Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing grim

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

430 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 703,994  ·  Replies: 10,737 
> What Car Do You Have?, Pictures, Details, and Bread and Milk
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Sep 26 2004, 06:06 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

I specifically dont have a car - but my pops has a dying Dodge Neon family, guzzling gas and leaking oil like mad into our driveway and my unc (who lives with us and is only 7 years older than me) has a white automatic DA6 (cookie for the person who can guess what that chassis code stands for) - which becomes my car when he is out of the country on biz trips.

Plans have been made for me to get a 98-01 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS. Serious consideration has been made with factors such as fuel economy, stability in the snow, and reliability.

This post has been edited by WRX DEMON on Sep 26 2004, 06:07 PM
RakeRon
Posted: Sep 26 2004, 06:36 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,887

I'd drop the 2.5RS for the WRX (even if its not an STi). Besides.. instability in snow is teh fun! tongue.gif
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Sep 26 2004, 06:43 PM

I've already saved up a bit for the 2.5RS about 9K Canadian. I've seen some on sale for as low as 14K Canadian, so im getting close. For a WRX, i'd have to save up for a couple more years.

I'd probably wait a couple more years, but frankly, im sick and tired of being another human cargo on the bus.

This post has been edited by WRX DEMON on Sep 26 2004, 06:45 PM
RakeRon
Posted: Sep 26 2004, 06:47 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 2,887

Its called financing. If you are on better terms with your folks then me get one of them to cosign for the difference you need. Get a used WRX, may not be as good as a STi but it has a good aftermarket.
Alex
Posted: Sep 26 2004, 06:50 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

1989 Pontiac Bonneville.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Sep 26 2004, 06:51 PM

Interesting... I'll remember that. But the GC models really appeal to me more than both the GD models.

SaruraS
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 09:31 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,356

93 accord thats sittin in my driveway at home while im studying here at college.
pics ect can be seen here.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/439134/
enjoy
-Eric
RYCEBOY_124
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 11:07 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 3,425

WoW...a lot of you paid a lot for your corolla's...i got mines for $900...

MODS for my 1985 Corolla GTS include:

15 inch Advan Oni's (front +12 offset, rear +2 Offset)
Yokohama DNA Grand Prix Rubber
KOYO Aluminum Radiator
TRD Metal Headgasket
Denso Iridium Plugs
Nology HotWires
Blitz TT Realize Catback Exhaust
HKS Air Filter
Greddy Alumnum Radiator Pipe
HKS Oil Cap
HKS Radiator Cap
Carbon Fiber JIC Front Srtut bar
Jubiride Front Tri-bar
Rear Carbon Fiber Strut bar
Cusco rear tribar
Cusco front coilover sleeves w/TRD springs
Eibach Rear springs (TRD on the way)
Tein Pillowball mounts/Camber plates
Tokico Shocks
Momo Steering Wheel
Quick release Hub
Razo Shift Knob
Razo Pedals
Sparco Torino Seat w/ 4 point Sparco Harnesses
Front and Rear JDM Kouki Bumpers
JDM Kouki Redline Tail lights
Drop Vent Carbon Fiber Hood
JDM Toyota Side skirts
Carbon Fiber Rear Jblood Style fins
Carbon Fiber Zenki Style Front lip
Goodridge Stainless Steel Brakelines
Slotted Rotors
Omori Oil filter Relocation kit
and more to come...

These cars are not cheap to build up...parts cost more than Honda parts and are hard to find too...I'm not even half way done yet...planning to go Turbo in the near future... grin2.gif

Also have a 1997 4dr accord...MODS include:

Tanabe Springs
Apexi WS Catback Exhaust
Carbon Fiber intake
Mugen Style wing
Mugen style grill
Wings West W kit
CF dash kit
JDM headlights
18 inch 3 piece Racing Hart Tracers
another set of 18 inch 3 piece Racing Hart C5's
JDM Honda Window Visors

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
sideways
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 11:15 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

I recognize that 86 from somewhere but from the list you included VERY nice. if i can ask when did u get it for 900 bucks, and what was the condition of it then?
RYCEBOY_124
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 11:26 PM

IDW Member

ran great for sitting in a Jyard for almost a year...a navy guy owned it and had to leave overseas so he sold it to the jyard...i found it there when looking for a 4ag for the coupe i had @ the time (which i sold). car passed smog w/flying colors first time around...all it really needs is a paint job...a bit faded w/oxidation w/minor rust spots...rear seats are a bit tore up (top vinyl section...no big deal.) Front seat had a hole so i replaced w/Sparco seat...it even has a sunroof...fully functional too! Got this hatchback almost 2 years ago...BONE STOCK!
RYCEBOY_124
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 11:31 PM

IDW Member

the picture is from about 4-5 months ago...it has a couple of things added to it since then...sides, CF fins, lip, coilovers, etc...i love this car! its so fun to work on and get sideways...believe it or not, my neighbors have 4 corolla's...all GTS w/LSD...mines has a stock lsd as well...
Indecisive
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 11:32 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

ah...you got it 2 years ago. before the drifting thing got insanely popular. that makes sense.
RYCEBOY_124
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 11:41 PM

IDW Member

not really...initial D was pretty big back then and peeps were picking them up a lot because of the anime...i would find a few between $1200-2300...too much for me at the time...still is a lot even now...my first i bought for $700...not running...pretty much just a chasis...thats why i as looking for a motor where i found my current hatchback...i sold the coupe for $800 and the guy even towed it up to San Bernadino...now D1 came along and doubled prices...sometimes triple...
sideways
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 11:42 PM

Agreed: supply and demand man.. but on the otherside it was from a junkyard i dont think theyd be in on the fad.

