Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing natsu no initial (Instrument)

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,752  ·  Replies: 60 
> infiniti v35/g35, is it a new skyline?
|[ .tainted. ]|
  Posted: Jan 16 2003, 09:59 PM

IDforum OG member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 141

really? even the focus? i have a neighbour that's like a ford fanatic...
3 or 4 focus i think and one old mustang...
Sugoi Kuruma
Posted: Jan 17 2003, 06:11 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 168

QUOTE (|[ .tainted. ]| @ Jan 16 2003, 03:40 PM)
but w/o them, the rx7's won't be as great as it is now...
i give props to ford for that biggrin.gif

err what input have ford had in any rx7?!?!

and never give props to ford, give for drivers daggers and the finger
|[ .tainted. ]|
  Posted: Jan 17 2003, 02:48 PM

IDforum OG member

it was just said by eightsixdrifter9 that:
While im talking about Ford, I want to see if anyone else knew that the RX-7 FD3S was partly made by Ford. If you look at the back of a say 98 Ford Taurus, look at the tail lights, and how they cross the trunk.
Now look at the same area on a FD. Same thing. I couldnt believe it when i first learned Ford owned Jaguar, Volvo, Aston Martin, and part of Mazda, and so many things...i was really disapointed...Mazda and Ford?! Who would want that?!

and by Tai-Mai-Shu that:
Yeah I was pretty shocked to find ford and mazda together too.

Some of ford cars like the probe used mazda's parts to run.

Ford also helped with the production of the RX-7
Jayson
Posted: Jan 17 2003, 06:00 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 32

Probe=a wannabe RX-7 dry.gif
S15-guy
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 10:28 PM

dampachi!

Member No.: 177

the R35 is not actaully called the R35, its now V35, coz it no longer uses the RB series of engines, it uses a new one (forget the name) so they called it V instead. The standard version of the V35 is actually a 4 door sedan (non turbo) but the GTR version is 2-door coupe, and is supposed to be turbo, and has the cool tail lights.
Jayson
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 10:43 PM

So is it a Skyline?!?
S15-guy
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 10:50 PM

dampachi!

Member No.: 177

? i duno
|[ .tainted. ]|
  Posted: Jan 21 2003, 04:31 AM

IDforum OG member

yes it is. biggrin.gif
Jayson
Posted: Jan 21 2003, 10:50 AM

Ugly Skyline then sad.gif
Gearhead
Posted: Jan 30 2003, 03:32 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 211

Okay, I'll set you guys straight:

The Infiniti G35 sedan/Nissan V35 Skyline sedan, Infiniti G35 Coupe/JDM Nissan Skyline Coupe, Nissan Z33 350Z/JDM Nissan Z33 Fairlady Z and the upcoming R35 GT-R all use Nissan's new FM(Front Midship) platform.

Infiniti's FX35/45 SUVs use this platform as well. The reason I mention that is because the FX45 has a 315hp 4.5L V8(makes 345hp in the Q45/M45), along with a version of the Skyline's ATTESA awd system. It is now one of the fastest SUVs you can buy, even faster than the BMW X5. It is also rumored that the USDM GT-R will be available with that V8.

These cars all use a version of Nissan's VQ V6. The RB(and SR) were discontinued because of emissions reasons. They would not be able to meet Japan's new standards.

The new GT-R will likely still be called the R35. Why? Because Nissan's designations have nothing to do with their engines, only the chassis. For example, from 1989 and later, the Maxima/Cefiro has been called the A31, A32, A33. There was a variety of engines used(VG, VE, RB[in Japan], and the VQ), and they had no effect on the chassis designation.
Additionally, the last two Zs have been called the Z31 and the Z32. They both used variations of the VG engine. The new Z however, uses a VQ, but it is still called the Z33.
Lastly, Nissan has separated the Skyline and GT-R marques. It would make sense that the Skyline may have a different designation than the separate GT-R.

The "new" VQ engine is very nice. It will do a lot to improve the Skyline, and the GT-R. The VQ is lighter and smaller, which allows for a smaller engine bay(less chassis weight), and for better weight distribution. The GT-R will be a much better performer out of the box.
The VQ has a racing pedigree as well. It is used in a Southern European Formula series, where the 3-liter VQ makes 410hp normally aspirated. Rumors say that the VQ in the GT-R will be a 3.3L.

As a taste of what is to come, the "276hp" Skyline Coupe(our G35 Coupe) has already outperformed the R34 GT-R in the slalom. biggrin.gif
]{aya
Posted: Jan 30 2003, 03:47 PM

Old HOT PINK Schmuck

Member No.: 47

QUOTE (karasac @ Jan 16 2003, 09:48 PM)
Ford=Fix Or Repair Daily

and belive me, i have one

ahaha true true

Probe=a wannabe RX-7  <_<

RRRRRRR ...wannabe MX-6

3 Pages  1 2 3