Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Symbol - Forever Young

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 5,868  ·  Replies: 8 
> Any news of PlayStation 3 Port of Stage 5 or 6AA?
Pizzaman
    Posted: Sep 11 2011, 03:17 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,863

Has anyone heard anything about a new home version of one of the newer arcade stages?

Extreme Stage for PS3 came out in 2008--it seems like a new version is due. With 5 and 6AA out in the arcades for an extended time already, and with the PS3 reaching the later years of its life, it seems like Sega must be preparing a home port to hit soon. It's really hard to find any arcades with these versions in the US, so it would be awesome.

Any news anyone?
Tessou
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 04:16 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Signs point to no considering the sales of Extreme Stage were not good. They have to be able to market the game, which would require a lot of potential buyers to what is a niche title.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
venth85
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 06:00 PM

Hello again~~

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 21,309

Of course the sales werent so good, since IDAS4 gameplay was the worst of IDAS, it was probably unfinished game, and the happo course looks too empty somehow. But I don't mind Port from IDAS.5 with IDAS.6 cars lineup biggrin.gif
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 06:07 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

Happo doesn't really fit the AS4 1.5 physics. I have no idea what Sega was thinking when they put Happo in there.
venth85
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 06:23 PM

Hello again~~

I felt that IDAS.5 gameplay is the most suitable for most courses, off course SEGA still need to tweak the Tire management, previously we only fully use the tire boost at CP4, maybe if only applicable in different CP, which make the game more strategical, and it offer different style/setting like IDAS.6 so it will effect the tire boost. and in IDAS.5 most cars can almost stand on equal ground when battle, in IDAS.6, FF cars almost useless.
Pizzaman
  Posted: Sep 11 2011, 06:40 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,863

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 24 minutes ago)
Signs point to no considering the sales of Extreme Stage were not good. They have to be able to market the game, which would require a lot of potential buyers to what is a niche title.

It seems like it only sold about 80,000 on VGChartz...Still, it had a "PS3 the Best" release, which seems odd if that was all it sold.
Tessou
Posted: Sep 11 2011, 06:43 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

They might've reduced the requirements for a "Best" release to 50,000, or it might have just required a certain percentage of the original run sold.

Like, if they originally produced 100,000 discs, and sold 80,000 units, that's 80% success, which is good.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 09:14 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

I'm personally hoping they do, IDAS5 is a good game and deserves to be memorialised and in my opinion deserves a port much more than IDAS4. Not to mentioned online play that comes with being a PS3 release.

I'm not optimistic that they would port it, but I'm still praying for it someday.

QUOTE ("venth85")
in IDAS.6, FF cars almost useless

I guess that makes sense because they're not suppose to even be able to drift in real life so they're probably not going to drift well in the game should not perform well based on the way boost is allocated.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 12 2011, 09:18 AM
venth85
Posted: Sep 13 2011, 12:04 AM

Hello again~~

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Yesterday, 9:14 AM)
I guess that makes sense because they're not suppose to even be able to drift in real life so they're probably not going to drift well in the game should not perform well based on the way boost is allocated.

Thus, making the cars performance really unbalanced, during IDAS.5, Players were more daring when it come to choosing cars for battle and more varieties, now AE86s are like must have car for Time attack facepalm.gif , similar to IDAS.4 S2000/AE86.

if SEGA want to port, let's hope they pick IDAS.5 with IDAS.6 cars lineup pinch2.gif
And this isn't really related to the topic, but Arcade Stage Forum still stuck with IDAS.5 logo and banner, any mods kindly willing to change it? I can provide the banner and logo ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by venth85 on Sep 13 2011, 01:57 AM