Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Vicky Vale - Dancing

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 3,421  ·  Replies: 64 
> Anybody watch Neon Genesis Evangelion?
pother_hk
  Posted: Mar 17 2004, 10:07 PM

noobking!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,214

title self explanatory
karasac
Posted: Mar 17 2004, 11:01 PM

Rotary Disciple

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11

yes

what "matrix" did for movies, "eva" did for anime
Indecisive
Posted: Mar 17 2004, 11:27 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

was aight..then it got really weird...

iono...not my favourite..but it wasn't horrible either.
SlickDizzy
Posted: Mar 18 2004, 09:59 AM

The massive badger of the salad planet

Member No.: 989

I love it. All the characters are so "real", they have issues, problems, etc. I'm currently watching it my second time through. I love the action combined with drama and bursts of comedy.
Spongebob666
Posted: Mar 18 2004, 01:25 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 1,196

Eva was alright. Set a good base for anime.
monkeydance
Posted: Mar 18 2004, 02:27 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 1,424

eva was cool but the last two dvds i was lik alright what is going on here but overall it was a really good anime. Did you ever watch the movie that came out to be the very end?
SlickDizzy
Posted: Mar 18 2004, 03:53 PM

The massive badger of the salad planet

Member No.: 989

QUOTE (monkeydance @ Mar 18 2004, 02:25 PM)
eva was cool but the last two dvds i was lik alright what is going on here but overall it was a really good anime. Did you ever watch the movie that came out to be the very end?

The movies pretty much made the series lose all sense. Though, they did provide a slightly better closure to the series.

The final movie was great, but it had a sad, ambiguous ending...I hate sad, ambiguous endings
crying2.gif
pother_hk
  Posted: Mar 18 2004, 08:10 PM

noobking!!

Member No.: 1,214

well, I watched the first half of the " The End of Evangelion" and that part where Asuka and her EVA was attacked by the 12 EVA series... and she destroys them and then somehow that Lance came straight at her and stabbed the Eva in the face.. and the gross part came when the EVA Series starting to eating up the EVA02... man.. and I dont understand why they were making the EVA Series and stuff.. I got real confused
killerenergy
Posted: Mar 19 2004, 01:32 PM

Hi!

Member No.: 152

I would say any real anime fan should watch that.
VRr1FD
Posted: Apr 7 2004, 01:58 AM

you never had me. you never had your car.

Member No.: 1,120

i'd say skip it. it's not worth the hype. however if you like watching a bunch of 14 year olds B*tch and try to save the world (something that was played out BEFORE evangelion) you might be able to stomach it.

i like a solid story, not one where i have to fill everything in. i also don't get my philosophical introspection from anime either so i had no appetite for most of what is served in evangelion.
Demon
Posted: Apr 9 2004, 04:45 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 1,495

smile.gif Evangaleon wasnt too bad... it was pretty cool how the city can fully sink underground when a angel would come. fear2.gif then its battle time!. but when i saw the last episode i fell asleep man... not a good ending at all. dry.gif
bao
Posted: Apr 9 2004, 07:06 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 1,375

they used to have it on public television in my area. the stopped for some reason, probably because people stopped donating money.
Solid Snake
Posted: Apr 9 2004, 07:32 PM

A Legend in my Own Mind

Member No.: 599

The movie was sick. The part where Misato is dying and then the floor she is on explodes is dope because if your DVD is pimp and you can play things frame by frame, you can see Misato blow apart in two pieces. Then when Asuka's Eva is pierced in the head with the fake Lance, they show her pulling on the controls, but if you look closely you can see blood poor out of her left eye socket.
That series does start out pretty cool, but then all the characters begin to have mental break-downs and by the end of the series they are all crazed in the head. I still don't get the ending of the Movie though, where Shinji is choking Asuka and then begins crying and stops. I saw a fan sub version that when Asuaka says something it says "I feel sick." In the North American release it says "disgusting". I don't know which one is more correct. I noticed in the last scene that she is bandaged up just like Rei was in the first episode and has Misato's eye color. I think and it seems to be a popular belief that Misato, Asuka and Rei were combined into one person, Asuka.
Someone told me that she was pregnant, but I didn't believe it, and that Shinji and her are going to restart the human race like an Adam and Eve thing, but I don't believe that either. I remember Rei saying that if the other humans can imagine their form and want to return that they would regain their AT field and become human again, or else they would stay in that sea of LC-whatever fluid until then.
I also noticed that the scene with Gendo, Rei and Dr. Akagi where Gendo says something but it's silenced out, in the fan subbed version there was the word "no" displayed next to his head as I guess his answer to Dr. Akagi's question, but in the US release it doesn't show anything. I don't know if it was in the original movie, but it didn't look like a normal sub-title but like it was a layer in the film and it was original.
Sorry for the long winded post, but those are some questions I still had, but everything else made sense. I've watched the series a dozen times along with the movie and Death/Rebirth.