But somethign ot note though: thats above blue book either way, even for 2 years ago. blue book is like 700 on our cars laugh.gif
__

In reality i need about 7-800 bucks for my 86 to be a happy looking car and have everythign thats broken replaced.

By the time im done, if i ever finish of course, ill have about 11 grand into it.
RYCEBOY_124
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 11:45 PM

IDW Member

i actually found a red coupe gts for 1200...but im in no hurry to buy it unless the owner drops the price a few hundred bucks...my friend found a guy selling his GTS hatch for $700...that was a month or 2 ago...very very clean condition too!!!
RYCEBOY_124
Posted: Sep 28 2004, 11:59 PM

IDW Member

yeah...i guess but the jyard owner knew what i was...he wanted $1200...i offered $900 cash...he took it...he was pretty knowledgable about the car...he knew it was RWD, LSD, DOHC fuel injected, etc...He was selling the 4ag bluetop for like $500 bucks...then i saw the hatch in the back stall...overall...i think it was a great deal...thing ran strong...still does too!!!

yeah...people think these cars are cheap...NO! it takes a lot of time, patience, reasearch and a whole lotta money to get these cars looking the way they should!!! I've put in about 10K so far and i still dont think im close to done yet...i guess its decent enough for now...
sideways
Posted: Sep 29 2004, 12:42 AM

Wow, ill be putting about 11 grand into mine; its nice knowing who i know i guess.

That will get me my custom paint job, rims, redone interior, fixed problems, cf hood, custom racing seat, coilover suspension on adjustable shocks (not just sleeves like you found) and a pretty rebuilt silvertop.

Being able to do most of the work your self, or knowing people who can/will for you is great. That seat for example is custom built to me specification fors around 150 bucks.. not comfortable AT ALL.. but theyve got little "pillows" to help with that. I could get into my full planned mod list but thatd span for awhile lol.
___

All and all a clean 86 inside and out with minimal problems is going to run you around 3-4 grand at most. A lot for these cars i guess but still "cheap" compared to your other options if autox or drifting is your choice.
R34 Ma$tA
Posted: Sep 29 2004, 01:07 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 3,040

i plan to get either a 1985-91 rx-7 TurboII or a trueno 86 or a "fairlady z"
sideways
Posted: Sep 29 2004, 02:43 PM

86-91? i thin kthe 85 was the last of the Fbs, unless thats what you meant..

Well 2 of those seem pretty practical at least wink2.gif
SaruraS
Posted: Sep 30 2004, 01:40 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 3,356

this topic is getting to be way off topic.. its what you got, not what your gonna get.
Iceman
Posted: Oct 3 2004, 03:42 PM

IDW Banned Member

Member No.: 2,488

Got a 1988 Porsche 944 today. 5 speed with 118k miles. Its burgundy. Anyway, bread and milk is coming soon. As soon as I'm not lazy!
sideways
Posted: Oct 3 2004, 04:50 PM

How much? Damn nice car wink2.gif
Iceman
Posted: Oct 3 2004, 06:31 PM

IDW Banned Member

Guy wanted $4750, we offered $4000 since it needed minor work (about $400 I'd say), he offered $4250, we talked a bit, then we settled at $4175, shelled out the money, turned out we didn't have a $5 so we gave him $4180, and he gave us the last $20 back, bringing it to $4160. Yeah the highlight of my afternoon was driving it back to my apartment (a route that lead me straight through Dallas and took me an hour), and it was made more difficult by the fact that the last (and first) time I had driven a manual was 2 years ago for an hour. I made it though! Yeah, its a great car... been wanting one since I got my license two and a half years ago.
Kinda freaky actually having it after such a long wait and so many failed attempts to buy one. happy.gif But I'm not complaining, just bubbling. I'll shut up now.
edit: after reading back in this thread a little, I'm glad its not trendy yet. Y'all need to be my witnesses if the trend hits.

This post has been edited by Fritobandito on Oct 3 2004, 06:42 PM
sideways
Posted: Oct 3 2004, 09:24 PM

I dont think it will be. Peformance wise theyre about even with the Fc, and the fc is a bit more "practical" to most i guess. When you get to "open her up" you gotta tell us about it wink2.gif. And if you get it sideways; u gotta share that too
Iceman
Posted: Oct 4 2004, 06:08 AM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (sidewaysgts @ Oct 3 2004, 09:24 PM)
I dont think it will be. Peformance wise theyre about even with the Fc, and the fc is a bit more "practical" to most i guess. When you get to "open her up" you gotta tell us about it wink2.gif. And if you get it sideways; u gotta share that too

Yeah, kinda hard to "open her up" when you have as little experience with a manual as I do and with your dad in the car... I'll get around to it, though. About getting it sideways... sweatingbullets.gif mebbe some day. Oh yeah did GT3turbocharged9 ever get his 951?... and while I'm on it, I really hate Britney Spears now. She crashes a 944 (I think, maybe a 928) into a swimming pool in her new video.

430 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »