Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Ace - Drivin' Crazy

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 20,150  ·  Replies: 166 
> Anime and Manga Recommendations Thread, *See Title*
ChaosAngel
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 01:29 AM

IDW Spartan #6

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 22,883

LOL LOL my bad hahaha u can tell i obviously dont watch a lot of anime.... hehe, giant robot, giant machines wats the diff? robots are machines after all xD
haspieuw
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 03:03 AM

IDW Lurker

Member No.: 2,006

QUOTE (ChaosAngel @ Today at 1:29 AM)
LOL LOL my bad hahaha u can tell i obviously dont watch a lot of anime.... hehe, giant robot, giant machines wats the diff? robots are machines after all xD

bwah some are super robot some are real robots or some are biomechanical
you get the idea there
xiao
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 07:04 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (ChaosAngel @ Today at 2:29 AM)

I'd say Eva is in a subset of its own. Borrowing on multiple occasions from both the Super Robot and Mecha styles alike. We are talking about Gainax here. They don't exactly play by the rules, yet still come up top with some of the best shows their side of Koganei. More importantly, Japanese otaku don't really pay heed to categorization all too much, that is, look at Eva 01 on the SRW games.

--

On topic. I would like to recommend Aria the Natural. The best way I can describe it is as a slice of life show set in Neo Venezia, a city in Mars, now called Aqua. The story is... very much nonexistent. But does it matter? Not at all, the show is highly relaxing and atmospheric, like watching the sun set from the rooftop of a skyscraper near the ocean. I guess you can say it's the adventures of our lead Akari and her friends, but that still won't convey the mood you get watching Aria. If you liked Megami Sama, this'll be right up that alley. I leave you with a gorgeous pic of the manga.

user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
awdrifter
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 01:32 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 15,255

Wow, that does look good. How's the music in the series? If it's also good, I'm going to give it a try.
Mitsubooshi
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 02:24 PM

The Boss.

Member No.: 23,002

Forget about anime, read manga. I find that manga lends itself better to comedic timing and style, whereas anime almost always has to compromise the two. My current favorite is Hajime No Ippo.

user posted image

user posted image

It's about a high school student named Makunouchi Ippo, who gets bullied a lot because of his shy temperament...until he becomes reborn as a boxer. It follows his exploits and his trials in the world of professional boxing, as well as the people that he meets along the way. It's one of my favorites because it's so character-driven; you can feel genuine empathy for the characters and clearly see the effect of each new experience on them, even if you don't follow or enjoy boxing...so even though it has over 78 volumes, at no point did it feel like just Dragonball Z in a boxing ring. Ignition-One is scanlating it currently, so pick up a volume or two and see if you like it. Peace.
xiao
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 03:50 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (awdrifter @ Today at 2:32 PM)
Wow, that does look good. How's the music in the series? If it's also good, I'm going to give it a try.

Ephemeral and calm, like a morning kiss.

Head over to Nipponsei's site/channel to find the OST =)
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
awdrifter
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 11:45 PM

IDW Goldmember

Cool, thanks.

20 characters filler

This post has been edited by awdrifter on Jan 29 2007, 11:45 PM
junetrish024
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 01:44 AM

The 5a.m.-coffee-drinking- Evo.IV-driver

Member No.: 20,298

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha would be right up your alley. At first glance, it's your average Magical Girl series. Little girl finds mystical being, mystical being grants her magic powers, she fights demons. Yay. But then you realize that none of the characters are safe. Anyone could be killed, anyone could be hurt, anyone can be scarred for life. And that girl you're sure is the bad guy in all this? Wait until you find out her story... All-in-all, it's a much more dark, dramatic series. And the sequel, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's, doesn't drop the ball--it dips straight into the action from the get-go.

Raging Heart Excelion mode anyone? I like Nanoha A's as well and I am looking forward for the Striker S.

Other animes in my bag are

- Divergence Eve - haven't started yet.
user posted image
- Maburaho - three girls wants one guys genes... happy.gif
user posted image
- Disgaea - Have to watch it too...
user posted image
- Mamotte Shugotten - I'll watch it as well soon...
user posted image
- Tsubasa Chronicles - love it
user posted image
- Tsukuyomi Moon Phase - I love it and am missing Hazuki-chan... Too bad I have to look for episode 26. T_T
user posted image

This post has been edited by junetrish024 on Jan 30 2007, 01:56 AM
ChaosAngel
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 02:25 AM

IDW Spartan #6

Maburaho is pretty good, its funny, bit sad too just like mahou senei negima
awdrifter
Posted: Jan 31 2007, 02:47 AM

IDW Goldmember

Just watched Aria ep.1, it's not bad. The artwork and music are really good, and it's only 13 eps, so they can probably keep it interesting, even though it's just about their daily live.
junetrish024
Posted: Jan 31 2007, 10:35 PM