EDIT: they used to have it on a PBS station where I live too. Rahxephon is similar to Eva, but then goes on it's own twist, you'd probably like that anime just as much as Eva or more so.

This post has been edited by Solid Snake on Apr 9 2004, 07:34 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
nk4e
Posted: Apr 28 2004, 07:53 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 1,601

NGE was real confusing if u didn't watch the whole thing, its one of the best anime today and i want to see the live action of it and the second season grin2.gif
BoXs
Posted: May 5 2004, 04:12 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 1,769

I believe that it is suppose ta end with like Asuka and Shinji being adam n eve cus they got the idea from the bible .... if u dont really understand ... maybe u should read the bible ... cus thats where thoes ppl got their ideas ....
KeNgai_rcrZero
Posted: May 6 2004, 07:09 AM

Reigning and Defending

Member No.: 625

I guess I have to go out and buy this too!
Kamui
Posted: May 8 2004, 11:08 PM

Abba Zaba, you my only friend!

Member No.: 469

evangelion sucks ... i just like the soundtracks .. it cannot compare to rahxephon
plus the ending was weak becuase the creator was in prison for tax evasion so they ruined the series at the end thats what lost my interest.

This post has been edited by kamui on May 8 2004, 11:09 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
nk4e
Posted: May 25 2004, 10:58 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 1,601

NGE movie or the whole series was based on greek mythology( i think) or was it sex and religion( they said that in the commentary
MR_2
Posted: May 28 2004, 06:14 PM

Radeon Force

Member No.: 892

I like that animate, although it is a bit of weird. Probably most of the people say it sucks because it is long, and bored. It took me nearly 3 hours to finish it the whole 26 episodes.

The part I remember the most is when the angel eats other angel and take the parts in and grow out. fear2.gif Scary it is.

After eating angel

By the way, does anyone know what's the theme called? I forgot to write it down... whistling.gif

This post has been edited by MR_2 on May 28 2004, 08:28 PM
killerenergy
Posted: May 29 2004, 07:17 AM

Hi!

theme? what do you mean?
MR_2
Posted: May 29 2004, 10:30 AM

Radeon Force

I mean the opening theme song, the song where they sing when a show start?
babba-r32
Posted: May 29 2004, 10:55 AM

Miata Drifter and DGTrials Ambassador

Member No.: 1,671

plus the ending was weak becuase the creator was in prison for tax evasion so they ruined the series at the end thats what lost my interest.

I was told that the creator was when psycho and killed himself, that is why the series is so F**kED UP
killerenergy
Posted: May 29 2004, 11:10 AM

Hi!

QUOTE (MR_2 @ May 29 2004, 10:30 AM)
I mean the opening theme song, the song where they sing when a show start?

the song title is crual angel thesis.
MR_2
Posted: May 29 2004, 11:57 AM

Radeon Force

Thanks killer, because I need it to find the lyrics to understand what it means. YES i am that bored... dry.gif

The creator must used the other side of his mind to creat this....you won't know much until you finish with the series....because it jumps alot and its getting more confused at the end of the series. Like where to episode 20.
killerenergy
Posted: May 29 2004, 06:40 PM

Hi!

I AM A KILLER AHAHAHAHAHA!
oh sorry, bloodlust. Animelyrics.com or somthing

3 Pages  1 2 3