Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Mickey B. - Take My Soul

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,258  ·  Replies: 2 
> Sileighty Conversion Questions
ThisRiceEater
  Posted: Oct 28 2013, 09:38 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,103

Hello, I'd like to ask a couple questions about what is required in order to do a Sileighty conversion.

1. Is it true that all that's needed is to unbolt parts of the 180 front and bolt on the necessary S13 parts and then rewire the headlights? No cutting or welding anywhere?

2. Does the year model of each car matter? Because I know the 180 had three major variations released during its time in production.

Just curious about it and I might considering doing one sometime in the future as a hobby project if I get the sufficient funds and spare time. I'm just finishing my final year of high school so I won't be doing anything of the sort anytime soon, but it'd be nice to have this information in the back of my mind for whenever I would need it.
Mr. Shine
Posted: Oct 29 2013, 02:52 PM

Troll King

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,757

You may need to change bumper supports or similar also from memory, but yes it is effectively a bolt-on swap.

Further, if you have access to an entire 180SX/200SX (not sure if the RS13 200SX was sold in Australia, but we have them in New Zealand) front complete with headlight wiring loom, I believe you can just unplug and swap the relevant sections of loom without needing to rewire anything.
Sensation!
Posted: Oct 29 2013, 07:35 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

QUOTE (Mr. Shine @ 4 hours, 42 minutes ago)
You may need to change bumper supports or similar also from memory, but yes it is effectively a bolt-on swap.

Since I'm a S13 owner, this is accurate.

You would need the bumper support off a s13 Silvia. I hear you can trim your 180sx bumper support to fit, but I honestly don't recommend it.

The lights should also be plug and play if you have the harnesses. Keep in mind that there are 3 different s13 Silvia headlights, Two of which will require just a bit more attention than the other one.