphics were pretty good and i loved the story line. And it is related to the bible.

This post has been edited by Initial D on Jul 2 2004, 03:49 AM
haspieuw
Posted: Jul 2 2004, 04:26 AM

IDW Lurker

but why all those horrible flesh eating scene with massive blood and human eyes ?

damn that really freaks ....
Initial D
Posted: Jul 2 2004, 04:56 AM

Tomo's Pupil

but why all those horrible flesh eating scene with massive blood and human eyes ?

The first one, when the Eva 1 rips apart the 03. Touji was piloting the 03 when it suddenlty turned to an Angel (It turned to the angel because when the 03 was being transported to Japan, it went thru a storm cloud which was the angel. And the angel which was in the Eva was called, Bardiel, the angel of hail which got it's name from the storm clouds.. Since Shinji didn't want to fight the Eva which had hi friend in it. Gendou activated the Dummy Plug which is a Rei Clone. Rei is evil and wants to kill and so the Dummy Plug just tore the 03 to pieces.

And when the 01 eats the Angel, Zeruel. He ate him because he wanted to get the S2 Core. The S2 core made the bindings come off the Eva (the bindings control the power level of the Eva, so without it it had unlimited power and didn't need the plug that gave it the power).

Also, the mass production eva's (the white flying ones with the fake lance), they ate the 02 Eva to prevent the 02 from regenerating.

And the human eye. in the first or second episode when Sachiel attacked (the jackhammer arm guy), it smashed into the 01 eye casing then the 01 went berserk. after killing sachiel, the helmet fell off. then three small holes appear around the main iris, and shinji freaks out and screams that is when the green eye pops out. Also when the bindings came off, you could see the full green eye. You only see one eye because the Sachiel only used the jack hammer on one eye.
haspieuw
Posted: Jul 2 2004, 05:05 AM

IDW Lurker

to be honest I havent seen the anime

but only some screenshots .......
Initial D
Posted: Jul 2 2004, 06:36 AM

Tomo's Pupil

Ah ok.. But at least u know what happens now in NGE with all those gruesome shots.
MR_2
Posted: Jul 2 2004, 07:19 AM

Radeon Force

hahaha! then go check it out or something...ever been in to the offical NGE's website? unsure.gif

Blood scene, about that they made it come out from my point of view is that they're angels. Anyone know why they have bloods?
Initial D
Posted: Jul 2 2004, 07:24 AM

Tomo's Pupil

Which official NGE site? I know the one from Gainax(the creators of NGE) which is here. (look for "works", then "Evangelion".

And what you mean.. "Blood scene, about that they made it come out from my point of view is that they're angels. Anyone know why they have bloods? "

They have blood because they bleed?

This post has been edited by Initial D on Jul 2 2004, 07:24 AM
4g63T
Posted: Jul 2 2004, 09:30 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 413

some concept art pics of the upcoming live action eva movieHere

This post has been edited by 4g63T on Jul 2 2004, 09:31 AM
haspieuw
Posted: Jul 2 2004, 10:26 AM

IDW Lurker

damn no good for my eyes.....

I am gonna have some nightmares for sure...
MR_2
Posted: Jul 2 2004, 01:15 PM

Radeon Force

Sometime people could think they're just robots who fights...if u don't really look or read it carefully.
haspieuw
Posted: Jul 3 2004, 02:39 AM

IDW Lurker

Sometime people could think they're just robots who fights...if u don't really look or read it carefully.

You can say that about Gundam but this ....
Initial D
Posted: Jul 3 2004, 05:20 AM

Tomo's Pupil

You can say that about Gundam but this ....

You could say this is like "robots" fighting, but is like worse then a vague description. And ya, this ain't like Gundam or Patlabor. This has a much more descriptive plot then most animes. But yes,, if you want to be very very vague, then it is a bunch of "biological" robots and "angels" fighting.
sil-80
Posted: Oct 28 2004, 01:14 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,809

Yo check and remark wat u think shifty2.gif
Jin
Posted: Oct 28 2004, 02:26 PM

学校の乗組員

Member No.: 1,896

...right....