Loved the story of Mamotte Shugogetten. Currently looking for the OAV DVD of Denshin Mamotte Shugogetten. I have to secretly laugh(laugh without noise) last night as I finished the whole series. 22 episodes in all and it was done just by last night. I slept at about 4am so i was quite sloppy today but still managed to watch the 5 episodes of the OAV.
ChaosAngel
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 07:19 PM

IDW Spartan #6

anyone know where to dl onegai sensei n onegai twins???
awdrifter
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 10:31 PM

IDW Goldmember

If you can use BT you can dl the torrent here.
http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=onegai+twins
http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=onegai+teacher
They have complete series torrents.
ChaosAngel
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 11:17 PM

IDW Spartan #6

woot thanx theres a 2gb one n a 1gb one for onegai twins......im dlin the 2gb.....hope its right.........a4e is best?? n for onegai sensei.......shockers??
awdrifter
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 11:31 PM

IDW Goldmember

A4E's quality should be pretty good.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Feb 2 2007, 04:12 AM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

Speaking of which, how is Onegai Sensei and Onegai Twins? Any good or recommendable at least? =/

But yea currently just started on Nanoha and Code Geass BTW, and so far so good wink2.gif
junetrish024
Posted: Feb 2 2007, 06:14 AM

If you want, take Onegai Sensei first then Onegai Twins. Having watched both, they share some fair comedy. Especially Onegai Twins wherein after some serious scenes, the charaqcters suddely make some goof off... Quite fun.

Maid in Hanaukyo is another title I recommend. Funny series I can say.
ChaosAngel
Posted: Feb 2 2007, 03:10 PM

IDW Spartan #6

isnt onegai senei the first series n onegai twins the second??
junetrish024
Posted: Feb 2 2007, 11:09 PM

That's correct. That's why in norder to understand the whole One-verse, you have to watch and finish Onegai Sensei's 13 episodes first before you take on the 13 episodes of Onegai Twins... happy.gif

Hanaukyo Maids Tai... Funny. I love it.
BOZZ
Posted: Feb 4 2007, 11:45 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (junetrish024 @ Feb 3 2007, 02:09 AM)
That's correct. That's why in norder to understand the whole One-verse, you have to watch and finish Onegai Sensei's 13 episodes first before you take on the 13 episodes of Onegai Twins... happy.gif

Hanaukyo Maids Tai... Funny. I love it.

Onegai Sensei's 13th episode is kind of a bit pointless and over the top in terms of fan-service, but if it's not your thing, you can skip it, it's just an extra.
junetrish024
Posted: Feb 8 2007, 06:10 PM

Watched Amaenaideyo! And I loved it.
BOZZ
Posted: Feb 8 2007, 06:41 PM

There is a sequel to it, but I don't think it was totally fansubbed, called Amaenaidayo! Katsu.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 8 2007, 06:45 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (I am the BOZZ @ Feb 5 2007, 02:45 AM)
Onegai Sensei's 13th episode is kind of a bit pointless and over the top in terms of fan-service, but if it's not your thing, you can skip it, it's just an extra.

Both Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins have an "extra" 13th episode, which is an OVA, which is blatant fanservice.

Having seen both series (and having seen Twins first... heh), I actually enjoyed Twins much more. Some things don't make any sense unless you've seen Teacher, but Twins was a much better series in my opinion.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Feb 8 2007, 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today at 9:45 PM)
Both Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins have an "extra" 13th episode, which is an OVA, which is blatant fanservice.

Having seen both series (and having seen Twins first... heh), I actually enjoyed Twins much more. Some things don't make any sense unless you've seen Teacher, but Twins was a much better series in my opinion.

Heh, I will agree with you on Onegai Teacher's one being a bit over the top in terms of the fan service, but Onegai Twins... wasn't as bad (I am referring to episode 13).
LANSD
Posted: Feb 9 2007, 02:51 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,066

Patlabor, one of my favorites ever. It's probably one of the most underrated anime series ever. Most all of the fanpages when you do a google search were last updated in like 1997 or so.

Anyway, it's about how in the future of 1997, mechas are used for like construction and stuff, the mechas are like 20-30 feet tall, and are very utilitarian looking. Well since it's a big mecha, you can do lots of stuff with them, including crime, thus Patlabor, or Patrol Labor.

It's about the Special Vehicles Unit 2. They're all a little bit nutty in their own little ways, but are good characters.

I love this show, it was made in like 1989. It has no angsty teenagers, or overly spikey hair, or anything like that.

It's very funny, while some episodes are about them fighting Labor crime, much of them just involve the characters getting drunk or something similar. It has a lot of very good action, but is also very funny.

I reccomend it, it is one of my favorite animes of all time.

7 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »